Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis (64561 Views)

Policeman Scratched A Man's Lamborghini In Lagos Traffic (Video) / Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? / 10 Brand New Production Cars To Expect In The 2018 Geneva Motor Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by obafemee80(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2019

A Chinese couple, who accompanied a friend to a dealership on November 24, was forced to pay $10,025 (₦3.6m) after their 3 year old  daughter used rock to scratch pictures into the paintwork of 10 brand-new Audi cars.

The dealership initially sued the father – known as Mr Zhao – for the sum of ¥200,000 ($28,643 / ₦10.4 million), saying the estimated figure could increase after further evaluation of the damage done.

The dealership argued that the 10 scratched Audis, which includes models like A8 and Q3, could not be sold as new cars once they had repainted them.

According to the dealership, they could be sued and be made to compensate three times the purchase price if found guilty of selling a damaged or used vehicle as new.

Since the repainted cars would have to sold as used one, the dealership asked the father to pay ¥200,000 ($28,643 / ₦10.4 million).

But the court, in a statement on December 3, said the father rejected the 200,000 RMB demand. The two sides eventually settled on ¥70,000 ($10,025 / ₦3.6 million).

Lucky dad… Only God knows the hefty bills he would have incurred if the toddler had scratched super expensive cars from brands like Bugatti and Lamborghini.

What Do You Think? 

https://autojosh.com/dad-forced-to-pay-₦3-6m-after-3-year-old-daughter-scratched-10-brand-new-audis-at-dealership/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by donvicky2007: 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
Big gbese

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by Sirmuel1(m): 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
It's easy to get loans in China. He might be asked to pay the fees with 10-20yrs.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by Aldebaran(m): 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
Omo Onigbese... grin

Imagine following a friend to a dealership... grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by TemmyWon(f): 8:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
Baseje Omo

32 Likes

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by hisgrace090: 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
Some state for 9ja go accuse the girl of being a witch.

While in the west they'll buy her ice cream to calm her down.

194 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by RZArecta2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
One car I can understand, maybe two but TEN ? I don’t understand the level of negligence both parents will have to be on not to notice their child thereby giving her enough time to scratch ten cars cool

366 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by movingclouds(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
Se Omo le leyi abi Chinko?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by tillaman(m): 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2019
THE little girl must be possessed abi why can’t she stop at car number 3, e get as e be sha, but those dealers wan cash out on top the issue sha, they can’t sell the cars as new again once it is resprayed Even with same colour?

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by tck2000(m): 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
chai

7 Likes

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by emeijeh(m): 11:47pm On Dec 21, 2019
Village people child from and by village people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by timifakay(m): 2:28am On Dec 22, 2019
Oga Nurey come see something
Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by DAVE5(m): 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
tillaman:
THE little girl must be possessed abi why can’t she stop at car number 3, e get as e be sha, but those dealers wan cash out on top the issue sha, they can’t sell the cars as new again once it is resprayed Even with same colour?

I was going to argue why the dad would be billed outrageously but then I read n saw reasons with the dealership, Funny as it may sound in reality I don’t think those cars cld be sold as new once they’re resprayed and the cost of selling them wld reduce astronomically, the dealership looses tons of thousands

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by DAVE5(m): 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
RZArecta2:
One car I can understand, maybe two but TEN ? I don’t understand the level of negligence both parents will have to be on not to notice their child thereby giving her enough time to scratch ten cars cool

As in ehn, the parents suppose chop slaps for their negligence...

I really can’t judge the dealership for this cos they’re in business to make profit n dis wld definitely drive their profit margin down the drains

But they cld have played charity n sold the cars “as is” if the damages were so bad nah, probably inform intending buyers, u know; save the girl's dad cost

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by tillaman(m): 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2019
DAVE5:

I was going to argue why the dad would be billed outrageously but then I read n saw reasons with the dealership, Funny as it may sound in reality I don’t think those cars cld be sold as new once they’re resprayed and the cost of selling them wld reduce astronomically, the dealership looses tons of thousands
who is going to tell them unfortunate buyers ?? They can just sell to the buyers at the value of a new one since it’s going to be resprayed by the manufacturers!! Just curious though or is it that it will be visible it was resprayed?

3 Likes

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by RZArecta2(m): 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
DAVE5:

As in ehn, the parents suppose chop slaps for their negligence...

I really can’t judge the dealership for this cos they’re in business to make profit n dis wld definitely drive their profit margin down the drains

But they cld have played charity n sold the cars as is if the damages were so bad nah, probably inform intending buyers, u know; save the girl's dad cost
dealership not charity organization. They have rents, bills and salaries to pay. The parents have to take responsibility for their carelessness as nobody send dem message

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by rentAcock(m): 6:57am On Dec 23, 2019
Is it not a curse to pay for cars you did not even drive for one day? But then again, it is their responsibility as parents to watch and guard their children at all times. If they were Nigerian parents, the child will receive beating every weekend until she turns 21.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by helinues: 6:58am On Dec 23, 2019
Good boy

That's what the dealers will call the boy as long as his parents paid for the damages
Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by Mopolchi: 6:58am On Dec 23, 2019
Na waa... 3.6m for just scratch. Pipu wicked! angry
Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by davillian(m): 6:59am On Dec 23, 2019
Some children knows how to put someone inside gbese.

3 Likes

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 23, 2019
See Gobe

meanwhile....

New 500gb External drive +Current Movies, series ,cartoon etc are available check signature for more info
Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by Muhylonaire(m): 6:59am On Dec 23, 2019
Lol... To say na Nigerian Dad, Shingbain una no fit collect from am grin grin
Las las, we go apologize wink

3 Likes

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by buygala(m): 7:00am On Dec 23, 2019
This is the consequence of not beating kids angry..... Spare the rod and spoil the child

A child born and brought up in Nigeria cannot even try this.... His or her brain would have been reset with slaps, head knocks, koboko and slippers grin

When the child remembers what he or she suffered at the hand of mummy just for refusing to eat, dem no born am well make e go near new car talk less of to scratch am

I remember my mum that year..... Just one wicked side-eye from her to me and all my dubious intentions will fly out the window grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by omoadeleye(m): 7:00am On Dec 23, 2019
The daughter self na messenger of the devil.

1 Like

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by luminouz(m): 7:00am On Dec 23, 2019
For naija, na to arrange better beating give the girl for house.
Some might even label her a witch grin

4 Likes

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by TRIGITIS: 7:01am On Dec 23, 2019
Sirmuel1:
It's easy to get loans in China. He might be asked to pay the fees with 10-20yrs.
That's not the point though.

5 Likes

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by Cantonese: 7:02am On Dec 23, 2019
If I flog that child "my God" must show for her body. Infact na house she go dey. No school fees for 15 years.

2 Likes

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by englishmart(m): 7:02am On Dec 23, 2019
I won't pay o. Hold the child responsible since you guys are inconsiderate

2 Likes

Re: Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis by sleek82(m): 7:03am On Dec 23, 2019
obafemee80:

https://autojosh.com/dad-forced-to-pay-₦3-6m-after-3-year-old-daughter-scratched-10-brand-new-audis-at-dealership/
please remove that last paragraph..."lucky dad"?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? / Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.