Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? (58466 Views)

Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children / As I'm Enduring This, Am I Really Making My Children Better? / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Iyawe247: 10:23am On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:
This is my story and I will appreciate if the mods can push it to front page so that others can read and learn from me, and I also need your honest comments and advice because you could be saving a drowning man.

I Am 29 years of age, a civil engineer by profession and a sanguine by temperament. Before my youth service @ age 24 I got my girl friend pregnant and I was scared of abortion so we decided to keep the baby with the full support of my mother and she agreed because I was an only son. After that, we proceeded to see her people with my mum and relatives to my girl friends village and we paid something on her head but didn't complete the whole traditional right, but this was not even the traditional wedding proper.

After that we saw ourselves as husbands and wife and we were living fine for sometime. After sometime, the relationship took a different turn as we were always fighting and didn't agree on even the slightest matter. I remember vividly one occasion we fought over a female colleague @ work who sent me a whatsapp message and why we fought was that she came to my work place and fought the young lady openly embarrassing me in the process in front of everyone.

There were times I would try to reconcile but she would blatantly refused, sometimes she will tell me she is fed up of this thing we call marriage and that she's looking for someone that I too should look for someone else.

Fast-forward I met a lady and one thing led to another and I started picking interest in her. It was never my intention to be with another woman but I don't have peace of mind and I feel I am loosing my mind.

Note: I haven't wedded in a church before or done a full traditional marriage. Here comes the question: would it be considered a divorce if I quit this union and marry this new lady?

I am full of unhappiness and pain and I don't want to live a life of endurance and pity. Pls nobody should pressure you into getting married, marriage is not a license to live a happy life. If you are single, I envy you.

Pls I want to confirm if this is a true life story or make-up?...I want to know what to comment.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by obaaderemi: 10:36am On Dec 19, 2019
theoilguy:

Thank you sir for this piece.. OP, listen to him.. give your marriage a second chance and yes, you are married traditionally which is what counts in Nigeria anyway. You are both very young so there would normally be tension and disagreement.. Even older couples quarrel and fight so nothing new here.. Give your marriage a second chance and work on it fully. Treat her better and she ll reciprocate. Nothing here guarantees that your new girlfriend would not be worse than your wife when you eventually settle with her..

Las las, you ll be alright.
What marriage? He is not married. He got someone pregnant and they started cohabiting.

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by efficiencie(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2019
Dude you are not ready for a marriage yet. You were not responsible enough to decide not to get the lady pregnant before really knowing her. If you had given the relationship time and not jumped into sexual intimacy you would have by now discovered the incompatibility between you two and would have easily left the relationship without breaking a sweat. In your current state you cannot manage a marriage because even the most saintly of ladies will argue with you. You need to get mentoring from people with successful marriages, study about marriage and parenting, set your goals and aspirations, identify your strengths and weaknesses and clearly spell out your assets and liabilities...it is after sorting out all these that you can search for a lady that has a good understanding of marriage and what it entails, someone whose goals and aspirations line up with yours, someone whose strengths and weaknesses match yours, someone whose assets can adequately cater for your liabilities and whose liabilities your assets can adequately manage...

You had better continue with your boyfriend-girlfriend runz if you are not really ready for marriage...
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by 1234IKECHhukwu: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2019
Burggerxbabe:
other men will , even ladies with 4 to 5 children remarry .
what kind of personality will marry her,a single man,or a divorce like her with up to 4 or 5 like her,u guys just be complicating issues without knowing.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Fairview1: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2019
LadySarah:

Lol
My brother ,it is my Chinko Hauwei phoneoo.It keeps capitalizing some words for me.Unless i did massive editing,you'd see it alot in my sentences.

Okay, thanks.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by justphillips(m): 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:
This is my story and I will appreciate if the mods can push it to front page so that others can read and learn from me, and I also need your honest comments and advice because you could be saving a drowning man.

