Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? (7547 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Movies Before And After Visual Effects (pics) / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by okwanuzo3(f): 2:35pm On May 26, 2007
Why do all nigerian movie scripts require the actors to cough/ hyperventilate to show they are about to die? was just wondering if it does happen in real life and i'm unaware
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by tollu: 10:13pm On May 26, 2007
*chuckle*
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by mukina2: 10:15pm On May 26, 2007
To show that they are going to die grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by ashantegal(f): 1:10am On May 27, 2007
you know it's a movie so they have to add theatrics to it, some american movies do it too cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by chiogo(f): 12:13am On May 28, 2007
lol, @topic. i wonder d same thing. funny, huh?
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by immaculeta(f): 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2007
Dont be such a critic,appreciate ur people,

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by sapphirre(f): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2007
You pay attention to alot of detail, hey,
But I agree with you, the Nigerian movies I have seen I have seen it
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by dominobaby(f): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2007
Lmao! Typically Nigerian
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by denex: 4:44am On Jun 22, 2007
They generally belief that cough is the highest killer in subsaharan africa.
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by PoDeep(m): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2007
Because in almost every Nigerian film, people die mostly by food poisoning. And u know how food poisoning victims die. . . By coughing!
Lol.
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by ayanle456: 12:41am On Jun 15, 2012
they cough because they are bantu...looool
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by VillageBoi(m): 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2012
denex: They generally belief that cough is the highest killer in subsaharan africa.
Classic response, totally loved it. Thanks for the good chuckle!!
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by ifihearam: 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2012
lol

nice one
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by Maisuya1: 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2012
*silly question cheesy how should we know?
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2012
Mai-suya:
*silly question cheesy how should we know?
grin
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by Afam4eva(m): 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2012
okwanuzo3: Why do all nigerian movie scripts require the actors to cough/ hyperventilate to show they are about to die? was just wondering if it does happen in real life and i'm unaware
Experience is the best teacher. Just try taking your life and let's see why. Don't forget to video yourself grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2012
That's because you only buy pirated copies. Start buying the authentic discs and you'll see that they actually smile to death.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by unclebros: 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
Go and Ask Zeb Ejiro and other Nollywoods producers and directors grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
Poster you will know if you drink otapiapia.
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
Poster you will know if you drink otapiapia. And don't forget to tell us how it feels.
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by Emmy9ite(m): 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2012
I know that all those hidden post were trying to ask how this thread made the front page... cheesycheesycheesy

9 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by KINGwax(m): 1:55pm On Jun 25, 2012
okwanuzo3: Why do all nigerian movie scripts require the actors to cough/ hyperventilate to show they are about to die? was just wondering if it does happen in real life and i'm unaware
ask from the chinese movies' directors. They sure are the master in that.
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by unclebros: 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2012
I know that all those hidden post were trying to ask how this thread made the front page...

@Emmy9nite

You be bad guy....and spot on. I love your post grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by tobechi20(m): 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2012
Have u eva been on a sick bed to watch someone die?
If u have, u wil realise that is haw many die especialy d elderly ones. The film industry is only acting what happens in life so lets not criticise them .
Coughing occurs wen d victim is choked or short of breath and tries to take in air.
Morever, it doesnt only hapen in nigeria film.i have watchd dis occurance in bollywood, hollywood and in chinese film(chollywood;hope am right)

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by omenka(m): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2012
I can't spend my two cents on a Nollywood export! They put too much effort into impressing their audiance and at the end of d day mess d whole thang up. The most anoying part is that not a single movie is out their without a scene in which u find two or more gurls querellin! The quality of the audio makes it sound like agitated monkeys that have just spotted a big python! Those of you who do natgeo wild, or animal planet would know what im talking about.
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by Emmy9ite(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2012
unclebros:

@Emmy9nite

You be bad guy....and spot on. I love your post grin grin grin grin
hehe,,na true na........i dey use indirect speech the ask 2 o
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by Azuist(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2012

In real life? No but in Nollywood world? Yes cos its an accepted practice in the Nollywood code of conduct/practice so if u don't like it, join them nd move a motion against the practice, make sure u get number to back u.
Re: Why Do People Cough In Nollywood Movies Before They Die? by Chidex2442(m): 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2012
That cough is normally attack 4rm d village! Or if d person dies 4rm spiritual attack

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Loving Akwastar.com / The Apprentice {UK} Thread! / What's Your Best Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.