Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,632 members, 7,854,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:15 PM

Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment (10358 Views)

Fresh BMW Scandal : Patience Jonathan Got Import Waivers For Coscharis Motors / ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo / How Jonathan Got His GCFR By Reuben Abati - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by lindalee(f): 10:50am On Nov 26, 2010
In the Land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King,of all the people contesting for Presidency,Gej 'seems' to be the most straightforward.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by oluite(f): 11:07am On Nov 26, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Goodluck Jonathan wrote on facebook ten minutes ago:

''I was loyal to my leader, the late great President Umaru Yar'adua. I am loyal to Nigeria, I don't claim to represent North, South or a Committee-I represent Nigeria. I am loyal to Nigeria's economy, I don't have accounts or property abroad, ALL my children live and school in Nigeria. I am loyal to my wife and friends. Can those who accuse me say the same?'' GEJ
Being loyal to Nigeria entails unswerving in allegience to Nigeria:having your children in schools in Nigeria is alright but its not Key!When there is power,good roads,healthcare infact a system that works in Nigeria then such a leader is loyal!!
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by lordvamon(m): 11:13am On Nov 26, 2010
right kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by akossyy: 11:17am On Nov 26, 2010
Whatever, Mr President be urself and dont mind what people say,
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by HARDDON: 11:21am On Nov 26, 2010
Come rain or shine, Ma vote lies with GEJ, DAT IS, if vote still counts in this country. and come to think of it, is there any berra option out there? Your guess is as gud as mine!

LONG LIVE NIGERIA
LONG LIVE GEJ
LONG LIVE DON LEGEND
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by 190: 11:27am On Nov 26, 2010
For the fact that his kids school in nigeria

he has my full support!!
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 26, 2010
as has been pointed out in past by gej's no one boot licker - the messiah has two small kids

lets see if those kids will spend their entire schooling in naija

gej , not everyone is a sucker - plenty of leaders ploiticians' kids do their primary and secondary school in naija

try again
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 26, 2010
What Nigeria does needs is NOT
1: A Loyal President (There are no loyalties in Politics, go ask Obama)
2: A President whose personal life is attached to his Office
3: A President whose Agenda is based on promises and personal confidence without cold hard facts on addressing the challenges that threaten make those promises unfulfilled.
4: A President who is undeniably hasty and emotional

What we need IS
1: A President whose grip on  the Party Majority is IRON-CLAD
2: A President who is above-all Objective and Pragmatic willing to sacrifice Sycophancy for True Democracy

I know IBB, Atiku and all the rest vying for this position are not it and definitely GEJ is nowhere near any semblance of the kind of President Nigeria needs
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by ikeobidi(m): 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2010
interesting
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by JUO(m): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2010
good for him
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by zionic(m): 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2010
A prophet is not recognized in his own land, 9ja make una give GEJ a chance ooo, he has good intentions ooo, afterall he is Godsent to heal the nation of the likes of, those that have tasted power n dont wanna let go, even Jesus was cruxcified after which the world came to know that He was the saviour. angry

All am saying is this, we need new blood, Atiku don chop belle full what ima want form us again, ?

GEJ is the man anyday, give him a chance, as for me i don vote for GEJ fininsh bc him alone i see. smiley
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by 1025: 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2010
Come rain or shine, Ma vote lies with GEJ, DAT IS, if vote still counts in this country. and come to think of it, is there any berra option out there? Your guess is as gud as mine!

@HARDDON,
u are right if u say or think jonathan is the best option but if i may ask, was there a better option to obasanjo in 1999 and 2003? do u think there was a better option to yar aduar 2007?
the bigger issue here is the manner with which these best options are choosen. obasanjo was in prison when his fate as the next president of nigeria was decided and that was explained to the last letter by mustapha in oputa panel. 2007 was a shame of a country in our bid to choose the best president and the vice president. here we are again, 95% guarranttee for jonathan as the next president of nigeria. do u think we are moving forward spending billions each season decieving people to come out under an unfriendly weather to cast votes that never make never.
how long are we going to continue in this manner?
jonathan himself will tell u that the problem of nigeria is corrupt leaders but who are the corrupt leaders? maybe u and i? if jonathan knows our problems and cannot do anything to change them, he is a failure and in other countries will honourably resign.

