Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

The Islamic Perspective On Feminism - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Islamic Perspective On Feminism (10652 Views)

Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Cremation- The Islamic Perspective / Sex Dolls Or Our Women (An Islamic Perspective) -Hashimyussufamao. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by MuslimHowto: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
The whole concept of feminism revolves around the belief that women should have equal rights as men. It is a political movement fighting for the equality of men and women in all aspects of life. Before going further I would like to refer to chapter 4:34 of the Quran which says:

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) form their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband’s absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband’s property, etc.).

As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great.”

This means that the responsibility of protecting and maintaining women lies on men as their superiors.

Feminists argue that legal and social restrictions on women must be removed in order to bring such equality. This brings us to the question ‘what are those restrictions put on women?’ among these said restrictions is that of inheritance that a male’s portion is equal to that of two females. There is no doubt that Islam fights for the freedom of women.

Also Read: Is Camel Hump Hijab Style Haram?

Let’s check with history. Before the advent of Islam, women were not values in society. They were treated like slaves and sex slaves. Whoever gave birth to a female child saw it as bad luck and had to bury the child alive. Women were denied their rights and had no right to inherit.

They were also properties to be inherited.
With the advent of Islam, these practices were wiped away. Women were given the right to inherit; the practice of burying women alive was stopped. Islam raised the status of women and women became valuable and precious in society. On the other hand, Islam did justice by making the share of a male equal the share of two females in inheritance.

This is because men are burdened with greater responsibilities than women. Women themselves are among the responsibilities of men. So, the responsibilities of men cannot be compared with that of women. Here Islam did justice, not equality.

Another said the restriction is that of dress code and that of limiting women’s movement. Feminists see it as oppression; to make women
cover their bodies with the Hijab and to limit their movements.

But the fact to be considered is that if something is precious to a person, he protects and safeguards it. The same way Islam protects and safeguards women through the Hijab because women are precious. Regarding the limitation of movement, people don’t take their values everywhere, the same with women; they aren’t supposed to be roaming about anyhow.

A study was conducted in a 2013 poll of 585 randomly selected adults from six Nigerian geopolitical zones by NOI polls, 34% answered ‘Who do you think is the most prevalent cause of rape in the society?’ with ‘indecent dressing’. 29% said they personally knew a victim of rape (Wikipedia). Although a woman considered indecently dressed is not an invitation to rape, women are made to cover and stay safe in Islam.

Furthermore, regarding women with jobs, the most recommended jobs for women are jobs like nursing, catering, teaching, business, and several others. Stressful jobs like bricklaying, construction work are not recommended for women because a woman is not meant to go through such stress. Time-consuming jobs are also not recommended. This is because a woman who is very committed to work will have no time for her responsibilities as a wife and mother.

Islam does not oppress women, rather; fights, provides for and cares for women’s freedom, comfort and wellbeing.

source: https://www.muslimhowto.com/2019/10/islamic-perspective-on-feminism.html

13 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by AntiChristian: 8:56am On Dec 27, 2019
A man and a woman are different biologically and so have different roles to play!

9 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2019
You do not need to protect women if you men stop behaving like pigs, and the entire idea of feminism is to make men human. You are after all called to protect women from yourselves, no?

Since you men refuse to protect women from yourselves, women shall gang up as feminists and protect themselves until you men stop behaving like pigs.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by aadoiza: 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
budaatum:
You do not need to protect women if you men stop behaving like pigs, and the entire idea of feminism is to make men human. You are after all called to protect women from yourselves, no?

Since you men refuse to protect women from yourselves, women shall gang up as feminists and protect themselves until you men stop behaving like pigs.
Don't be deceived, buda. Women cannot protect themselves from men except by men's leave.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
aadoiza:

Don't be deceived, buda. Women cannot protect themselves from men except by men's leave.
I think you are the one who's being deceived as women can very well protect themselves, though that's not my point.

How can men protect women from men?
Shouldn't the men just stop behaving like pigs?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by aadoiza: 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
budaatum:

I think you are the one who's being deceived as women can very well protect themselves, though that's not my point.

I believe it happens everywhere, when some guys would jump into fight just to save a woman they've never met. I even remember many years ago, before this bitter Feminism, how the big Bros for our area saved a Ghanaian girl from being raped by some touts. I remember when my older bro lead a lady, who prior to this was not on friendly terms with my bro, to a guy's house who had earlier slapped this lady. She could not do nothing, but cried uncontrollably amidst her many brothers.
My macho bro cheesy showed up, lead them all to the guy's for the lady to return the slap.

I remember when oshodi was yet oshodi in the mid 90s, not the butty oshodi we have now, how the presence of my same big bro, and his big black pugilist knuckles saved our oldest sis from being mugged right in open at oshodi.

I also remember when a lady beat up a conductor at pero b/stop, Agege. Who taught her how to fight? A man, buda.

If you grew up in a tough hood you go understand.

12 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
aadoiza:

I believe it happens everywhere, when some guys would jump into fight just to save a woman they've never met. I even remember many years ago, before this bitter Feminism, how the big Bros for our area saved a Ghanaian girl from being raped by some touts. I remember when my older bro lead a lady, who prior to this was not on friendly terms with my bro, to a guy's house who had earlier slapped this lady. She could not do nothing, but cried uncontrollably amidst her many brothers.
My macho bro cheesy showed up, lead them all to the guy's for the lady to return the slap.

I remember when oshodi was yet oshodi in the mid 90s, not the butty oshodi we have now, how the presence of my same big bro, and his big black pugilist knuckles saved our oldest sis from being mugged right in open at oshodi.

I also remember when a lady beat up a conductor at pero b/stop, Agege. Who taught her how to fight? A man, buda.

