Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,022 members, 7,828,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

How They Hack Your Details - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How They Hack Your Details (52427 Views)

Survival Fund: New Method Fraudsters Use To Hack Your Account / Shocking:How These Criminals, Hack Your Bank Account Using Your BVN, Exposed / Blue Water Boys Hack Accounts With Voters' Card, Drivers' Licence, Debit Alerts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Gariki: 11:34am On Jan 11, 2020
grin
Re: How They Hack Your Details by Tenshades(m): 11:34am On Jan 11, 2020
Derring:

@ 1:30pm yesterday I got a phone call from 08148292037 who claimed to be Mr Benjamin from FBN Abuja. He gave my full names, BVN number, Date of Birth, my Alert phone number, which he called, also the 5 digit number I used to create my FBN mobile bank app.
He said that one Mr Usman created a Union bank account, and is trying to move money from my FBN account to the Union bank. He claimed he stopped the transaction, & is trying to verify if I authorised such transaction, which is the reason I have not gotten any debit Alert.
I asked him to go ahead to block the transaction, for I didn't authorise any online transaction.
He then asked if I gave my ATM card to anyone or used my ATM recently, I said NO. He then asked if I have my ATM card with me, that I should read out the ATM digit numbers to enable him stop the transaction. I told him that he had already stopped the transaction, and have gotten a clarification from me, which is enough to enable him block whatever that needs blocking, if he is truly a first bank staff.
As I refused to call out the numbers, he then asked isn't the first number 5. He then asked what's the next number. I told him that I will never read out my number to who claimed to be FBN over the phone, that I will rather go to the First Bank office & complain. He asked me if he is a ghost or not a FBN staff to get all my details.
As I pissed him off by not budging in, he switched off the phone.
As I checked a message on that my Alert phone, there was already a message from Union Bank, showing Account opening Authentication numbers 872395, 973392.
I quickly rushed to FBN. The Customer care personnel asked me not to bother about anything, so long as I didn't read out those numbers to him nor gave my ATM pin.

NB Please be guided people, it is so real & convincing that I believe some Fraudulent bank staff connive with these HOOLIGANS to dupe innocent customers. Please share widely ASAP.
I have shared you can save someone by sharing.

You're right. A retired principal in my neighborhood fell fully for the trick and his little pension was moved out of his account.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How They Hack Your Details by PotatoSalad(m): 11:35am On Jan 11, 2020
Phishing.
Nothing new.
See this fool grin

7 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Difrent: 11:36am On Jan 11, 2020
livebyday:
Okay Hello All

This thread was created in response to a scam post in which @ Nostradamus tagged me. My condolences to the victim but here's the reality

Investigation and tracking costs huge funds, now except you are a family members unfortunately these amounts are too negligible for any serious agency to get bothered with had it been you where scammed of very large amounts then it's a different case. Hence most victims are stuck with the NPF as the only platform for assistance. I think if I recall the EFCC only get involved when it's 5 million upwards.

Here's a few pointers to other members

1. If you get an sms from a website asking you to click or visit or register please do not click except you where in the process of setting up some sort of profile online and they sent you a code via SMS.

2. These scam sms will come in form of konga.com, davido.com, lol.com, kok.com ,
Or your package has been shipped, or an SMS from Amazon when you know you didn't make a purchase or wining codes and bet tips . Infact last week there was this syndicate who send out sms to victims with Koran verses and links to online readings , this is how smart these criminals have become!.

3. Why do they do this? Once you click the links your phone has been compromised, they will view every single sms you send or receive, they will view every single password you enter on your phone and they will read all your WhatsApp Facebook and any instant.messenger chats on your phone. Any password you enter on your phone they will get it ...hence why you hear people cry that their WhatsApp of Facebook was hacked and they frankly can't remember ever sharing details or logging in anywhere else but their phone.

4. So to be safe once you get such sms don't open them just delete them...infact there have been cases where they use this system for kidnappings and ransome withdrawals.

5. Never I repeat never share your mobile number carelessly!!

6. Becareful the websites where you enter your number for registration, if you have a second number that you don't use for financial transactions use that one.imstead.

7. Very important: the number you use for Bank transfers , please never use it in an internet enabled phone, better purchase a feature phone like Nokia torch that has no internet facility, so if by error your child clicks the sms they can't get your data except you dare connect online. Like my main banking number is in an old.school Nokia 3310 while my other numbers are in smart phones.

