Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' (55575 Views)

Agbo Major: Peter Obi Accepting To Be Kwankwaso's VP Is The Only Option / FFK: I Will Only Leave APC If Muslim/Muslim Ticket With Muslim VP Is Adopted / Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by BleedTears: 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
Simplyleo:
Lol, e don reach soyinka turn. cheesy

Oya, shildren of 8, time to show soyinka the full length of your tongues. grin
Why wailing?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by ETWs: 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
LUGBE:
Always speaking from your both sides of the mouth
I'm not sure you understood the apology
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by tfelicityk(m): 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
Some people are too quick to pass judgement on matter you didn't investigate at all...

It takes wisdom, encouragement and understanding of someone to make apologies...

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by livebyday(m): 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
optimus106:
Yoruba people
Always speaking from both
sides of their mouths...

don't quote me
and if you wish to argue,

argue with your Ancestors plz.

Inciting comment, off topic and derailing thread

Mynd44 Seun lalasticlala OAM4J
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by Vanessa116(f): 5:58pm On Dec 11, 2019
saintade01:
Remember earlier this week, The Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism postponed the presentation of award to the Nigerian Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo.

According to the organisation in a statement signed by its Executive Director/CEO, Motunrayo Alaka, “the postponement was decided on, to align with protests against the repression of freedom of speech in recent times especially the incident between the Department of State Security (DSS) and Omoleye Sowore, Publisher of Sahara Reporters, on Friday 6 December.”

But the press statement released by the Centre has apologized for that move.

https://twitter.com/WSoyinkaCentre/status/1204431342647287809?s=20
The fear of DSS ��[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by waledeji(m): 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
khye:
[s][/s]
stale trash
jobless romance scammers everywhere
[/s][s]
Who is more jobless between you and the person you quoTe? cheesy wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by boladale123: 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
Your mumu never do

PStacks:
Please help post this for me to register my dissatisfaction with PUNCH.

I am Totally Dissapointed in Punch Newspaper if latest headlines circulating social media space credited to their company about President Muhammadu Buhari.

Punch as a whole has shown shallowness and lack depts in understanding.

First I am Dissapointed in what they are Reacting to and Secondly I am dissapointed at their Reaction itself.

First about what they are reacting to, I am not moved one Bit by whatever adjective the Punch uses to Describe president Buhari.
We have seen worse case scenerios in this country when AIT African Independent Television took to their TV station to embark on a campaign of Hate, Calumny. Smear campaigns.

It is not today, this is not the first Medua campaign against Buhari, AIT's own was worse than this but we all know where it ended.

What im mostly dissapointed about is even their reaction and the deterent they supposedly want to use to deter The President.

Someone worked and rose through the Ranks of a Prestigious Institution as the Nigerian Army. He rose to the Ranks of Major General. Meritoriously and Ceremoniously Decorated.

A very coveted position and Rank. Not something you come by just anyhow.

Something of Pride and Prestige. "Major General".

I am amazed Punch Newspaper thinks addressing President Buhari as "Major General Buhari" is something derogatory.

To me, it serves the exert opposite purpose...

To me personally, I prefer to address the President as Retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari than to just address him as "President Buhari"...

Punch in her all wisdom should have known that a Nomenclature does not and can never determine the Content of a Man's Character.

Major General Buhari is a man of uncommon Integrity.

Even if Punch Newspaper decides to call the preaident "Saint Buhari" or "Devil Buhari" those to me are mere Nomenclatures.

Punch should have known that you can Never assasinate the character of a man by what you address him as.

Calling him Major General Buhari will not and can not and will never make him stop being a Democratically Elected President that came in through the Ballot and score Most Popular votes in excess of 15 million votes in an Election closely monitored by local and International Observers.

Punch is lacking in basic fundamental knowledge in character Assasination, they can learn better from AIT.

What Punch has done with this publication credited to them in the media is not different from the drama Sowore Acted in Court...

Buhari has consistently been attacked since before his Campaign, Election and eventual Inaugiration and has not stoped being Attacked.

But the Most Gracious Old Soldier Baba Go Slow would pay them no mind.

Punch Publication is just another one of those distractions we have gotten used to.

We that #StandWithBuhari has seen way more than all this Antics.

I am Dissapointed in Punch, they should have pulled a better Stunt Next time.

OMA
Public Affairs Analyst.

#IStandWithBuhari

https://www.omascope.com/politics/the-fallacy-in-punch-newspaper-smear-campaigna so Punch Newspaper sef go tender apology..

mtcheeew .
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
Nice one. It takes a great heart to apologize and accept that one is at fault. Won't be surprised to see some ridicule this bold and enviable step.
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by uniquelyspecial(m): 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
Blingblings:
Is Major Gen. Buharia aware??
Please it's not complete. Add "the dictator"
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by uniquelyspecial(m): 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
Blingblings:
Is Major Gen. Buharia aware??
Please it's not complete. Add "the dictator"
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by meccuno: 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
Yoruba People. grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by Mutemenot(m): 6:03pm On Dec 11, 2019
I haven't seen any elder as confused as wole soyinka, Sagay, Bakare and that Islamic leader..
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by donprinyo(m): 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Typical of a yoruba tribe
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by Confirmedzombie: 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Your appologize accepted. Next time before you wrote something and took it to the public try and be sure.

