Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? (59005 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by cococandy(f): 2:58am On Dec 24, 2019
toprealman:

I'm coming to get you.....you now have my full attention!
I’m ready. Where are we going?
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Fynchi: 3:07am On Dec 24, 2019
GGirll:

Mama's boys the most horrible husbands to have lok
the worst set of men any lady would ever think of. That's what I'm battling now.
Wicked woman + a dollbaby kinda man.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by NathanAnomaly: 3:21am On Dec 24, 2019
Akanbibabatunde:
abi you are living in your in-laws house... you wan come dey twist tori give us... better go hustle

It's 3am and this made me laugh so loud I nearly wake everybody for house�

U be werey. The meme even made it funnier
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by noob03saibot(m): 3:57am On Dec 24, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn
Always easy to say now
But when you get married it is a different thing.
Except you don't have young siblings

Sometimes it is easy for someone from the woman's family to stay with couples. There won't be trouble

But if any body from the man family come stay with couples ehnnnnn. Na so so quarrel
gbam!!! Men can tolerate. Most women can't.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by ivolt: 4:15am On Dec 24, 2019
dejonathan:
90/100 of it always end up in disagreement and chaos which automatically leads to family break up
Wrong.
You are making up the numbers.
There is any family that hasn't hosted their inlaws one time or another.
It is usually not a permanent arrangement since they are there for a purpose.

There is nothing wrong with it and it doesn't cause family breakups.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Ladycewhy(f): 4:47am On Dec 24, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol... cheesy
I believe I would have been the first respondent on the thread... saw it immediately it was published and my intention was to make complete fun of that word choice. cheesycheesy

But then I rechecked the moniker & profile, then decided to be nice and just hold my peace.
Too bad you were not so sympathetic. grin
you go view profile picture your head come turn. You liked what you "vividly" saw,why you nor go hold your peace. undecided
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by femi4: 4:50am On Dec 24, 2019
IyaTola:
What is your take on your in-laws vividly living in same house with you?
Vividly speaking, I don't mind. My regards to Tola

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by esente: 4:51am On Dec 24, 2019
So they decided to change the meaning of 'vivid' without letting us know in advance.

Make this new year pure for us o, so that some of us wey dey follow in-law drag space for inside one house go see money to rent or build our own house in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Sunrise258: 5:53am On Dec 24, 2019
MajorWarren:
That can’t run. So they can come and add their input in my marriage whenever they please

My mum can live with us tho smiley

No way!
I will not allow it to happen if I were your man. Since others won't be allowed, same goes for your mom too.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by crestdevelopers: 5:57am On Dec 24, 2019
2buffagain:
This is only possible if all parties, both spouses and parents are WISE and PEACEFUL.
And the one who has the parents knows how to prioritize and bluntly tell their family members when they are over-stepping.

Some in laws cannot control themselves and need to be reminded of their limits within a home, so they should be the type who you can speak to openly about something without them getting their ego involved.

I believe this doesn't just happen naturally.
This is something you will need to have been training your parents/siblings on from a very long time ago.
They will need to have known from before that you do not entertain certain things. It is not after you have married and they have moved in that you will now be trying to teach them basic courtesy and respect.
very true
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Alexaonfleek: 6:00am On Dec 24, 2019
Hmmm
Inlaws can stay,so far it's only temporary.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Forsterobiora(m): 6:22am On Dec 24, 2019
Hmmm. Hell no.
We will now be living like all the families on zeeworld(sedath, Abby, Rashny) no privacy at all
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by deltateam: 6:34am On Dec 24, 2019
MajorWarren:
That can’t run. So they can come and add their input in my marriage whenever they please

Won't she add input and output.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by MajorWarren: 6:39am On Dec 24, 2019
deltateam:

Won't she add input and output.

Yes but she’ll input on my side so that’s calm smiley
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by deltateam: 6:43am On Dec 24, 2019
MajorWarren:

Yes but she’ll input on my side so that’s calm smiley

You are selfish then. This will lead to quarrel in the future, mark it somewhere.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by GGirll: 6:43am On Dec 24, 2019
Fynchi:
the worst set of men any lady would ever think of. That's what I'm battling now.
Wicked woman + a dollbaby kinda man.

