Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network (35327 Views)

Osinbajo On Self-Isolation. Holds Video-Conference Call With Staff - The Sun / COVID-19: Bala Mohammed Embarks On Self-Isolation After Contact With Atiku's Son / Videos From The Launch Of The Lagos-ibadan Rail Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by tungamaje: 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
mercyville:

lol
It was built by the state govt..

The author of the 2015 statistics didn't tell you the complete story. I want to assure you that in the 80s, the then Imo State indigenes contributed toward the building of the airport. The FG through the military governor out of shame only stepped in when the project was almost complete. Do your research my man

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by XANDERBOY85: 12:01am On Dec 21, 2019
Mrexcell:

I don't think so oguta is just 18 nautical miles to the seas while obuaku is over 40.

I know of the route to the sea from Obuaku....can easily see it even from google-earth! Not so sure of the water route from Oguta and if it's wide enough. I know its possible with dredging and widening, but we have to consider cost and other geo-political factors involved!
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by zmanto(m): 12:13am On Dec 21, 2019
catoluy:
Watch as federal gvernment will rush and stop this plan. Fashola stopped Nnaji from using his Geometric Power technology from supplying Abia power and electricity. Many Igbos still don't know what's going on this country. Your federal roads in SE; where governors and even individuals have written to the ministry of works and housing...allow us to fix this road for free if you don't want to do it, we will pay for it. They say no. Same with Enugu airport, allow us to fix the airport to bring it to Lagos and Abuja level, for free with our money, they say no. Then do it, they refuse.
if you believe any body can stop your dreams then you ain't ready for one yet. Only you can stop your self and I believe real men knows what I'm talking about.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by showafrica(m): 12:24am On Dec 21, 2019
catoluy:
Watch as federal government will rush and stop this plan. Fashola stopped Nnaji from using his Geometric Power technology from supplying Abia power and electricity. Many Igbos still don't know what's going on this country. Your federal roads in SE; where governors and even individuals have written to the ministry of works and housing...allow us to fix this road for free if you don't want to do it, we will pay for it. They say no. Same with Enugu airport, allow us to fix the airport to bring it to Lagos and Abuja level, for free with our money, they say no. Then do it, they refuse.

Some people dont know this... Thats why NK is shouting like a mad man. Well it will end in praise and celebration.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Masterclass32: 12:44am On Dec 21, 2019
Nwaonyishi69:
Igbo Amaka.

Long and short of the matter.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by ScotMisile: 12:48am On Dec 21, 2019
Hello nairaland guys,lets come up with Facebook page or website to pursue this dream...any volunteers...we need Web developers,programmers and designers....ours is to act as a push to our fathers to ensure the project is done.....we shall setup a young into economic team that shall keep crying like a new born baby,into our fathers ears,until the project is substantially done and complete.
Other tribes, pls stay away.
Peace

3 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by 3Ceagle(m): 12:53am On Dec 21, 2019
Anambralstson:

Igbos self development is second to none, cynical minds should Google how Imo airport was built.

Sometime last 2 yesrs ago while doing some cleaning i found the receipt issued for the payment made on my behalf by my mother. Every head was levied. I think it was ike Nwachukwu who initiated it.

3 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Nobody: 3:08am On Dec 21, 2019
Onye ajuru aju anaghi ajunu onwe ya!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Voldamos: 3:51am On Dec 21, 2019
SisterFire:
....Ebe nigeria juru Igbo ,umuigbo anyi aga ajunu onwe anyieee ? grin grin

Mba nu! cool

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by AmuDimpka: 4:23am On Dec 21, 2019
SisterFire:
...Amukajara akaja na ngada GI .. kiss

NNE biazie ka raa gi ezígbóté otu ....okeikpu
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by AmuDimpka: 4:26am On Dec 21, 2019
pazienza:

Lol!
Where did you get this wrong information from?

Owerri airport was not built by the FG. It was through Igbo public and IMO state government partnership.
It's a common knowledge in Igboland.
Oguguo mainly commissioned the project. He might as well have been the one who put finishing touches on it.

