Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? (320 Views)

LP’s Problem Is Not About Tinubu, It’s About Greed - Oseni Rufai / Peter Obi: Bad Leadership Holding Nigeria Down, Not 1999 Constitution / Ango Abdullahi: Buhari’s Major Problem Is Incompetent And Selfish Lieutenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? by coolk(m): 7:04am On Dec 23, 2019
My intention is to quash this fallacy.

On my way to hustle on Friday morning; I boarded a Camry driven by a middle-aged civil servant. We were four passengers, a young man in front, an elderly woman on the right side, myself on the left and a young lady between. We were all headed towards Secretariat bus-stop and Finance bridge. While still in traffic, the usual (almost ritual) traffic-jam discussion ensued, initiated by me. And as surely as the sun rises from the east, the casual banter degenerated into a shouting match about the state of the Nation. Sowore's illegal detention. The desecration of our Judiciary... et al.

We were an ethnically diverse bunch. With almost every region represented between the five of us.

At first I was silent.

Me that cracked the first joke, about being single during harmattan season, that got the car bubbling with conversation!
Me that was stylishly flirting with the fine yellow porero, Ms Beauty, sitting beside me!
Me that volunteered to check if Beauty's mobile network reception is bad by dialing my line with her phone, to the envy of all!
[MODIFIED: I was teasing... And she obviously understood I was indirectly trying to get her digits. It didn't work... grin]

Me! Immediately fell silent when the discussion shifted to politics. Because I don tire for Nigeria's palaver.

I really don't care much about Sowore's plight – I consider him a political charlatan, and his ordeal simply bad karma.
Nor will I cry about Orji Kalu's conviction – He is part-and-parcel of the corrupt elements that are destroying this country, and had simply outlived his usefulness to powers-that-be.
I once riled at the continued incarceration of Dasuki, El Zakzaky and others in violation of court orders. No more!

But I care deeply about my beloved sh!thole of a Nation and the repeated insults and injuries meted at her Judiciary... The last resort of the common man.

... That's not really why I've written this.
Re: Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? by coolk(m): 7:06am On Dec 23, 2019
The reason why you are reading this is because of a seemingly harmless remark by the car owner that finally burst my outward calm...

What he innocently said: "Nigeria's problem is bad leadership..." and the naive passengers all nodded in agreement.

I exploded: "The problem of this country is not that we are cursed with bad leaders; Every prosperous Nation on earth has had their fair share of bad leadership."

"The problem is that we are crippled by ignorant, indifferent and long-suffering followers."

Who then are the bad leaders? And who chose to follow them? Are they not the same followers that complain of bad leadership?
Who are the supporters that campaigned and voted for these bad leaders?
Who are the APC-propagandists, PDP-apologists and Shameless political jumpologists or the Keyboard-revolutionist?

Who are the market women that sell 4 years of their lives for a 1/4 bag of rice?
Who are the youths that are fighting on queues to collect small tokens?
Who are the lawyers that are hired to manipulate our weak criminal prosecution system?
Who are the judges that are plied with gifts for favorable judgement?
Who are doctors that issue false medical reports to stall corruption trials?
Who are the engineers that collude with them to inflate costs and build poor infrastructures?
Who are the bankers that help them launder money ?
Who are the journalist, bloggers and twitter-activist that broadcast fake news for the sake of trending?

Are these people the leaders too?

Who are the thugs that are used as political assassins?
Who are the policemen that collect bribes to rig elections?
Who are soldiers with AK47 used to intimidate the opposition?
Who are the DSS operatives that disobey court orders?

Importantly, Who are the Two Hundred Million Citizens that are silent to the oppressions of less than Ten Thousand?

Do you mean that a Nigeria with over 200 Million people do not have a single capable or good leaders?

During the last election we had the option of Moghalu, Durotoye, even Sowore. Instead of supporting this young, capable and brilliant minds, my people (Nigerians) were busy choosing between a greater or lesser evil.

It is beyond imbecilic to blame the woes of this nation entirely on bad leadership. What have you the good followers done about it?

... I was so pissed that I forgot to get Beauty's phone number before alighting at my bus stop.

