Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,778 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:11 PM

Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase (39624 Views)

Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveals Legitimate Aircraft Purchase / Arewa, Ohanaeze, Yoruba, Ijaw Youths Reveal Those Trying To Bring Down Air Peace / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by nototribalist: 11:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
gcof:
there is no mix up. Funds were transferred from an NGO to a private business that’s what raised suspicions of money laundering. A lot of people launder money through NGOs
well he owns the NGO tho
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by tit(f): 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
gcof:
there is no mix up. Funds were transferred from an NGO to a private business that’s what raised suspicions of money laundering. A lot of people launder money through NGOs
Do you know the meaning of NGO?
Any entity not run or owned by govt is an NGO.
A nonprofit is a different being.
An NGO or a nonprofit can invest/spend it's money any way it deems fit.
Many nonprofits actually get funds from investments, in say the stock exchange, they had made previously.

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by Amumaigwe: 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
Mynd44:
Sources, sources, sources.

Tiring

If the thing tire you, kuku ban am na. You get another work here?

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by Rolex66: 12:47am On Dec 18, 2019
Not yet uhuru. Better we hear from the horse's mouth-his accusers

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:52am On Dec 18, 2019
daddytime:
Abeg carry this new revelation go meet them for the US courts.

I hope to see the accused vindicated if innocent.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by chewwie(m): 5:36am On Dec 18, 2019
Onyeama 2023, Peter Obi or Ezekwesili as vice!
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by newmoney133: 5:48am On Dec 18, 2019
dustmalik:
Honestly, this news is empty. Nothing to see here.
I was surprised at these comments.the report has nothing tangible to hold on to.How I wished for the charges to be false but oooooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by codedguy1(m): 5:50am On Dec 18, 2019
vikstandon:

Investing funds to sustain NGO are never a crime... Mismanagement of funds is what is a crime. Mind you money doesn't come from donor agencies all the time.

If he grows fund to give back to society... That's the height humanitarianism.

Please read and understand.

Investing funds TO sustain an NGO is not a crime but diverting money from an NGO to a private business is what has raised suspicion here.

Diverting money from an NGO to a private business can be looked as as mismanagement of funds which you agree is a crime.

How and where did he grow the funds? Which society did he give back to?

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by codedguy1(m): 5:56am On Dec 18, 2019
tit:

Do you know the meaning of NGO?
Any entity not run or owned by govt is an NGO.
A nonprofit is a different being.
An NGO or a nonprofit can invest/spend it's money any way it deems fit.
Many nonprofits actually get funds from investments, in say the stock exchange, they had made previously.

How do NGOs get funding?

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by Mightyhaiz: 6:25am On Dec 18, 2019
Lindseyrd:

Please show me one honest Igbo business man.
Not until u show me one person in your family with a functional brain.

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by mauchiz: 6:37am On Dec 18, 2019
He helped us in South Africa, brought out those flights to carry Nigerians, what our government could not do, he did not invest abroad thereby creating employment opportunities for us, our leaders invest our money abroad, thereby making there flourish.
He is not the richest in Nigeria, but he made a sacrifice with his plane, there were rich people that would have come to rescue Nigerians in SA, but they did not do it,

This man is a nice man, they should leave him for us, he has been doing charity work for us in Nigeria.

#US government please leave him for us, catch our leaders and jail them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by kechywillz(m): 6:54am On Dec 18, 2019
Allen Onyeoma,when this is finally over,I want you to know who your enemies are,that drunk Lauretta Onochie is number 1 on your least,you know within yourself those who envy you,be careful of them,God will never forsake you for that great help you rendered to humanity,keep on doing good,You are doing it for God not man

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by durangokid: 6:58am On Dec 18, 2019
codedguy1:

It is wrong to use money for NGO for private business.

If he diverted funds from his NGO to purchase the planes, then there is a problem there.

They would investigate how the funds got to the NGO before it was diverted to buy planes. If they were some sort of donations he can't use those funds for business.