8. Irrespective of your os Android or Apple this hackers can get all your information, and it cannot be patched because the same system used in tracking BOKOHARAM and kidnappers is what they have gotten and now use for fraud.

9. Don't be too alarmed as just follow the safety tips I shared and you should be relatively safe

10. Also if you get repeated flashing form +235 +233 +232 or some.number in the West Indies and such please don't call back..

I hope this post helps someone .. I know the criminals won't like this but surely and slowly we closing in on you guys. grin

Thanks for the Tips.
Think No. 10 has happened to someone I know, she gets flashes from +233 whenever she calls back all her call credits get wiped off, she got wise after calling back thrice thinking it was someone abroad she knows

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Ninokingz1(m): 11:37am On Jan 11, 2020
[quote author=livebyday post=85118599]Okay Hello All

This thread was created in response to a scam post in which @ Nostradamus tagged me. My condolences to the victim but here's the reality

Investigation and tracking costs huge funds, now except you are a family members unfortunately these amounts are too negligible for any serious agency to get bothered with had it been you where scammed of very large amounts then it's a different case. Hence most victims are stuck with the NPF as the only platform for assistance. I think if I recall the EFCC only get involved when it's 5 million upwards.

1. If you get an sms from a website asking you to click or visit or register please do not click except you where in the process of setting up some sort of profile online and they sent you a code via SMS.

2. These scam sms will come in form of konga.com, davido.com, lol.com, kok.com ,
Or your package has been shipped, or an SMS from Amazon when you know you didn't make a purchase or wining codes and bet tips . Infact last week there was this syndicate who send out sms to victims with Koran verses and links to online readings , this is how smart these criminals have become!.

3. Why do they do this? Once you click the links your phone has been compromised, they will view every single sms you send or receive, they will view every single password you enter on your phone and they will read all your WhatsApp Facebook and any instant.messenger chats on your phone. Any password you enter on your phone they will get it ...hence why you hear people cry that their WhatsApp of Facebook was hacked and they frankly can't remember ever sharing details or logging in anywhere else but their phone.

4. So to be safe once you get such sms don't open them just delete them...infact there have been cases where they use this system for kidnappings and ransome withdrawals.

6. Becareful the websites where you enter your number for registration, if you have a second number that you don't use for financial transactions use that one.imstead.

7. Very important: the number you use for Bank transfers , please never use it in an internet enabled phone, better purchase a feature phone like Nokia torch that has no internet facility, so if by error your child clicks the sms they can't get your data except you dare connect online. Like my main banking number is in an old.school Nokia 3310 while my other numbers are in smart phones.

8. Irrespective of your os Android or Apple this hackers can get all your information, and it cannot be patched because the same system used in tracking BOKOHARAM and kidnappers is what they have gotten and now use for fraud.

9. Don't be too alarmed as just follow the safety tips I shared and you should be relatively safe

10. Also if you get repeated flashing form +235 +233 +232 or some.number in the West Indies and such please don't call back..

I hope this post helps someone .. I know the criminals won't like this but surely and slowly we closing in on you guys.

My dear a great thanks to you for this information. The No10 happened to me this morning. I did pick up so I don't know what's next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How They Hack Your Details by 500vastabilizer: 11:38am On Jan 11, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

Download avg antivirus on your phone and it will scan any malware or spyware ......U can also download VPN for 20 box a year......dem no born the hacker
Most Android phones have their own antivirus software, downloading extra ones will bug your phone resources. And you don't need to pay for vpn cos most phones come with one just needs activation but you can download this free one that am using.

Re: How They Hack Your Details by PotatoSalad(m): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2020
Hedonisco:

Even if the sender's address domain was @efcc.com.ng , it could have still easily been a spoof/clone.

Alarm bells should always ring in your head when you are asked to download anything.
You can't clone an email address na.
I get phishing mails from PayPal thieves all the time. I just check the address and delete the mail

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Mryacks: 11:39am On Jan 11, 2020
livebyday:
Okay Hello All

I hope this post helps someone .. I know the criminals won't like this but surely and slowly we closing in on you guys. grin

Very kind of you to have shared this. Highly educative!

2 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Derring: 11:39am On Jan 11, 2020
[quote author=Tenshades post=85700084]

You're right. A retired principal in my neighborhood fell fully for the trick and his little pension was moved out of his account. [/quotel]

Too bad for the old man.

