Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media (66523 Views)

Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery / EFCC Invites SCOAN Disciples For Alleged Looting Of T.B Joshua's Money Vault. / Lady Who Robbed US Bank With Cleavage On Display Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by voltron14: 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2019
(CNN)If you're systematically stealing money from a bank vault, it may not be a good idea to post the evidence on your social media pages.

A bank employee in Charlotte, North Carolina, allegedly stole $88,000 from the bank's vault, according to a release from the United States Attorney's Office Western District of North Carolina.

And he wasn't bashful about advertising to his social media followers the life of luxury he was funding.

The release said a criminal indictment was unsealed this week in federal court following the arrest of Arlando Henderson, 29, by the FBI in San Diego. The unsealed indictment alleges Henderson stole cash out of the vault in separate allotments on at least 18 different occasions this year.

"Throughout July and August 2019, Henderson used a social media account to post several pictures of him holding large stacks of cash," according to the release.

He then allegedly committed "loan fraud in connection with the purchase of a luxury automobile," it said.

Henderson's numerous Facebook and Instagram photos depict him posing with stacks of cash, and the US Attorney's Office says he used the money to make a $20,000 down payment on a new Mercedes-Benz.

He allegedly also falsified bank documents to obtain a car loan from another financial institution to cover the remaining balance of the vehicle, prosecutors said.

Henderson's Facebook and Instagram posts from September show him posing with a white Mercedes-Benz in Hollywood, California. He was arrested about three months later on December 4.

CNN has reached out by phone and email to Henderson's federal public defender in California for comment, but has not heard back.

He repeatedly stole cash from a bank vault, prosecutors say
According to details from the indictment contained in the release, Henderson allegedly took bank customers' cash deposits out of the bank vault for months.

Many of those times, he deposited money into an ATM near the bank where he worked, according to the release.

"I make it look easy but this shyt really a PROCESS," he wrote in one Facebook post, part of a string in which he talked about building his "brand." That post, showed him him holding a stack of money and smoking a cigarette.

Detailing information from the indictment, the release says that Henderson "destroyed certain documents" and that he "made, or caused others to make, false entries in the bank's books and records to cover up the theft."

He could face decades in prison

Henderson has been charged with two counts of financial institution fraud, 19 counts of theft, embezzlement, and misapplication, along with 12 counts of making false entries, which carry a maximum penalty of 30 years and a $1 million fine, per count.

He is also charged with transactional money laundering, which carries a penalty of 10 years behind bars and a $250,000 fine.

He appeared in US District Court in southern California earlier this month, according to the release, with the case set to be tried in North Carolina by the US Attorney's office in Charlotte.

Rebekah Riess contributed to this story

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/14/us/man-accused-of-stealing-from-bank-vault-facebook-post-trnd/index.html

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by czarina(f): 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2019
There's just something about the dark-skinned man's perchant for flamboyance.

Oyibo go tiff, dem go jejely dey one lane but not the black man. You must know say him don arrive.

Poverty truly does things to our minds.

P. S

I'm not an enabler, only stating something most of you already know but hate to admit.

If you do the crime, you do the time.

652 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by slysdesign(m): 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2019
People sef...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by healthserve(m): 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2019
I scrolled down and noticed it was a black. Smh. What a loser.

187 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Temidayo9(m): 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
Typical black guy , always show off

226 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by voltron14: 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2019
Onyeama should note how long this guy would be serving:

He is also charged with transactional money laundering, which carries a penalty of 10 years behind bars and a $250,000 fine.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by yomi007k(m): 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2019
czarina:

Oyibo go tiff, dem go jejely dey one lane but not the black man. You must know say him don arrive.

Poverty truly does things to our minds.

As in...e pain me as I see say na black man cry cry cry

139 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by czarina(f): 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
yomi007k:

E no pain me, and TBH, I wasn't surprised.

E go go jail las las.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by emeijeh(m): 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2019
Idiot of the century

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by LadySarah: 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2019
That show off spirit.Sighs...

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Ishilove: 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2019
This one's stupidity is engrained in his DNA.

I don't understand this generation and it's obsession for showing off, down to their bowel activities. This one will just have his anus ravaged in prison because he behaved like a chest beating gorilla. Smh

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Isoduwa(m): 12:00am On Dec 16, 2019
This one get Nigerian blood or Nigerian friend

12 Likes

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Isoduwa(m): 12:02am On Dec 16, 2019
Ishilove:

I don't understand this generation and it's obsession for showing off, down to their bowel activities. This one will just have his anus ravaged in prison because he behaved like a chest beating gorilla. Smh

Even when gorilla � is sleeping you can't go closer than your shadow

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by yomi007k(m): 12:21am On Dec 16, 2019
czarina:
E no pain me, and TBH, I wasn't surprised.

E go go jail las las.

Noo...when do we see black people making discoveries or finding solutions to world problems.

It's sad when the black man is one of the major problematic races in the world
cry

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by ghettokid1(m): 12:23am On Dec 16, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by czarina(f): 12:33am On Dec 16, 2019
yomi007k:

Noo...when do we see black people making discoveries or finding solutions to world problems.

It's sad when the black man is one of the major problematic races in the world
cry
It's not sad anymore. I see some of us foaming at the mouth when these things are said by others but it's the truth.

We ruin everything!

P. S

I'm not "Uncle Ruckus' daughter". Truth no say make we no talk am.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by yomi007k(m): 12:38am On Dec 16, 2019
czarina:
It's not sad anymore. I see some of us foaming at the mouth when these things are said by others but it's the truth.

We ruin everything!

P. S

I'm not "Uncle Ruckus' daughter". Truth no say make we no talk am.
We know the truth, blackman does alot of evil, which is a problem.

Another truth is that we can do better if we choose to.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by MajorWarren: 3:36am On Dec 16, 2019
czarina:

Wait what

1 Like

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Rilley(m): 4:56am On Dec 16, 2019
yomi007k:

It's always black men

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 16, 2019
Ishilove:

...didnt start with this generation perhaps, we have always loved affluence beyond reason hence we sold our neighbours into slavery for a piece of mirror or some cowries to...marry more wives and have plenty children...

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 16, 2019
It must be a black man. Zero sense. You steal and then publicly display the ill gotten wealth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Auxtin85(m): 6:18am On Dec 16, 2019
He who the gods want to kill they first make rich

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by segebase(m): 6:38am On Dec 16, 2019
Make I de observe

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by 24kmagic: 8:26am On Dec 16, 2019
Na WA oooo
Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by tstx(m): 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2019
If you must be a thief... Atleast be smart

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Humphrizy(m): 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
Inside life undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Dididrumz(m): 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
Wow
Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by tstx(m): 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
yomi007k:

Even before opening the thread I knew it was going to be a black man...

My people are not that smart.

Sometimes I wonder if it's a psychological thing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Stole $88,000 From US Bank Vault Caught Through Social Media by Catchfirez: 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack TVC Studios In Lagos (Video) / Phone Thief's Hand Cut In Delta (pics) / Man Uses Acid To Fry Groundnuts (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.