Watch how the illiyirate children's of hate will attacks soyinka.

Igbos always spoken rubbish and supot evils.
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by gudnex22(m): 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
optimus106:
Yoruba people
Always speaking from both
sides of their mouths...

don't quote me
and if you wish to argue,

argue with your Ancestors plz.

I quote you just to tell you that
You are right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by largehead: 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
landmark86:
Wole Soyinka is in confuse set of mind
lord let me not live this kind of life
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by Quorax: 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
Jasen1:
When you first announced the termination of the award you gave reasons for it with long epistle
Now you want to apologise you only said
We are wrong vice president is right

Vice president is right in what aspect?

You're protesting sowore rearrest and they've not realised him and you're saying he's right
What do you expect? But that thing they are postponing will eventually explode before their eyes.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by basty: 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
What will become of Nigeria in twenty years to come with the crop of half baked graduates/youths we have especially on Nairaland? I feel sorry for these cultists that cannot reason beyond their noses. Thrash
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by 77up(m): 6:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
Simplyleo:
Lol, e don reach soyinka turn. cheesy

Oya, shildren of 8, time to show soyinka the full length of your tongues. grin
...as expected, see them below wallow in tear cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by Barzinime(m): 6:11pm On Dec 11, 2019
Lol
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Why not copy nnamdi kanu, atiku, ffk etc
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by alfasexy: 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
LUGBE:
Always speaking from your both sides of the mouth

They are truly accursed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by basty: 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
PStacks:

I am Totally Dissapointed in Punch Newspaper if latest headlines circulating social media space credited to their company about President Muhammadu Buhari.

First I am Dissapointed in what they are Reacting to and Secondly I am dissapointed at their Reaction itself.

First about what they are reacting to, I am not moved one Bit by whatever adjective the Punch uses to Describe president Buhari.
We have seen worse case scenerios in this country when AIT African Independent Television took to their TV station to embark on a campaign of Hate, Calumny. Smear campaigns.

It is not today, this is not the first Medua campaign against Buhari, AIT's own was worse than this but we all know where it ended.

What im mostly dissapointed about is even their reaction and the deterent they supposedly want to use to deter The President.

Someone worked and rose through the Ranks of a Prestigious Institution as the Nigerian Army. He rose to the Ranks of Major General. Meritoriously and Ceremoniously Decorated.

I am amazed Punch Newspaper thinks addressing President Buhari as "Major General Buhari" is something derogatory.

To me personally, I prefer to address the President as Retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari than to just address him as "President Buhari"...

Punch in her all wisdom should have known that a Nomenclature does not and can never determine the Content of a Man's Character.

Even if Punch Newspaper decides to call the preaident "Saint Buhari" or "Devil Buhari" those to me are mere Nomenclatures.

Punch should have known that you can Never assasinate the character of a man by what you address him as.

Calling him Major General Buhari will not and can not and will never make him stop being a Democratically Elected President that came in through the Ballot and score Most Popular votes in excess of 15 million votes in an Election closely monitored by local and International Observers.

Punch is lacking in basic fundamental knowledge in character Assasination, they can learn better from AIT.

What Punch has done with this publication credited to them in the media is not different from the drama Sowore Acted in Court...

Buhari has consistently been attacked since before his Campaign, Election and eventual Inaugiration and has not stoped being Attacked.

Punch Publication is just another one of those distractions we have gotten used to.

OMA
Public Affairs Analyst.

#IStandWithBuhari

https://www.omascope.com/politics/the-fallacy-in-punch-newspaper-smear-campaigna so Punch Newspaper sef go tender apology..

mtcheeew .
Nonsense.

Mr Analyst, what Punch published and meant is, Buhari is not a Democrat and they cannot call him a civil man but a dictator.
How can a Democrat refused the order of a law court in a Democratic setting? Please read between the lines.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by yusluvad(m): 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2019
Nawa o. Anyways, it's noted...
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by xendra: 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
sounds like he has been threatened that he'll be next
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by iamDrRhymes(m): 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
PStacks:

OMA
Public Affairs Analyst.

#IStandWithBuhari

mtcheeew .
Nonsense.

Am also with Gen. Buhari
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
Jasen1:
When you first announced the termination of the award you gave reasons for it with long epistle
Now you want to apologise you only said
We are wrong vice president is right

Vice president is right in what aspect?

You're protesting sowore rearrest and they've not realised him and you're saying he's right
Please check dictionary for the difference between REALISED and RELEASED
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by fauda49(m): 6:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
iamDrRhymes:

Am also with Gen. Buhari

Eeyah pele. Also rock has received your invoice. Shehu Garba will ensure speedy processing. Mtcheeew ×4
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by masseratti: 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
What the center is saying is very simple, the veepee has used style to say he is not on same page with his boss on sowore issue and he was not even around, that's why he did not attend, but 5th columnist people who take this issues about themselves not the greater good are twisting it in another way.
Re: Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' by noisy45(m): 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
Sowore will not be released until 2024 in fact buhari has thrown his prison key into the Atlantic ocean enroute to Egypt grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Obasanjo Gyrating With Members Of Kegite Club Of Nigeria / We Will Avenge Death Of Every Herdsman Killed In South-East By IPOB - Miyetti / Ebelechukwu Obiano Mourns Ernest Asuzu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.