Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigerian Senate Refuses To Disclose Outcome Of Senator Elisha Abbo Investigation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senate Refuses To Disclose Outcome Of Senator Elisha Abbo Investigation (439 Views)

Senator Elisha Abbo Breaks Silence On Alleged Assault Inside Abuja gadget Shop / Senator Elisha Abbo Responds To Video Of Him Assaulting A Nursing Mother / Video Of Senator Elisha Abbo Assaulting A Woman Inside store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Senate Refuses To Disclose Outcome Of Senator Elisha Abbo Investigation by Sophiejonas: 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2019
Nigerian Senate on Thursday December 12 said it can not reveal the outcome of its investigation against Adamawa lawmaker, Elisha Abbo, to the public. Recall that Senator Abbo was caught on camera assaulting a woman in a intimacy gadget shop in Abuja.

According to section 88 of the Constitution, it empowers the National Assembly to investigate allegations of misconduct against members but gives no restriction on public knowledge. Although such investigations cannot be aimed to punish, the section states that it shall only be either to “make laws with respect to any matter within its legislative competence and correct any defects in existing laws” or “expose corruption, inefficiency or waste in the execution or administration of laws within its legislative competence”.

The Senate spokesperson, Godiya Akwashiki, said this while speaking with journalists after plenary on Thursday, December 12th:

I know vividly when that issue was brought to the plenary under matters of urgent importance, a senator raised an observation saying this issue is in a court of law. It’s not an issue we should disturb ourselves over.

Please, I want to speak like a lawmaker. Once an issue is in a court of law, there is a limit for us to discuss it in the plenary.
Source:
https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2019/12/13/nigerian-senate-refuses-to-disclose-outcome-of-senator-elisha-abbos-investigation/

Re: Nigerian Senate Refuses To Disclose Outcome Of Senator Elisha Abbo Investigation by NaijaDonCast(m): 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2019
It will be swept under the carpet as usual
Re: Nigerian Senate Refuses To Disclose Outcome Of Senator Elisha Abbo Investigation by Eagleboney(m): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2019
Hmmm wonderful
Re: Nigerian Senate Refuses To Disclose Outcome Of Senator Elisha Abbo Investigation by codedguy1(m): 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2019
Na so na.
Re: Nigerian Senate Refuses To Disclose Outcome Of Senator Elisha Abbo Investigation by Forward77(m): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2019
But he rushed to sponsor hate speak bill

Inside Life
Re: Nigerian Senate Refuses To Disclose Outcome Of Senator Elisha Abbo Investigation by Oshin56(m): 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2019
EvilPOTATO:
Since yesterday, Thursday, I have been down with severe backache, runny nose and malaria. Although I am trying to treat it with lemon juice but it isn't helping.
I have nothing on me to even afford ordinary amala tablets. Please I need help
evilpotato why are you jumping from one thread to another begging for money to treat yourself common #70 to buy alabukun Na that one you know get
Re: Nigerian Senate Refuses To Disclose Outcome Of Senator Elisha Abbo Investigation by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2019
Normal way nah

This matter would die off very soon... Just like other more serious matters did

Nigeria is indeed a scam

(1) (Reply)

Between MC OLUOMO And Tinubu's Son / WW3: Which Place Would Be The Safest Hideout ? / Nigeria's External Reserves Rise First Time In Three Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.