Re: Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? by Wazobiamax22: 7:11am On Dec 23, 2019
coolk:
My intention is to quash this fallacy.

Nor will I cry about Orji Kalu's conviction – He is part-and-parcel of the corrupt elements that are destroying this country, and had simply outlived his usefulness to powers-that-be.

Its the duty of every candidate to campaign and convince citizens of their good intentions if elected

Its also the duty of the citizens to complain through difference means such as protesting, social media e.t.c if the elected are not living upto their expectations

Its the duty of the leader to listen and make amends where necessary

Where the citizens fail to complain then you blame the citizens, where the leaders fail to perform their duty, then you should blame the leaders!!!

How do you blame citizens when they are shot at when protesting

How do you blame the citizens when the leaders will not obey the court order which is the hope of a common man

How can you blame the citizens of re-electing leaders when the election was rigged, while some even lost their lives while trying to defend it

How can you blame the citizens if after conviction, the national Assembly shamelessly retained Orji Uzor Kalu seat

Who is leading who

Don't you think many of you with this school of thought are not fair to the masses

I hope with these few points of mine, you will now call a spade a spade.

Cause they will never change if we are still divided this way

Together we stand and divided we fall
Re: Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? by helinues: 7:13am On Dec 23, 2019
You mean those leaders appointed themselves without going through the polls?

Btw, who produced those leaders? Teachers, Imams and Pastors

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? by Wazobiamax22: 7:17am On Dec 23, 2019
coolk:

Me that volunteered to check if Beauty's mobile network reception is bad by dialing my line with her phone, to the envy of all!

... I was so pissed that I forgot to get Beauty's phone number before alighting at my bus stop.
Bros, you are one of the bloggers with so much lies/fake news as you mention

You dialled her number with her phone but you still forgot to get her number

You are busted!
Re: Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? by coolk(m): 7:20am On Dec 23, 2019
helinues:
You mean those leaders appointed themselves without going through the polls?

Btw, who produced those leaders? Teachers, Imams and Pastors

I wonder too!
Re: Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? by coolk(m): 8:06am On Dec 23, 2019
Wazobiamax22:

Bros, you are one of the bloggers with so much lies/fake news as you mention

You dialled her number with her phone but you still forgot to get her number

You are busted!

grin grin grin
I apologies if I've offended your sensibilities. I understand you have a simple mind.

So let me break it down for you in simpler words:
I was actually teasing her... As in na play-play I wan take collect her number but... Well, talk changed gears and I forgot.
Re: Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? by Wazobiamax22: 8:11am On Dec 23, 2019
coolk:

grin grin grin
I apologies if I've offended the sensibilities of your paymasters. Do tell them to hire people with sense enough to know how to better hide their ignorance next time.

Lemme break it down for you:
I was actually teasing her... As in na play-play I wan take collect her number but... Well, talk changed gears and I forgot.
You should take your own advice.

Go back to what you wrote and read again
Re: Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? by JonDon12: 8:51am On Dec 23, 2019
The problem with Nigeria is unfeasiblity. Nigeria is not a feasible country because of the differences in tribes compounded with the differences in religion. Everybody thinks of their tribe first, their religion second and the country third. A politician is judged first by what tribe he is, what religion, and then his merits/integrity.

Nigeria needs to be split
Re: Nigeria's Problem Is Bad Leadership? by coolk(m): 9:08am On Dec 23, 2019
JonDon12:
The problem with Nigeria is unfeasiblity. Nigeria is not a feasible country because of the differences in tribes compounded with the differences in religion. Everybody thinks of their tribe first, their religion second and the country third. A politician is judged first by what tribe he is, what religion, and then his merits/integrity.

Nigeria needs to be split

If we had to split the Nation down tribal lines, then Nigeria will give birth to over 200 countries, with some having as little as 10,000 citizens. grin

Separation will not stop the problem of greed, corruption or even nepotism. And No, bad leadership is not restricted to any tribe or religion.

My question: Why are we still following this so called 'bad leaders' that are the problem?

(1) (Reply)

2023: 'tinubu Would Divorce His Wife If The Cabal Tells Him To Do So" / Military Repels Boko Haram Attack On Damaturu.governor’s Convoy Others Stranded / Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-month Salary, But Still Using His Private Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.