Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 (16510 Views)

Traders Celebrating After Receiving Trader Moni In Ibadan (Photos) / Osinbajo Launches Trader Moni In Calabar (Photos) / Trader Moni: Two Million Nigerians To Get Collateral Free Loans In Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 20, 2019
CapitalHYC:
What type of Loan is 10 thousand in this kind of bad economy... Money that is not enough to feed a family for a week

Lol

I pity jobless graduates how dey feel when they hear all these big sums getting looted and they cant find work
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by ednut1(m): 11:33am On Dec 20, 2019
has anyone repaid this yeye loans
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by itsme01: 11:34am On Dec 20, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:
God forbid I raise my kids in this country.

We borrow billions of dollars for infrastructure, and still go ahead to throw money away in the name of "soft loans". Lugard, it shall never be well with you

India stoped being poverty capital through soft loans and revolving loans

2 Likes

Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Isobug: 11:36am On Dec 20, 2019
Wasted funds
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by airminem(f): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2019
Damnnnnn
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Dpaulie(m): 11:38am On Dec 20, 2019
Osinbajo....ready for work
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by pawesome(m): 11:38am On Dec 20, 2019
voltron14:

Diploma in banking and you are asking how microloans would help the nation?
10k is an example of micro loan
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2019
itsme01:

India stoped being poverty capital through soft loans and revolving loans
What did they use it for? Did they disburse it at #10,000 to people? What our government is doing is foolishness. 10,000 is nothing in present-day Nigeria. You may say it's something for some people, but prices in the market don't discriminate against the rich from the poor.

Any sensible government will use this amount to provide infrastructure that'll help private businesses thrive.

If they really want to give loans to businesses, they should give high-value loans to individuals to improve their businesses. Those individuals will then employ more people and improve their production, and this will have a ripple effect on the economy.
Instead of giving #10,000 to 500 people, give #5000000 to 1 proven businessman and watch how well he'll utilize it. That's common sense.
An example is what Tony Elumelu is doing
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Goldencheese(m): 11:46am On Dec 20, 2019
grin grin grin
PerfectlyPerfect:

We borrow billions of dollars for infrastructure, and still go ahead to throw money away in the name of "soft loans". Lugard, it shall never be well with you
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by bluefilm: 11:47am On Dec 20, 2019
Better days ahead.

Who else is seeing a better Nigeria?

NextLevel on course!!!
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Innovate07: 11:48am On Dec 20, 2019
For an economy that is mostly macro driven, that money is too small. It should be 10 trillion naira and a 100,00 naira initial loan. Can't our law makers and political office holders forfeit that much in salaries for 1 yr? Is it too much to ask of them? Osibanjo this money may have been in good faith from your regime but in a country where we keep hearing that one politician stole billions of dollars, I personally find it insultive to our intellect to be hearing 10 billion in naira when you know like we know that our money gets stolen in dollars and not in naira. When he reach poor man turn na naira we go dey hear as if We nor know where mallam dey.

Abeg that 10,000 naira is it to sell 1/4 bag of rice on our head on the street and be flogged by Oshiomole:s street touts in uniform and be told to go and die when we cry loud in pain or what? I ask this Mr. VP because that money cannot even pay for a shop inside the market not to talk of one inside a compound in a hidden street.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Deo1986(m): 11:52am On Dec 20, 2019
10k loan last year started a boy in Okrika business here in Port Harcourt, and presently the boy is doing wonderfully well. to all those wailing, some good heads needs the money for take off however lowly it is.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by izubext007: 11:54am On Dec 20, 2019
ndlea should arest them govt. it's only drug addicts that can make such gesture.
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by jahsharon: 11:55am On Dec 20, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

America is the highest debtor nation in the world, yet America still gives lots of free money to the jobless and the homeless.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Sureman707: 11:59am On Dec 20, 2019
fyneguy:

Are you a trader?
What count's is the bar in my account....,......
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
jahsharon:

America is the highest debtor nation in the world, yet America still gives lots of free money to the jobless and the homeless.
Don't mistake America's debt with ours. They're two very different things. There's something called serviceable debt.
Sensible countries will borrow to fund capital expenditures. Those capital expenditure will help improve ease of doing business in the country, and so help them recover the funds to repay the loans.