2 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by SOFTENGR: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2020
500vastabilizer:
Na so davido send me message ooo
I wan send the maga sango thunder but
"Funke Akindele" once sent me message, promising me I phone 6. I just laughed at the scammer grin

5 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Dididrumz(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2020
Nice
Re: How They Hack Your Details by GeneralPula: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2020
Nah dumb people dey fall for all this kind scam!

I guess this is another reason why iPhone good cuz me never see all this kind senseless scam message for once...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Hack Your Details by TRUSTEDGUY: 11:41am On Jan 11, 2020
Thanks for the educative message. Only God knows how many innocent people have become their victims. Please it will help if you have anything or experience to share.

2 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 11, 2020
dominique:
My husband recently got an email from EFCC saying that his attention is needed at their office in Abuja but first he needs to download an attachment and fill a form to bring there. That's enough to rattle anybody and open the attachment to see what the accusation is all about. I told him to check the sender's address, if it's not xyx@efcc.com.ng the it's most likely hackers at work. The attachment was neither word nor excel nor pdf or any file I'm familiar with. Not under any circumstances should you download any strange attachment sent to your mail especially if the sender's address is not one you're familiar with. Job seekers mostly fall into this trap when they hastily click on strange attachments to download application forms. Some of these attachments contain dangerous malware that compromises your phone/computer. Stay woke people
This is serious. Well calculated strategy. It is like receiving email from FBI or CIA. The receiver's heart starts pumping fast. Even Jesus' heart would pump faster. Lol. Thank God you were there to calm him before he opened the file. Anyone can be caught in it. I was a victim. Now, i am a solid rock they can never beat.

4 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Badonasty(m): 11:43am On Jan 11, 2020
Somebody as been trying to hack my Facebook since last week....I just thank God that it’s always logged on on my phone

2 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by frugal(m): 11:45am On Jan 11, 2020
livebyday:
Okay Hello All

This is far-fetched. That's not even remotely possible. Is that how unsecured mobile OS' have become? You'd have to give permission for such to happen, not just by clicking links. I'd like to see a sample of these links that automatically take over your phone when clicked. shocked

4 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Ninokingz1(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2020
Is it your clicking?? Why are you telling us? Why cant you mind your bleeping business? Only fools fear scammers, or hackers. Mind your business OP and stop posting crap.

One of them spoted @OP. Repent before it becomes late.

6 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Smellingrillmea: 11:46am On Jan 11, 2020
500vastabilizer:

Most Android phones have their own antivirus software, downloading extra ones will bug your phone resources. And you don't need to pay for vpn cos most phones come with one just needs activation but you can download this free one that am using.

Bruh you can't compare the two.......avg is free and better than the one u re using u can see avg has over 100 million downloads to ur 5 million....
And yes VPN is like 20 box a year with avg not a bad
price

NB ...I use a note 10 plus it has it's own antivirus but avg comes with me everywere.....even scans ur wifi
Re: How They Hack Your Details by chikeze(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

It just takes your credit that is all.......no hacking
You very correct. This happened to me on one or two occasion. I was wondering where all my credit went? Thanks
Re: How They Hack Your Details by Didijiji: 11:49am On Jan 11, 2020
Some of the so called criminals are on the forum and reading comments.

Bunch of cursed thieves

5 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Mostdetailed(f): 11:50am On Jan 11, 2020
Derring:

@ 1:30pm yesterday I got a phone call from 08148292037 who claimed to be Mr Benjamin from FBN Abuja. He gave my full names, BVN number, Date of Birth, my Alert phone number, which he called, also the 5 digit number I used to create my FBN mobile bank app.
He said that one Mr Usman created a Union bank account, and is trying to move money from my FBN account to the Union bank. He claimed he stopped the transaction, & is trying to verify if I authorised such transaction, which is the reason I have not gotten any debit Alert.
I asked him to go ahead to block the transaction, for I didn't authorise any online transaction.
He then asked if I gave my ATM card to anyone or used my ATM recently, I said NO. He then asked if I have my ATM card with me, that I should read out the ATM digit numbers to enable him stop the transaction. I told him that he had already stopped the transaction, and have gotten a clarification from me, which is enough to enable him block whatever that needs blocking, if he is truly a first bank staff.
As I refused to call out the numbers, he then asked isn't the first number 5. He then asked what's the next number. I told him that I will never read out my number to who claimed to be FBN over the phone, that I will rather go to the First Bank office & complain. He asked me if he is a ghost or not a FBN staff to get all my details.
As I checked a message on that my Alert phone, there was already a message from Union Bank, showing Account opening Authentication numbers 872395, 973392.
I quickly rushed to FBN. The Customer care personnel asked me not to bother about anything, so long as I didn't read out those numbers to him nor gave my ATM pin.

