Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas (63275 Views)

Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? / The Covenant Of Prophet Muhammad With The Christians Of Sinai / The Forgotten Christians Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by myobjective: 7:06am On Dec 27, 2019
[quote author=Osaze007 post=8524
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by myobjective: 7:06am On Dec 27, 2019
Osaze007:

I know that’s why I said Oyo and Osun are the only Yoruba states where Muslims are up to 40%

I have lived in Abeokuta ijebu Oyo Ilorin Akure and Lagos

I have lived among Yorubas since I was little I know them inside out

But I am Yoruba from birth, would you know Yoruba more than I do?

Ondo and Ekiti state is the only Christian majority state in the southwest and even in these state particularly in Ondo state, Muslim is still a majority in the Akoko axis a geopolitical zone with like four local government, there sizeable Muslim in Ondo town and Owo. Muslim will be at least 25% to 30% of Ondo state. The last governor of the state was a Muslim by birth.

Oyo is the most populous state by the indigenous population in the south-west, they are a majority Muslim state 60%

Osun state are majority Muslim state 70%

Ogun 55%

Lagos is hard to call but among Yoruba there, about 45% should be Muslim.

Since around 75% of Kwara population is Yoruba, Muslim should 75% of the Yoruba populprodominatle

Kogi west is predominantly Christians

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by 9jakool: 7:47am On Dec 27, 2019
myobjective:

But I am Yoruba from birth, would you know Yoruba more than I do?

Ondo and Ekiti state is the only Christian majority state in the southwest and even in these state particularly in Ondo state, Muslim is still a majority in the Akoko axis a geopolitical zone with like four local government, there sizeable Muslim in Ondo town and Owo. Muslim will be at least 25% to 30% of Ondo state. The last governor of the state was a Muslim by birth.

Oyo is the most populous state by the indigenous population in the south-west, they are a majority Muslim state 60%

Osun state are majority Muslim state 70%

Ogun 55%

Lagos is hard to call but among Yoruba there, about 45% should be Muslim.

Since around 75% of Kwara population is Yoruba, Muslim should 75% of the Yoruba populprodominatle

Kogi west is predominantly Christians

The last governor of Ondo just like the last governor of Osun were both born into mixed Christian-muslim families. Mimiko ended up being Christian and Aregbesola became Muslim.

What makes Ogun 55% muslim as opposed to just half which I can give you.

You could say 75% of Ilorin is muslim NOT 75% of Kwara. Kwara is more than just Ilorin. In Kwara, there are predominantly Christian Ekiti area near the border with Kogi.

Osun State is NOT 70% muslim. The Ijesa, Igbomina and Ife areas of the state are predominantly Christians and they constitute 1/2 of the state's population.

6 Likes

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 7:56am On Dec 27, 2019
Kubernetes:

Interesting.
Which local gvt?

Illela local govt
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by idiege12(m): 8:07am On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Are you hausa or fulani?

From the question, I could tell you not from the core North or don't base here. We have people we call Hausa fulanis e.g the Ado Bayeros and Lamido family of Kano, most emits in the North are Hausa fulanis. Stop asking tvpid questions.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by idiege12(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2019
thatigboman:
hausa and fulani are 2 distinct separate tribes. State yours

We have Hausa fulani brother. If you live in Kano, like I do, you will know. The Kano emirate family are Hausa fulani, Buhari is Hausa fulani, many are here.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by DexterousOne(m): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2019
abuhlawal:

just like the minority indigenous Muslims in South East Nigeria like in Ebonyi, Imo Enugu and the rest of the states. The So called elites are brothers in all aspects, the difference is only seen in the masses. It's so unfortunate to be from this part of the world. why is it that everything in Nigeria must cause trouble.

Very unfortunate really
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by rhames(m): 10:11am On Dec 27, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Yoruba Muslims will not like these

Expect Muric to react soon.

Do the heads of MURIC ever travel outside the southwest, let alone know that there are Hausas Christains in Hausa land.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Kubernetes: 10:21am On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

Illela local govt

Ok good to know.
So ke bahausa ce ko wani yare?
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2019
Kubernetes:

Ok good to know.
So ke bahausa ce ko wani yare?
You can guess
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by UNCL3(m): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2019
namiji2598:
there is a clear difference between a northern Christian and a hausa Christian.
the former exist but their is nothing like a hausa Christian sir!!!
am a Northern Christian too.....their is no way ur gf can be a hausa Christian, only if her parents are Muslims and she could call converted to Christianity, or she is jus a Northern girl not hausa girl
Guy my babe is Hausa
Both parents Hausa

I no what m typing.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by darfay: 11:36am On Dec 27, 2019
bashir1451:

This your assertion is not true, there is no Local govt. In the north that is entirely christian even in Taraba and Plateau states.

