Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? (8305 Views)

A True Jesus' Disciple Is Better Than A Righteous Christian / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by sacx: 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2019
tobechi20:
Is a righteous person one who is compassionate, kind, generous?

Or is he one who just gets along with others for the sake of peace?

Or is he one who just speaks up against evil in his environment

Or he who does not steal, commit adultery etc.while not committing any good (ASSUME GOOD AND BAD IS KNOWN AND OBJECTIVE) Sct

That is, is righteousness based on the good act we do or bad act we don't or constant thought and speech on good and bad act.

Two scenarios:

MR X worked in a government establishment where fund was constantly embezzled. He spoke against it constantly and never partook in them. The crooks set him up and almost got sacked in the process. Finally, he was posted to another government organization

In this new organization, he didn't speak up against corruption. he would watch an keep mute. At times,he is giving a part of corrupt proceed. He decided to use the money to feed less privileged, pay stranger school free etc.

IN WHICH OF THE ABOVE CASES CAN WE CALL HIM A RIGHTEOUS MAN.

The picture you are trying to paint is not that of a righteous man, but a moral man. The man who is righteous is the one who is Christ. All believers are Christ; all believers are righteous. Righteousness is a gift of grace that is imputed on account of the finished work of Jesus Christ.
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by sacx: 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2019
ceeceeco:
The only righteous person is the person who's keeping the ten (10) commandments, if you can find one, then you've found a righteous person.

Is that what your Pastor told you? He lied. The new man in Christ is a law unto himself and is not subject to the dictates of the old covenant.
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by MadCow1: 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

U mean righteous people don't exist

They dont.. Even your bible said so
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
MadCow1:

They dont.. Even your bible said so
So many things are written in the bible
But what contest was it said in?

Even Elijah was told by God, that He has 7000 people
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, He said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, He gave up the ghost.
Luke 23:46

And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
John 20:12

I get, 1 angel and the other Jesus

And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
John 20:14

Who say this word?

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
John 19:30

And In Mathew, mark Jesus said Eli Eli why re you forsaken me, then he die,

How many angel Mary Magdalene saw here in Mathew and who told Mary Magdalene that body of Jesus was stole in John?

In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
Matthew 28:1
And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
Matthew 28:2
His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow
Matthew 28:3

Here in Mathew they saw "A" angel and His his countenance was like lightning, that mean they saw 1 angel.

In mark 16:1-5 they saw a young boy not sure if he was angel or not and he sitting in the tomb not on the stone door as Mathew claim, they saw "A" boy single boy.

And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
Luke 24:2
And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
Luke 24:3
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments
Luke 24:4

Here in the Luke something changes, they saw two men and not like Mary Magdalene met those two men there as Mathew and Mark claim but those two men met Mary Magdalene in the tomb can you see different?

Now let look at jonh
The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
John 20:1
Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
John 20:2

Here in John record Mary Magdalene did not see anything like angel before she wrong back to disciples

Now tell me how many angel Mary Magdalene saw 1,2 or nothing ?

Now let me ask you a question Who told Mary that body of Jesus was stole?

Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.

Am waiting for your answer pls?
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by orisa37: 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2019
Someone who shines and shows goodness in all his or her Actions, Interactions and Movements is a Righteous person.
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:
So in your own eyes, are you righteous? You're a human right?

So if you keep it all.. Meaning you have never lied? Right cheesy

At least you should be humble enough to answer this questions grin

Allah said human being re created so weak,

What I means is no matter how you do is u can't be a perfect because only God that is perfect and human being must made mistakes because we re weak creation, but whenever you make mistakes go back to God and seek for forgiveness
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

Who say this word?

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
John 19:30

And In Mathew, mark Jesus said Eli Eli why re you forsaken me, then he die,

?

Matthew 27:50 Jesus cried AGAIN with a loud voice and gave up the ghost, same thing with Mark 15:37

Luke account was thoroughly researched

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, He said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, He gave up the ghost.

John was close to the cross and heard him say "it is finished" before

1. he bowed his head

2. Gave up the ghost.

Simple enough right cheesy

If you just argue this it means you were never after clarity but just to cause confusion grin
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Insectkiller: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2019
tobechi20:

Or he who does not steal, commit adultery etc.while not committing any good (ASSUME GOOD AND BAD IS KNOWN AND OBJECTIVE) Sct

That is, is righteousness based on the good act we do or bad act we don't or constant thought and speech on good and bad act.

