Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? (860 Views)

Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies / Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by lacasera14(m): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
Seasons Greetings Nairalanders.
I've been on fiverr for about a year now and I'm yet to get an order. In the past when the writing niche was less crowded and the population was relatively lesser, Fiverr and Upwork used to be lucrative. I guess that narrative has changed in recent times. I've applied every rule in the book on how to succeed on these platforms, all to no avail. Are there other viable platforms with less competition and better chances of landing orders swiftly?
Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by AJSfan: 5:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
Absolutely! I don't use Fiverr though but I have been freelancing on Upwork since June of this year and I started making sales within my first two weeks there even though I had read about people who exhausted their 20 free connects without getting any client, I got two clients with my free connects. Few months later I learned how to approve account and started doing it here and within this period I have seen some rise very fast while others just couldn't do anything. From my observations, many people joined with the wrong mindset. Yes , freelancing can make you a millionaire but that will not happen overnight. First, you have to build credibility, I researched a lot before starting to submit proposals, one of the tip I used was gotten from one Nairalander known as wicked Fred. It involved making an offer to write a free sample (as a writer) for the client to e able to test your skill level. This was what got me my first coupe of job. Every market in the world is saturated, but some people still break in and excel. Have a correct mindset, be ready to over deliver and you will get that positive review(s) that will help your account get growing.

3 Likes

Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by lacasera14(m): 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
AJSfan:
Absolutely! I don't use Fiverr though but I have been freelancing on Upwork since June of this year and I started making sales within my first two weeks there even though I had read about people who exhausted their 20 free connects without getting any client, I got two clients with my free connects. Few months later I learned how to approve account and started doing it here and within this period I have seen some rise very fast while others just couldn't do anything. From my observations, many people joined with the wrong mindset. Yes , freelancing can make you a millionaire but that will not happen overnight. First, you have to build credibility, I researched a lot before starting to submit proposals, one of the tip I used was gotten from one Nairalander known as wicked Fred. It involved making an offer to write a free sample (as a writer) for the client to e able to test your skill level. This was what got me my first coupe of job. Every market in the world is saturated, but some people still break in and excel. Have a correct mindset, be ready to over deliver and you will get that positive review(s) that will help your account get growing.
thanks man. This has encouraged me.

1 Like

Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by AJSfan: 11:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
lacasera14:
thanks man. This has encouraged me.
you are very welcome
Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by 9jayes: 6:29am On Dec 28, 2019
Bring your fiverr and upwork funds of any amount from $1 to $2k

Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by Danielbobosky(m): 7:19am On Dec 28, 2019
Every genuine hustle requires patience and close attention, Fiverr isn't an exception. I started Fiverr early 2017 and didn't make sales until Nov 2017 that same year.

I didn't make much in 2018 as Fiverr started implementing harsh policies for sellers which I got frustrated with and left my account in July. At some point,

After much encouragement by my guy who is also in the hustle, I decided to go back to Fiverr earlier this year.

I started where I left off and much to the glory of God, I've made over 3k dollar on Fiverr this year alone. My best year ever as a Fiverian.

This didn't come without its challenges, at some point Fiverr CS disabled my account but I was able to get it back within few days but then the orders I was working on($200 plus) have all gone and my gigs gone too.

Fiverr unlike most hustle is not a get rich quick scheme but with appropriate mindset and set skills, you'll make sales. And don't ever think of giving up if you've already started.

Here's a tip.. Go on Fiverr, check and see what other sellers in your niche are doing that you are not doing right. Edit your gig and implement those changes, stay online always and make use of buyers request(make sure you exhaust your 10 offer per day).

Communication with your prospective buyers is also very important, don't be too quick to send an offer or cajole them into ordering from you. Let the conversation flow and provide answers to there necessary questions.

One last thing, narrow the services you offer to one niche. For instance, if you're into writing. Instead of creating multiple gigs on content writing, ebook writing and article writing etc. Narrow it down to only content writing or article writing, then create as many gig as you are allowed to create on that particular niche.

This was what worked for me and I pray it works for you too. Give Fiverr your time and you'll make sales.

I wish you Good luck in your hustle cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by AJSfan: 8:58am On Dec 28, 2019
so true.
Danielbobosky:
Every genuine hustle requires patience and close attention, Fiverr isn't an exception. I started Fiverr early 2017 and didn't make sales until Nov 2017 that same year.

I didn't make much in 2018 as Fiverr started implementing harsh policies for sellers which I got frustrated with and left my account in July. At some point,

After much encouragement by my guy who is also in the hustle, I decided to go back to Fiverr earlier this year.

I started where I left off and much to the glory of God, I've made over 3k dollar on Fiverr this year alone. My best year ever as a Fiverian.

This didn't come without its challenges, at some point Fiverr CS disabled my account but I was able to get it back within few days but then the orders I was working on($200 plus) have all gone and my gigs gone too.

Fiverr unlike most hustle is not a get rich quick scheme but with appropriate mindset and set skills, you'll make sales. And don't ever think of giving up if you've already started.

Here's a tip.. Go on Fiverr, check and see what other sellers in your niche are doing that you are not doing right. Edit your gig and implement those changes, stay online always and make use of buyers request(make sure you exhaust your 10 offer per day).

Communication with your prospective buyers is also very important, don't be too quick to send an offer or cajole them into ordering from you. Let the conversation flow and provide answers to there necessary questions.

One last thing, narrow the services you offer to one niche. For instance, if you're into writing. Instead of creating multiple gigs on content writing, ebook writing and article writing etc. Narrow it down to only content writing or article writing, then create as many gig as you are allowed to create on that particular niche.

This was what worked for me and I pray it works for you too. Give Fiverr your time and you'll make sales.

Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by jonextee(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2019
Danielbobosky:

Bro... Thanks for the heads up.

Is your acct Nigerian or foreign?
Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by Danielbobosky(m): 9:18am On Dec 28, 2019
jonextee:

Bro... Thanks for the heads up.

Is your acct Nigerian or foreign?

Nigeria. I started off as a foreigner before I got deported. However, I've made more money than I could have ever made as a foreigner.
Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by jonextee(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
Danielbobosky:

Nigeria. I started off as a foreigner before I got deported. However, I've made more money than I could have ever made as a foreigner.

Same as me bro but now Nigerian. Just having problems ranking my gig back.

Can u pls send ur mail so we can rub minds better?

Thanks.
Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by africanman85: 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
I was making fine on fiverr before one client gave me 1 star bad review. This job took me more than 10 days to finish and he was satisfied initially and told me to delete just a text from a video I made for him which I did perfectly but b4 he could give me rating, fiverr deported. The guy gave me 1 star. Now I don't know how to neutralize his 1 star.
Re: Are Fiverr And Upwork Still Viable For Newbies? by Danielbobosky(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
jonextee:

Same as me bro but now Nigerian. Just having problems ranking my gig back.

Can u pls send ur mail so we can rub minds better?

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Google Admob For Non Cheats / Which Web Development Company Can Develop A Unique Mobile Application For My Bus / How Profitable Is POS Business .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.