Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience (41603 Views)

You Met Your Wife Like THIS.. What Would You Do?? / How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Jack500: 9:12am On Jan 05, 2020
In relation to this thread by micronut

https://www.nairaland.com/5612756/meeting-in-law-marriage-6-questions

The guy has given us the likely questions to expect from our parents-in-law and the appropriate answers.

In this thread, i want us to share our experience the first time we met our in-laws, I know this will help those of us that are not married and also fun-filled.

Please, move to the front page for wider view. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by donstan18: 9:18am On Jan 05, 2020
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Obinnau(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2020

265 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by yanabasee(m): 9:24am On Jan 05, 2020
I'm very much single and searching.... I hope to have in-laws this year. Because, I'm going to date this year.

So, lemme be reading/learning from my married friends.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Jack500: 10:12am On Jan 05, 2020
Obinnau:
I already knew the pop on a personal level before. So when I got serious with the daughter, I called him over the phone and said 'sir I love your daughter and she is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with" pop said "and you've discussed this with her and she is OK with it? I said yes sir. He said we can go ahead insofar his daughter and I have an agreement.
We are still together and planning marriage next year

Wow! That's so nice, u had ur own easy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Amanee(f): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2020
I didn't have issues with his father from day one

Now his mother...

Story for another day

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Katier00(f): 11:20am On Jan 05, 2020
Mother inlaw was cool but the siblings were very cold. Bad old days

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Lamanii22(f): 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
I already met my soon to be mother-in-law... She's just so amazing... And really kind.. But he has not met my mom...

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Lamanii22(f): 1:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
Obinnau:
I already knew the pop on a personal level before. So when I got serious with the daughter, I called him over the phone and said 'sir I love your daughter and she is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with" pop said "and you've discussed this with her and she is OK with it? I said yes sir. He said we can go ahead insofar his daughter and I have an agreement.
We are still together and planning marriage next year

Seriously? Your own is good ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Jack500: 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
Amanee:
I didn't have issues with his father from day one

Now his mother...

Story for another day

Hmm! Some mother-in-law can be so terrible

3 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Jack500: 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
Katier00:
Mother inlaw was cool but the siblings were very cold. Bad old days

The siblings, are they guys or females?
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Amanee(f): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
Jack500:

Hmm! Some mother-in-law can be so terrible

She wasn't terrible per se, she just had strict notions of propriety and then preconceived bias towards my tribe. I'm glad that our relationship is getting better as each day passes.

She's now the one championing wedding 2020/21 wink

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Jack500: 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
Amanee:

She wasn't terrible per se, she just had strict notions of propriety and then preconceived bias towards my tribe. I'm glad that our relationship is getting better as each day passes.

She's now the one championing wedding 2020/21 wink

Wow! Make una send ur IV to us, when it is time

16 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Oppy4God(f): 8:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
can't wait to meet the lucky dude this year and meeting my In-laws smileycan't wait to meet the lucky dude this year and meeting my In-laws

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Katier00(f): 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
Jack500:

The siblings, are they guys or females?
both. They were really cold to me

3 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by ybalogs(m): 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
A day to behold
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Slawormir: 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice question
I don't do relationship
So no in-laws for now

Let me take a bottle of Heineken and read comments
But if i decide to do relationship anyday then my in-laws is gonna be tokers, gamblers, always boozing!

proclinician:

U again.

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Am everywhere
Am always online.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by CapitalHYC(m): 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
I met the Two mothers-in-Law already and they both like me.. So which ever of their daughter bleeps up loses me.... They like me coz I'm handsome and Jovial.. grin grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Simplebeauty: 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
grin
It was an interesting moment

please tell your friend to tell a friend that I give cheap loans

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by eedimo(m): 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
Fvck in-laws
I'm not doing dat sh!t.

My Girlfriend's parents are just making it worst.

4 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by vizkiz: 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Question for people in serious relationships.

Some of us just wanna fuçk and leave. No in-laws shît.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Architectben34(m): 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Never had a gf talkless of fiance

9 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by ForeThinker: 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Jux behave

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by proclinician: 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice question

U again.

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by erifeoluwasimi(f): 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
Impromptu...the mum actually called my number and said" Hello, I heard you are in town but you decided to stay with a friend, why don't you come over to our house" she actually discovered because she called hubby and he told her he went to visit me at a friend's place. She knew I don't stay in that town. So she did the maths

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by urchcoded(m): 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
I'm definitely not gonna like Dem.

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Renforce: 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
My mother-in-law to be is so sweet and timeless.
She's always minding her business.

For just 135k you could get a 1kva Inverter, 100AH rugged deep cycle battery, 150w panel and a 30A controller + installation. The system would serve 10hrs daily on basic loadings. Call on us now!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Sehindemi(f): 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
Here to read comments.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by horlahsunbo225(m): 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gather here if u are single

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by proclinician: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Architectben34:
Never had a gf talkless of fiance

Time is running out sir. Buhari and amotekun may send everyone to their graves before 2023. Better start getting married now.

43 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by ybalogs(m): 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
I have met her mum prior arranging to go see the dad and her other siblings. So on a faithful Saturday afternoon,I called two of my friends joined by my younger brother to just show once and for all. That wasn't the formal introduction though. Her dad just wanted to meet the man that has taken most of her daughter's time now.
Anyways,we went there and her dad was some Chris Tucker. Made me feel so at home but not asking me unnecessary questions. All in all,we tied the knot November 19 last year. It's been worth it. I can only keep thanking God for giving me my wife and her family.

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Me no get time, na video conference call we use do introduction.

Them never see me b4, I never see them b4 except video call

Technology is a Bae grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Wife Gave Birth To SS, I’m AA And She Is AS – Husband / When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / Baby Boy Born Without Limbs (missing Arms & Legs) In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.