Two scenarios:

MR X worked in a government establishment where fund was constantly embezzled. He spoke against it constantly and never partook in them. The crooks set him up and almost got sacked in the process. Finally, he was posted to another government organization

In this new organization, he didn't speak up against corruption. he would watch an keep mute. At times,he is giving a part of corrupt proceed. He decided to use the money to feed less privileged, pay stranger school free etc.

The scenario u painted is a perfect one..(If u speak trouble, if u don't speak out..sin.)

The society makes people find it difficult to be righteous but u can be truthful..

Only God is righteous..
May God help us...but make sure u accept Jesus as ur Lord,ok.

How God will judge d world is none of ur business...Just accept Jesus first and make heaven

cool
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Matthew 27:50 Jesus cried AGAIN with a loud voice and gave up the ghost, same thing with Mark 15:37

Luke account was thoroughly researched

John was close to the cross and heard him say "it is finished" before

1. he bowed his head

2. Gave up the ghost.

Simple enough right cheesy

If you just argue this it means you were never after clarity but just to cause confusion grin

U think u meet someone that doesn't know his point right? Does john even witness crucifixion of Jesus? No because all disciples ran away none of them witness crucifixion it was only Peter follow Jesus till judgement stage but not clear if he also witnessed crucifixion of Jesus, but tell me John witness crucifixion guy you re a liar,

Now tell me what was the last word of Jesus on the cross ? Is it Eli why re you forsaken me, or Father in your hand I put my spirit, or it's over?
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by buchilino(m): 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2019
tobechi20:

Two scenarios:

IF UR CONSCIENCE IS STILL WORKING, U WILL NO A RIGHTEOUS MAN WEN U C ONE. EXPECT UR CONSCIENCE ISN'T WORKING ANYMORE.
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

How many angel Mary Magdalene saw here in Mathew and who told Mary Magdalene that body of Jesus was stole in John?

In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
Matthew 28:1
And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
Matthew 28:2
His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow
Matthew 28:3

Here in Mathew they saw "A" angel and His his countenance was like lightning, that mean they saw 1 angel.

In mark 16:1-5 they saw a [s]young boy[/s?] not sure if he was angel or not and he sitting in the tomb not on the stone door as Mathew claim, they saw "A" boy single boy.

And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
Luke 24:2
And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
Luke 24:3
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments
Luke 24:4

Here in the Luke something changes, they saw two men and not like Mary Magdalene met those two men there as Mathew and Mark claim but those two men met Mary Magdalene in the tomb can you see different?

Now let look at jonh
The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
John 20:1

Here in John record Mary Magdalene did not see anything like angel before she wrong back to disciples

Now tell me how many angel Mary Magdalene saw 1,2 or nothing ?

How a book is written is as important as why it is written and to whom it is written to.

Matthew 28:5 And the angel answered

What question was asked?

So this account left a lot of things out

In Mark it's a young man not a boy (seeing an angel will help you understand this)

But it did said the women were frightened

Try and recall a moment u were frightened (now understand the state and account of this women)

Now but Mark 16:9 notes something very important Mary had seen Jesus,

Remember it's not only one person that went, ever heard a sudden gun shot, not everyone that flees recalls everything, because no one takes time to look around to see how many people were holding a gun.

So what one missed, another saw

because two people account is different doesn't make it a lie, much less three peoples answer sheet wrong because they derived the answers differently

So is your question why is how Matthew, Mark, Luke, John came about the two men Mary met different or that they are lying?

Stood by doesn't mean they came to them

John's account focusing on Mary, she went, she ran, she returned, she wept, she saw

So the finally answer is still 1 angel and the Lord, (Mary thought at first that he was an angel... Can't blame her, if you saw the Lord you would think the same as well)
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Originalsly: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2019
No one is righteous period.
The two scenarios have nothing to do with righteousness.... they are about being corrupt. In both cases Mr X is corrupt. As long as you knowingly accept stolen money.... you are as guilty as the thief... even if you take it to buy holy water for everybody.
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

Now let me ask you a question Who told Mary that body of Jesus was stole?

Am waiting for your answer pls?

Who said that she said JESUS WAS STOLEN

Mary said, THEY.. who are the they she was referring to

WE KNOW NOT WHERE THEY HAVE LAID HIM

That is to remove a body and place it somewhere else.

Please how does this sound like they have stolen his body.

