Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,011 members, 7,863,673 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack (1251 Views)

DSS Leaked Letter On #ENDSARS Protest. Please Warn Your Loved Ones / Magu Visits Lawal Daura In SARS Office After His Sack As DSS Boss / The 11 Sins Of Daura That Led To His Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by State001: 9:01am On Dec 10, 2019
It has emerged that the immediate past Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Babatunde Fowler, sought renewal of his appointment a day before its expiration.

Fowler, whose term of office expired on Monday, 9th December, 2019, was replaced by “a renowned tax consultant”, Muhammad M. Nami, reports Igbere TV.

The appointment, however, raised eyebrows with many criticizing the President for appointing yet another “Northerner” in his administration.

Others sought to know why the President could not consider Fowler for reappointment, with few suggesting that the FIRS boss term was probably non-renewable.

But a leaked letter by the former FIRS boss obtained by Igbere TV on Tuesday, showed that Fowler indeed sought reappointment from President Muhammadu Buhari.

The letter which was addressed to Boss Mustapha, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, said the move was in consistent with Provisions of the FIRS Establishment Act 2007.

But with the appointment of Mr. Nami as replacement, it may be safe to say Fowler, an ally of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, was probably snubbed.

http://igberetvnews.com/1186666/firs-leaked-letter-shows-fowler-begged-reapportionment-sack/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by State001: 9:01am On Dec 10, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by popsy2(m): 9:08am On Dec 10, 2019
Okay
Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by Racoon(m): 9:14am On Dec 10, 2019
Meanwhile, Ibrahim Magu appointment have expired, re-expired, renewed and then currently constitutionally inconclusive.Only hausa-fulani appointments does not have any defined limits. This government nepotism no be am.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by Anambralstson: 9:17am On Dec 10, 2019
Those of us that watched 9:00 pm on Friday last week will understand, mid of their broadcast they started sponsored media campaign for Fowler, they showed him visiting IDP camps in the north, doing many projects in Katsina and Kaduna grin after all the media campaign and hype bubu disappointed him grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:21am On Dec 10, 2019
Tinubu should do something about this na
Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by Born2Breed(f): 9:28am On Dec 10, 2019
grin
Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by technicallyrich(m): 9:29am On Dec 10, 2019
Let them kick him out. He is a yorubara muslim.
Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by healthserve(m): 9:31am On Dec 10, 2019
Racoon:
Meanwhile, Ibrahim Magu appointment have expired, re-expired, renewed and then currently constitutionally inconclusive.This government nepotism no be am.

On point. Its to break the psychological strength of the S.W and the entire south, to weaken the regions mental strength and power. Its a regional tussle. But strange the south doesn't always act wise to detect the motives of the North

Back me up SarkinYarki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by SarkinYarki: 9:32am On Dec 10, 2019
We warned them but they said they understood politics , the removal of Fowler should open that SW eye by now that Buhari will never handover to Tinubu or any one of them . last year I made three predictions that Fowler will be the first Tinubus boy to be removed before 2019 ends and the second before 2020 ends pressure will be put on the VP to resign over concocted Corruption charges and thirdly by mid 2022 Tinubu will be on self exile . I don't call myself a Buharitologist for nothing. , I can read Buhari like a tarrot card

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by Racoon(m): 9:32am On Dec 10, 2019
Anambralstson:
Those of us that watched 9:00 pm on Friday last week will understand, mid of their broadcast they started sponsored media campaign for Fowler.

They showed him visiting IDP camps in the north, doing many projects in Katsina and Kaduna.After all the media campaign &hype bubu disappointed him grin grin
Hausa-Fulani does not regard non-self.Hence no matter how you try, you can never please them.This is why it's pathetic of the likes of Amaechi, Orji Kalu, Falana, Soyinka, Rochas, Tinubu, Ngige etc to think that asslicking will save them.
Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by Pusyiter(m): 9:36am On Dec 10, 2019
I knew it from the start that he would not be re-appointed ever since he was queried by the VP Admin (CoS)
Well, let posterity be your judge as you sojourn in other endeavors Mr. Fowler
Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by Racoon(m): 9:39am On Dec 10, 2019
SarkinYarki:
We warned them but they said they understood politics.The removal of Fowler should open that SW eye by now that Buhari will never handover to Tinubu or any one of them.

Last year I made three predictions;
-Fowler will be the first Tinubus boy to be removed before 2019 ends...
-Second before 2020 ends pressure will be put on the VP to resign over concocted Corruption charges....
-Thirdly by mid 2022 Tinubu will be on self exile. I don't call myself a Buharitologist for nothing. I can read Buhari like a tarrot card
Spot on bro.An educationally well endowed region falling for such iberiberism? grin grin @ "Buharitologist."
Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by iyatrustee(f): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2019
It is the prerogative of the president to grant him a 2nd tenure. There is no begging in that letter, he only stated his availability shld he be reconsidered.

Someone was on that seat before him so what is the issue here?
Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by TheFacelessMan: 10:07am On Dec 10, 2019
iyatrustee:
It is the prerogative of the president to grant him a 2nd tenure. There is no begging in that letter, he only stated his availability shld he be reconsidered.

Someone was on that seat before him so what is the issue here?

Hehehe. THEY will never see it that way.

Anything to discredit the government is welcome.

I am not a big fan of this current administration just not childish about it.

And face it, as flawed as Buhari's anticorruption fight might seem, 3 ex Governors have been jailed during his tenure.

Slow but welcome progress.

1 Like

Re: FIRS: Leaked Letter Shows Fowler Begged For Reapportionment Before His Sack by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 10, 2019
Not new.

Same way Osinbajo and Tinubu is begging as of the moment.

But the master who supritends over the slaves don't always give them listening ear.

(1) (Reply)

Fr Mbaka Vs T B Joshua - Who Is The Greatest....... / FG To Reduce Fuel Price To N97 / Ibaka Superhighway: A Visionary Concept

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.