Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises (16924 Views)

Senate Presidency: Shettima Appologises For Muslim Comment / Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole / Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by sojiboy(m): 5:22pm On Dec 23, 2019
FUOYE Killings: NANS Apologises, Lifts 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Placed on Fayemi, Wife

The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), has exonerated the wife of Ekiti State Governor, Erelu Bisi Fayemi of complicity in the killing of two students of Federal University, Oye Ekiti, during a recent crisis in the town.

The students' body also lifted the person non grata order placed on Governor Kayode Fayemi and his wife across all the the tertiary institutions in the country, describing the role the duo played in ensuring proper burial for the departed students and support for their families as commendable.

The students' body also tendered its apology to the first family for holding them responsible for the FUOYE killings, a development it considered unfair.

Two FUOYE students, Joseph Okonofua and Kehinde Dada were shot dead on September 10, 2019 during a protest that coincided with the visit of Mrs Fayemi to Oye Ekiti, which led to confrontation betwen policemen and students due to unruly and violent nature of the latter.

The killings , had forced the NANS to make a public statement directing students to henceforth treat Fayemi and wife as persona non grata in all Nigerian tertiary institutions .

However, in a communique by NANS' Senate President, Gambo Abubakar Mohammed and Clerk, Kabiru Mohammed after its Senate meeting in Ado Ekiti on Monday, said neither the state governor nor the wife knew anything about the death of the students.

The SUG President, Federal University, Lokoja , Kogi State moved a motion for the lifting of the order , seconded by SUG President of Niger State College of Education, Zakari Mohammed and was affimed by other Senators at the plenary.

Exonerating Fayemi and wife further, NANS said: "Ekiti State government has taken the responsibilities of paying for hospital bills of all injured students and for the burial arrangement of the deceased.

"The government also visited the deceaseds' families and compensated them while processing the employment opportunity two members of the bereaved families.

"We realized that it is time to move on and allow the sleeping dog lies in the interest of peace and love among all those that were involved".

The students appealed to Fayemi to fulfill his promises to those who suffered any form of calamity during the incident .

The Senators also lamented the death of a students' leader, Com. Yemi Adeniran, who died in a ghastly motor accident , saying the deceased did well as a member of the SUG during his lifetime.
https://thenationonlineng.net/fuoye-killings-nans-exonerates-fayemis-wife-lifts-stay-away-order/amp/

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Brandstudio01: 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
Finally

2 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by neoclassical: 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2019
Money has changed hands. shocked cheesy tongue lipsrsealed

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Onlinealaba(m): 5:53am On Dec 24, 2019
Well maybe this unconnected to this post but NANS is one hell of a corrupt body so you can actually say what has exchange hands behind the scene . As a young person in Nigeria please avoid protest(am unapologetic about this) and riot, Nigeria police don't know a coordinated way for crowd control. I feel for the parents of the young boys

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by apikipiki1(m): 5:56am On Dec 24, 2019
Money has passed from hand to hand to hand

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 24, 2019
The problem is, our police don't have enough non-lethal ways of controlling riots, apart from tear gas.

Then there is the school fees thing. Our universities cannot keep fees low forever. When funding for universites needs to be in the trillions of naira...and all Government has is billions...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Buhdeuce: 5:56am On Dec 24, 2019
neoclassical:
Money has changed hands. shocked cheesy tongue lipsrsealed

Am telling you!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by inspector1(m): 5:58am On Dec 24, 2019
Nigerian with money matter ..... I tire for this kind yeye tomorrow leaders o.

8 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by SalJay(m): 5:59am On Dec 24, 2019
Lol

1 Like

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by jy2kbeyond(m): 6:01am On Dec 24, 2019
Man must whack
grin grin grin grin grin gringrin

2 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by backnbeta(f): 6:01am On Dec 24, 2019
She may or may not have used her office to indirectly cause the death of the students, but NANS (FUOYE) came up with an epistle implicating the first lady and garnering public sympathy. One would expect them to come up with a more reasonable story to exonorate her and not just on the premise of 'paying for burial and hospital bills'. Money answereth all things undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Oshin56(m): 6:02am On Dec 24, 2019
Money is involved, very corrupt elements living in an entity called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by sanemind3(m): 6:06am On Dec 24, 2019
In Nigeria, anybody holding political office is for his personal pocket

meanwhile

l sell external drive that are filled with movies,no need to start looking for how to fill yr drive when you buy one from us,is comes pimped for your watching pleasure
check profile for prices and number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Jonah507(m): 6:07am On Dec 24, 2019
Lol.
Same thing happened to my boss. After she shamefully lost Bayelsa state Govornorship election, na so oga no fit pay salaries again since August oooo.
Funny how they go into politics with the sole aim of stealing public funds.

