Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List (25599 Views)

Court Okays Jumbo Pensions For Ex-Governors. Lawyers, CSOs Kick / Only 5 States Paying N30,000 Minimum Wage – NLC / 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by jamace(m): 9:14am On Dec 22, 2019
Those governors will all come to judgement at the appropriate time. Its just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by thundafire: 9:36am On Dec 22, 2019
Kogi always in dey news for wrong reasons

1 Like

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by omohayek: 9:49am On Dec 22, 2019
snowball11:
It was signed into law by former governor Bola Tinubu at the twilight of his tenure in 2007.

Yes,......the okpolo-eyed kleptomania knew what he signed back then! To think that Lagosian celebrate this thing rather than hung him right at his balls, amazes me!
Yes, Tinubu is a brazen thief, but he wouldn't enjoy half the support he currently does if so many of the people who attack him weren't obviously motivated by tribalistic bitterness about GEJ's defeat - and it is obvious that they are driven primarily by tribalism because they never have anything similarly vicious to say about GEJ and his band of merry thieves.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by loswhite(m): 9:55am On Dec 22, 2019
Abdul3391:
what of the one we are paying ex presidents in this country.
Buhari is still collecting pension since 1985
we must always have one idiot normally...lol

1 Like

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by CSTR2: 10:00am On Dec 22, 2019
nototribalist:
Guys please if you have the opportunity to leave this country call Nigeria do it don't let anyone drag you back.

National Assembly renovation N39 billion

Road construction for the whole country N28 billion

Education sector N37 billion
It is a shame.
Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by CSTR2: 10:01am On Dec 22, 2019
omohayek:

Yes, Tinubu is a brazen thief, but he wouldn't enjoy half the support he currently does if so many of the people who attack him weren't obviously motivated by tribalistic bitterness about GEJ's defeat - and it is obvious that they are driven primarily by tribalism because they never have anything similarly vicious to say about GEJ and his band of merry thieves.
Your support does not change the fact that tinubu is a brazen thief eating your future.

He is more corrupt than kalu, but igbos are sensible enough not to support a crook.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by isaacprinz(m): 10:04am On Dec 22, 2019
Do I say Cross River is trying, because I can't find them at the top.
Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2019
post=85120745:

This must be reduced drastically or stopped outrightly.
Waste of taxpayer's money.
This is one, out of the many rubbish laws that PMB must removed from our coustitution.
Laws made by criminals since 1999 to enrich themselves alone.

Increasing the minimum wage and maintaining it, is what all states should be concerned about now.
God bless PMB for that.

A New and better Nigeria we want,
A New and better Nigeria we must have.

God bless Nigeria.
My friend keep quiet there. This was not made by any criminal in 1999. Stop trying to shift it to your fellow pdp stealing party...did you not read where the write up said tinubu was the first governor to sign such laws in the country at the twilight of his tenure? Anyway what can I say? you are blinded by your apc...

Like I said don't say a word...just keep quiet and pass after reading...nonsense...

4 Likes

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by tiredoflife(m): 10:23am On Dec 22, 2019
With all the money Tinubu keeps stealing
This man only reminds me of Egyptian pharaoh
They carry riches to their graves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by KIDfurniture(m): 10:40am On Dec 22, 2019
No listen to this one oh.. travel abroad for fun oh. Make sure u get ur share of the national cake before u embark on any journey. There is money in Nigeria. I will live like a king in Nigeria not as a third class citizen in another country.

nototribalist:
Guys please if you have the opportunity to leave this country call Nigeria do it don't let anyone drag you back.

National Assembly renovation N39 billion

Road construction for the whole country N28 billion

Education sector N37 billion
Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by itsene: 10:47am On Dec 22, 2019
Consider the alternative.
Do we want ex-officials looking for work or contracts after leaving office. As a nation traumatized, we are too angry to think clearly and fairly. Always after a pound of flesh!
Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:49am On Dec 22, 2019
I have to stop reading at some point, honestly many thing need to change in this country it is as if people that design this packages never wanted this country to progress....

What nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by stuff46(m): 10:56am On Dec 22, 2019
What are they paying them for please? How can you not work and expect pay?
Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by omohayek: 11:09am On Dec 22, 2019
CSTR2:

Your support does not change the fact that tinubu is a brazen thief eating your future.

He is more corrupt than kalu, but igbos are sensible enough not to support a crook.
So it's only my future, and not yours? And not the future of any of the millions of Igbos and other non-Yorubas living in Lagos? And it's that same Igbo sensibleness which is at the root of the reflexive support for Stella Oduah and Allen Onyema, the latter spurring all sorts of ridiculous conspiracy theories about evil "Afonjas" somehow putting Trump's DOJ up to it? You make me laugh with how blinded you are by your unrestrained tribalism.

3 Likes

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by Princeton92(m): 11:15am On Dec 22, 2019
I knew it that Akwa Ibom must lead because of Akpabio N his Akpabioism!
cry undecided
Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by ukeleh: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2019
Politicians can pay these huge amount to fellow politicians that serve for just 8 years but can't pay pension to those that serve this nation for 35/60 years their pensions. Even 30 thousand minimum wage they can't pay civil servants

1 Like

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by arsenal33: 11:29am On Dec 22, 2019
pussyAvenger:
Tinubu oshi
Tinubu, governor of all the states mentioned?