I Am 29 years of age, a civil engineer by profession and a sanguine by temperament. Before my youth service @ age 24 I got my girl friend pregnant and I was scared of abortion so we decided to keep the baby with the full support of my mother and she agreed because I was an only son. After that, we proceeded to see her people with my mum and relatives to my girl friends village and [b]we paid something on her head [/b]but didn't complete the whole traditional right, but this was not even the traditional wedding proper.

After that we saw ourselves as husbands and wife and we were living fine for sometime. After sometime, the relationship took a different turn as we were always fighting and didn't agree on even the slightest matter. I remember vividly one occasion we fought over a female colleague @ work who sent me a whatsapp message and why we fought was that she came to my work place and fought the young lady openly embarrassing me in the process in front of everyone.

There were times I would try to reconcile but she would blatantly refused, sometimes she will tell me she is fed up of this thing we call marriage and that she's looking for someone that I too should look for someone else.

Fast-forward I met a lady and one thing led to another and I started picking interest in her. It was never my intention to be with another woman but I don't have peace of mind and I feel I am loosing my mind.

Note: I haven't wedded in a church before or done a full traditional marriage. Here comes the question: would it be considered a divorce if I quit this union and marry this new lady?

I am full of unhappiness and pain and I don't want to live a life of endurance and pity. Pls nobody should pressure you into getting married, marriage is not a license to live a happy life. If you are single, I envy you.

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Charly68: 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
I think there is a fundamental issue here; haven't done all you need to do on her head as per the traditional marriage could open up the marriage to spiritual attack .Check her family marital line and yours to find out if there is any history of separation or divorce ..from this you will know if your marital battle is spiritual or otherwise . If it is spiritual ,getting another woman won't solve but complicate the matter .Please take your time so as not to jump from fry pan to fire .
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by cookiejar99(f): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2019
Oversabi will not injure you...he doesnt jge to b married in church or court for that wedding to b legal..he is a married msn as far as i am concerned...he needs time out not settling for a new woman
24kmagic:

Sometimes I read comments on nairaland and I wonder if the comments are coming from the so called intelligent/sapiosexual folks

He only asked a simple question that requires a yes/no kinda answer with little explanation.

According to him, there was no formal court/church wedding, meaning the marriage doesn't have paper.

His question is would it be considered a divorce if he separates from this lady and settles for another?

If yes, why?
If no, why not?

Some people are even blaming him for not involving Jesus from the beginning of the relationship, what nonsense! We have a divorcee as one of the renowned men of God in this country who people look up to.

Asin, we lack understanding of some basic things in this country I swear

OP, it is not a divorce because the marriage isn't backed by the law since it has no certificate.
Separate from that Jezebel before she sends you to your early grave.

God knows I can't endure such problems for even a week. I like my peace and happiness, and nothing (not even a wife ) can take that away from me.

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by cookiejar99(f): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
Cos you need sumbodi to support your rubbish idea...if not you would understand marriage is about putting your spouses happiness before yours
shugaboy6102:
you are wonderful. Thanks for that response
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by cookiejar99(f): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
Exactly
LadySarah:

See your life.It is what you want
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Bigblessed: 1:06pm On Dec 19, 2019
If this marriage does not work, another one might not work.

Be patient and seek the face of God together.

The accuser of the brethren uses marriage to disintegrate the whole family of God especially when he sees two great people who love themselves so that they will not unite and achieve the plan of God for them.

The canal minded will not understand this because only the fool says that there is no God.

You don't need to go to anywhere rather if you are still willing to have a peaceful marriage and live a happy life, I will introduce you to watch and pray with Temple TV on Strong Decoder.

God frowns at not only divorce, but breakage of martial vows and promises especially after seeing the unclothedness of you both and bringing forth children.

Please note that non-payment of a woman's bride price while living with her attracts curses, problems and calamity. The evil one will fight you to the last.

I pray God to come into your life and restore you.

Because your marriage didn't work does not make God the institutor of marriage a liar. He that finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favour ...

You found a wife, were you patient enough to do and complete what those who find wives do before consuming it?
When we fail in our own part of the agreement, we begin to apportion blame. God can not liar or change because of us. The principles are laid down already, when we observe them, we eat the dividends.