It's just like A businessman who borrowed money to stock his warehouse with more goods for sale. He knows he'll be able to repay the loan when he sells his goods. You'll agree with me that this businessman is wise. That's serviceable debt.
Another businessman will borrow money for his birthday party. This is foolishness, and it's exactly what our country is doing.
That's the difference between the debt of the US and that of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by jaxxy(m): 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
This trader moni is a bad economic policy

1 Like

Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by itsme01: 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

What did they use it for? Did they disburse it at #10,000 to people? What our government is doing is foolishness. 10,000 is nothing in present-day Nigeria. You may say it's something for some people, but prices in the market don't discriminate against the rich from the poor.

Any sensible government will use this amount to provide infrastructure that'll help private businesses thrive.

If they really want to give loans to businesses, they should give high-value loans to individuals to improve their businesses. Those individuals will then employ more people and improve their production, and this will have a ripple effect on the economy.
Instead of giving #10,000 to 500 people, give #5000000 to 1 proven businessman and watch how well he'll utilize it. That's common sense.
An example is what Tony Elumelu is doing

look trader money is for traders.. i mean petty traders whose stock are withing the range of 10000, i mean cobblers that makes shoes and bags, DVD sellers, charger and phone accesory sellers and abok! mey suya , fish seller and pepper seller who already are use to microfinance short loans unlike entitled graduates that want millions in loan without skills to manage even a thousand naira

3 Likes

Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Emmanuelhector(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
Good move.. Please run the country dry
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Olisa74(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2019
One quarter of the money they want to use to renovate the national assembly. Nigerian leaders have no conscience.
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Conceptman: 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
Some jagbanjatis , na Bodmas we go use solve Nigeria's problem Las las
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Angelfrost(m): 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
jahsharon:

Poor analogy, as usual...

America does not borrow money aimlessly for the purpose of misappropriation, embezzlement, and wastage...

America is highly industrialized, has a working government, high money yielding infrastructures, massive investments and a well diversified economy.

In short, America like most serious nations, has a democracy that truly lives up to its name.

1 Like

Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by DenreleDave(m): 12:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
voltron14:

U can say anything sir, think anything .. I don't care... What has this nation done to help other unemployed people out there that are ready to work..

Tell me, the one they gave last, is it not bcox of election?
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Mrsujay1: 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
It a must win today ,fixed mache is available, just call or Whatsapp
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2019
voltron14:

Answer the question jor
The one they gave last yr how did it help Nigeria
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2019
itsme01:

look trader money is for traders.. i mean petty traders whose stock are withing the range of 10000, i mean cobblers that makes shoes and bags, DVD sellers, charger and phone accesory sellers and abok! mey suya , fish seller and pepper seller who already are use to microfinance short loans unlike entitled graduates that want millions in loan without skills to manage even a thousand naira
How many petty trader even start business with 10000 naira these days. Let's tell ourselves the truth, this 10k loan is useless even to petty traders. How much to rent store alone, how much is a basket of tomatoes, how much is a bag of pepper, u see those guy that sell charger and earpiece on wheelbarrow along the road, their goods are worth more than 10k. 10 thousand naira is useless anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by itsme01: 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2019
charliboy654:

How many petty trader even start business with 10000 naira these days. Let's tell ourselves the truth, this 10k loan is useless even to petty traders. How much to rent store alone, how much is a basket of tomatoes, how much is a bag of pepper, u see those guy that sell charger and earpiece on wheelbarrow along the road, their goods are worth more than 10k. 10 thousand naira is useless anywhere in the world.

revolving loans are not to start a business, but to restock your wares.. its opreating cost.. while you complain.. if baba kamoru gets 10k, he would go and rent danfo bus with 6 and buy fuel 3 k, eat with 1k and still make more than enough plying ikeja along route.. while entitled graduates wail all day... iya risi ka can cook rice and beans with meat with 10 k and take it to the motor pack to sell, while emeka would go and buy enough okirika bail and still make profit
Re: FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
Deo1986:
10k loan last year started a boy in Okrika business here in Port Harcourt, and presently the boy is doing wonderfully well. to all those wailing, some good heads needs the money for take off however lowly it is.
Tell urself the truth, in present Nigeria no one can start a business with 10k. He probably had other money b4 d 10k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hardship: FG Reserves Right To Pay Fuel Subsidy — Presidential aide, Veŕheijen / Nasir El-Rufai Was A Guest Speaker To A Harvard Business Class Yesterday Evening / BMO Accuses Peter Obi Of Releasing False Information In 2018 (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.