Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Codeigniter Expert & Web 2.0 Ui Expert Needed For Social Web App Refactoring. - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Codeigniter Expert & Web 2.0 Ui Expert Needed For Social Web App Refactoring. (1233 Views)

*URGENT** PHP Developers With Codeigniter & Mysql Needed / Web & App Developers Wanted By Nairaland / Php Frameworks: Codeigniter & Pyrocms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Codeigniter Expert & Web 2.0 Ui Expert Needed For Social Web App Refactoring. by kodewrita(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2010
Hi,

I have failed in this respect before.

I launched a web app with the belief that I would iterate the design and development rapidly based on user comments. However we never got out of the gate.

the app was plain-looking and decidedly unattractive ( according to my unbiased younger sister). suffice it to say that we had total 20 users with two of them being test users for testing the features of the site.

I would like to do things differently this time.

I have built from scratch a social platform that fits my specifications exactly.

the social network OS behind it ( grin ) would probably be termed as Facebook inspired (profiles, comment-liking, friend requests, ajaxy effects etc ) but rigidly in line with the site's targeted aim (will keep that for now).

As of now, the 1.0 version of the application is complete but I would rather release something that looks real good than risk the social whipping i recieved last time.

Better to be humble and make a good CSS/UI friend than risk failure.

I dont mind rebuilding again as we can simply consider 1.0 as a live mockup. but it is definitely production ready and all necessary design/development compromises/decisions have been made and concluded.

NB: An indian Jquery expert friend of mine just signed on to the project so I guess your javascript skills may not be so stressed up. [b][/b]
Ownership of the application can be shared based on funds invested and of course some sweat equity. i have other innovative payment strategies that will not hog-tie you to something that might not succeed. And I have the funds to pay if you decide you want to do it as a contract.

Please list your skills and your portfolio will be of use too. If you have any web applications done (preferably failed ones) list them too, they will help me assess how useful your past experience will be to me .

To be concise, I need:

JQuery: someone to cleanup all the jquery code already on the site. knowledge of php(specifically codeigniter 1.7.2) will be useful. Ultimate task will be to unify all the code conveniently in the form of plugins and objects. Said person might also help refactor the Ajax gateway already coded. [Taken]

UI: Refactor the current design. Use of CSS frameworks is acceptable (restricted to Blueprint or fluid 960gs). Ability with photoshop will be a great advantage.

SEO: not yet but you can drop your contacts.

PHP: Codeigniter 1.7.2 coder [ability to implement PHP design patterns in Codeigniter syntax (Observer, Registry) is an added advantage].

If this thing gets off the ground, I assure you we will get to play with all the nice toys the big boys get to play with (fb and twitter) e.g EC2, Hadoop etc. funds available. all I need is great coders.

Please dont let me have to go it alone again.

Lets share the glory.
Re: Codeigniter Expert & Web 2.0 Ui Expert Needed For Social Web App Refactoring. by tokzhee: 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2010
been using codeigniter for a while now and i've developed enormous application with it. holla. 08161344460 or 08064753184

(1) (Reply)

Php And Javascript Programmer Needed For A Massive Project / Enterprise Resource Planning / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.