Its not like in Naija where tithes and offerings are donated in church and then the church establishes a school or business, abroad you must show how you got the funds, did he borrow from the bank or what?

I hope I have explained what I insinuated.

. You people are so fast to conclude, because you think being an Igbo man he has no right to owe so much money or how he got the money, you people are suprised, you will continue to be

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by EgunMogaji2: 7:39am On Dec 18, 2019
According to the indictment in the USA, it was never alleged that the accused never purchased aircrafts.

The allegation is that the aircraft's were already previously purchased and were in service with AP. The money wired was criminally arranged to be used to buy aircraft that was already owned. Then the money was used for something else.

These things are pretty standard crimes in the USA and much of there developed world. Living in Nigeria full time for the past 9 months have made me realize why this will not be looked at as a crime since the moral structure of most Nigerians have been damaged due to greed and poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by barragan: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2019
Nothing to see here. Beyond the headline there is nothing concrete from any named or reliable source to prove that there is any change to the allegations. Smh

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by codedguy1(m): 7:57am On Dec 18, 2019
durangokid:
. You people are so fast to conclude, because you think being an Igbo man he has no right to owe so much money or how he got the money, you people are suprised, you will continue to be

You are talking off point now.

What and where did I conclude?

Where did I say he can't owe money?

I never brought his tribe into my discussion.

Please if you can't discuss without trying to play the tribe card as a victim, do not quote me again.

Do you even know if I am of Igbo extraction?

EgunMogaji2:
According to the indictment in the USA, it was never alleged that the accused never purchased aircrafts.

The allegation is that the aircraft's were already previously purchased and were in service with AP. The money wired was criminally arranged to be used to buy aircraft that was already owned. Then the money was used for something else.

These things are pretty standard crimes in the USA and much of there developed world. Living in Nigeria full time for the past 9 months have made me realize why this will not be looked at as a crime since the moral structure of most Nigerians have been damaged due to greed and poverty.

And they would be so ignorantly sentimental about justifying what is apparently wrong in saner climes.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by GrossPrice: 8:05am On Dec 18, 2019
[comment was withdrawn]
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by winterfell007(m): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2019
nzeobi:
Victory for AIRPEACE at last, those who have never made money in their life were busy talking rubbish.

It's not victory for them yet. Let them head to the State of Georgia to prove their case
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by nzeobi(m): 8:24am On Dec 18, 2019
winterfell007:

It's not victory for them yet. Let them head to the State of Georgia to prove their case
You can go to Georgia and convict them.
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by durangokid: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2019
codedguy1:

You are talking off point now.

What and where did I conclude?

Where did I say he can't owe money?

I never brought his tribe into my discussion.

Please if you can't discuss without trying to play the tribe card as a victim, do not quote me again.

Do you even know if I am of Igbo extraction?

And they would be so ignorantly sentimental about justifying what is apparently wrong in saner climes.
. My brother read very well in-between your line, you may not notice it, what clots the mind betrays the emotion
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2019
back2sender:
He should go to America and defend himself.
you should go to sambisa and answer your call
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by tck2000(m): 9:09am On Dec 18, 2019
codedguy1:
The details are in the report.

The only snag here is that funds came from an NGO.

Funds for NGOs are usually donated because they are for humanitarian purposes and to divert those funds to a private business is what I think will be the problem.

Boeing must have verified the documents but are they supposed to verify where the funds came from. That should have been done by the IRS. Tax evasion or money laundery allegations can be weighty in the US depending on how it is handled.

I hope he comes out of this mess because Airpeace has been doing really well and has at least given Nigeria some sort of visibility in the skies.
Apt
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by tomju(m): 9:27am On Dec 18, 2019
[quote author=ALPHABASE post=84994448]
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/air-peace-fresh-facts-reveals-legitimate-aircraft-purchase/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

However, over $3 million of the funds used to purchase the aircraft allegedly came from bank accounts for Foundation for Ethnic Harmony, International Center for Non-Violence and Peace Development, All-Time Peace Media Communications Limited, and Every Child Limited.”
When did NGO's start purchase of aircrafts? The NGO account was a masked for sinister moves. Simple. Only a fool no know as e dey go.
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by Reference(m): 9:39am On Dec 18, 2019
Hold it please. Every individual and organisation does everything in its power to stay above the law and below the radar of justice. The moment you expose yourself by ways and means that are questionable you bring yourself into disrepute.