My signature speaks volume!

8 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Bluezy13(m): 6:09am On Dec 24, 2019
Throughout my undergraduate years in a Federal University, I knew nothing about NANS.

I went through and graduated successfully.

8 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by RapistOnBail: 6:10am On Dec 24, 2019
Hustle oh!

Make bribery no be your source of Income.

5 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by peluwumi: 6:11am On Dec 24, 2019
Money changed The Whole story.... and publicly apologized. This is a show of shame

7 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by rusher14: 6:11am On Dec 24, 2019
Jonah507:
Lol.
Same thing happened to my boss. After she shamefully lost Bayelsa state Govornorship election, na so oga no fit pay salaries again since August oooo.
Funny how they go into politics with the sole aim of stealing public funds.

My signature speaks volume!

Oga,

Na Atiku thread you suppose talk all this one.

You miss road no be small.

4 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by traihit: 6:11am On Dec 24, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Well maybe this unconnected to this post but NANS is one hell of a corrupt body so you can actually say what has exchange hands behind the scene . As a young person in Nigeria please avoid protest(am unapologetic about this) and riot, Nigeria police don't know a coordinated way for crowd control. I feel for the parents of the young boys

"Avoiding protests"... When I preached this sermon to my colleagues in 2017, some of them thought I was mad. A week later, the students were falsely accused of breaking classroom windows, beating up lecturers. It's time we find out what works for us as Nigerians and then use that as a weapon instead of using the same tool that doesn't have any good result.

8 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by crownwealth: 6:19am On Dec 24, 2019
RIP to the dead.

May your blood be upon your killers!

3 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Gatalile1(m): 6:21am On Dec 24, 2019
may the souls of our fellow students be in rest. And I Pray That Allah give The Bereaved The Fortitude To bear The Irreplaceable Lost.

1 Like

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Olatunji1929: 6:23am On Dec 24, 2019
Does that mean nobody was arrested or prosecuted for the killing? it will just go just like that. peradventure those students were killed by aliens.

4 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by GamalNasser: 6:28am On Dec 24, 2019
They have used his death as another opportunity to enrich themselves

1 Like

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by StarUp: 6:29am On Dec 24, 2019
Money answereth ALL things...

2 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by darthv: 6:29am On Dec 24, 2019
Bribery cum corruption
Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:31am On Dec 24, 2019
Onlinealaba:

Also, most of these folks who call for protest and riots have ulterior motives. They're only using the masses as steppingstone.

2 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Equidifferentia: 6:35am On Dec 24, 2019
The leaders of tommorow in action

2 Likes

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Jonah507(m): 6:38am On Dec 24, 2019
rusher14:

Oga,

Na Atiku thread you suppose talk all this one.

You miss road no be small.

I'm doing it here Intentionally bro.
Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by armadeo(m): 6:39am On Dec 24, 2019
Nans.

They all have future political aspirations and want to use nans as a template for step up.

Every elected political post is occupied by a criminal from class rep to president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by Pavore9: 6:42am On Dec 24, 2019
Most of these NANS members will end up as professional politicians.
Re: FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises by rahztafari(m): 6:43am On Dec 24, 2019
What do u expect??

I was telling one student that the dead guys wasted their lives for nothing.

In this Nigeria, you should know the kind of aluta to fight for. How can u stand in front of bullet when you know that death will never improve the situation. This is not sacrifice, it is waste!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Short Cut To Naira Appreciation, Says Ned Nwoko / Sheriff Gains Control Of Party’s National secretariat / Saraki Contributed More Than Tinubu, Amaechi To Make Buhari President – Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.