So sorry dear I actually escaped one in 2016 he's too controlled by his short mother who saw me as a threat. Whatever we do or discussed n agreed upon d next day he would tell me his mum said it should be d other way round o....after much prayers n deliberations I dumped his woozy ass n now I'm married to a real man. God helped dodge d bullet lol .
In your case just tell him d opposite of what you want to do n see his mum talk him into doing otherwise which invariably was your true intention n try to be close to d witchcraft mother for d peace of your home dear.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Fistop: 6:56am On Dec 24, 2019
Aboks:
i will not allow that, they can only come for visit

It is well sha. In this Buhari era, having to feed an extra mouth is huge. Besides, having an extra person with you generally increases cost.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Ronline(m): 6:58am On Dec 24, 2019
Aboks:
i will not allow that, they can only come for visit
Sinple..
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Liposure: 6:59am On Dec 24, 2019
Dats a no no 4 me.i cant stand someone coming btw me n my wife
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Ronline(m): 7:02am On Dec 24, 2019
dejonathan:
90/100 of it always end up in disagreement and chaos which automatically leads to family break up
Even 99.999%
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by MajorWarren: 7:03am On Dec 24, 2019
deltateam:

You are selfish then. This will lead to quarrel in the future, mark it somewhere.

But I’ll still have my mum on my side so it’s still calm smiley
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Fistop: 7:06am On Dec 24, 2019
[quote author=babythug post=85165911]As could be expected it could and would likely swing both ways!

The space and size of the house matters! The smaller the space the more likely wires will cross and cause chaos.

This is so true.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by ceaser: 7:18am On Dec 24, 2019
There shouldn't be much qualms about in-laws coming to live with the couple. Africans generally and Nigerian in particular have a communal culture. Your kids are even raised by the whole community. This is what has been able to still keep some sanity within the concept of family in traditional Africa, though this concept is being gradually eroded with neocolonialism something which is responsible for the upsurge vices (advanced fee frauds, LGBTQ etc) amongst children.

What should worry anyone though is the question of the couple going to live permanently with parents especially that of couple permanently living with parents of the wife.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Penisman: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2019
Katier00:
Vividly I say unto you

That thy servant shall destroy English... Selah.

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 24, 2019
if family come for meriment dey cant stay more dan 5days o.

any stay after dat issa gobe:-O
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by eyebee01(m): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2019
bukatyne:
Vividly?

Do people live vaguely before? tongue grin
grin I no know o. Maybe (s)he meant permanently
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Karmaisme(m): 7:59am On Dec 24, 2019
MajorWarren:

Are you a man or woman? I want to know, so that I can understand your point of view.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Karmaisme(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2019
HawksDude:
No way. Even my own mother won't be allowed.

Maka why?
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by kweensheba: 8:12am On Dec 24, 2019
It is not the best. The lady is married to the man, not the -in-laws.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by wonlasewonimi: 8:39am On Dec 24, 2019
Vivid imagination should just sew you a straitjacket
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Fynchi: 8:59am On Dec 24, 2019
GGirll:

So sorry dear I actually escaped one in 2016 he's too controlled by his short mother who saw me as a threat. Whatever we do or discussed n agreed upon d next day he would tell me his mum said it should be d other way round o....after much prayers n deliberations I dumped his woozy ass n now I'm married to a real man. God helped dodge d bullet lol .
In your case just tell him d opposite of what you want to do n see his mum talk him into doing otherwise which invariably was your true intention n try to be close to d witchcraft mother for d peace of your home dear.
exactly o, my mum say this, my mum, my mum. In everything. It's becoming too nauseating and God knows I have tried. She poisoned her daughters mind against me that in their midst I just feel like a total stranger.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by MajorWarren: 9:02am On Dec 24, 2019
Karmaisme:

Are you a man or woman? I want to know, so that I can understand your point of view.

Gender fluid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse / My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / Lady Marries Okada Rider Who Posed As Military Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.