Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,208 members, 7,860,346 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Ebonyi State Govt. Reacts Over Protest By Topless Women, Reveals Next Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi State Govt. Reacts Over Protest By Topless Women, Reveals Next Action (629 Views)

Topless Women Protest In Anambra Against Cultism, Killings (Photo) / Wike Mocks Atiku, PDP Leaders Over Protest At INEC Office (Video) / Topless Women Protest Against Governor Dickson In Bayelsa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi State Govt. Reacts Over Protest By Topless Women, Reveals Next Action by Kosiso12(f): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2019
Ebonyi State Government Reacts Over Protest By Women

Ebonyi State Government has finally reacted to the protest that rocked the State yesterday by women from Agubia in Ikwo Local Government Area of the State.

Igbere TV had reported that the women protested over the arrest of not less than 9 of their sons by security agents allegedly acting on the order of top state government official from the area.

Igbere TV correspondent who monitored the protest reports that the aged women who gathered in front of the gate of Government House, Abakaliki, around 12noon alleged that there had been incessant arrest in the village.

Meanwhile, in a statement made available to Igbere TV on Monday by the Special Assistant on Media to Governor David Nweze Umahi, Mr. Francis Nwaze said Ebonyi State Government has no business with the cause of the protest.

He noted that the women were only seeking the attention of the state knowing that the Governor is a man who has the People's interest at heart.

He, however, said that Governor Umahi will be communicated on the situation.

The statement reads in full,

Clarification on the protest that occured today by Ikwo women in Ebonyi State

1. Ebonyi State Government has no business with the cause of the protest.

2. The women were only seeking the attention of the State government knowing that the Governor is a man who has the people's interest at heart, a democrat to the core and a Christian.

3. The matter has to do with the leadership tussle of Agubia Community of Ikwo LGA.

4. The women are only seeking for the face of Ebonyi State Government to get their Children and others who were arrested because of the incident released by Police/SARS.

5. The protest is not against the state government but to seek the face of the Governor to help them as a peacemaker he is and Chief Security Officer of the State.

Don't be misinformed, the Governor, Engr. David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE and Ebonyi State Government are not involved but the Governor will be communicated on the situation.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/1197042/ebonyi-state-government-reacts-protest-women/

Re: Ebonyi State Govt. Reacts Over Protest By Topless Women, Reveals Next Action by Jasen1(m): 7:57am On Dec 17, 2019
Ha
Re: Ebonyi State Govt. Reacts Over Protest By Topless Women, Reveals Next Action by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 17, 2019
The Sarz in Ebonyi Always Arrest the innocent boys leaving the cultists
God plz help us so that we can allow you to rest
AMEN
Re: Ebonyi State Govt. Reacts Over Protest By Topless Women, Reveals Next Action by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 17, 2019
Re: Ebonyi State Govt. Reacts Over Protest By Topless Women, Reveals Next Action by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2019
Re: Ebonyi State Govt. Reacts Over Protest By Topless Women, Reveals Next Action by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2019
ITxBUSH:
Sure that's what you would say. But I can categorically tell you those nuisance who where arrested were cultist before their arrest. Let them suffer and Rot in jail. Useless touts
Stop saying what you don't know
I was once a victim
Even when a senior officers living in our house came and identify me they still refused to release me I was in their vain they will say Sir no market today and their oga go reply let's keep moving until they will see group of boys they will arrest them once you give 5k to 10k they will release you
Even those that came back from Onitsha their bus dropped them at Romchi Onueke park they still arrest them
So say what you know
Once there's hit all the cult boys will escape and it's even the sarz boys will call them on phone telling them to run

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Govt. Reacts Over Protest By Topless Women, Reveals Next Action by spirul77: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2019
I no understand, na ebony govt house compound be dat or Wetin?
Re: Ebonyi State Govt. Reacts Over Protest By Topless Women, Reveals Next Action by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2019
spirul77:
I no understand, na ebony govt house compound be dat or Wetin?
They are in front of the gate

(1) (Reply)

General Ibrahim Babangida Announces That He Is Single And Searching / 20 Basic Food Items, Sanitary Pads, Others Make List Of VAT Exemption List / Tension As El-rufai Issues 3-day Quit Notice On Kasuwar Barci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.