Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Kisses In The Air - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kisses In The Air (944 Views)

Stolen Kisses; Guilty Pleasures (A Short Story) / The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains / Top 5 Most Read Articles On Kisses 'n' Roses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kisses In The Air by Orikinla(m): 1:43am On May 27, 2007
She always said she was the one who came to me and she was the one who kissed me first.  But she only came for her own interests and the kiss was more like a peck.  It was on my birthday.

I went to visit her in Moremi Hall on the campus of the University of Lagos in 2001.
She was always excited anytime she saw me.  We have had a strange kind of attraction for each other.  She shared the room with over 10 other female students and it was crowded when I came.  She took me by my left hand and led me to another room with few students.  She took me behind a curtain and quickly kissed me.  I never expected it.  And it meant nothing to me.  It was just a kiss.  I was wondering what she could be thinking.  We have been platonic lovers for over five years and she only blew me kisses in the air.  She flirted with other guys and I left her to do as she wished.  I was never lonely.  I loved it that way.  I had lovers I was sleeping with and I never tried to sleep with her.

“When are you coming to Lagos?”  She asked.
“Next week.  Don’t be surprised if you see me on Tuesday,” I replied.
“I have got a new office!”  She told me excitedly.
“That’s good!  Well done.  How large is the office space?”
“It is the size of a four-bedroom flat.”
“Wow!  Baby, well done!”
“I cannot keep on waiting for you. I have paid for it,” she said plaintively.
I swallowed lumps of saliva.
I knew she was disappointed that I could not support her financially.
“Don’t worry baby.  I will be able to support you before the end of this year,” I assured her.  But, I did not tell her my honeymoon was already planned for September.  And she had no knowledge of my bride.  Only my younger sister knew that I was already engaged and would be wedding soon. I did not want to tell her the good news, because I did not want to shock her.  She believed that we would end up together in marriage.  But I knew that our affections were mere kisses in the air. When she had all my attention, she took my regular visits for granted. My good news could be bad news to her.
Bye bye to kisses in the air.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of Sidney Sheldon & Thomas Hardy? / <<*b0ok Swapping¤>> / Be A Better Writer And Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.