Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

How They Hack Your Details - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How They Hack Your Details (52438 Views)

Survival Fund: New Method Fraudsters Use To Hack Your Account / Shocking:How These Criminals, Hack Your Bank Account Using Your BVN, Exposed / Blue Water Boys Hack Accounts With Voters' Card, Drivers' Licence, Debit Alerts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Ryan03(f): 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
shocked shocked

Is it your clicking?? Why are you telling us? Why cant you mind your bleeping business? Only fools fear scammers, or hackers. Mind your business OP and stop posting crap
na them, he pain am. Lol, nor go find work o

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Hack Your Details by DECLAN2015(m): 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
shigo1991:
Dont have more than 1 ATM card and dont leave your Sms alert on your phone, YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE 90PERCENT save if you follow this.

check my signature

I think having one ATM card is the best but different account
Re: How They Hack Your Details by Afamed: 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

It just takes your credit that is all.......no hacking
You are 100% correct

1 Like

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Openbusiness: 12:08pm On Jan 11, 2020
chukzyfcbb:

Just so you know, A well knowledged attacker will bypass your antivirus if he wants to.

Another thing is how often do you update the antivirus.

But just so you know it can be bypassed by a well knowledged attacker smiley
No malware can bypass my antivirus and no hacker can hack my phone, because I use the best "hackers" in the world to protect it (Bit Defender, Kaspersky, AVG, Norton etc). But what do most people do? They just download rubbish antivirus tools from unknown companies from the apps store, apps that themselves are compromised.
Re: How They Hack Your Details by Derring: 12:08pm On Jan 11, 2020
Mostdetailed:

Something is very fishy with the staff of first bank (FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA). I had similar experience with first bank last year November that caused me to block my account with them. Someone called me with my details as you have just described. He told me that he noticed some errors in my details with them and wanted to confirm the details, and that I should not access my account, as my account will not be functional for some hours until they rectify it. He was reeling out my details until it got to the part where he wanted me to confirm my ATM pin. I intentionally called the wrong pin from the start up, he became frustrated and started shouting on the phone. Gbam, I booted off to the bank.

Customers details are with the banks, and one fraudulent staff can easily take advantage of these details to cause great havoc.

Banks should ensure a higher level of security for customers details.

Thank God you didn't fall for it.

6 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Afamed: 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
ngwababe:
Hmmm no 10. I have been missing some calls from Uganda and Austria grin grin grin
Don't try to flash or call back. It takes away your credit without saying a jack

1 Like

Re: How They Hack Your Details by PotatoSalad(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
That's correct, but most people mistake spoofing for cloning. You can spoof an email address but you can not clone it. There will always be something different between the original and the fake email addresses! cool cool
I can spot a fake email from miles away

2 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Derring: 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
Psoul:

My brother, these ppl are everywhere. Knowledge and information is power.

As for internal Bank staff helping the criminals, you may be correct but I have a different opinion on that.
I will blame our banks for this fraud. Their hiring and firing system has created this.
How can bank be hiring and be firing at will most of their core staff. ICT Staff and those that know most secrets of the banking software.

These ppl will be sacked even with little or no pre information and most times not based on criminal involvements. When they go home and stay for a while without money and food, they will sell out their knowledge to the criminals on our streets.
These ppl know where the software have loopholes and also how to manipulate it. When they form team with the criminals, the result is what we are seeing today.
The bank Ex Staff are really working with the criminals.

Yes our banking system is very very bad bro

2 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
Mostdetailed:

Something is very fishy with the staff of first bank (FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA). I had similar experience with first bank last year November that caused me to block my account with them. Someone called me with my details as you have just described. He told me that he noticed some errors in my details with them and wanted to confirm the details, and that I should not access my account, as my account will not be functional for some hours until they rectify it. He was reeling out my details until it got to the part where he wanted me to confirm my ATM pin. I intentionally called the wrong pin from the start up, he became frustrated and started shouting on the phone. Gbam, I booted off to the bank.

Customers details are with the banks, and one fraudulent staff can easily take advantage of these details to cause great havoc.

Banks should ensure a higher level of security for customers details.
Like you know.. I have received many of such calls saying they are calling from first bank.

They told me my name, date of birth, and he was asking me if I have my ATM card with me. I should call out the numbers

When I called him a foolish scammer he started insulting me oo saying foolish girl, ashawo like mother like daughter.

I am suspecting that some staffs of first bank are very dubious. They are the ones releasing customers information to these scammers

5 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by PotatoSalad(m): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:

No malware can bypass my antivirus and no hacker can hack my phone, because I use the best "hackers" in the world to protect it (Bit Defender, Kaspersky, AVG, Norton etc). But what do most people do? They just download rubbish antivirus tools from unknown companies from the apps store, apps that themselves are compromised.
Using antivirus on phone? grin
You just need upto date Google security patch, be in the latest Android version and watch permissions while installing a new app.

All those antivirus whatever only slows down your phone.

