Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,029 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward (1571 Views)

"Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians / "Coward, I Appointed You" - Uwazuruike Blasts Nnamdi Kanu / Femi Fani-Kayode: 'Godswill Akpabio Is A Coward And A Slave' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Pusyiter(m): 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
I sat down to reflect and have been saddened on the recent development in our country.
From the arrest of Sowore to the abuse of human rights in Nigeria, you can hardly see an average youth complain or condemn the acts of this government rather, we are fanning the embers of tribe, religion and political party just for pecuniary dividend.
I saw Oshiomole and Gov. Wike hugging each other yesterday but you see youths killing themselves for them.
Rather than face the problem squarely, an average Nigerian youth prefers to be a dog in another man's manger by traveling aboard rather than remain and be a lion in the jungle called Nigeria.
We have been engrossed in yahoo yahoo, cultism and ritualism for transient pleasure.
Take it or leave it, those who fought for democracy are either old to function or are dead thereby permitting this regime to take us to the dumpsite but I have never seen any youth organization coming out to condemn the ignoble acts of this regime.
We are quick to talk about sex on empty head and stomach and take selfies on the numbing impudence and crass narcissism of this regime yet, we keep silent.
I know a foolish youth will jump to comment in the opposite but in the voice of Wole Soyinka, the man died in whom who keeps silent in the face of tyranny.
#LETSTOPTHISOPPRESSION..........
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Blue3k(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
There's no reason to complain endlessly without taking action. The simple thing to do is call your representatives and tell them to threaten impeachment. If they don't agree recall them. Nigerians aren't interested in actionable solutions so it doesn't matter. The other topics are at least interesting on some level.

1 Like

Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by EcoBrick: 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
Bros, are you also a 'Youth'? If so, why not set the example. As I dey look you so, you go fit do pass Sowore. Oya, take the lead. Talk is cheap. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by ursullalinda(f): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hahaha OP lead by example abi are you still a child or an old man?
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Pusyiter(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
We mobilized ourselves to Unity fountain to protest
First, we were informed it was closed for visit
Second, those we mobilized were asking for egunje and I was like.....egunje when your future is at stake?
EcoBrick:
Bros, are you also a 'Youth'? If so, why not set the example. As I dey look you so, you go fit do pass Sowore. Oya, take the lead. Talk is cheap. lipsrsealed
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Pusyiter(m): 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2019
Suggest?
Online ranting ain't making any difference.
Everybody seems to be scared to come out after our whats app invitation to some group of agitators
Blue3k:
There's no reason to complain endlessly without taking action. The simple thing to do is call your representatives and tell them to threaten impeachment. If they don't agree recall them. Nigerians aren't interested in actionable solutions so it doesn't matter. The other topics are at least interesting on some level.
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Blue3k(m): 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2019
Pusyiter:
Suggest?
Online ranting ain't making any difference.
Everybody seems to be scared to come out after our whats app invitation to some group of agitators

I dont care for rallies unless it's in Abuja. I'd rather just talk to my rep and call it a day. It's been proven on nairaland these guys answer their phones and will listen.
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
Haq haq haq. If CardibinLagos can trend more than sowore harassment in court. What else can we expect from we youths?
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by urahara(m): 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
Blue3k:

I dont care for rallies unless it's in Abuja. I'd rather just talk to my rep and call it a day. It's been proven on nairaland these guys answer their phones and will listen.

That's what I been saying concerning some Nigerians that feel that u.s should intervene in this Sowore saga. Call your reps and tell them to impeach Buhari.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Horlufemi(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
But we didn't see you fighting. You're only ranting online.
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Angelcoco: 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2019
Horlufemi:
But we didn't see you fighting. You're only ranting online.
Meet me at Garki. I currently protesting
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Horlufemi(m): 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
Angelcoco:

Love videos or I don't believe it.