So your question of who, is invalid.

Mary saw an empty and thought his body has been removed (you should know bodies crucified weren't usually given a decent burial)
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

Allah said human being re created so weak,

What I means is no matter how you do is u can't be a perfect because only God that is perfect and human being must made mistakes because we re weak creation, but whenever you make mistakes go back to God and seek for forgiveness

So what if you die, and forget to ask for forgiveness for one mistake

What will Allah do? (seeing as most men know not when they die, as to prepare for death)
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

So what if you die, and forget to ask for forgiveness for one mistake

What will Allah do? (seeing as most men know not when they die, as to prepare for death)

To ask for forgiveness have not time or day, because every second we committed sin even though our thinking. As a Muslim after prayer you have seek for forgiveness, as for forgiveness any seconds even if you know you don't commited sin, make forgiveness of sin as your habit. And always say it in your heart
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

U think u meet someone that doesn't know his point right? Does john even witness crucifixion of Jesus? No because all disciples ran away none of them witness crucifixion it was only Peter follow Jesus till judgement stage but not clear if he also witnessed crucifixion of Jesus, but tell me John witness crucifixion guy you re a liar,

Now tell me what was the last word of Jesus on the cross ? Is it Eli why re you forsaken me, or Father in your hand I put my spirit, or it's over?

1 question - No, I don't think so

Question 2 - Yes

Calling me a liar doesn't me one, just like calling me buhari doesn't mean I am even in Abuja

Besides it also doesn't make anything you say true as well

Last question- I have told you, it's left for you to accept it or not
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

To ask for forgiveness have not time or day, because every second we committed sin even though our thinking. As a Muslim after prayer you have seek for forgiveness, as for forgiveness any seconds even if you know you don't commited sin, make forgiveness of sin as your habit. And always say it in your heart

Wow that must be quite a burden shocked

so is this what you do eveytime
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Who said that she said JESUS WAS STOLEN

Mary said, THEY.. who are the they she was referring to

WE KNOW NOT WHERE THEY HAVE LAID HIM

That is to remove a body and place it somewhere else.

Please how does this sound like they have stolen his body.

So your question of who, is invalid.

Mary saw an empty and thought his body has been removed (you should know bodies crucified weren't usually given a decent burial)

U don't have shame o?

In Mathew, mark, Luke, the angel told mary that Jesus have raise from dead, but in John Mary said they have taken body of Jesus away, ( stolen)

Why told Mary to tell deciple that body of Jesus was taken away?
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

1 question - No, I don't think so

Question 2 - Yes

Calling me a liar doesn't me one, just like calling me buhari doesn't mean I am even in Abuja

Besides it also doesn't make anything you say true as well

Last question- I have told you, it's left for you to accept it or not

How I will accept your lie? And your Bible the scam book?

grin. Can you see that you can't defend your Bible and christainty? Because all full of lies,

May almighty Allah open your eyes, don't go to hell before you know the truth. Christianity is a pagan and scam
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

U don't have shame o?

In Mathew, mark, Luke, the angel told mary that Jesus have raise from dead, but in John Mary said they have taken body of Jesus away, ( stolen)

Why told Mary to tell deciple that body of Jesus was taken away?

I am ashamed of you, didn't you read the answer of the question you are asking again.

How many times have you read John 20

I have a gift for you

Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that He had spoken these things unto her.
John 20:18

Jesus rose up from the dead #peace cheesy
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

How I will accept your lie? And your Bible the scam book?

grin. Can you see that you can't defend your Bible and christainty? Because all full of lies,

May almighty Allah open your eyes, don't go to hell before you know the truth. Christianity is a pagan and scam

You keep writing your bible undecided

Anyway I wasn't defending the Bible or Christianity

Ah well I know the truth

Allah, hmmm, can the blind open the eyes of others

So christianity is a pagan and a scam, really... Ok

Going to hell, only if you knew what that really meant.

Have you ever heard the saying not everyone you meet on earth is human cheesy
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

How a book is written is as important as why it is written and to whom it is written to.

Matthew 28:5 And the angel answered

What question was asked?

So this account left a lot of things out

In Mark it's a young man not a boy (seeing an angel will help you understand this)

But it did said the women were frightened

Try and recall a moment u were frightened (now understand the state and account of this women)

Now but Mark 16:9 notes something very important Mary had seen Jesus,

Remember it's not only one person that went, ever heard a sudden gun shot, not everyone that flees recalls everything, because no one takes time to look around to see how many people were holding a gun.