Benue state nko

Cc Nowenuse
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Hardeybohwarley(m): 11:45am On Dec 27, 2019
eduman365:

Keep quiet! There is religious extremism in the north, kano especially. Kano state university refused to allow Christian fellowship on campus. If it were the other way round, your type will come here to hit your head on the ground to complain. Hypocrite.
And you were alive when Rivers state Governor declared the state a Christian state. Don't play victim as it is everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by bbamusa: 12:02pm On Dec 27, 2019
Gistme12:
This is lovely. May God keep them standing to the end
rubish
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Angelou(m): 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Not news
There ar many indigenous Christian in Northern Nigeria.
The entire Tafawa Belewa local govt nd sayawa tribe in Bauchi ar Christians.
Kaltungo people ar Christians with about 95% of southern Gombe people being Christians
About 98% of Sabon gari people in Kano are also Christians.
The entire Southern Kaduna indigenes ar Christians
You are right..
but Sabo Gari isn't inhabited by Kano indigenes, but Southerners rather.
Christians and Muslims alike
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Not news
There ar many indigenous Christian in Northern Nigeria.
The entire Tafawa Belewa local govt nd sayawa tribe in Bauchi ar Christians.
Kaltungo people ar Christians with about 95% of southern Gombe people being Christians
About 98% of Sabon gari people in Kano are also Christians.
The entire Southern Kaduna indigenes ar Christians

You are making a mistake.

Southern Kaduna, Tafawa balewa and Southern Gombe (Kaltungo) people are not Hausa Christians. All these people only speak Hausa as a 2nd language.

The real Hausa Christians are those who are indigenes of Kano, Zaria, Katsina, Jigawa & Zamfara states. They speak Hausa as a first and only language, get the difference.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Kubernetes: 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

You can guess

Ok cool u.
But the name asas does not match smn from sokoto.
Any taughts?
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
There are over a million indigenous Katsina state Christians just like over 30% of Kebbi state is indigenous Christians.

Jigawa has sizeable indigenous Christians too.

Before the murderous jihad of Othman Danfodio across the north, the entire north was like a typical African communities with various Shrines and religions.

You are correct, but the difference is that most Christians in Kebbi state are not Hausa by tribe, they are mostly Lelna (Dakarkari) by tribe from Zuru. It is the Christians in Jigawa, Kano, Katsina & Zaria that are indigenous Hausa Christians.
Most Nigerians, including even some Hausa fulanis don't know the difference.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2019
Hardeybohwarley:

And you were alive when Rivers state Governor declared the state a Christian state. Don't play victim as it is everywhere.

Adebowale, he can call it a Christian state because Rivers people are predominantly Christians. Yet, he has never infringed on the rights of any Muslim in Rivers, if you have contradictory proof, bring it out. The north has been practicing sharia law for years, even when it contradicts some laws of this country, nobody has done anything about it. The north on the other hand is notorious for burning churches and abusing Christians. Even Boko Haram initially were targeting Christians before they started attacking everybody altogether.

Muslims have not faced 1 percent of the persecution christians have faced in this country, your conscience should prick you if you're still a human being. Every trouble Nigeria is passing through in this country is from Islamist extremists because a christian won't blow up people claiming that Jesus told him to do that.

As a Yoruba man, I am ashamed of you.

3 Likes

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2019
Omoslim26:

why una no dey think bfore una type
do you know how many Christians we have in South Kaduna

or you just wan masturbate with dis una yoruba vs igbo matter

make una sha no carry dis una rubbish enter 2020 for dis forum

Southern Kaduna people are not Hausa Christians. Gosh, I think I need to make a post about this on nairaland. Most people don't know the difference.

It is the indigenous Christians of Zaria (northern Kaduna), Kano, Katsina, Jigawa & Zamfara that are Hausa Christians.
Southern Kaduna people are just like Plateau & Nasarawa people. We have our own languages but only speak Hausa as a 2nd language.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
Neoteny:
They're not hausa christians

They're christians resident in kano who happen to speak hausa

No, these are indigenous Hausa Christians formerly known as Maguzawa and there are about 2 million of them spread across Zaria, Kano, Katsina states.
They are different from Southern Kaduna or Plateau kind of Christians who speak Hausa as a 2nd language.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Glad you pointed out their ethnicity. They're not Hausa.

