Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,347 members, 7,860,894 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi (46000 Views)

Banky W Laughs At Airline Calling Naira Marley "A Bunch Of Useless People" / See The Sextape Of Pastor, Chris Omashola That Called Naira Marley a Demon / Deji Adeyanju Calls Naira Marley "A Nuisance To Societyā€¯ Over Strip Club Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by KaptainAfrika: 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
Inside Life !

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Flairoqy(m): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ryocaj:

u r d stupid one... glorifying a gangster that met his Waterloo n got killed.
This shows you're ignorant and you know nothing about music itself, apart from naira marley's music, what else do you know?
I won't be the one to explain X's life to you, use your internet.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Nickshrapnel: 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ryocaj:

u r d stupid one... glorifying a gangster that met his Waterloo n got killed.
How did he meet his waterloo?
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Ryocaj(m): 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
Flairoqy:
Nigerian music is more reason why we the youths don't focus our inquisitiveness and interest in innovations that'll develop Nigeria, there are a lot of things we aren't doing that if we did we would have ruled Africa and the world because we are not inclined to understanding complex things (Bottomline is education is key)
Same way Afro-Americans focus on Rap music than knowledge, because we blacks want to make fast money... I could keep writing until i convince a marlian to pick up his pen and paper but what's the point? Half of them will tell me I'll suffer if i depend on education.
The Nigerian system is faulty.. d major reason d govt is pumping money into entertainment n neglecting education.. Draft a proposal or business idea n c years roll by b4 u get any support.. or start a business n c it take years to grow coz of a failing economy. wen u can easily shout Ayi Ayi, GBE body e, in a studio under weed influence n get endorsements..

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2019
At times, I imagine myself screaming "I am a Marlian" as some people do. I guess that will be day I'll just hang myself 'cause it'd be a proof that I've lost it. That guy is no one's role model. He's a junky.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Tellemall: 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2019
POG4011:

I enjoyed your article, in particular the line about the slices of bread from NMs bakery. Nice imagery.

Many confused people will attack your message, because they feel it's an attack on their sloppy, irresponsible ways of life.

As a suggestion(in the spirit of literature), you can work on some of your plurals, it almost detracted from your beautiful piece. Hope to see more from you.

When you have a new article, try and send me a link. Enjoyed this one immensely.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Flairoqy(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ryocaj:

The Nigerian system is faulty.. d major reason d govt is pumping money into entertainment n neglecting education.. Draft a proposal or business idea n c years roll by b4 u get any support.. or start a business n c it take years to grow coz of a failing economy. wen u can easily shout Ayi Ayi, GBE body e, in a studio under weed influence n get endorsements..
Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Didier Dambrin and the likes didn't wait for a failing government for support, it all depends on the level of knowledge and map of strategy to make it out, don't draft a mediocre idea that's really not new to the system, find a way you don't need approval from anyone to get your bread straight, no be say me i get money or serious knowledge brother, but that's my perception amidst they yahoo yahoo generation.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by okenwaa(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2019
Stupid write up.

The government should be your major concern and not an individual.

Before NM broke into limelight, the youths have started doing drugs,fraud,prostitution etc. The system made them this way.

Do a write up on bad leadership and poor parenting and act like you have SENSE for once.

Naira is least of your problems!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Flairoqy(m): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2019
okenwaa:
Stupid write up.

The government should be your major concern and not an individual.

Before NM broke into limelight, the youths have started doing drugs,fraud,prostitution etc. The system made them this way.

Do a write up on bad leadership and poor parenting and act like you have SENSE for once.

Naira is least of your problems!!!
Our Fathers didn't do us good base on channeling our minds to gain knowledge, it's not all about getting a degree, but it doesn't mean we can't make a change, what of our children? And generation per se? We can do better, no point fingers.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Slimmy0: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
Nice writeup. I was expecting possible solutions at the end of your writeup. Kakaki points out all the problems in Nigeria same applies to Channels and other tv/radio stations. We know the problems already, what is the solution and how can we get there?.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Emeliegregory(m): 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
Human beings dey tire me. Nobody dey holy. Everybody dey sin. Everybody get em own skoi skoi so because naira marley dey smoke weed now .. em be devil? All this holier than thou attitude dey irritate. Make una go face una demons and leave person make em live em life. You dey judge person because em dey sin the sin you no dey sin. Tufia!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Lamanii22(f): 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2019
tchidi066:
Marlians indeed... Bunch of scallywags... Smoking like a chimney is now a major feat...misplaced priorities

Loool maddo
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by bellotaofeek: 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2019
I beg! Gbese ko TesuMonle grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by tck2000(m): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2019
Blazebond:
As far as I am concerned,the day u start talking all this "I am a marlian" nonsense,Na that day your mumu start,believe me,all of Una when dey claim marlian no get sense,adults go dey misbehave that claim say na "marlian" Dem be.
Apt
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Adakintroy2: 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2019
Mali or Malian are fools. They reflect the dark side of street life. Their depiction of street is awe full and unfair to street. That you from street should not make you embody all things negative or make case for wrong behaviors.

I grew up with lakpalakp (ringworm). I had kwashokor, growing up. We were that poor. But I learnt the good side of street. Some things Come with the territory. But decipline is key to life.

If any street boy is listening, naira market is your worst enemy. I mean your worst enemy. I am far Streeter than mali. But in a humble sense..no be something to take rake. It's what it is.