So what one missed, another saw

because two people account is different doesn't make it a lie, much less three peoples answer sheet wrong because they derived the answers differently

So is your question why is how Matthew, Mark, Luke, John came about the two men Mary met different or that they are lying?

Stood by doesn't mean they came to them

John's account focusing on Mary, she went, she ran, she returned, she wept, she saw

So the finally answer is still 1 angel and the Lord, (Mary thought at first that he was an angel... Can't blame her, if you saw the Lord you would think the same as well)

grin You must be a pastor or your father is a pastor that is why you know how to lie.

But am not a sheep am a human being. How many people give report to disciples about what they see at the grave of Jesus? If record of Mathew, mark, Luke, john different from each other forget they re liar, Mathew said may told him that they saw 1 angel sitting on the stone door not inside the tomb, mark said Mary Magdalene told him that they did not see any angel on the stone door but inside the tomb where they buried Jesus, Luke said Mary told him that they did not see any angel on the stone door non in the tomb when they first go there but suddenly two men appare to them, can you see different report? How can one reporter one event have 4 different views?

In John Mary Magdalene did not see anything angel before she run to disciples.

Now let me ask you how many time Mary Magdalene visit the tomb of Jesus that make her have different report?
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

You keep writing your bible undecided

Anyway I wasn't defending the Bible or Christianity

Ah well I know the truth

Allah, hmmm, can the blind open the eyes of others

So christianity is a pagan and a scam, really... Ok

Going to hell, only if you knew what that really meant.

Have you ever heard the saying not everyone you meet on earth is human cheesy

There is demon, human beings, and animals on earth, and some gams which one re you? Don't tell me that you re Angel of God that is where all will add more punishment for you, because liar will not end well,

That is why Bible and christainty end is near
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by webngnews: 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2019
Only God and the man himself
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

I am ashamed of you, didn't you read the answer of the question you are asking again.

How many times have you read John 20

I have a gift for you

Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that He had spoken these things unto her.
John 20:18

Jesus rose up from the dead #peace cheesy

See you grin. How many time Mary Magdalene visit the tomb of Jesus before she knows that Jesus was raise from the dead?
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

grin You must be a pastor or your father is a pastor that is why you know how to lie.

But am not a sheep am a human being. How many people give report to disciples about what they see at the grave of Jesus? If record of Mathew, mark, Luke, john different from each other forget they re liar, Mathew said may told him that they saw 1 angel sitting on the stone door not inside the tomb, mark said Mary Magdalene told him that they did not see any angel on the stone door but inside the tomb where they buried Jesus, Luke said Mary told him that they did not see any angel on the stone door non in the tomb when they first go there but suddenly two men appare to them, can you see different report? How can one reporter one event have 4 different views?

In John Mary Magdalene did not see anything angel before she run to disciples.

Now let me ask you how many time Mary Magdalene visit the tomb of Jesus that make her have different report?

Matthew said what , Luke said shocked even you are already changing your report.. Therefore that makes you what

A lair, right

Ah, cry only if you were better than the people your condemning
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

See you grin. How many time Mary Magdalene visit the tomb of Jesus before she knows that Jesus was raise from the dead?

How many times do you read a book before you notice the answer to a strange or new question smiley
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by BlueAngel444: 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

There is demon, human beings, and animals on earth, and some gams which one re you? Don't tell me that you re Angel of God that is where all will add more punishment for you, because liar will not end well,

That is why Bible and christainty end is near

Me telling you what I Am and you choosing what to believe are two different things
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Wow that must be quite a burden shocked

so is this what you do eveytime

Yes Muslim pray 5 times in a day and after prayer Muslim must ask for forgiveness, because we re here on earth only to serve God, here is not our home but like a school you must know the reason why you re in school and work toward it, Allah said he knows face of those who seeking for his face day and night. Work of human beings is to seek for face of God don't be too lazy to serve Your God
Re: How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Matthew said what , Luke said shocked even you are already changing your report.. Therefore that makes you what

A lair, right

Ah, cry only if you were better than the people your condemning

grin. Guy am sure u can't tell me, who is Mathew, mark, Luke ,John to Jesus because all this people don't know Jesus and they don't walk together with Jesus then, they re unknown till today.

NT is a scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Stand Of Women In The Bible / How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? / CAN Warns Pastors Against Man-made Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.