i have been in more than 8 countries both here in africa and outside, it is only in nigeria that politics remains fresh from january to december. other places, ppl and govt talk politics only during elections but what do we have here? enemies of the govt, oposition to the govt, govt versus govt, inec versus electorates, elections and results, court's ruling over malpractices, expolsion of elected officials. tell me what time our govt give to the masses and projects.

we are not making any headway and u and i know this. we need change. pdp is not doing well and there is nothing one can do abt that.
we want nigeria to be like other countries or even better with what we have. how on earth did this country become this meaningless that professors, doctors, engineers, oil magnets and ppl of all professions are running into politics bcs that is the easiest and surest way to wealth?

must we argue over everything? somebody is tripping over jonathan's comments on facebook which means such man have never had the opportunity to see and trip with what other leaders are doing for their countries. dubai roads are washed with water and soap. dubai lights never blinks. dubai police are never on road blocks. no shop will be broken with trace in dubai, no death will be unresolved in dubai, no kidnapping in dubai, dubai citizens enjoy free educations and medicals, dubai citizens don't pay taxes. maybe nobody is tripping with all these. and this is a country that borrowed money from nigeria sometime ago.

let us stop decieving ourselves. even if jonathan is a saint, tell me how many saints that have lived and survived with devils. who in jonathan's group is a good name in this country? why will a good man be close to all the known criminals in nigeria? let us be reasonable for once.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Oxygenmayo(m): 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2010
his just trying to show his transparency, anyone can go ahead and same the same thing, he'd better get smart, ATIKU and his other corroborators are up to sumfin thing in this forthcoming election,
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by BetaThings: 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2010
Maxidoe:

Am not a Jonathan supporter, but he is the best amongst the PDP aspirants, even though my vote is for RIBADU.All i want to say is that people should stop spreading rumors,someone said his wife does not have a child of her own, where on earth did you get that from?what proves do you have i mean is there a kinda of link, just quench our doubt, another one said his son is studying in spain, do you also have evidence t support your lame claims and allegations, i mean something concrete and not dumb like reliable source.a lot of people's comments here shows a very low level of IQ and maturity, please you arev talking about the president of the federal republic of Nigeria, you may not have the training, understanding but please once in a while try to show a little sense of decorum.
And you, Sir, are saying people have low IQ? God have mercy!
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by BetaThings: 10:37pm On Nov 26, 2010
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by BetaThings: 10:40pm On Nov 26, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

Okay, I must be honest to say that sometimes, I do not know whether GEJ can be trusted, but other times one wonders if Nigeria/Nigerians are truly under estimating the capabilities of GEJ. Onething I know for sure is that GEJ knows Nigeria problems grassroot wise and He also knows and have people  around him that know what solutions to profer.

I think the mistake that most Nigerians make is failure to realize that much of the social-economic and infrastructural failures they see around them daily is largely due to the ineptitudes of the Local and State Governments!

Funny enough, most of us can afford to throw stones at GEJ and call him names saying He has no clue on how to fix the economy, but ow many of us have done same to our councillors, local government chairmen/chairperson, governors, House reps member and senators? Or do we not realise that these are the people responsible for our micro-economy and that the FG, by and large is only responsible for the Macro-Economy of the Nation?

Nigerians with double see attitude!!
Go and learn propaganda very well from the masters
This is still a poor attempt
If a couple is blessed with a child after 10years, praise goodluck
If my transformer has an issue, blame my councilor!
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by BetaThings: 10:49pm On Nov 26, 2010
xoxo, :

As a matter of fact yes i do, if he lies about such a thing, his opposition would find out and use it against him, and i am sure he's aware of that and wouldn't take that risk by kicking himself in the foot.  Though the question of whether he used to own properties abroad is still open, he could have disposed them solely for a political statement. I am not that gullible angry angry angry, i know this isn't enough of a criteria to vote a president but for the first time i give him a pass mark amongst all the other fails he has in my book.
Not that simple for a man married to the greediest person in Bayelsa
Nigerian politicians lie all the time even when confronted with evidence, remember our own Amos Adamu?
Other politicians will not use it because they also will be confronted with theirs - GEJ controls SSS, NIA, DMI etc
And of course, you have to find out first. There is not enough time to do that before April 2011

BTW why is he no longer publishing his assets declaration form
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by BetaThings: 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2010
zionic:

A prophet is not recognized in his own land, 9ja make una give GEJ a chance ooo, he has good intentions ooo, afterall he is Godsent to heal the nation of the likes of, those that have tasted power n dont wanna let go, even Jesus was cruxcified after which the world came to know that He was the saviour. angry

All am saying is this, we need new blood, Atiku don chop belle full what ima want form us again, ?