Yes they are, those ones are.
The person u quoted doesn't know the difference between indigenous Hausa Christians and Southern Kaduna Christians who speak Hausa as a 2nd language.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

LMAO! Over a million of your father's relatives yeah? 30% of kaduna, sure but kebbi? LOOL! Pulling numbers out of your behind don't make them true.

50% of Kaduna and 20-25% of Kebbi.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

There's no such thing as a Hausa Christian. Maybe some northern minority but not Hausas.

This is the most ignorant post anyone could make.
There are not less than 2 million indigenous maguzawa Hausa Christians spread across from Zaria to Kano and Katsina and few in Jigawa & Zamfara.

These Christians have no other language and culture apart from Hausa.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Neoteny(m): 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

No, these are indigenous Hausa Christians formerly known as Maguzawa and there are about 2 million of them spread across Zaria, Kano, Katsina states.
They are different from Southern Kaduna or Plateau kind of Christians who speak Hausa as a 2nd language.

You're right

Though Wikipedia says they're sub-hausa..... Whatever that means.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2019
D1zion:
some indigence of kano are Christian but they are very few.

They are not as few as you think. In Kano alone, they are not less than 500k, likewise in Zaria & Katsina too.
You just don't know they are Christians because they answer Hausa Bible or Arabic names and dress no different from the muslims in order to fit into the society.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by namiji2598: 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2019
UNCL3:

Guy my babe is Hausa
Both parents Hausa

I no what m typing.
the only hausa Christian that we have in Nigeria, are the ones that converted from Islam, nothing more nothing less,
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2019
Neoteny:

You're right

Though Wikipedia says they're sub-hausa..... Whatever that means.

They are not sub Hausa rather they are the real pure Hausas who never intermixed with Fulanis or adopted Islam. They still practice the original ancient Hausa culture which most Islamized Hausas of today have abandoned.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2019
Goalnaldo:
Hausa Christians are so nice. I used to have a friend here in ibusa by name Hannah. I think she's from Katsina or Nasarawa. Very nice girl. I still regret not asking her out. They relocated to Warri few years ago.

If she is from Katsina, she is a Hausa Christian, if she is from Nasarawa state, then she is not Hausa, rather she speaks Hausa as a 2nd language.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2019
GuestLog:
They are non indigines of Kano but settlers from various tribes. Understand the topic and get your facts right.

No, those are indigenes of Kano. They are not the Southern Kaduna or Plateau kind of Christians.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2019
namiji2598:
Stop deceiving ya self, I have stayed in all those places u mentioned, am a southern gombe boy, kaltungo to be precise. base in kano, lived in kaduna south before,
40% of southern gombe are Muslims, 20% of southern kaduna are Muslims, 20% of sabon gari Kano are Muslims

40% of Southern Gombe being muslims is the biggest joke of the century. They are not even up to 20%... Do u think Southern Gombe begins and ends in Kaltungo town? Have u travelled through the interior villages of Southern Gombe and see that majority of them don't have mosques?

People just like to conclude the population of an entire place based on the roadside of the town, forgetting that there are dozens of villages before and after a town.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
Chartey:

Some people don't understand your point but you're also not being honest. There are pure Hausa people who are Christians. A sizeable indigent population of places like Malumfashi and Mani local govts in Katsina are pure Hausa and Christian. They have no other ethnicity. There are other places like that across the core northwestern Hausa and Fulani States. I'm not talking about people like the Zurus in Kebbi, I'm talking real Hausa. It's something Muslim Hausa people don't like to admit and it's true that they're marginalised in their own states. It's the same way Igbos don't like to admit there are real Igbo Muslims in places like Ebonyi and Enugu.

Thank u for hitting the nail on the head. The amount of ignorance in Nigeria is appaling.
Most people think Southern Kaduna people are the Hausa Christians being talked about. ...

However, Igbo muslims are not as real as Hausa Maguzawa Christians cos Islam never penetrated or held sway in any town, community or part of Igbo land, unlike Hausa land where you have dozens and dozens of villages who are all christians and never accepted Islam at any point in time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.