I contributed for the airport in the 80s when I was in Mann street primary school Owerri

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Caseless: 5:25am On Dec 21, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Individual to construct in Igbo land but government to construct in West and North.... please where is Nnamdi Kanu ......hurry up....local girl is disappointed in Nigeria
just shut it there.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by SisterFire(f): 5:27am On Dec 21, 2019
AmuDimpka:

NNE biazie ka raa gi ezígbóté otu ....okeikpu
...amunwata grin
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by AmuDimpka: 5:29am On Dec 21, 2019
SisterFire:

...amunwata grin

Okeikpu bia ka anyị nwee anuli
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by jennybright(f): 5:38am On Dec 21, 2019
I contributed to that imo airport right from primary school. We can do it again and again

Anambralstson:

Igbos self development is second to none, cynical minds should Google how Imo airport was built.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Butoneday2(m): 6:29am On Dec 21, 2019
SisterFire:
ha di mma cheesy
kedu nke bu na ha di mma. Ha di mma ka o bu a di m mma.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Butoneday2(m): 6:35am On Dec 21, 2019
SisterFire:
ha di mma cheesy
eche m na i bu nwanyi biko, ewekwara iwe.o buru na i bu nwanyi ngwa ka anyi mee nu nke ndi bekee na akpo introdonkowa.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by SisterFire(f): 6:59am On Dec 21, 2019
Butoneday2:
eche m na i bu nwanyi biko, ewekwara iwe.o buru na i bu nwanyi ngwa ka anyi mee nu nke ndi bekee na akpo introdonkowa.
...iche na mbu nwanyi?
cheesy obu asiri na agu GI nna, Jide amugi aka
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:04am On Dec 21, 2019
voltron14:

The workers are the ones that went to ministry of works and were denied abi?

grin

The owner of the company went by himself. I said to go and ask the workers because they know about it since he's asking for evidence
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Glorifiednwafor: 7:19am On Dec 21, 2019
Osaze007:
Why do igbo people get excited over what [s]other regions have been doing for years smh [/s]
Anyways let them develop their state so others can come

Did you develop yours?? Lazy slowpoke, abeg shift, when people are talking about developing their region Yoruba's should not even talk cos you got yours from the federal Government on a platter.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by olabukola: 8:33am On Dec 21, 2019
mercyville:

Odua estates,Ibadan.
Banana Island,
Eko Atlantic.
Lekki seaport.Wemabod etc
Good one. But this not what he asked for. Where is LEKKI seaport located? Eko Atlantic and Banana Island is not owned by SW States. Is their any rail network owned or being planned by SW states? It will be nice to know.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by mercyville: 8:41am On Dec 21, 2019
tungamaje:

The author of the 2015 statistics didn't tell you the complete story. I want to assure you that in the 80s, the then Imo State indigenes contributed toward the building of the airport. The FG through the military governor out of shame only stepped in when the project was almost complete. Do your research my man
Show evidence to back up your claim.
The state govt built it just like Akwa Ibom etc did in their own states using public funds.If you know any known,rich or popular persons who contributed,name them..
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by a4cube: 8:58am On Dec 21, 2019
mercyville:

Show evidence to back up your claim.
The state govt built it just like Akwa Ibom etc did in their own states using public funds.If you know any known,rich or popular persons who contributed,name them.

Which evidence do you need. Sam Mbakwe taxed every imo state man and woman, did lunching, even people willingly donated for the airport. It was seen as a patriotic act then. Even we in primary school gave our Akara money towards the building of the airport. The most popular gingle on ITV and IBC Owerri then was "Nothing is too small for Imo Airport" meaning even if its 5kobo bring it.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by mercyville: 9:14am On Dec 21, 2019
olabukola:
Good one. But this not what he asked for. Where is LEKKI seaport located? Eko Atlantic and Banana Island is not owned by SW States. Is their any rail network owned or being planned by SW states? It will be nice to know.

Rail,Port etc are under the purview of the FG and merely mentioning these means our leaders just want to make us happy.Some of these rails have been earmarked to be done.

The SW has set up the machineries for great development.If Nigeria breaks up today,SW will be one of the most developed countries in the world.

This is why I said SE has a lot of catching up to do..

https://www.oduainvestment.com.ng/?page_id=309

Odu’a Investment Company Limited was incorporated in Nigeria as a Limited Liability Company in July 1976, to take over the business interests of the former Western State of Nigeria now comprising Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti States of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. From inception, it has been operating as a conglomerate owning substantial investment in Real Estate, Food and Beverages industries, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Hotel and Catering, Telecommunication, Printing and Publishing. The company commenced operations on the 1st of October, 1976.
Apart from investments in limited liability companies, Odu’a Investment Company Limited also owns substantial properties at choice locations in Ikeja residential/industrial estates and Apapa in Lagos state as well as a number of residential and commercial properties in Ibadan including Cocoa house, Aje House, Orange Court, Almond Court etc. Investments in some other parts of the country are also assets to the company. Odu’a Investment Company Limited is a company run by an independent Board of Directors comprising of seasoned, high-flying and accomplished professionals with vast experiences in business and human resources management.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by mercyville: 9:24am On Dec 21, 2019
a4cube:
Which evidence do you need. Sam Mbakwe taxed every imo state man and woman, did lunching, even people willingly donated for the airport. It was seen as a patriotic act then. Even we in primary school gave our Akara money towards the building of the airport. The most popular gingle on ITV and IBC Owerri then was "Nothing is too small for Imo Airport" meaning even if its 5kobo bring it.