It is a Nigerian thing to be careless about facts and details. It is a Nigerian thing to leave the highway and tow the bush paths to get ahead. It is a Nigerian thing to be brash about an underhand sub-culture and expect the rest of the world to understand and live by our standards. It may work in this country but the global practice of finance and commerce is all about perception.

You are only as good as people feel you are. Businesses have died on rumours, banks have collapsed on bad news, investirs have often fled first then looked later. If I want to employ and hear untoward news about the individual I certainly donot have the time nor the resources to check facts. You check facts to butress positive moves not exonerate bad news.

This ultra high, no nonsense standard is the reason why serious businesses go to extreme lengths to protect their integrity and are circumspect in all their ways. You just may not have a second chance or you just may never recover.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by Reference(m): 9:42am On Dec 18, 2019
mauchiz:
He helped us in South Africa, brought out those flights to carry Nigerians, what our government could not do, he did not invest abroad thereby creating employment opportunities for us, our leaders invest our money abroad, thereby making there flourish.
He is not the richest in Nigeria, but he made a sacrifice with his plane, there were rich people that would have come to rescue Nigerians in SA, but they did not do it,

This man is a nice man, they should leave him for us, he has been doing charity work for us in Nigeria.

#US government please leave him for us, catch our leaders and jail them.

The kind of sentiment that is a serious anchor to this country. For how long are you going to make excuses for your untuly kids. Won't you sit them down one day and ask serious questions.

'US, leave them for us', today then US, 'why are you not investing in Africa, why are you denying us visas, why are you not selling arms to us....', always wanting the world to live by our standards while incapable of tolerating theirs...

If the man is incapable of obeying their laws he should set up an aircraft manufacturing facility in Nigeria so he can trade planes as he pleases.
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by rexandyke(m): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2019
codedguy1:
The details are in the report.

The only snag here is that funds came from an NGO.

Funds for NGOs are usually donated because they are for humanitarian purposes and to divert those funds to a private business is what I think will be the problem.

Boeing must have verified the documents but are they supposed to verify where the funds came from. That should have been done by the IRS. Tax evasion or money laundery allegations can be weighty in the US depending on how it is handled.

I hope he comes out of this mess because Airpeace has been doing really well and has at least given Nigeria some sort of visibility in the skies.

sharaap there. Do you know what an NGO means? I shake my head for you
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by codedguy1(m): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2019
rexandyke:

sharaap there. Do you know what an NGO means? I shake my head for you

Ode!

Why don't you educate us on what an NGO is so we would know what you have as brain matter.
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by blank(f): 11:33am On Dec 18, 2019
He is still in a very big mess. Should money for Not For Profit organizations be used to fund For Profit Organizations? Abroad, it is a very big issue and he is in a deep mess. His CFO might have his professional certificate withdrawn as well as be in a bigger mess. It's very unethical.

Nigerians, we need to be financially literate. It's so important. Stop doing business sales with your personal account. Your business money is NOT your money.

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by GreyLaw(m): 12:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
Philistine:
Onyema should tell FBI all this, we don't need all this media defence.

But you need media trials. Lol
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by zubby4567(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2019
Belleful:
fake news. go to the us and prove ur innocent. why is deji and his like trying hard to be the judge?
Na so una talk Atiku no fit go USA and finally he goes there...No worry e go do u like film when d storm is over for onyema

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Start An Oil And Gas Business In Nigeria / Profitable Small Business Ideas For Nigerians / Greedy Nigerians Cashing In On The Rising Dollar Exchange Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.