Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) (39934 Views)

Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Abiscodi11: 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
AJ all the way. keep making us proud.
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Goodnigga: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:
IMO
He wasn't beaten.
One on one, AJ cannot withstand this guy.

Andy has quick fists but slow body movement, lethal jabs that could have knocked AJ out.

Anyways, no excuses. AJ won with sense.

#float like a butterfly and sting like a bee
you funny o! So, it was two on two he fought with him?

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by toprealman: 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
YungMillionaire:

The emboldened is what I was thinking about yesterday. Luis defense is very poor. He has a very strong chin and took tons of punishment from Joshua. However, if he goes against someone like Wilder and tries to slug it out, Wilder's wicked right hand could send Andy to the grave. I am not even joking here, Wilder can kill this guy. I will advise him not to face Wilder. He can handle Fury though, I have no doubt.
Some 5D boxers think otherwise. What else can I say.....I will only seat back and enjoy the bout.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Mikkyjay17(m): 6:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Raydos:

I doubt if you watch the first leg and the second leg Videos, You only follow it up online

Andy Ruiz will beat joshua hands down, If they meet 10 times, Andy Ruiz will win 8

I'm very sure you never watch the Video, Joshua was beaten mercilessly in the first leg, Because he thought the guy was just a overweight boxer who he could easily beat, But he learnt his lessons after been beaten mercilessly in the first leg

He adjusted in the second leg, He didn't get too close to Andy, He was Running upandan while andy was facing him with all energy

Joshua was lucky to have won this match!

Bros shame no catch you.

Your comments here are irking.
It's crystal clear you ain't a boxing fan, your attention to watch the rematch was accrued by the public attention.

If not so you would have watched the post conference of the match.

Let me ask you, what more do you know about boxing?
if former boxing champions and boxing analysts could painstakingly hail Joshua, for such prowess he exhibited, then my friend you got nothing to prove other than beclouded points for criticism.

AJ said, at a point during the match he was curious to knock him down looking at his eyes, but he remembered what Robb (his trainer) told him, to stick to the game plan, while Andy Ruiz was apologizing to his Father for not obeying his instructions.

Obviously, he wasn't used to the game plan, but that was needed to execute the match in his favour.

Their first match, I can vividly say AJ berated him reason why he lost, meanwhile this rematch, Ruiz berated him reason he lost too.

If they were to meet 10 times, Ruiz won't be able to win 1 aside the first fight he won.

Same tactics will definitely be used again.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Gentew(m): 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:
IMO
He wasn't beaten.

Andy has quick fists but slow body movement, lethal jabs that could have knocked AJ out.

How do you mean by one on one AJ can't beat him.... Was it two on one when AJ beat him?

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Richie7(m): 6:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
I thought he will call for rematch too
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by antysocial: 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:
IMO
He wasn't beaten.

So the one they fought was one on what? Idiot

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by romeorailss: 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:
@kokomilala

I like AJ and give him full credit for his win.

But try and understand my point. I know boxing is a sport, and there are different techniques.

The technique AJ employed made the match boring.

It got to a point, Andy was frustrated, signalling to AJ “come fight me”.

Like in football, some team park the bus, while some play explosive attacking football.

You get the drift right?

You are very funny with this statement . So AJ is supposed to make it very lively and easy for Andy ?

That's called tactics. Making it boring for him and frustrating him to his own advantage. I know u were expecting a knockout whereby AJ will rush him and knock him down .

AJ came with a better strategy and he won

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by olatilldend: 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
Idiot kept trolling AJ when he caught a lucky break. AJ should ignore his sorry arsse and move on to real pros. No second chance!
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
alexvatt:
U are a fool. In sports all u need is results, not how u go about it. Nobody cares weather the fight is boring or not. All is needed is result. Anthony Joshua knew what is at stakez and went for it. If he had lost that fight, that would have been an end to his carrier. Nobody cares about ur stupid and miserable opinion. AJ did the right things at the right time. AJ use to knock out his opponent in the ring. But this time is a different story. U have to take things the way it comes. Anthony Joshua did Andy Ruiz a big favour by bringing him to the limeline. Andy Ruiz was an unknown boxer, with no record. Now he is a former heavy weight champion of the world. A title not easy to come by. There are lots of great boxers who has never smelt that title. Andy Ruiz is a lucky boxer who became popular without much stress. So carry ur miserable life and opinion to somewhere else ok. U are a big fool!
Shuuu!the guy collect your wife? Why the many insult na?
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Legendguru: 7:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by samology2000: 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
Abeg make them give this guy 4 olosho make them massage and remove all those dirty pig fat from him body so that at least him go dey physically fit. I don talk my own ooo.
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by madridsta007(m): 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
RamseyBolton:

The boring Mayweather style. Its making boxing look weak

From Manny Robles, Ruiz trainer.

