Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit (37463 Views)

No Isi-Agu in DSS custody: Court dismisses Kanu's fundamental rights suit / Mob Destroys Ahmed Mohammed Ketso's Private Residence / Pictures From Sowore's Party Declaration Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by mushystuff: 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday withdrew from the fundamental rights enforcement suit instituted by the 'RevolutionNow' protests convener, Mr. Omoyele Sowore, seeking an order for his release from custody of the Department of State Service. There have been no fresh charges instituted against Sowore since he was rearrested by the operatives of the DSS on December 6 barely 24 hours of being released from the agency's detention lasting over months.

But Justice Mohammed ruled on Monday that he could not hear Sowore's case filed on December 10 saying it was the fair, just and proper thing to do in view of the previous publications by Sowore's medium, Sahara Reporters, accusing him of taking bribe in a case to influence the outcome of his case.

The case in question is the trial of a former Governor of Benue State, Senator Gabriel Suswam, who is now being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission before another judge of the court, Justice Okon Abang. Justice Mohammed noted on Monday that the reports by Sahara Reporters in 2016 and 2019 made him to withdraw from the ex-governor's trial.

He recalled that when the first report was published in 2016, he was prevailed upon by the prosecution and defence teams to continue with the case. He said on continuing with the case, a similar report was published in June this year.

He said the situation put him in a situation whereby if he ruled in favour of Sowore, it could be perceived as having been blackmailed by Sowore to so rule, and that in the event that he ruled against the activist, he could be perceived as being vengeful.

"Justice is rooted in confidence," the judge said, adding, "That is to say none of the parties should have fear or apprehension that he will not get justice before a court." He then ordered that the case file be sent back to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice John Tsoho, for reassignment to another judge.

https://punchng.com/breaking-judge-withdraws-from-sowores-suit/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by mushystuff: 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2019
Sowore's publication via his Sahara Reporters medium has done him in on this one meaning more delays. Meanwhile, General Buhari and his goons have failed to file any fresh grounds since his re-arrest abi na govt approved kidnap!

Great Buhari supporters! Una well done.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by 989900: 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2019
The right thing to do.

BTW, if we let Major General Buhari get away with this, then we're all game -- even local law enforcement on the street would take a cue to deal with us like fowls!

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by mushystuff: 2:49pm On Dec 23, 2019
989900:
The right thing to do.

BTW, if we let Major General Buhari get away with this, then we're all game -- even local law enforcement on the street would take a cue to deal with us like fowls!

What do you mean? Isn't he your darling and model president anymore? You and your kind have been unrelenting in supporting him despite his clear antecedents and disregard for human rights and the rule of law so who are the we to stop the General?

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by 989900: 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2019
mushystuff:

What do you mean? Isn't he your darling and model president anymore? You and your kind have been unrelenting in supporting him despite his clear antecedents and disregard for human rights and the rule of law so who are the we to stop the General?

Damn right, he isn't my darling and model president any more.

Next question . . .

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by mushystuff: 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2019
989900:

Next question . . .

Ah! Unfortunately the deliberate blindness of you and your kind have brought us all to this Next Level. I hope you sufficiently regret your stubborn refusal to see the truth even though it makes no difference anyway.

The next question is who are the we you referred to to stop the strong, integrity-filled General you prefer to a 'weak' president?

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by Okoroawusa: 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
Sowore should rot in jail...

If I was a president n you called for a revolution few months after losing in an election you willingly contested in, I will have you assassinated.

Buhari is very lenient

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by OlujobaSamuel: 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
mushystuff:

Ah! Unfortunately the deliberate blindness of you and your kind have brought us all to this Next Level. I hope you sufficiently regret your stubborn refusal to see the truth even though it makes no difference anyway.

The next question is who are the we you referred to to stop the strong, integrity-filled General you prefer to a 'weak' president?
Why are we like this na, everything should not be I told you so line of thought.
If you don't believe in a particular authority, you convince those (voters in democracy) with the capacity to change such authority to buy your idea, it should not be about seeking for who to mock or abuse.
My community road in Lagos is still water logged despite the dry season, but members of different parties are working on how to bring relevant authorities to do something about it, let competitive utterances or attitude be limited to election, after election should be getting good result from whomever is in position.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by mushystuff: 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Why are we like this na, everything should not be I told you so line of thought.
If you don't believe in a particular authority, you convince those (voters in democracy) with the capacity to change such authority to buy your idea, it should not be about seeking for who to mock or abuse.
My community road in Lagos is still water logged despite the dry season, but members of different parties are working on how to bring relevant authorities to do something about it, let competitive utterances or attitude be limited to election, after election should be getting good result from whomever is in position.