NB Please be guided people, it is so real & convincing that I believe some Fraudulent bank staff connive with these HOOLIGANS to dupe innocent customers. Please share widely ASAP.

Something is very fishy with the staff of first bank (FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA). I had similar experience with first bank last year November that caused me to block my account with them. Someone called me with my details as you have just described. He told me that he noticed some errors in my details with them and wanted to confirm the details, and that I should not access my account, as my account will not be functional for some hours until they rectify it. He was reeling out my details until it got to the part where he wanted me to confirm my ATM pin. I intentionally called the wrong pin from the start up, he became frustrated and started shouting on the phone. Gbam, I booted off to the bank.

Customers details are with the banks, and one fraudulent staff can easily take advantage of these details to cause great havoc.

Banks should ensure a higher level of security for customers details.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Uzomacharles: 11:51am On Jan 11, 2020
Trust nobody even EFCC

1 Like

Re: How They Hack Your Details by ngwababe(f): 11:51am On Jan 11, 2020
Hmmm no 10. I have been missing some calls from Uganda and Austria grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 11, 2020
PotatoSalad:

You can't clone an email address na.
I get phishing mails from PayPal thieves all the time. I just check the address and delete the mail
That's correct, but most people mistake spoofing for cloning. You can spoof an email address but you can not clone it. There will always be something different between the original and the fake email addresses! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: How They Hack Your Details by mxhibit(m): 11:53am On Jan 11, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
shocked shocked

Is it your clicking?? Why are you telling us? Why cant you mind your bleeping business? Only fools fear scammers, or hackers. Mind your business OP and stop posting crap
It's so glaring you are part of those scamming people. Get a life and stop all these devilish acts. Eating someone's sweat will surely turn ur stomach one day, I bet you. That day dey come...we go gather see the headline for Nairaland here and we'll be glad to comment either ''Jail them'' or ''R.I.P''.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Openbusiness: 11:55am On Jan 11, 2020
Smh, Nigerians with their fear fear! Just install a credible antivirus like Norton, AVG, Bit Defender or Kapersky on your phone and computer, put them on maximum security settings and you'll be fine cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Timileyin1234(m): 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
If anyone sends me msg I will open it
Re: How They Hack Your Details by Psoul(m): 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
Derring:

My brother, these ppl are everywhere. Knowledge and information is power.

As for internal Bank staff helping the criminals, you may be correct but I have a different opinion on that.
I will blame our banks for this fraud. Their hiring and firing system has created this.
How can bank be hiring and be firing at will most of their core staff. ICT Staff and those that know most secrets of the banking software.

These ppl will be sacked even with little or no pre information and most times not based on criminal involvements. When they go home and stay for a while without money and food, they will sell out their knowledge to the criminals on our streets.
These ppl know where the software have loopholes and also how to manipulate it. When they form team with the criminals, the result is what we are seeing today.
The bank Ex Staff are really working with the criminals.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Hack Your Details by chukzyfcbb: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Smh, Nigerians with their fear fear! Just install a credible antivirus like Norton, AVG, Bit Defender or Kapersky on your phone and computer, put them on maximum security settings and you'll be fine cheesy
Just so you know, A well knowledged attacker will bypass your antivirus if he wants to.

Another thing is how often do you update the antivirus.

But just so you know it can be bypassed by a well knowledged attacker smiley

1 Like

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Adiwana: 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
They use Email Vector attacks. Use a secure mail service like Gmail.It usually filters all that rubbish and move it into the spam folders so that you will not see it. Below is an attached screenshot of an example of what they send.

When I have time ,I will download and reverse Engineer whatever the rubbish they sent to see exactly what type of Malware/RAT they send

1 Share

Re: How They Hack Your Details by Adiwana: 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:

Antivirus doesn't do much. Some malware execute themselves and put themselves into exclusion lists so your antivirus cannot detect it

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Businessmen Shot Dead In Nkpor, Anambra (Photos) / Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me / Sisters Use Sex Video With Reverend Father To Blackmail Nun (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.