I was a eiye boy in school so was most of kids from rich homes. Whenever things sup. And arrest made. Their family cone for them and bail them as quick as possible. The poor ones remain there and rot away. Next thing you know they have been sent abroad. New start. The poor kid never get a second chance. But this rich kid keep getting chances till they figure themselves out.

My point as a poor street kid. Wise up fast. Mistake are made by the rich and poor kid alike..however, only one sometimes get to pay dearly. If you are arrested for following Mali or act out his templates. God help you. I mean God help you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Flairoqy(m): 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2019
Emeliegregory:
Human beings dey tire me. Nobody dey holy. Everybody dey sin. Everybody get em own skoi skoi so because naira marley dey smoke weed now .. em be devil? All this holier than thou attitude dey irritate. Make una go face una demons and leave person make em live em life. You dey judge person because em dey sin the sin you no dey sin. Tufia!
I smoke weed too but vibe to leon bridges, jacob banks, kota the friend and the likes, it's a different kind of cruise brother.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Dijaga(m): 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
Na... Outside the country already since 16th Dec. Will be back after new year..
ItzBabyBlimz:

Can u make it to marlianfest this dec?
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by MERCHANDISER: 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2019
ItzBabyBlimz:
He said he has a PHD! Pretty Huge D!ck grin
Babe u go like dick wella o cheesy
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2019
Dijaga:
Na... Outside the country already since 16th Dec. Will be back after new year..

Awwwn okay then..merry xmas in advance
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by pansophist(m): 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
If not for nairaland, I wont know who Naira Marley is. Though after so much of his topics on front page (during his court proceedings), I got to know a bit about him.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
Babe u go like dick wella o cheesy

Haaaa no koba me o
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by LivingSage: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
He entices younger ones to be irresponsible with his style of music. However, all those hip hop artist altogether. They ought to be checkmate
[s]
Tumbulum:
Marley is not the one that carry gun to kill hapless and men and women at night.

Marley is not the one that is dragging peoples ancestral land to give to his brothers.

Marley is not interested in including sharia in our constitution.

Marley is not BH or Armed Fulani Herdsmen.

Marley is not the president who disobeys court order and make nepotism his lifestyle.

Marley is not sarz that frame up innocent Nigerians in order to extort money from them.

Therefore Op leave Marley alone and let's get down to the real problem facing our country.
[/s]
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by MERCHANDISER: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
ItzBabyBlimz:

Haaaa no koba me o
Na true nah... Nigerian ladies and pretence grin
If u no like dick na toto wey u go come like?
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by FManager(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2019
ItzBabyBlimz:
He said he has a PHD! Pretty Huge D!ck grin

How you take know?

Let me not be thinking ooo. tongue
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by bindukwe(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2019
Aidejay:
President Muhammadu Buhari: A true reflection of the large chunk of Nigerian eldery

OP your post ended up being you throwing blame here and there and factoring naira maley into it. Bad leadership=rotten youths. Rotten youths= bad leadership. No solutions provided just write and go.

There's nothing wrong with stating a problem clearly, even if you don't have a solution.

The least a writer can do is state a problem at its highest resolution.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2019
MERCHANDISER:

Na true nah...
Nigerian ladies and pretence grin

If u no like dick na toto wey u go come like?

Leemao grin
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by bindukwe(m): 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
Blazebond:
As far as I am concerned,the day u start talking all this "I am a marlian" nonsense,Na that day your mumu start,believe me,all of Una when dey claim marlian no get sense,adults go dey misbehave that claim say na "marlian" Dem be.

Have you ever asked a marlian what it means to be a marlian?

Let's stop with the moral superiority.
Understand the term first

Why do they find his music meaningful?
Why do they find living through him meaningful?

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by bindukwe(m): 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
Liposure:
Lets be honest wit ourselves.if our elders had laid a good foundation. do u tink nairamarley would trend.

Did the elders of our current elders lay a good foundation for them to lay one for us?
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Torg77: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
xxxtedyxxx:
Leave Marley alone, and focus on your destiny.

Leave him and his style of music alone. Every artiste has what works for him/her.

And please don't turn around and be a hypocrite tomorrow by criticising politicians. I guess every politician has what works for him or her .Let's just leave people and their bad behaviour alone
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Dijaga(m): 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by bindukwe(m): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2019
philip0906:

Succinct! He'll soon be a thing of the past. Another rave artist, will show up the scene and usurp his position. Hopefully, he's sensible to ride on this fame and milk it as much as he can.

But olamide lasted...

Wizkid too

Davido too

They are all lasting

They are several levels of consuming art.
At some point people start consuming the artist in a way that distorts their perception of the art made by the artist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by BreconHills(m): 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
Rilley:
That's how one of his fan was arguing with me the other day, i swear Nigerian youths have totally lost it, they are so useless like useless, i don't know maybe its the current state of economy that is messing with them or they are just stupid by default.

The shortest route to "success" is attractive, ostentation is attention and anyone who thumbs his nose at authority is a hero. That's the 21st century for you; irrespective of which country of the world you live in.

In a world without consequences for bad behaviour, I am not holding my breath at the liklihood of a moral renaissance

It is what it is.

As one author wrote - Progress is not improvement but rather the rapid advancement of a social disease.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Shares Photo Of Her Daughters / The Threat Burna Boy Sent To Mr 2kay On Twitter That Implicated Him (Screenshot) / Man Left Heartbroken After Omah Lay Grind His Girlfriend On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.