Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? (18817 Views)

First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto / Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis / Fit-Car PPV: The World's First Pedal-Powered Car (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by obafemee80(m): 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2019

I know some of us in Nigeria are ready to embrace the electric car revolution despite the high cost of getting one and the unavailability of electric car charging stations across the country.

But what if you could just convert your petrol/diesel powered car into an electric car?

French startup Transition-One says it can do it for only $9,500 (₦3.4 million) — in fact, you can get a subsidy for a converted car that works out to around $5,600 if you are based in France.

Transition-One founder says:
"I'm selling to people who can't afford a brand new 20,000-euro electric car,"

"We're turning the best-selling models across Europe into electric cars."

The first prototype, a 2009 Renault Twingo that has an electric driving range of 180 kilometers, is fitted with electric motors and three packs of batteries on the front of the car and two on the site where the gas tank normally sits.

And complete conversion from a traditional fuel powered car to an electric vehicle takes less than a day. The original gearshift and gearbox are left untouched while the electrical socket is installed where the gas cap would originally have been.

The first models the startup want to explore includes Renault Twingo II, Fiat 500, Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, Toyota Aygo and Volkswagen Polo.

Would You Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric One If The Company Comes To Nigeria?

https://autojosh.com/would-you-pay-n3-4m-to-convert-your-petrol-diesel-powered-vehicle-into-an-electric-car/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by tillaman(m): 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
Gladly!!!
It’s a great innovation for the rich folks!!with that 3.4 million I can sell my car and add it to buy my dream bimma!!

12 Likes

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Larryfest(m): 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
In naija, God forbid....where person go see the electricity charge am naa

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by TRYGO(m): 11:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
If the cash is there, y not?! As long as I would still have my horse power intact, like you'd have on a Tesla model S.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 27, 2019
Just be ready to buy a 1.2M mikano generator for charging.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by ValCon888: 10:09am On Aug 27, 2019
In this country?
I will do it if I can power the car through witchcraft.

Let me fly outta here.

12 Likes

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Wuuworld(m): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2019
We never charge phone finish na car we wan start?.

20 Likes

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by HisMajesty1(m): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2019
Let's face it, electric cars are not going to be a major reality in Nigeria any time soon... The transition will be S-L-O-W.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Nbote(m): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2019
What shall it profit me to convert my petrol car to electric car only for me to buy generator dat uses petrol to charge d electric car? Dat is called Penis wise, palmwine foolish...

171 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Wallade(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2019
No!

1 Like

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by EdiAbali: 10:11am On Aug 27, 2019
Why not buy the electric car instead of converting
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by money121(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2019
No
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by freemanbubble: 10:11am On Aug 27, 2019
Okay
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by nototribalist: 10:11am On Aug 27, 2019
for this, Nigeria problem is increasing and coming closer and closer
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Timmy301(m): 10:12am On Aug 27, 2019
For this Nigeria?
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by kereman1: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2019
Which light person wan use charge am?

I'll rather pay that sum to convert my car to solar powered car.
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Britishcoins(m): 10:13am On Aug 27, 2019
My problem is not the money to pay for the service but how to get electricity and big century stabilizer that will even accelerate the voltage if the light even come on its weekly basis.
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 27, 2019
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by iHart(m): 10:13am On Aug 27, 2019
In Europe, North America, Asia, yes. In Nigeria, a very big and capital NO. At least for now

4 Likes

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by BlueAir: 10:13am On Aug 27, 2019
I will definitely pay. Na to buy big gen for the car and know my budget monthly
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Lexusgs430: 10:13am On Aug 27, 2019
We go fit use powerbank charge am ?

7 Likes

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by slaypapa: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2019
No! The money alone is enough for petrol
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Simplyleo: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2019
GreenWhiteGreen:
Lol.

I just quoted and discovered the comment has been modified undecided

Of course I know why grin

The Mikano gen requires fuel.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2019
cry where's the electricity?
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by ikombe: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2019
Contact me for your Gym and Exercise equipment both Home and Commercial Use

check my signature and profile for more info.

Delivery Within Lagos. Waybill outside lagos.
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by bigx(m): 10:14am On Aug 27, 2019
Cheaper than a Tesla why not
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by betterpikinn: 10:15am On Aug 27, 2019
That's very FOOLISH

Battery is not a reliable source of energy.

See all these solar inverters and even phone batteries, you can only enjoy them for some time when they are new.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by EsquireDD(f): 10:15am On Aug 27, 2019
Why should I even think about that
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Willbillwill: 10:15am On Aug 27, 2019
So I'll be driving with generator in my car, I'll rather buy a second car.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2013 Nissan Altima VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord (Pics), What Is Your Pick? / Dubai Plans To Introduce Flying Drone Taxis By July (video) / 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.