Ig live
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Pusyiter(m): 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
I wonder
okorotalkative:
Haq haq haq. If CardibinLagos can trend more than sowore harassment in court. What else can we expect from we youths?
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Pusyiter(m): 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
Area what?
Angelcoco:

Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Banmeallday: 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
Yes, many “nigger Area” youth are cowards, but more worrisome is the average Nigger Area youth likes enjoyment....Short and sweet....they like nyash, from Lagos to Atlanta, they like Hennessy and Remi Martin, they like party, they like EPL, they like posing and chopping food.....SO why would they leave those to do the hard task of nation building like their mets in Asia and Europe and the Americas?

They only want to consume what others have built and think they are something......

It is a shame because at the end of the day they will not achieve anything and begin to suffer....
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Angelcoco: 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
Pusyiter:
Area what?
area 3
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by JonDon12: 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
Pusyiter:
I sat down to reflect and have been saddened on the recent development in our country.
From the arrest of Sowore to the abuse of human rights in Nigeria, you can hardly see an average youth complain or condemn the acts of this government rather, we are fanning the embers of tribe, religion and political party just for pecuniary dividend.
I saw Oshiomole and Gov. Wike hugging each other yesterday but you see youths killing themselves for them.
Rather than face the problem squarely, an average Nigerian youth prefers to be a dog in another man's manger by traveling aboard rather than remain and be a lion in the jungle called Nigeria.
We have been engrossed in yahoo yahoo, cultism and ritualism for transient pleasure.
Take it or leave it, those who fought for democracy are either old to function or are dead thereby permitting this regime to take us to the dumpsite but I have never seen any youth organization coming out to condemn the ignoble acts of this regime.
We are quick to talk about sex on empty head and stomach and take selfies on the numbing impudence and crass narcissism of this regime yet, we keep silent.
I know a foolish youth will jump to comment in the opposite but in the voice of Wole Soyinka, the man died in whom who keeps silent in the face of tyranny.
#LETSTOPTHISOPPRESSION..........

Dont blame the youth. It is the elders. Every revolution has always been powered by the above 30 crowd not the under 30 crowd. Look at the American Revolution or the First Barons war in England. Those were by Older men. Look at Sowore . How old is he ? 48 years old. Castro was in his 30s when he launched the Cuban Revolution. Blaming Nigerians lack of Democratic favor on the Youth is wrong. It makes very little sense. And us that are abroad are far from DOGS in anothers manger. Nigerians do very well here.

I blame Nigerias problem on people like you that lack critical thinking skills, no Idea or concept of History or Global Geopolitics and have a rather childish immature hope in Nigerias viablility. Get your head out of the sand. Nigeria is not viable and is just a Cash cow for forign entities to exploit and milk. Case in point. Nigeria spends $6 billion a year on importing petrol something that if not for dysfunction we should be exporting. Another thing. Nigeria spends over 30 % of its budget in debt servicing to other countries . But when Sen Abaribbe ( an Ibo man) queries this Lawan ( a Hausa Man ) warns him not to even dare question Buhari(another Hausa man) on it.

That is Nigerias problem.Infighting among the tribes. Best to split the country up.

1 Like

Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Angelcoco: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
Horlufemi:

Love videos or I don't believe it.

Ig live
Go to my ig
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Pusyiter(m): 9:32am On Dec 12, 2019
You assertions are beclouded by parochial and filial sentiments.
It makes no sense.....sorry
JonDon12:

Dont blame the youth. It is the elders. Every revolution has always been powered by the above 30 crowd not the under 30 crowd. Look at the American Revolution or the First Barons war in England. Those were by Older men. Look at Sowore . How old is he ? 48 years old. Castro was in his 30s when he launched the Cuban Revolution. Blaming Nigerians lack of Democratic favor on the Youth is wrong. It makes very little sense. And us that are abroad are far from DOGS in anothers manger. Nigerians do very well here.