I know of a male school mate whose father married for when we were in primary six because his own dad married for him at same age (he believes that the boy is his late father that came back to him). My point here is that the boy and the girl still live peacefully till today with children.
Note that the father did not give him the girl to impregnate, he MARRIED her fully for him.
Non marriage before cohabitation is one faulty foundation that chestises couple all round.

Two of you should go on your knees to your father in heaven, He loves you and will still forgive, wipe away your tears, restore and take you back.

Peace bro, peace!
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by trutht828: 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2019
Gracealone:
If you must separate, you need to carry the woman along. Both of you should agree on time that it cannot work.

Looks like both of them have agreed.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Matanegba1: 1:25pm On Dec 19, 2019
Age may be a factor.
You are unhappy she too must be.
I have questions...
Have you tried sitting calmly to discuss about these problems.
Are you kind and loving towards her.
Are friendly carrying her along in your daily life activities?

Hope she works too.
Contributing in the family finances?
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by golddare: 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2019
Just giving a dog a bad name cos you want to hang it.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Happyjollie: 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
What makes you think the girl ur seeing now will not do same? I will advice you talk to ur wife and make things work. Both of u lack communication and understanding.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by shugaboy6102(m): 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
dalass:

Please stay and fix whatever is wrong. You both consented to that union and 5 years you're fed up. You both married young and quite immature too. So its the building stage, its gonna be rough and tough but the tough must get going. She's your wife! Yes and the mother of your kids. Leave the new lady, you wan chop and clean mouth again. Its an adulterous relationship. That's what it is
hmmm thanks a lot for ur advice

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by shugaboy6102(m): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
Iyawe247:

Pls I want to confirm if this is a true life story or make-up?...I want to know what to comment.
it is my story and it is real. This is not some nollywood film
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by shugaboy6102(m): 2:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
clemzo101:
Go and complete the marriage rites and you will see how peaceful your home and wife will be. I am speaking from experience. My elder sister got pregnant for her husband out of wedlock while dating, to worsen it the guy impregnated her again after the first child and they started living togeda. It was always problem, quarrel today, fight tomorrow, breaking of things and ll that, she vet irritated at the slightest opportunity, I settle fight I tire. One day after settling a very big fight, I called the guy aside and told him that the cause of ll these is because he hasn't married her legally. Right on that spot the picked a date and came to do the right thing, he even did it in a very big way. It's over 6years now I have never gone to settle anutbing. They are living peacefully.

Go and complete the rites and have peace
thanks I appreciate ur advice
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by shugaboy6102(m): 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
Josh44s:

Marriage or having a partner nor be beans bro. If you truly love your girl and you are sure she genuinely loves you, change your ways. Don’t jump from one woman to another just because the one you are with is giving you the woman mood. The one you are picking interesting on newly might be a serial killer if you try the nonsense you are doing with your girl. I have been in your shoes when my wife and I newly got married. We quarreled over every little thing and I tried seeking peace else here like you are doing right now. Sit down as a man and think. I won’t advice you to jump into conclusions and move to the next woman. The devil you know is far better than the angel you don’t know bro. If you are 100% certain the mother of your child loves you, amend your ways and stop doing things that will make her feel jealous. My wife get PHD for jealousy I later realized so I stopped doing things that makes her feel jealous because she acts crazy and heartless just to get back at me whenever she feels jealous. We live in peace ever since I understood my wife. I hope you read my advice and think twice. One love
yes thank you. Am really thinking twice
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by shugaboy6102(m): 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
livebyday:

Dear sis if you read his wording construction, this op is a very manipulative person, I am good at spotting them.

He chooses his words to reflect victimhood .. do not trust a word he has typed here.

I can bet my soul.if his wife comes here you will hear stories of endured cheating emotional and psychological abuse

He is a narcissist
why do you choose to throw insult @ me. All I ask is your advice and not your insult please I beg of you.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by lovchalice(f): 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2019
Dextre:

What are you saying? 'Woman that has been with him for years' and so. PS; He has been with her for years too. Victim card nor go allow una reason well,the woman wants out too,can't you read
he should sit her down and talk to her. From what I read she doesn't want out. She wants stability. We all do
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by lovchalice(f): 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
DenreleDave:

U ladies just keep saying trash.. See I know we have not heard her own side of the story.