GEJ is the man anyday, give him a chance, as for me i don vote for GEJ fininsh bc him alone i see. smiley
At this point 4 years ago, Yaradua had a better reputation
and what became of that?
So Johnathan is now a prophet?
So it is time for Johnathan to chop belle full
This man has been part of PDP highest organs since 1999 and he is a fresh blood!
BTW when did we discover this one-in-town Johnathan? 2007? 2009?
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Uzzyan: 10:16am On Nov 27, 2010
let the truth be sid GEJ is just a politician who thinks he can brainwash the teaming majority especially the youths who are mostly on fb. Politician wud always be what and who they are, i do not think of believing what any politician says thats why am very sure i wud not vote come 2011 because am not certain abt my vote count. Let whatever wants to happen happen, whoever they want to rule us wud do so. So guys stop thinkin ur vote will count, mtscheewwwwww!!!!
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 27, 2010
WTF is wrong with his kids schooling in Nigeria? He got no foreign account? Damn this nigga can LIE as hell
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by lekan002(m): 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2010
cheesy what a bad topic
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Reality001(m): 2:12am On Nov 28, 2010
Make them let us hear word na?
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Nobody: 2:54am On Nov 28, 2010
JEGA got me tripping with his sexiness! Amen!

I was watching one of his interviews. . . Sexy voice, and very articulate to booth! I need find me a gorgeous Ijaw man! Praise the Lord!
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by chic2pimp(m): 11:17am On Nov 28, 2010
[size=20pt]HALLELUJAH!!![/size]
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by babsmii(m): 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2010
loyal to some extent, very correct!.
he didn't just bring his children to teh country when he got the vp ticket, he had them in Nigeria even when he was deputy governor, so its not for screen saver or campaign.
no one is perfect, everyone of us excoriating his ambition has to have a second thought because i dont see any of his rivals doing better.
If Atiku should get there, the first thing he'll do is to start witch-hunting Obj and his enemies as he calls them, the second thing would be to change policies so the background of any of his success would not be traced back to GEJ or previous successors. so what make this man better?
GEJ is not a saint and he cannnot please everybody at all times but for the little he's ready to do, please do. after all you're human,
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by foyeks2001(f): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2010
anyway, he's(GEJ) got 2wives
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by 9ja4eva: 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2010
Haha President get mouth.He is so good with words but i believe he will deliver one way or the other.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by ADELL(m): 9:17am On Nov 30, 2010
THIS SURELY CANNOT BE COMING FROM THE MOUTH OF GOODLUCK. IT WOULD BE A BAD OMEN IF HE STARTS LYING EVEN WITHOUT KNOWING THE MINDS OF NIGERIANS. HE SHOULD BE ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION, ''WHAT DOES HIS SON GO TO DO IN SPAIN?'' MAYBE TO WATCH REAL MADRID AND BARCELONA PLAY SOCCER ABI? IF TRULY THESE QUOTES ARE HIS, THEN WE ARE IN SOUP [GOD FORBID].

MY CANDID ADVICE TO GEJ IS; CONCENTRATE ON THE TASK AHEAD OF YOU AND DON'T BE COAXED INTO TALKING LIKE DRUNKS IN THE BEER PALOUR, FOR GOD SAKES YOU ARE MR.PRESIDENT.

THE FACT IS NO ONE IS MORE QUALIFIED TO RULE AMONGST THE ASPIRANTS THAN YOUR SELF. THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE GOOD. WE JUST DEY PATCH BECOS ''HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN CHINCHIN'' .
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by jamesugo: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2010
Truly, GEJ is loyal to his country. All accusers are traitor.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by 1025: 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2010
we dey laugh ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by LKRavitz(m): 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2010
this goodluck is a retard. he is too desperate, the fact that ur kids are in nigeria is no criteria for loyalty or reelection. u r a green snake under a green grass. vote buhari for president 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels / 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times / Breaking: Ex- CBN Gov Godwin Emefiele Refunds N4trn To FG Coffers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.