Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry (22367 Views)

Latest Ankara Short Gown Styles 2020 For Ladies: Top 20 Ankara Dresses To Rock / Short Classic African Ankara Dresses To Rock In 2019 / 5 Types Of Hair Cut For The Fashion Conscious Man; Old School Is The New School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Kingstanding: 10:26am On Dec 21, 2019
Conceptman:
I don't take the Nigeria fashion serious until they get a better brand and moreover why will you want to stop foreign wears because you want to sell yours, it's a thing of choice here, I can choose to wear any brand that makes me look good. This man needs to understand that fashion can only sell when you do everything to beat the standard of your competitors. the first pic got me laughing grin
https://www.nairaland.com/4814062/aluminium-windows-building-casement-casement/7
. You make me laugh about the first pic you mentioned and you're very right he looks like puff Diddy.

1 Like

Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by guru90: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2019
light099:
You for talk say make FG bann internet, social media, camera used for snapping those your pictures because they're all imported.

See as he be like glorified toothpick.
Trash.

Hahahaha..... bro.... U finished that man ..... hahaha. each time I login.... I must surely learn new statement ( glorified toothpick).

They want FG to ban every thing...... Nonsense
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Reference(m): 10:33am On Dec 21, 2019
Totally disagree. The fashion industry is a section of the arts and crafts industry which is part of the creative industry and should not be subject to discrimination. Their products are more or less intellectual property so competition is more of ideas and inspiration, abstract not tangibke. The physical clothes and wares represent just a minute fraction of the effort that goes into production. Without competition intellectual property is worthless, without peer review intellectual capacity is stagnated.

What goverment should do enhance the creative industry is to ensure intellectual property is protected and artists are well incentified. Actual industrial production then may or may not be domiciled in Nigeria. The great fashion brands and fashion commodity companies of the world still thrive despite Asian industrial muscle. As a matter of fact most of them have their factories in Asia but that represents just a fraction of the value of the brand except for cheapest t-shirts.

Nigerian creative artistes must step up their and take branding seriously. Branding drives the fashion industry and branding is driven by creativity. They should make the necessary sacrifices in the studios and let the Asian sweat shops do the rest. We have huge untapped potentials in bringing our culture to the world and incorporating them into modern fashion to create new lines of interest. I have seen a couple of takers and their pieces look fantastic. They just need to know how to brand properly, produce efficently and market asiduously. We donot need to turn Nigeria into a Communist state to develop. We donot need this slippery slope that will end up seeking the banning cable tv, coca-cola and corollas. Haba.

Creativity can fend for itself.

1 Like

Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 10:41am On Dec 21, 2019
And guess were the man is from? grin
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Patojargz: 10:42am On Dec 21, 2019
Casting another man's product 2 improve yours? Brodaman think twice and grow up! I wear wats gud on me and not trashy wears...
No doubt!
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by SOAG(m): 10:48am On Dec 21, 2019
Why not tell FG to ban generator mr wise man
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by vertueptime: 11:01am On Dec 21, 2019
ijewejones:
Oga,what were you wearing before native wears/fashion came to limelight

Yeye dey smell..talking without reasoning well,una go trend taya sad angry

Dnt mind d mumu, when they ban the cashmere from china that they are ripping people off i hope hel be able to afford getzna or excellcior brocade
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Odinaka00(m): 11:03am On Dec 21, 2019
Jakama90:
Shut up your mouth. You call that thing you are wearing: design? .. Come to Vietnam and see designers.

Vietnam get better wears? I think say na Turkey

1 Like

Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Tayeni(m): 11:07am On Dec 21, 2019
I'm in support of this 100%. Whoever thinks he is wrong is either unpatriotic or simply ignorant.
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by zikcash(m): 11:10am On Dec 21, 2019
hypocrisy in its highest order。。。。when our president dat is supposed to live by example is a joke。。。。then evrytin else is a joke。。。。wen hes sick he goes to london。。。。nonsense and buhari
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by pode(m): 11:12am On Dec 21, 2019
Bossontop:
undecided
So make man pikin nor wear jeans again.....na only ankara e go dey wear abii??.......una dey try for where una dey oo but.......e still remain
Point of correction, all my jeans trousers were prepared by me even my jeans shirts is just for you to meet a good designer, on the other hand I did support this man on federal government to ban foreign clothes, we are not there yet not until nigeria start producing her own Materials
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Tayeni(m): 11:17am On Dec 21, 2019
Reference:
Totally disagree. The fashion industry is a section of the arts and crafts industry which is part of the creative industry and should not be subject to discrimination. Their products are more or less intellectual property so competition is more of ideas and inspiration, abstract not tangibke. The physical clothes and wares represent just a minute fraction of the effort that goes into production. Without competition intellectual property is worthless, without peer review intellectual capacity is stagnated.

What goverment should do enhance the creative industry is to ensure intellectual property is protected and artists are well incentified. Actual industrial production then may or may not be domiciled in Nigeria. The great fashion brands and fashion commodity companies of the world still thrive despite Asian industrial muscle. As a matter of fact most of them have their factories in Asia but that represents just a fraction of the value of the brand except for cheapest t-shirts.

Nigerian creative artistes must step up their and take branding seriously. Branding drives the fashion industry and branding is driven by creativity. They should make the necessary sacrifices in the studios and let the Asian sweat shops do the rest. We have huge untapped potentials in bringing our culture to the world and incorporating them into modern fashion to create new lines of interest. I have seen a couple of takers and their pieces look fantastic. They just need to know how to brand properly, produce efficently and market asiduously. We donot need to turn Nigeria into a Communist state to develop. We donot need this slippery slope that will end up seeking the banning cable tv, coca-cola and corollas. Haba.

