Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

I’m Insane, Says Man Accused Of Murder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Insane, Says Man Accused Of Murder (601 Views)

See The7 Things APC Accused GEJ Of Doing That They A Currently Doing / Prof. Osinbajo Says Man In The Pic Isn't His Father Or Blood Relative / ISIS Beheads Elderly Man Accused Of Witchcraft (gore Image Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Insane, Says Man Accused Of Murder by omataeje(m): 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2010
A 20-year-old man in Lagos, Marcelos Madukwe, who allegedly tortured a woman to death, has blamed it on insanity. “I am a psychiatric patient,” he told detectives.

The suspect allegedly beat 40 years old woman to death and told his investigators he didn’t know when he committed the alleged offence. “I was only told at the hospital that I killed somebody,” he said.
The suspect, however, spoke from both sides of the mouth, when he told journalists that he forgot the hospital, where he was being treated as a psychiatric patient.

The victim was said to be living with the suspect’s mother in the same room before her tragic death. The duo had misunderstanding, which resulted in a fight, which claimed her life.

The victim was beaten to a pulp and was rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, where doctors confirmed her dead. Detained at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos, Madukwe insisted he was out of his senses when he committed the dastardly act.

He said: “I think I was depressed at the time I killed her. I was moody when I knocked on the door but couldn’t recall what transpired after. My family loved that woman too much. She was ejected by her landlord and my mother accommodated her.”

Pensive Madukwe, however, pleaded for forgiveness. On the cause of his depression, he claimed it was because of his father who travelled to London nine years ago, abandoning them in Nigeria. Commenting on his alleged insanity, Lagos police spokesman, Mr. Frank Mba, said everyone is perceived to be of sound mind, even after committing crime, until the contrary is proved.
Re: I’m Insane, Says Man Accused Of Murder by violent(m): 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2010
@OP

i assume you believe this is very political, perhaps we should blame someone? . . i suggest a northern political candidate?
Re: I’m Insane, Says Man Accused Of Murder by Woke4all(m): 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2010
you go fear fear

(1) (Reply)

Britain Stresses Need For Credible Elections / New States No Longer Possible —reps / Fundamental Change;presidency To Overhaul Security Over Abuja, Jos, Borno Crises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.