It cannot end o! As dem no dey hear word. I know for a fact that if the victim of thos lawlessness was Igbo or from the old Eastern region, we will not see all these fake repentance. They still refuse to acknowledge that they were wrong and SE/SS has always been right as far as Buhari is concerned.

Unfortunately with brute force n federal might, they plan to forcefully take over these regions that clearly denounce them just because of saboteurs that refused to be true to themselves and their brothers first before political 'sophistication' bůllshît!

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by 989900: 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
mushystuff:

If you cannot decipher the 'we', then you're a clear and present waste of my valuable time.
You seem to be still stuck in 2015, I'm sorry I can't help you.

BTW, the 'weak' president and gang brought us here (to the tyrant).
Both are bad options, if you see it elseway, you're entitled to your opinion even it's a far cry from the reality.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by OlujobaSamuel: 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
mushystuff:

It cannot end o! As dem no dey hear word. I know for a fact that if the victim of thos lawlessness was Igbo or from the old Eastern region, we will not see all thos fake repentance. They still refuse to acknowledge that they were wrong and SE/SS has always been right as far as Buhari is concerned.

Unfortunately with brute force n federal might, they plan to forcefully take over these regions that clearly denounce them just because of saboteurs that refused to be true to themselves and their brothers first before political 'sophistication' bůllshît!
Hope you know not all SE/SS voted against him and not all from either his zone or faith or other regions voted for him because of any selfish interest but genuine growth and development?
I voted for him in 2015 but didn't in 2019, however, none of his foolish selfish decision has affected me except for recent nonsense economic policy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by obembet(f): 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
M
Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by recievesense: 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
Every Judge will now have an excuse based on SR previous stories.

6 Likes

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by ursullalinda(f): 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
Hmmmm.....which kind wahala be this?
Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by nkwuocha1: 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
Lol....
Sowore will be given the death penalty. gringrin
Very painful to be denied of one's heritage if you ask me tongue tongue tongue
Nnamdi kanu sef,like our Yoruba friendemies will say "Albino" "Cownu" will be laughing his ass wherever he is. grin grin grin
Jonathan will be singing"Oyoyo" for Mama peace cheesy
Mama peace will be laughing her butt off while stroking jona's old beard grin grin

4ck Nigeria and Nigerians!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by yusfatedeeprof(m): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
Uhmm, Matters arising

Mogba ladura, enu o ni pawa ni odun 2020 ti afe bosi o

Refolushon ti o dokan lo gbe sowore debi to wa Leni

Him himself must be tired of all these charades

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by Chibuzoc(m): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
Hmm
Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by DigitalLogic: 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
our condolences are with Sowore. we hope that he remains strong in this trying times.

meanwhile,

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by madridsta007(m): 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
989900:

Next question . . .

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by saajus: 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
You want attention. I hope you don't get it.
Okoroawusa:

If I was a president n you called for a revolution few months after losing in an election you willingly contested in, I will have you assassinated.

Buhari is very lenient

4 Likes

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by Christian11qi: 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2019
Very legit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by Quality20(m): 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2019
how I wish our Igbo brothers would join us to support sowore, its gonna benefit d SE more than SW if only they know. Sowore is himself more Biafra n ipob than d average Igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by VillageHead: 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2019
Dis bros matter don dey twist like Nnamdi Kanu own.

We just dey observe.
Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by Racoon(m): 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
Just imagine! Nigeria has reached a stage where justice is not only being delayed but also being denied.What are lawyers still doing in our courts with all the arrays of the impunity & above-the-law shenanigans of the regime of Maj.Gen.Buhari(retired)? 

What is the judiciary still standing for with a AGF & CJN that have refused to have any regard for the rule of law or sanctity of the Nigerian/ECOWAS courts? Total anarchy reigns where there is no rule of law.

5 Likes

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by Dobson43: 4:46pm On Dec 23, 2019
angry

[s]He said the situation put him in a situation whereby if he ruled in favour of Sowore, it could be perceived as having been blackmailed by Sowore to so rule, and that in the event that he ruled against the activist, he could be perceived as being vengeful.
[/s]

The judge and Sowore are now children of difficult circumstances.
Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by Lovelies1: 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2019
Check my signature
Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2019
I said it months ago that this man has bitten more than he can eat... He will rot in jail

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit by Tulsaguy: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Buhari is very lenient

You will rot in jail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Calas Vegas: Ayade Builds ‘World-Class’ Resort Despite Tinapa’s ‘$450M Setback / EFCC Seizes Dasuki’s, General’s Houses In Kaduna(photos) / Helicopter Loaded With Arms Lands In Taraba Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.