Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,827 members, 7,844,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship (1349 Views)

Leicester City Banking On Iheanacho For Next Season / Gary Lineker Praises Iheanacho For Improved Form / [VIDEO] Fans Slam Iheanacho For Missing Sitter, Rue Musa's Disallowed Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship by ackim: 8:08am On Dec 15, 2019
Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship
Norwich manager Daniel Farke was furious over Kelechi decision to attack rather than sportsmanly return possession to the visitors in Saturday’s Premier League clash at the King Power Stadium.

In the first half of the 1-1 draw between Liecester City and Norwich, the Canaries knocked the ball out of play so Emiliano Buendia could receive treatment.

They expected to receive it back, but Iheanacho chose to play on, and, after he was tripped, the angered Norwich players stormed to confront him, Todd Cantwell punished with a yellow card.

Norwich did eventually receive the ball back, James Maddison deliberately passing the free-kick wide.

“I’m usually quite calm, but in this situation my pulse was at 200 and I was also furious,”Farke told reporters after the game.

“It started with a situation, a tackle against Emi Buendia, I couldn’t understand why the free-kick wasn’t given. When this happened to Leicester players, he blew his whistle and he was right to do this.

“Leicester played on. Sometimes in the heat of the game, perhaps you don’t realise there is someone on the floor.

“We won the ball back and played the ball over the line in order to allow some treatment.

“It’s quite common in the whole world that there is fair play and the throw-in goes back to us. I think everybody in the stadium expected this.
“We were not organised. [Iheanacho] was willing to use this situation not to play the ball but surprisingly to try to score a goal.

“Out of this there was a free-kick given in an unbelievably dangerous area and there was a check of a red card of my player. It was strange. I can’t explain why it was a free-kick and a yellow card for my winger, because then you are always in danger.

“Thank God the outcome was just a yellow card. We can live with it, it could have been worse, that’s for sure.”

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/norwich-boss-farke-blasts-iheanacho-for.html

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Re: Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship by dawnomike(m): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2019
He had no time to say Jack! I guess... grin
Re: Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship by MVLOX(m): 9:15am On Dec 15, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship by Kingkun69(m): 10:06am On Dec 15, 2019
Naija no dey carry Las
Re: Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship by Randy100: 11:01am On Dec 15, 2019
I watched the match, it was unprofessional. Football should be all about respect and fair play. I wanted to slap the guy from my TV.

1 Like

Re: Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship by Homers123(m): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2019
This reminds me of Papilo scoring for assnal from a fair play also.
Re: Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2019
So, Herr Farke was that why you guys couldn't buy a win

I call this the rambling of a frustrated man. Just go and get ready for the next match... sad
Re: Norwich Boss Farke Blasts Iheanacho For Poor Sportsmanship by DIKEnaWAR: 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2019
Farke does not know that Ịheanachọ has an extended family to take care of in Nigeria. He has not been in top form and the little opportunity he gets, he is going to use it and score so they don't sell him toa championship side for less fee.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Watford 3-0 Highlights (download Video) / 5 Youtube Channels To Help You Make Your Gym Routine A Home Fitness Routine / I Predicted Accurately A 44odds Game And WON...�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.