Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,670 members, 7,851,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:22 PM

Banking And Stress - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Banking And Stress (723 Views)

See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I / Careers For Graduate With Degree In Banking And Finance / Free Oil And Gas Training(pipe Design And Stress Analysis) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banking And Stress by 4bankers: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2010
Hello all
Banking, bankers, banks; anywhere these name are mentioned, they are embodiment of trust, hope, substance and stature. Wait make i explain!. After the clergy men, what other set of people do you think you can trust? Bankers of-course! They are trained to be trustworthy, reliable, strong, putting others first; i mean, , to know more about what they are, check out their appellations; "in your best interest", "big strong reliable", etc. Those stuffs were not "just" formulated, they are real and substantial.

check out all the industries we have in Nigeria; film, medical, engineering, legal, power etc, they are all rotten and can not be compared to what is obtainable in developed worlds. Only Banking have stepped up their games. They have proved to the world and to Nigeria itself that there is still hope. Banking here is what you get even in washington. Banks review their products and services regularly to make sure they are up to game. There are countless number of things a bank can do for you that you do not even know about.

An advice for marketers here. Sometimes, what a prospective customer needs is not where to warehouse his money, what he needs could just b are reallye a simple solution your bank is already offering, it will be easier convincing him to embrace what he really needs. If he can embrace that solution, you already have him/her, it will just be a matter of time (and i can assure you that you will not have to wait for too long.

Talking about handling stress, bankers are the only set of people that can handle stress most, considering all that they need to do, up for meeeeenn its killing, and they can still manage a smile at anytime. For those of you complaining about bankers and their attitude, it will not be too much if you greet them with a smile too while requesting for their services. for every reaction there must be an action. those guys are really trying making up for this country's lost glory. Pls lets help them.
Re: Banking And Stress by babsaga: 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2010
You can not have both, is either leisure minus money or stress plus money.
Re: Banking And Stress by Finecat(m): 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2010
@Poster

You can greet them if you like, me i will waive at them with one finger (Middle finger). Most of those bank workers has no business working in the bank. They are rude, uncaring and proud. Some of them think they are doing you a favour to bank with them. It's only now that their attitudes are getting better because they are losing their jobs and their salary is not that much any longer. Na by force to work in the bank, every job get stress, if you no fit stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
Re: Banking And Stress by DisGuy: 7:42am On Dec 02, 2010
Hahha Mr Finecat still around giving it to them grin

Banking here is what you get even in washington.

Yea right, the banks here require you to go to your home branch to get some service

imagine blue bank asking me where I opened my account instead of looking it up on their bloody computer
some even tell you to contact your 'home' branch so they can send you a debit card which will take 2 weeks shocked

in 2010 some still have only one cash-point outside their unnecessarily huge branches

and what's with the picture of the president and Governor they keep putting at the entrance
Re: Banking And Stress by yodiyokun(f): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2010
Dis Guy:

imagine blue bank asking me where I opened my account instead of looking it up on their bloody computer
some even tell you to contact your 'home' branch so they can send you a debit card which will take 2 weeks shocked

Seriously, who was that dumb teller, shoooo. Except Banks are no longer using globus or finacle as their banking app, your "account number" is typically composed of your branch no, currency, accounnt type and the real account number.
In my days we used to know a branch immediately you see the account number. Even 5 years ago you could service anyone irrespective of branch,
What of people that move houses, should they then move their account too, whats wrong with this bankers, only thinking of commission and bonus that will come to their bottom line.
Na wa ooo

(1) (Reply)

Need Help On Psychology / Phr And Cipm / Please Lets Advice A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.