Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Buhari’s Nigeria: You Can Be Beheaded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Nigeria: You Can Be Beheaded (309 Views)

I Miss Buhari, Nigeria Man Cries Out After Buying Fuel For 600# Per Liter / Lovedup Photos: Bashir El-Rufai "Would Rather Be Beheaded Than Apologise" / Aisha Buhari: Nigeria May Face Worse Security Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Nigeria: You Can Be Beheaded by chizgold80: 4:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
Some fans of General Muhammadu Buhari, Nigerian president, this time must be an embarrassing moment for them; and I mean his supporters with some crumbs of conscience. Really, there are sprinkles of them here and there, who would somehow not call a spade a car.

How do you defend your hero, who would, with reckless abandon treat judgement and other outputs of the hallowed court of law with outrageous disdain and impunity. For me, I have always said it, that Buhari is a classical figure in dictatorship.

If things go as planned by this government, this piece that you are reading, will qualify as hate speech, and the punishment will be beheading! Death penalty is the proposed punishment for whatever Buhari regards as hate speech; recall that the regime mooted this law way back in 2017. If you think that that bill had died, then have a rethink.

Sometimes I ask myself, in the very heart of the self-acclaimed gnome of Owu, Matthew Aremu Okikiolu Obasanjo, Nigerian erstwhile president, how would he feel about a Buharialised Nigeria? Not that Obasanjo was a good ruler; it's about the"anybody but Jonathan"!mania.

A lot of Nigerians are not empathetic towards Sowore, apparently because of his role, which they considered ignoble, during the buildup to Jonathan's exit from power. They seem to be telling Sowore that the chickens have come to roost, that he should enjoy the dose of his own medicine. For me, it's neither here nor there.

A citizen was arraigned on alleged charges, bail granted by a court, the said bail conditions met, and warrant of release issued by the court and served upon the detaining agency of government; days after the service of the warrant, the accused person is still held unlawfully by the said agency of government. Mind you, this was not happening in the year 1300; it's in 2019 Buhari's Nigeria.

Did you read the writeup of Adesina, Buhari's Senior Special adviser on media? It was a writeup wherein he appraised Buhari's victory at the 2019 poll and ultimately at the supreme court. If an opposition figure had said what Adesina said derogatorily of Atiku of Buhari, surely, it would have been baptized hate speech. Note, I didn't support Atiku, just like I never routed for Jonathan.

If a ruler could propose that citizens' right to free speech be gagged by the penalty of wringing their necks till they die, then know that we are in a darkness of darkness, and we just began.

Welcome to year 1984!

READ MORE: https://ikengachronicles.com/buharis-nigeria-you-can-be-beheaded/

Re: Buhari’s Nigeria: You Can Be Beheaded by helinues: 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gibberish

A ruler Ko, A pencil ni
Re: Buhari’s Nigeria: You Can Be Beheaded by Bengy1211: 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2019
go through it
Re: Buhari’s Nigeria: You Can Be Beheaded by healthserve(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
Lol. Welcome to the year 1984. lol My belle o

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Nigeria: You Can Be Beheaded by crownwealth: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
The tyrant terrorist will not end well

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Nigeria: You Can Be Beheaded by Lonelypacifist6: 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
1984 indeed The animal farm that this regime had made this country into won't stand to see the next generation.
Re: Buhari’s Nigeria: You Can Be Beheaded by Tumbulum: 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
His last days will be spent in prison after he has been tried for crimes against humanity by the ICC

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court reverses disqualification of Bayelsa deputy gov-elect / Ohanaeze Hints On Impeaching Buhari Over Presidency’s Cabal Claim. / Buhari Will Not Disappoint In 2020, APC Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.