Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:24 AM

Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi (46008 Views)

Banky W Laughs At Airline Calling Naira Marley "A Bunch Of Useless People" / See The Sextape Of Pastor, Chris Omashola That Called Naira Marley a Demon / Deji Adeyanju Calls Naira Marley "A Nuisance To Society” Over Strip Club Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by CalebLebsco56(m): 9:39am On Dec 24, 2019
The truth is that Naira Marley has more influence than the Gov't... Go out to the streets youths all over are portraying his character, from his dance steps to his hairstyle... I personally fink it's because of the bad situation in the country... Therefore youth use it to pass away their depression... If govt can use good musician to promote youths it will be fine.. But despite Naira Marley bad influence he is better than some politicians coz he puts smile on pple faces...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by ollydee: 9:47am On Dec 24, 2019
the truth is ..... non of these people hyping and claiming they love him would ever pray to raise a son that lives a rough life like naira Marley

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by AlienStar: 9:53am On Dec 24, 2019
It is quite disheartening to know that our norms and values have really gone down the drain. With the way things are going now, I wonder how the next generation will look like.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Ogaonos: 9:56am On Dec 24, 2019
Blazebond:
As far as I am concerned,the day u start talking all this "I am a marlian" nonsense,Na that day your mumu start,believe me,all of Una when dey claim marlian no get sense,adults go dey misbehave that claim say na "marlian" Dem be.
leave dem most of them are undergraduate.nd e dey swt at DT stage until they graduate Nd face real life challenges 2 b independent.by d time u already addicted to d lifestyle.nd u be feeling young inside while ur fellow marlians wer get sense go trowaway d lifestyles dey hustle to make money.no wan follow person wer dey weed Nd shayo.is worst if u carry marlian mentality enta late 20.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Numero9: 10:42am On Dec 24, 2019
In my generation, nobody wants to hear the truth, or you'd be termed as a Hater or Badbele, or enemy of progress!!
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:50am On Dec 24, 2019
Blazebond:
As far as I am concerned,the day u start talking all this "I am a marlian" nonsense,Na that day your mumu start,believe me,all of Una when dey claim marlian no get sense,adults go dey misbehave that claim say na "marlian" Dem be.
Ewoooo chaiii
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by sweetrace(f): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
Tumbulum:
Marley is not the one that carry gun to kill hapless and men and women at night.

Marley is not the one that is dragging peoples ancestral land to give to his brothers.

Marley is not interested in including sharia in our constitution.

Marley is not BH or Armed Fulani Herdsmen.

Marley is not the president who disobeys court order and make nepotism his lifestyle.

Marley is not sarz that frame up innocent Nigerians in order to extort money from them.

Therefore Op leave Marley alone and let's get down to the real problem facing our country.

Like it or not his vulgar lyrics has degenerating effect on his listeners. Would you like your kids singing his song? Or maybe they should dance his useless excuse of a dance? To get down to the real problem is to get down to the mindset that accepts such vulgarity not only in private, but also in the public place. BH, bad governance... are not the only issues plaguing the country. When a caricature like Marley is accepted as an artist knowing full well his lyrics are uncensored and can affect young and old, then the very fabric of civilization is being torn to shreds.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Nickshrapnel: 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
mapet:

I think you misunderstand the writer's intent. The writer is not blaming Nairamarley nor making him the reason for decadence. The writier is actually pointing to Nairamarley as the sign-post of the decadence. In other words, there is a Nairamarley in the average Nigerian youth already.

I believe it is somewhat lazy to adduce issues like this solely to parental upbringing. Several evidence suggests thing are more complicated than that. I read on twitter the case of a Pastor who woke up to the news that his car was among the ones towed to the Police station from Quillox. How come? His 3-kids and nephew who took the car out were supposed to be at the Choir practice (vigil) probably in preparation for Christmas Carol. The odds are the pastor gave them a very good and biblical upbringing. The rest go-figure....
I quite understand the message the writer is trying to pass, I only wrote that from a subjective POV. Most youths today are lost and truly Naira Marley mirrors their lifestyles perfectly, but like some people argued before, he is not a bad influence to all, some people just enjoy what he sings and don't subscribe to his lifestyle.
About the pastors cargrin it's sad that happened to him but truth is most Nigerian parent needs a lecture on modern day child upbringing(if there is anything like thatsmiley)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by meobizy(f): 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2019
mapet:

Unfortunately, you did not understand the focus and objective of the write-up.
Without an explanation I’m supposed to believe you? Lol.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Tumbulum: 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
mapet:

Just like some Americans against Gun Control will say - Guns don't kill people, people kill people.....no be so?
listening to soapy already.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by benqo01(m): 2:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
The truth is alots of you sit down to write trash,naira Marley his doing is style,making his money shut the Bleep up and focus on your business.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by nnaeyes6: 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
Yeye write up
Is Buhari not a Marlian?
Buhari has NO MANNERS!

