Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students (1234 Views)

Two Edo University Students Shot Dead In Cult Reprisal Attack / What Is The Difference Between A School, A College And A University? / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by sotherefore: 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2019
Please what is the need to buy a laptop as a university students...what can I do with laptop that can't be done on smart phone.....please share contributions..
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by tck2000(m): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2019
following
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by meobizy(f): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
You can learn to touch type thereby writing your essays with ease. Research is a breeze when you can open multiple tabs for perusal of knowledge. One can watch movies on a larger screen. Playing visually appealing PC games is a plus. Engineering students also gain from using AutoCAD.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 14, 2019
meobizy:
You can learn to touch type thereby writing your essays with ease. Research is a breeze when you can open multiple tabs for perusal of knowledge. One can watch movies on a larger screen. Playing visually appealing PC games is a plus. Engineering students also gain from using AutoCAD.
In addition, writing your project is easier and more prefarable with laptop when compared with phone, you can also generate PPT's with it, some lecture note might be in form of PDF, you might need a laptop in other not to be squeezing your eyes while reading with your phone, if you are an extra serious student, who reads wide, it's more prefarable to download and read textbooks on your system.
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by dauddy97(m): 7:42am On Dec 14, 2019
Having a laptop as an undergraduate can be the best thing so far. Forget about the Yahoo Yahoo of a thing. There are lots of advantages than what many use it for this days. Larger space to store your files, tutorials and for presentation.

After a year when I got my laptop, I was using it to watch movies, browse and lot more, as soon as I gained admission into the university, things changed. I have been using it to develop myself. watching tones of programming tutorials, designing and developing website. After some time, I just had to drop web site development and fully base on Data Science. Yeah, my laptop is still there for me.

Just figure out what u want to use it for and don't let it waste your time. You will see many undergraduate using all their precious time to watch movie 24/7. This is not what it's meant for.

The laptop is there to help u automate your boring tasks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by OgaBuhari: 8:06am On Dec 14, 2019
meobizy:
GBAM
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by Bigcowhorn: 8:08am On Dec 14, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
GBAM
[/s]

Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by meobizy(f): 10:23am On Dec 14, 2019
dauddy97:
Having a laptop as an undergraduate can be the best thing so far. Forget about the Yahoo Yahoo of a thing. There are lots of advantages than what many use it for this days. Larger space to store your files, tutorials and for presentation.

After a year when I got my laptop, I was using it to watch movies, browse and lot more, as soon as I gained admission into the university, things changed. I have been using it to develop myself. watching tones of programming tutorials, designing and developing website. After some time, I just had to drop web site development and fully base on Data Science. Yeah, my laptop is still there for me.

Just figure out what u want to use it for and don't let it waste your time. You will see many undergraduate using all their precious time to watch movie 24/7. This is not what it's meant for.

This is an outdated mindset no different from Nigerian parents’ read-books-to-become-mentally-smart-while-shunning-all-forms-of-play. The smartest guy I’ve related with did nothing with his laptop but code a lot and watch a heapful of movies. I remember seeing him watch more movies with it than do anything else. I asked him what he spent university life doing since he had little form of social skills to which he confessed that he used all his time watching films — he was lucky enough to have a good memory which served him well for school work.

What I’m trying to say is everyone has their form of entertainment to which none is more superior to others. Some people read for fun, there is no way people who read seriously can compete with those when it comes to retaining knowledge. Some people watch soccer and claim it is better than watching romantic comedies. I see both as a huge waste of time with zero life lessons especially the aforementioned. That we do not understand how someone else chooses to entertain themselves does not mean we should look down on it. Only they know what they gain from the activity.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by tck2000(m): 1:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
dauddy97:

Which Laptop did you use then and how much did it cost?
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by Ukalu381(m): 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
Bigcowhorn:
[s][/s]
Buhari go school?
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by dauddy97(m): 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2019
tck2000:
Which Laptop did you use then and how much did it cost?
At 2016, I was gotten an HP, Intel. I upgraded it to 4gb ram. Till date, I am still using it. neat and very strong
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by tck2000(m): 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2019
dauddy97:
At 2016, I was gotten an HP, Intel. I upgraded it to 4gb ram. Till date, I am still using it. neat and very strong
How much did you buy it?
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by sotherefore: 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2019
Thanks.
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by dauddy97(m): 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2019
tck2000:
How much did you buy it?
120k, although it was bought from cooperate. my mum paid 10k every month for 1yr
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by tck2000(m): 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
dauddy97:
2gb Ram
Sorry but you didn't answer my question.
Re: What Is The Need To Have A Laptop As A University Students by aqeel21: 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2019
It depends on your requirements. I think it is better to decide for yourself instead of asking others.
If you have assignments to do on laptop then I think you need a laptop.
Hre you can find complete detail, uses, etc about any laptop. https://shopwomp.com/which-laptop-is-best-for-engineering-students/

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Update / How To Get A Copy Of An Old Waec Result? / Is It Possible To Do HND Without ND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.