I blame Nigerias problem on people like you that lack critical thinking skills, no Idea or concept of History or Global Geopolitics and have a rather childish immature hope in Nigerias viablility. Get your head out of the sand. Nigeria is not viable and is just a Cash cow for forign entities to exploit and milk. Case in point. Nigeria spends $6 billion a year on importing petrol something that if not for dysfunction we should be exporting. Another thing. Nigeria spends over 30 % of its budget in debt servicing to other countries . But when Sen Abaribbe ( an Ibo man) queries this Lawan ( a Hausa Man ) warns him not to even dare question Buhari(another Hausa man) on it.

That is Nigerias problem.Infighting among the tribes. Best to split the country up.
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 12, 2019
Sowore revolutionist that ran away on sighting security forces..

These are the real cowards and empty drums. They only know how to make noise online.

Moreover Sowore revolution is all about Yorubas emancipation and doesn't concern other Nigerians.

Sowore aka Otun Obonaniyi of Yorubaland.
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Noerection: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2019
Average Ibo Catholics and Pentecostal are cowards

Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 12, 2019
EcoBrick:

And then there are ones like this subtlely discouraging people from taking action. Calling out the youths to wake up from their slumber by the OP is an action in itself.

The real question is what are you doing besides making snide remarks at people that make calls to action? And still sucking up to mama's breast milk ofcourse grin

1 Like

Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by mbos: 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
yes they are all bloody cowards
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by helinues: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2019
embarassed
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by EcoBrick: 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2019
jayfolarin:

And then there are ones like this subtlely discouraging people from taking action. Calling out the youths to wake up from their slumber by the OP is an action in itself.

The real question is what are you doing besides making snide remarks at people that make calls to actions? And still sucking up to mama's breast milk ofcourse grin

You are abroad and talking like this? You wey get liver, when will you come to Nigeria and walk the talk?
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
EcoBrick:

You are abroad and talking like this? You wey get liver, when will you come to Nigeria and walk the talk?

I am doing my duty non-stop where I am to protest Nigeria's failed leadership anytime any of them steps here. No matter which state they visit. Most government officials are now scared shitless to announce foreign visits whenever they make them now.

Loads of bright minds like myself are ever ready to come join or even lead the fight but that fight is null when the main victims aren't ready 'yet' to break from their chains.

The real question is what are you, A direct bearer of oppression, poverty and near-slavery livelihood doing to push back against your oppressors?
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by EcoBrick: 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
jayfolarin:

I am doing my duty non-stop where I am to protest Nigeria's failed leadership anytime any of them steps here. No matter which state they visit. Most government officials are now scared shitless to announce foreign visits whenever they make them now.

Loads of bright minds like myself are ever ready to come join or even lead the fight but that fight is null when the main victims aren't ready 'yet' to break from their chains.

The real question is what are you, A direct bearer of oppression, poverty and near-slavery livelihood doing to push back against your oppressors?

Don't worry about me. I will join the fight right after you start it.
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Pusyiter(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
grin
jayfolarin:

The real question is what are you doing besides making snide remarks at people that make calls to action? And still sucking up to mama's breast milk ofcourse grin
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Pusyiter(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
This is the act of cowardice we are talking about
Waiting to be led like a sheep for the slaughter instead of rise up to the challenge
EcoBrick:

Don't worry about me. I will join the fight right after you start it.
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Pusyiter(m): 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2019
That is where our mental slavery begins,
we either personalize or ethnicize everything even when it has a national coloration
Osagyefo98:
Sowore revolutionist that ran away on sighting security forces..

These are the real cowards and empty drums. They only know how to make noise online.

Moreover Sowore revolution is all about Yorubas emancipation and doesn't concern other Nigerians.

Sowore aka Otun Obonaniyi of Yorubaland.
Re: An Average Nigerian Youth Is A Coward by Pusyiter(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2019
i no see you or anybody since morning
Angelcoco:

area 3

(1) (Reply)

Biafrans Live At Afaraukwu Waiting To Receive The Remains Of Our Leaders Parents / Abuja Lockdown: Abuja Road (Photos) / Was Abubakar Tafawa Balewa A Fulani Indeed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.