1 Like

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by slimfit1(m): 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
WendellSimilin:
Shame Nigeria. Which Governor since the existence of Democracy in Nigeria has done enough to deserve such luxury?? None of them! At least if they have solid legacies to their name it'll be the least meaningful having them enjoy such luxury but No! None of them! The day we start asking ourselves serious questions and working together as one to get rid of these thieves called politicians the better for us. These politicians are ruining our lives and the lives of our unborn children. Wake up Nigeria!! This is not the democracy practiced in other countries

Your point does not make sense in Nigeria my man. I've said this millions of times people enjoy suffering and empowering their tormentors simple.

1 Like

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by sulaak(m): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
post=85120745:

This must be reduced drastically or stopped outrightly.
Waste of taxpayer's money.
This is one, out of the many rubbish laws that PMB must removed from our coustitution.
Laws made by criminals since 1999 to enrich themselves alone.

Increasing the minimum wage and maintaining it, is what all states should be concerned about now.
God bless PMB for that.

A New and better Nigeria we want,
A New and better Nigeria we must have.

God bless Nigeria.

You expect a president that doesn't even use Nigeria medical services to fight for change in Nigeria constitution.

The same president that has doubled Nigeria foreign debt from $10 billion to $22 billion and is about to borrow an addition $30 billion. A president that has done nothing to fix the refineries that can save Nigeria $8 billion per annum.

I wish you the best.

4 Likes

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by millhouse: 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2019
neoclassical:
Tinubu signed the bill into law at the twilight of his administration in 2007.

Same man some people want to be president of this country.
i tire o ... armed robber law
Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by Cantonese: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hienna:
One of the reasons Economy is dragging backward.
Lets make 5k daily and 30k in a week now... Legitmately...
Mail me to put you through.... Left to you to believe or not.

How can we reach you?

1 Like

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by Sammy07: 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ondo state can never be in this news cool
Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by southpole: 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2019
When I hear people say Lagos state is rich and can survive without Federal allocation it baffles me. The so called Lagos is rich is not reflecting in the physical world. Dirty environment, narrow roads, unemployment , poor and obsolete facilities , poor primary and secondary education, poor medical facilities just like are found in the poor states and now head the lists of both foreign and domestic debtors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by codedguy1(m): 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
eduman365:

Imagine a former governor serving as a minister or senator still earning pension as a former governor and still collecting salary and compensation for his present office... This is the reason there is little money in circulation for the masses. We keep giving everything to the political elites. Sadly enough, they are still the ones who loot our resources while in office... Where are we going as a people!!!

Its a terrible thing. The greed is just out of the world and very ridiculous.

I can't understand why we as a people can't make things work so that everyone would be comfortable. Its lime rocket science.

Someone gets a contract to repair a road he also uses regularly, he embezzles the money and abandons the road, he is not queried by whoever gave him the contract because he settled those ones. Buys a jeep with the embezzled money to be able to navigate the abandoned dilapidated road and feels he has arrived. Meanwhile if he had executed the contract everyone would be enjoying the road and he would have still been able to buy a Toyota corrola with his profit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by maasoap(m): 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
Esseite:
The funny thing is, when you organize protests with the populace to correct such, you would still see anti-protest with same populace countering you..

You would be wondering whom you are fighting for..

Godspeed sowore..

That last sentence didn't fly here. The same man who came up with a fake list of how he "spent" 300 million naira donated for him. It's funny how he spent exactly 300m out of 300m.
Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2019
codedguy1:

Its a terrible thing. The greed is just out of the world and very ridiculous.

I can't understand why we as a people can't make things work so that everyone would be comfortable. Its lime rocket science.

Someone gets a contract to repair a road he also uses regularly, he embezzles the money and abandons the road, he is not queried by whoever gave him the contract because he settled those ones. Buys a jeep with the embezzled money to be able to navigate the abandoned dilapidated road and feels he has arrived. Meanwhile if he had executed the contract everyone would be enjoying the road and he would have still be able to buy a Toyota corrola with his profit.

I always say until we've gotten to the level where we value collective progress rather than individual progress, social vices will never be curbed.

The reason there's a low rate of crime in most EU countries is because of the social progress they all have and the gap between the poor and the rich is not too obvious. May God help us as a nation. The past generation really failed. It hurts me when youths are still the one to kill each other for them.
Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by Molawal916(m): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2019

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by AreaFada2: 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2019
Iyajelili:
Welcome to Nigeria everyone, a country where we spend money we don't have.
Gbam and applies even to ordinary people. They borrow or fleece other people to do lavish wedding parties, birthday, chieftaincy, burial or other silly extravagance.
So Tinubu began this madness of jumbo pension to former state politicians. Imagine what he will award himself upon leaving power as president. Maybe 25% of national budget as his pension. shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by Daluvy29(m): 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2019
fergie001:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/states-paying-ex-govs-jumbo-pensions-top-domestic-foreign-debtors-list/amp/
. This is the height of rascality. While we have dwindling economy, high level of unemployment, poor infrastructure and yet these governor's reward their cronies with jumbo pay and all sort of allowances. A day will come when the time bomb of the bad seeds of our yesteryears will reflect on our present day.

2 Likes

Re: States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List by Legendguru: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Soludo Won Ihiala Supplementary Election / "It Is NOT True That Nigerians Are Suffering" - Buhari's Spokesperson. / Governor Ugwuanyi Receives President Buhari (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.