Did u read this part??

There were times I would try to reconcile but she would blatantly refused, sometimes she will tell me she is fed up of this thing we call marriage and that she's looking for someone that I too should look for someone else.she doesn't want out. She wants to be sure of her stand. He should marry her properly

What if she already has another man sef, what if she is also tired and want out
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Dextre(m): 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2019
lovchalice:
he should sit her down and talk to her. From what I read she doesn't want out. She wants stability. We all do

How did u decipher instability from the text. But then,you might be right. However,this guy is clearly done with this marriage, he is unhappy and frustrated. This is not a what she want thing anymore from what he has written here. So why exactly should he stay in the marriage? because of the kid?
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Ikpeohiri(m): 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2019
I want you to know that marriage is understanding one another. At what age did you put her in a family way and did that interupt her education? If it does, have you sent her back to school? Is she a graduate too? You must try to appreciate her, pray together and chart as best friends rather than ordering one another. Also, try and get her engage with a job if she had required qualification or a business . Cheers!
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Ikpeohiri(m): 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
Please no one should deceive you. She's your wife for the fact that you had done some traditional commitment on her. Note that Angel don't live in hell but in heaven. Therefore, make her a heaven in your home no matter her behavior. With your good life style as the husband, she will reciprocate.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by citadels(f): 4:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
Eyah. U will advice that people shouldn't marry cos of pity. Marriage should be based on love of God, not sex u see if u had keep ur prick one place u won't have entered hell. Sex does not equate love in boyfriend and girlfriend matter. It will lead u to destruction as it has done to likes of op.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by livebyday(m): 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:
why do you choose to throw insult @ me. All I ask is your advice and not your insult please I beg of you.

No where did I insult you, I merely pointed out that you are not to be trusted

Cheers
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Kfed4ril(m): 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:
Really am not talking even based on the new lady I met, what am asking is are we legally married? and if so do we keep enduring each other and for how long. Should I stay with her out of convenience because of what people in my church will say, my neighbours, friends, colleagues etc. Do we keep tolerating when we both know it was out of passion and youthful exuberance that landed us both in this. Oh God help me because my life is in a mess I hope someone understands me

Traditionally you are half married
Legally you are not married
Religiously you are not married
So where de divorce wan from follow come when una no first marry?
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
Mindfulness:

@bold
You have already answered your own question, haven't you?

249 likes for this comment?

What is there to like about it?

Nonsense. cheesy
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by david290(m): 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2019
Key highlights as obtained from comments tread 1 to 12:
1. Men who don't marry ALL end up lonely at old age.
2. Broken marriage is the reason children from broken homes end up the way they do.
3. People who moved from their toxic and chaotic relationships ALL ended up with even more terrible partners.

Op, I don't have any advice for you, seeing I'm not married. I just hope those negative stereotypes and evil manipulations up there don't leave you worse off.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Allsingles: 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:

I Am 29 years of age, a civil engineer by profession and a sanguine by temperament. Before my youth service @ age 24 I got my girl friend pregnant and I was scared of abortion so we decided to keep the baby with the full support of my mother and she agreed because I was an only son. After that, we proceeded to see her people with my mum and relatives to my girl friends village and we paid something on her head but didn't complete the whole traditional right, but this was not even the traditional wedding proper.

I have always said that Marriage is a world of it's own and a life of it's own.
Is entirely different from Relationship and courtship.
She is wrong for telling you to looking for someone else.
Again, there's no trust between you guys and that's bad.
I will not encourage you to divorce her and I will not encourage you to stay in a Marriage with someone you are wishing you didn't get married to because am happy in my own Union.
Visit https://allsinglesandmarried..com

To prepare yourself for a happy marriage or Relationship
Or
Download MINDSET FOR HAPPY MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIP https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mindset.forhappymarriagerelationship

Before going into a new Union.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) / Help!!! Missing Children / "My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.