Creativity can fend for itself.
As a country we will never grow the capacity and muscle to compete if the industries are not protected from economies that are wag ahead of us by fair or foul means. Do you know what dumping is? they sabotage your economy and make you a perpetual buyer(slave). Espionage and sabotage can't be said not to be some of the troubles we are having having, including self-inflicted ones.
Our economy is a baby. You don't pit a baby against giants on steroids. You have to nurture, train your baby in a safe environment first before sending him out to compete
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by HIGHSTAKE647: 11:48am On Dec 21, 2019
Need loan for your business then check my signature
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by urahara(m): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2019
grandstar:
Rubbish.

Other countries focus on the exports of textiles and garments here we are talking of buy made-in-Nigeria

Textile and garments usually form the foundation of a prosperous country. It is a sector that Third World nations have a comparative advantage as it is labor-intensive and poor countries have cheap labor in abundance while Whether it is Japan, South Korea, Taiwan or even China, they owe massive thanks to this sector. They exported textiles and garments by the shipload.

Why can't African countries compete in textiles with Asia ?

Cc Omohayek
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Exposedforall: 11:55am On Dec 21, 2019
Thunder fire the Alex.Idiot is his second nomenclature
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by uvie66: 11:59am On Dec 21, 2019
kutitosin:
You should learn to compete. Other countries didn't ban foreign fashion to make thiers thrive. Grow your business, compete with other foreign counterparts and see how far you will go. Learn from the likes of Kola Kuddus Couture
Did other countries stop playing Davido risky, nollywood movies.
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by uvie66: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
Tayeni:
As a country we will never grow the capacity and muscle to compete if the industries are not protected from economies that are wag ahead of us by fair or foul means. Do you know what dumping is? they sabotage your economy and make you a perpetual buyer(slave). Espionage and sabotage can't be said not to be some of the troubles we are having having, including self-inflicted ones.
Our economy is a baby. You don't pit a baby against giants on steroids. You have to nurture, train your baby in a safe environment first before sending him out to compete
All this one na long English, the long and short of it is no NEPA, and will keep on hindering industrial growth.
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by JJOF(m): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2019
Esseite:

Do the people that make the Jean's have two heads?... is it not the same blood that flows through your veins that goes through theirs?...

What has all the jeans you have been wearing added to your growth in life?

Okonjo wear majorly Ankara and today she is a more renowned African than you and myself with our Jean's.. lipsrsealed
So are you saying Tha for me to be great I have to stop wearing jean?
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
JJOF:

So are you saying Tha for me to be great I have to stop wearing jean?

Nooo.. am only saying, if we really want it, we should make it.. aswell as know that Jean or no Jean does not limit us.

1 Like

Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by don4real18(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
So that I will be wearing Ankara to construction sites grin
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Bahddo(m): 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
Esseite:

Do the people that make the Jean's have two heads?... is it not the same blood that flows through your veins that goes through theirs?...

Okonjo wear majorly Ankara and today she is a more renowned African than you and myself with our Jean's.. lipsrsealed
please don't be stupid. People have their tastes in fashion and you can't force someone to wear what they don't like wearing just so they can be regarded as 'African'

The Nigerian fashion industry should learn to accommodate these different tastes, and produce quality clothes that are as good as or better than those imported.

1 Like

Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by mechanics(m): 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2019
That won't be possible, is a matter of choice, those that want Nigerian made should go for it, while those that want foreign made should also go for it.

1 Like

Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by grandstar(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2019
urahara:

Why can't African countries compete in textiles with Asia ?

I will have to deeply study this issue. I'll first even need to know how well or how badly African countries are doing.

The secret for Asia may be that they have very efficient supply chains which make production of textile and fabrics a breeze. They can also share knowledge with one another making things easy.

3 Likes

Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Jaqenhghar: 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2019
Look at this clown with his halloween costumes. I love my T shirts and hoodies him and his supporters should go eat a dick
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Jaqenhghar: 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2019
Esseite:

...and is it ankara that made her who she is. Please argue like person when go school.
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Jaqenhghar: 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2019
Jakama90:
Shut up your mouth. You call that thing you are wearing: design? .. Come to Vietnam and see designers.
No mind the idiot. The clothes no fine sef

1 Like

Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Slynation(m): 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2019
Esseite:

And u think the Buhari and Presidency will consider this kind of initiative?? Do you know the cost of their imported jalabia from Dubai? This guy should take a chill pill joor, his idea sounds greedy and personal for now
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2019
Slynation:

And u think the Buhari and Presidency will consider this kind of initiative?? Do you know the cost of their imported jalabia from Dubai? This guy should take a chill pill joor, his idea sounds greedy and personal for now

It used to be Nigerian rice is dirty and stony... is it not better now?....

It is just opportunity and time.
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

...and is it ankara that made her who she is. Please argue like person when go school.

Exactly.... it did not, neither did our Jean's aswell.. that is why we can explore the opportunity on growing ours within.
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
i love wearing native wears cheesy but that wont stop me buying jeans and T shirt cheesy
Re: Alex Olusanya: FG Must Ban Imported Dresses To Boost The Fashion Industry by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
Bahddo:
please don't be stupid. People have their tastes in fashion and you can't force someone to wear what they don't like wearing just so they can be regarded as 'African'

The Nigerian fashion industry should learn to accommodate these different tastes, and produce quality clothes that are as good as or better than those imported.

A lot of clothes are made in Nigeria and are very good wears, but this class and glamour keeps relegating it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pela Tonye - Delta-Born Beautician Before And After Pictures / Learn How To Sew For Free / Check Out This Newspaper-Inspired Outfit (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.