“He [Joshua] fought a great fight, and he surprised me. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a heavyweight move the way he did,” said Robles to secondsout about Joshua’s movement. “Stick and move, and he had that footwork. You don’t find heavyweights that moved the way he did.

“It’s very rare for a heavyweight to move in the fashion that he did. I have nothing but respect for Joshua and his team, because they did what they had to do, and they fought a great fight,” said Robles.

I am sure you don’t know more than a legendary boxing trainer.

Boxing is called sweet science because your plan is to hit and not get hit. Movement and slickness is part of the sport. AJ was accused of being too stiff and robotic; he moves like Ali and Fury, he is accused of being too swift.

Truly, you can’t please everybody lol. Confused lots.
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by RamseyBolton: 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
madridsta007:

From Manny Robles, Ruiz trainer.

“He [Joshua] fought a great fight, and he surprised me. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a heavyweight move the way he did,” said Robles to secondsout about Joshua’s movement. “Stick and move, and he had that footwork. You don’t find heavyweights that moved the way he did.

“It’s very rare for a heavyweight to move in the fashion that he did. I have nothing but respect for Joshua and his team, because they did what they had to do, and they fought a great fight,” said Robles.

I am sure you don’t know more than a legendary boxing trainer.

Boxing is called sweet science because your plan is to hit and not get hit. Movement and slickness is part of the sport. AJ was accused of being too stiff and robotic; he moves like Ali and Fury, he is accused of being too swift.

Truly, you can’t please everybody lol. Confused lots.

Oga go and sit down
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by VanEFCC: 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
Johnwhiteceo:
Andy Ruiz has apologised to his many fans and loved ones after losing his highly anticipated rematch with Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia.

Recall that Ruiz shocked the world back in June, but was given a lesson in controlled boxing as AJ refused to get involved in a scrape on Saturday.

The Mexican has such fast hand, massive power and a solid chin, but was unable to get passed Joshua’s jab as the taller fighter kept him at bay during their rematch.

AJ stayed at arms length for the 12 rounds and picked off his punches, with the Mexican getting more frustrated as the seconds ticked by.

After the fight Ruiz called for a third fight in the ring, and later apologised to his fans for not training hard enough and not taking the bout seriously.

Ruiz said, in a social media post, ‘All my supporters, all my fans, all my loved ones, I’m sorry I let you down.

‘I know we didn’t get this victory but that was a learning experience. I know I should have trained harder, I know I should have taken it more serious but he won, no excuses.
Abeg , I Must say oooo , Instead of Reading Latest Nigeria News i prefer listening to Good Top Naija Songs Biko ooooo

‘Best believe I’m going to come back stronger. Thank you everybody.’

The boxing world will be looking for AJ to take on the winner of Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder, with the two set to meet in February.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S26YDzy6If4

https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/andy-ruiz-apologizes-to-fans-after.html
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by madridsta007(m): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
RamseyBolton:

Oga go and sit down

E pain am cheesy grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by RamseyBolton: 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
madridsta007:

E pain me cheesy grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by madridsta007(m): 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
[quote author=RamseyBolton post=84777350][/quote]

E pain am grin cheesy cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Bahamas95(m): 1:33am On Dec 10, 2019
Honestly that guy doesn't look like a boxer to me, he looks more like a comedian

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by otipoju(m): 1:52am On Dec 10, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:
IMO
He wasn't beaten.

When you say one on one, i dont get, was it tei on two that they were doing in the ring for 36 minutes?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Simeone: Messi Plays Better In Attacking Team; Ronaldo Can Simplify Match / Lionel Messi's Free Kick Against Liverpool Voted Best Champions League Goal / Naomi Osaka Lights The Olympic Cauldron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.