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by mapet: 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
meobizy:

Without an explanation I’m supposed to believe you? Lol.

....beckoning to a bus way gone; needless I take on an exercise you could not figure..
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by meobizy(f): 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2019
mapet:

....beckoning to a bus way gone; needless I take on an exercise you could not figure..
Rrriiigghht *eye roll*.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by gibzzhd: 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
Tumbulum:
Marley is not the one that carry gun to kill hapless and men and women at night.

Marley is not the one that is dragging peoples ancestral land to give to his brothers.

Marley is not interested in including sharia in our constitution.

Marley is not BH or Armed Fulani Herdsmen.

Marley is not the president who disobeys court order and make nepotism his lifestyle.

Marley is not sarz that frame up innocent Nigerians in order to extort money from them.

Therefore Op leave Marley alone and let's get down to the real problem facing our country.
Just like no one should ever talk ill against bobwisky any more . Hypocrites
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Tumbulum: 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
gibzzhd:

Just like no one should ever talk ill against bobwisky any more . Hypocrites
I'm listening to soapy right now
Brother you need to go and make money and be a role model to the cool headed kids.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
nextstep:
Leaders who don't provide good schools, good hospitals, good roads, and instead steal all the money... are they the ones who should be complaining about the youths that they raised?

But seriously, every generation since Plato has complained about the deterioration of morals in the youths.
Imagine what Nigerian parents were saying about those 1960's highlife kids who just want to dance and drink and hang out in music joints. Then another generation complained about the kids of the disco 70's who just wanted to dance and smoke. Then they complained about those kids in 80's who just want to breakdance and wear jerry curls. Now those parents who danced and smoked in 60's 70's 80's are complaining about kids doing the very same thing in 2010's.

And I won't be surprised to read that Naira Marley himself complains about "kids these days" in 2040's.

Exactly! You nailed it.

Nothing new under the sun. Whatever is done today, has been done a number of times in the past in different format. Like always, every generation always think and say theirs is/was the best.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by mapet: 6:32am On Dec 25, 2019
Nickshrapnel:
I quite understand the message the writer is trying to pass, I only wrote that from a subjective POV. Most youths today are lost and truly Naira Marley mirrors their lifestyles perfectly, but like some people argued before, he is not a bad influence to all, some people just enjoy what he sings and don't subscribe to his lifestyle.
About the pastors cargrin it's sad that happened to him but truth is most Nigerian parent needs a lecture on modern day child upbringing(if there is anything like thatsmiley)

I see your point tho.... and on a second thought more like a case of inability to give what you don't have. Reality of life is, parents have done their bits and probably gone or soon to. Youths that wilfully choose destructive paths, later blame every other factors and people will only have themselves at the receiving end of koboko.

Check some aspects
1. Nairamarley argues that if the elders left good legacies, todays generation would have had good values and benefits. That argument sounds plausible on the surface but scratch that....it is simply an entitlement mentality. What's wrong with fixing and making things better for ourselves and those coming behind?
2. I believe that it sparks deceit to justify a bad thing with a bad model. Exuberance of this nature as demonstrated by many cannot be justified under any guise with say for example corruption or police brutality or Fela's moral decadence.
3. This generation stands the risk of difficulty in survival. A generation that may be on the path to self destruction. Nairamarlesque opium will wear out soon, Nairamarley may even go to jail for his indictment in card crimes, 5yrs and all these Marleansike cocaine addicts cannot get their "dose", then what next ?
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by OLRAYS(m): 9:45am On Dec 26, 2019
harmonyAris:
Ki lon tun ni marley shey?
o su mi o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Halima Abubakar In Thigh-Revealing Christmas Outfit (Photos) / Shehu Sani Reacts As Mr. Ibu Begs For Financial Aid / Primate Ayodele Places Charles Olumo On Life Salary, Donates ₦‎500,000 To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.