Name just one or two politicians, celebrities etc Everybody knows this is the kind of things they will like to be associated with..Names pls and stop the propaganda.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by pwansunriseteam: 9:42am On Dec 21, 2019
Good time to develop the South East region whether FG like it or not. By the time Biafran Bank is launched and funds are made available to Biafran Entrepreneurs then Nigeria will be surprised at the rate of development that will hit the region. Enough of protest let's go to the drawing board and change out destiny by ourselves.
Meanwhile now is the Best time to Invest in the Eastern Part of the Country.

3 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Dedetwo(m): 9:49am On Dec 21, 2019
I want nothing but out of the shithole called Nigeria. The moment the Republic of Igbo land is proclaimed, I shall return home to impact my technical know-how on the young generation of the republic on pro bono.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by dozies: 10:11am On Dec 21, 2019
Let us make the rail intercity connection project underground to be managed by a consortium accountable to the Eastern government. I am donating 100million for its initial take off.
We can make it happen if we can pull our resources together. I can count over 100 Easterners that can provide 1billon each without impacting their business.
The problem is the willingness to do so. And I can assure you that it will be a profitable venture for everyone

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by XANDERBOY85: 11:48am On Dec 21, 2019
Dedetwo:
I want nothing but out of the shithole called Nigeria. The moment the Republic of Igbo land is proclaimed, I shall return home to impact my technical know-how on the young generation of the republic on pro bono.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Osaze007: 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
Glorifiednwafor:

Did you develop yours?? Lazy slowpoke, abeg shift, when people are talking about developing their region Yoruba's should not even talk cos you got yours from the federal Government on a platter.

Loool you mean my state edo that has an airport that attracts 5 airlines when the entire south east doesn’t ?

Or the Yorubas that have been self sufficient in raising funds and managing themselves better than Igbo in mainstream politics
Remember its their first time in the centre of Nigerian politics they built their industrial parks , tallest building, first tv station with 0 government support

Only Lagos which was former capital has FG presence
They also build universities in their villages and manufacturing

So I’m wondering why your surprised

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Glorifiednwafor: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
Osaze007:

Loool you mean my state edo that has an airport that attracts 5 airlines when the entire south east doesn’t ?

Or the Yorubas that have been self sufficient in raising funds and managing themselves better than Igbo in mainstream politics
Remember its their first time in the centre of Nigerian politics they built their industrial parks , tallest building, first tv station with 0 government support

Only Lagos which was former capital has FG presence
They also build universities in their villages and manufacturing

So I’m wondering why your surprised

Lol you also want to compare Edo to SE? there is nothing we won't see in this life. You cant even compare your Edo with your former Bendel neighbour Delta. Delta is by far more developed and successful than Edo can ever be, is it in terms of infrastructure or manpower, there is no single Edo man dead or alive as rich as Elumelu or Jim Ovia, so rest and stop flexing muscle!!

Which state in SW can you compare to Enugu in development except of course Lagos that FG built but Enugu was built by Igbos you slowpoke.

Igbos built Imo airport from scratch which happens to be the 4th busiest airport in Nigeria just behind Lagos, PH and Abuja (Edo airport nowhere to be found).
Igbo's built UNN which was the best university by records in west Africa.
Igbo's built z600 the first indigenous automobile manufacturing company.
Igbo's built the biggest market in Africa at Onitsha.
Igbo's had and still have the most successful indigenously owned shoe and clothes manufacturing outlets in Aba known all over the world (Aba made)..

We don't just brag we brag with evidence..

2 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Dedetwo(m): 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2019
XANDERBOY85:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Bros, I do not even care if the moronic dingbats will take over all the crude oil wells in Igbo land as long as we have our home land and republic. I am completely sick and tired of the walking deaths as compatriots. These jackasses took union for unity in the shithole called Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read / COVID-19: More Recovered Patients Test Positive In South Korea / African China To Vote Peter Obi But With A Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.