Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? (16541 Views)

Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by donprinyo(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2019
Now I believe what mazi nnamdi Kanu has been saying. FG plans to cripple south is to deny dem electricity.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Badooguy: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
Have been enjoying light here at Onne prodeco camp for the past 4years that am here
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by karferguso(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
Light has been on for close to 40 hours here in Shangisha Magodo

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by yesloaded: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
stable electricity supply with the help of my power generating set

I am not sure IBEDC will make heaven

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by gratiaeo(m): 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
Agbara light is pathetic
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by ThegreatLion: 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

As a real niggarrr
I must tell you Edo state is worse

I must say there is no improvement

Pz sapele road in Benin city is dog shit
Na PZ Road you dey stay
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by goshen26: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
Here in Adegbayi, ibadan, where I'm currently celebrating with my in-laws; there was light since last night till around 2pm today 26/12/19.

This may be due to the fact that heavy energy consuming factories and industries have closed down for the year, and the energy must be consumed.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by owunabastard: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
I weep for these two states, Edo and Delta. Very terrible mentality of their people

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by H2ho(m): 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
czarina:
You know I was going to edit it, right? cheesy
Yeah...I catch you baby grin kiss
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by sotall(m): 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
post=85234425:
It has been very good and on point.

This is how things should be in our darling nation.

Slow and steady we will get to a New and better Nigeria.

Better days ahead for all of us that believe in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.

Meanwhile,
Still savouring the best Christmas ever......
Thank You Jesus!

Feliz Navidad
Feliz Navidad
Feliz Navidad
Prospero año y felicidad

I want to wish you a Merry Christmas
From the bottom of my heart

Please tell us where you live.

Even if it were a forest without transformer, as far as you are concerned Powe is there
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by kamikaz1: 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
Here near ikotun, its been almost 24 hrs daily for the past 5 days

It's been white Christmas in my freezer.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by pointstores(m): 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2019
Switch to affordable solar
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by aalangel(f): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2019
Oregun is normally stable and even more stable now.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
SocialJustice:
Benin Republic has light more than Nigeria.
... You can imagine... We are doomed
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by edoairways: 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Bedwyr:
Very good actually

But one thing Nigerians have to realize

We generate 7000MW on a good day...a really good day.

We need about an additional 40000 mw before we can see good power.

And it is going to cost a lot of money.

7000MW...of which 2000mw is lost due to a bad transmission system, isn't going to supply light 24/7 for 200million people.

MODIFIED

Most African countries basically supply power to selected regions, and leave the rest in darkness. That's what the DISCOS and GENCOS are doing codedly in Nigeria.
Exactly! Household are rationed.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Gordson: 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Even if you have electricity in your area there are millions of people who don't have.

Thunder Fire buhari and all our past leaders responsible for poor electricity in the country.

I mean not ordinary Thunder but a better one.

Nonsense people

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by ayobank147(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
lipsrsealed light ke, before na fuel scarcity they rock the boat of Christmas and new year celebration but now light is now hike and scares........
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Idadurun: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Anwons:
Here in Eleme, Rivers State, the LGA Chairman had to visit their state office at Trans-Amadi few days before Christmas where he was told that Local Government is about 1.4 billion billion naira.

Men, hmmm, for light we have not been seeing? But the good thing is that they brought the light yesterday (25th) morning.
You are absolutely correct. Okrika is a worst case scenario. The last time we enjoyed light was 2014, the funeral of the mother of the former first lady, dame patience Jonathan.

Currently, Okrika is the host local government of darkness yet we pay for the blackout.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by philip0906(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
onlyonechid84:
Stable light In most part of kaduna that I visited since 24th till now
Visited KD early this year and was shocked at how they enjoy electricity there
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by chrischina(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Same in my area no light since yesterday, this con3 self
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by edoairways: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

As a real niggarrr
I must tell you Edo state is worse

I must say there is no improvement

Pz sapele road in Benin city is dog shit

Even sometimes when i also come to book an hotel in play house okhoro during weekends still it same

Then ugbowo, ekosodin, edpa abi bdpa and osasogie are worse because some of my real niggarrrz stay there especially bdpa
BEDC is useless

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Wonderlabius: 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
here in Lagos....chemist in bariga. 9 days uninterrupted power supply. the light did not even blink for the past 9 days..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by wajaja: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2019
donprinyo:

Na so una like am nah, to cripple south and thinking north will grow?

Baba abeg no vex...na work transfer me ome here oooo�
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by edoairways: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2019
Deltatoto:
delta state is d highest purchasers of generator in Africa.no light in delta state
Can you categorically state the locations experiencing it in Delta state?
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by shidof(m): 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
At Bariga here, olorunkemi area precisely. We didn't have light from last week Thursday till this week Monday. Since they brought it on Monday, We've been using 4-5 hours per days even on Xmas day, there's was no difference. Thunder fire PHCN

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by ikorodureporta: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
nepa na scam. I wonder where all d light cone from..
Dem jst hit us with almost N10k Nov bill, from N5k
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Vikkiediamond: 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
In my area nusuratu isolo we haven't seen light since let's say 24 of December
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Saint99: 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
[You are right in your assessment but this excuse is not acceptable at all from Nigeria as a Nation.
I have been opportuned to visit few tiny Arab countries with population just about 3M whose electricity generation stand at 8GW, Same oil producing Nations like Nigeria.

quote author=Bedwyr post=85234409]Very good actually

But one thing Nigerians have to realize

We generate 7000MW on a good day...a really good day.

We need about an additional 40000 mw before we can see good power.

And it is going to cost a lot of money.

7000MW...of which 2000mw is lost due to a bad transmission system, isn't going to supply light 24/7 for 200million people.

MODIFIED

Most African countries basically supply power to selected regions, and leave the rest in darkness. That's what the DISCOS and GENCOS are doing codedly in Nigeria.[/quote]
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Alvin212(m): 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
Here in nsukka.
At least
15 hours every day
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Yemi7up: 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
Very poor has usual.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
Saint99:
[You are right in your assessment but this excuse is not acceptable at all from Nigeria as a Nation.
I have been opportuned to visit few tiny Arab countries with population just about 3M whose electricity generation stand at 8GW, Same oil producing Nations like Nigeria.

Well, here is the thing about Arab nations

1.UAE produces 3.6 million barrels of crude per day...almost the same as Nigeria (on a good day)...and has a population of 11 million people.

2.Kuwait produces 2.6 million bpd...(0.4million more than Nigeria on a good day) and has a population of 4.21 million people.

3.Saudi Arabia produces 10 million barrels of crude per day....(five times more than Nigeria...ans has a populaiton of 11 million people.

4.Nigeria produces 2.2million barrels, on a good day for 200million people

Think about it this way...two men with families earn N200000 monthly. One man has two kids, the other has 12 children and two dependents. Who is going to look poorer at the end of the day?

Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and UAE can affrod to pay for good power supply because they are the man with two kids on N200000 monthly. Nigeria on the other hand is the man with 12 kids and dependents on N200000.

Nigeria has an economy that is dependent on oil...and people who think that we should fund our economy based on selling oil and sharing the money...instead of industries.The thing is, such a model is not sustainable.

The thing is, we should be using our oil money to fund power, railways and road transport. But because this means no more fuel subsides, and higher school fees, higher transport fees, etc...and no money to share, Nigerians don't want that.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Obaseki Wants PDP Exco Dissolved, Ex-Edo APC Chair, Ojezua As New Chairman / Hypocrisy!!! Pdp Chairman Adamu Mu'azu Signed Sharia into law in Bauchi / Buhari May Not Name Ministers Until September - PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.