6 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by DanDeeBoss(m): 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
Same way one mumu Mr Francis called me ( even from his number, I knew he was a scammer)......he gave me almost all details of my bank account ( D.O.B, bvn number, phone number ....), told me to read my card numbers to him lol....... And that I should give him my current pin to update my account .........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Hedonisco: 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
PotatoSalad:

You can't clone an email address na.
I get phishing mails from PayPal thieves all the time. I just check the address and delete the mail

You can indeed clone an email address (spoofing). The exact email address would appear in the 'from' field. The only thing is that you can't use same email to receive messages.

1 Like

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Daddy46: 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Even if the sender is @efcc.com it’s still a scam

Efcc won’t send such email
let them come by their self don't open or download even fake effcc dey ooooo

1 Like

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Phishing.
Nothing new.
See this fool grin

Rada'rada!
Not even with proper English!

1 Like

Re: How They Hack Your Details by OdefaGirl(f): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
shocked shocked

Is it your clicking?? Why are you telling us? Why cant you mind your bleeping business? Only fools fear scammers, or hackers. Mind your business OP and stop posting crap

Shut up!! Hacker.

5 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
Adiwana:

Antivirus doesn't do much. Some malware execute themselves and put themselves into exclusion lists so your antivirus cannot detect it

Smile!
100% fact and valid truth.

4 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by PotatoSalad(m): 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
Oluwadamilare118:

Rada'rada!
Not even with proper English!
Called the fool to rain insults on him but the fool's number was on call divert grin

3 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by PotatoSalad(m): 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2020
Adiwana:

Antivirus doesn't do much. Some malware execute themselves and put themselves into exclusion lists so your antivirus cannot detect it
The antivirus must be disabled temporary for such malware to compromise it.
Happens when people want to install cracked software.
Re: How They Hack Your Details by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Called the fool to rain insults on him but the fool's number was on call divert grin

Imagine.

I do receive several calls and messages, do always laugh at them.

Some cannot even speak accurate English, and try and ask an intelligent question, they will always counter it with another question(s) if possible.

1 Like

Re: How They Hack Your Details by fkj950ax(m): 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
livebyday:
Okay Hello All
10. Also if you get repeated flashing form +235 +233 +232 or some.number in the West Indies and such please don't call back..

What happens if I return the call?
Can they compromise my phone via voice?
Re: How They Hack Your Details by Keziehenry(m): 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
Re: How They Hack Your Details by Keziehenry(m): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2020
I have been getting missed calls even by 4 am from these numbers +9609088530 , +959670116859 and +959672610884. can someone help me with info on who they are cos atimes when I pick all they do is to end d call

1 Like

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Omalichabby(f): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2020
Thank you
Re: How They Hack Your Details by chukzyfcbb: 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:

Lool, Jon snow you know nothing smiley
I don't want to start talking about signature based detection vs anomaly based detection, or what obfuscation means.

But then don't argue what you have lil knowledge on. Just know that your antivirus can by bypassed.

2 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by alezzy13: 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
Derring:

@ 1:30pm yesterday I got a phone call from 08148292037 who claimed to be Mr Benjamin from FBN Abuja. He gave my full names, BVN number, Date of Birth, my Alert phone number, which he called, also the 5 digit number I used to create my FBN mobile bank app.
He said that one Mr Usman created a Union bank account, and is trying to move money from my FBN account to the Union bank. He claimed he stopped the transaction, & is trying to verify if I authorised such transaction, which is the reason I have not gotten any debit Alert.
I asked him to go ahead to block the transaction, for I didn't authorise any online transaction.
He then asked if I gave my ATM card to anyone or used my ATM recently, I said NO. He then asked if I have my ATM card with me, that I should read out the ATM digit numbers to enable him stop the transaction. I told him that he had already stopped the transaction, and have gotten a clarification from me, which is enough to enable him block whatever that needs blocking, if he is truly a first bank staff.
As I refused to call out the numbers, he then asked isn't the first number 5. He then asked what's the next number. I told him that I will never read out my number to who claimed to be FBN over the phone, that I will rather go to the First Bank office & complain. He asked me if he is a ghost or not a FBN staff to get all my details.
As I pissed him off by not budging in, he switched off the phone.
As I checked a message on that my Alert phone, there was already a message from Union Bank, showing Account opening Authentication numbers 872395, 973392.
I quickly rushed to FBN. The Customer care personnel asked me not to bother about anything, so long as I didn't read out those numbers to him nor gave my ATM pin.

NB Please be guided people, it is so real & convincing that I believe some Fraudulent bank staff connive with these HOOLIGANS to dupe innocent customers. Please share widely ASAP.
I have shared you can save someone by sharing.

Na wa oooo! sad shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Boiz are not smiling at all

2 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by bekpo(m): 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
shocked shocked

One of them sported!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Arrested In Ogun For ‘raping’ And Impregnating Lover’s Daughter (pic) / Lagos Alfa Rapes 29-Year-Old Virgin Student, Wipes Her Blood With Handkerchief / Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.