You do know women learn taekwando, right, and can box too if they train to?

Go pick a fight with Nicola Adams then tell me who needs protection.

13 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by aadoiza: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
budaatum:

What makes you think I can't box.
Why not tell your almighty Nicola to pick a fight with Wilder.
The best female fighters in the world can't even take on strong fellas in the street. If you know you know.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
aadoiza:

What makes you think I can't box.
Why not tell your almighty Nicola to pick a fight with Wilder.
The best female fighters in the world can't even take on strong fellas in the street. If you know you know.
Is Wilder roaming 90s Oshodi? Can Nicola not protect herself from most men?

Sad thing is that the subjugation of women is historical and a detriment to society, and does not even conform to "God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them".

I hope you would not apply your thinking to your own daughter, even if you have applied it to your wife and mother, and would bring her up instead to be the equal of any man and capable of doing much more than them too.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by aadoiza: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
budaatum:

Is Wilder roaming 90s Oshodi? Can Nicola not protect herself from most men?

Sad thing is that the subjugation of women is historical and a detriment to society, and does not even conform to "God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them".

I hope you would not apply your thinking to your own daughter, even if you have applied it to your wife and mother, and would bring her up instead to be the equal of any man and capable of doing much more than them too.

Don't get all emotional on me now. Me just dey catch cruise ni o

All you women still need our protection nevertheless.

4 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
aadoiza:

Don't get all emotional on me now. Me just dey catch cruise ni o

All you women still need our protection nevertheless.
Emotional is when you call Nicola "your almighty".

What women need is for men to be enlightened and stop behaving like pigs.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
aadoiza:

Don't get all emotional on me now.
Shame on you by the way for inferring my tits make me weak when what is being engaged here is the mind.

5 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by aadoiza: 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
budaatum:

Shame on you by the way for inferring my tits makes me weak, when what is being engaged here is the mind.
Na wa for you self. You're making shoddy inferences. Result of too much unnecessary emotion.

Feminism shouldn't be tantamount to filling your breast with abhorrence towards men. It shouldn't be about equality but rather about equity. Yes, buda, women will never be equal to men, but that does not mean they can't operate on equal footing with men.

By the way, if one were to gingerly observe this bloody shenanigans being propagated by man-wannabe loopy feminists—intending to cage men—the implicit dishonesty and the perversion of divine order being marketed in such an unsavoury endeavour would manifest even to the most blinkered to realities.

Your pathetic feminism is hate-hinged, and a seemly avenue to bring forth needless acrimony and bewilderment in an already well-established, well-understood and wholesome symbiosis. Any flimsy attempt to scuttle or truncate that Godly age-old relationship shall be met with revulsion and deemed satanically-demonic and demonically-satanic.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by aadoiza: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
budaatum:

Emotional is when you call Nicola "your almighty".

What women need is for men to be enlightened and stop behaving like pigs.
grin grin But you wanted your Nicola to beat up my arse na. E go resemble shiit for your eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 4:45am On Dec 31, 2019
aadoiza:

grin grin But you wanted your Nicola to beat up my arse na. E go resemble shiit for your eyes
Let me know when you decide to discuss intelligently Adozia. You are capable.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 6:08am On Dec 31, 2019
aadoiza:

Na wa for you self. You're making shoddy inferences. Result of too much unnecessary emotion.

Feminism shouldn't be tantamount to filling your breast with abhorrence towards men. It shouldn't be about equality but rather about equity. Yes, buda, women will never be equal to men, but that does not mean they can't operate on equal footing with men.

By the way, if one were to gingerly observe this bloody shenanigans being propagated by man-wannabe loopy feminists—intending to cage men—the implicit dishonesty and the perversion of divine order being marketed in such an unsavoury endeavour would manifest even to the most blinkered to realities.

Your pathetic feminism is hate-hinged, and a seemly avenue to bring forth needless acrimony and bewilderment in an already well-established, well-understood and wholesome symbiosis. Any flimsy attempt to scuttle or truncate that Godly age-old relationship shall be met with revulsion and deemed satanically-demonic and demonically-satanic.
Not all feminist want to cage men. Some just demand to be treated with regard and respect. It's just a pity some men are pigs that no sensible woman would wish to reduce herself to be equal to.

As for "Godly age-old", "God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them", sounds pretty equal to me until men redefined it and made themselves superior, which they obviously aren't.

11 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Newnas(m): 9:57am On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

Yet they need to lift half of what men lift.

I remember as a young boy my father Tom me Surulere stadium. One of the matches was a under 13 boys with senior Pepsi girls team. The girls won 2-1 shaa after plenty. Imagine if they had played with under 17-boys let alone their mates!

And just last year Newcastle's teenage boys beat Australia's international female team (The Matildas) 7-0.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-28/matildas-face-backlash-after-loss-to-boys-team/7456458

So imagine if they had played against the male team of Newcastle. Or even the first team of Real Madrid!

Abeg, women have their roles and men have theirs. Women will always be second best as long as they continue to tackle men in their (men's) fields.

They should go back home and maintain the house. Being a full housewife isn't a dishonour.

Despite all their feminism, isn't it oloshoism prostitution that's the bulk of their so-called career?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Uyi168: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

Shame on you by the way for inferring my tits makes me weak, when what is being engaged here is the mind.
Never knew you were a bae...

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by lovat(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2020
Can you imagine the Quran asking women to be beaten lightly for demanding for equal rights?

Seriously the Quran has no place in the modern world because it's too filled with violence and molestation

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 10:21am On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

lol I can't just take you seriously in a skirt

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2020
aadoiza:

I literally collected a knife stab on my shoulder top to save a girl from cultists in school .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2020
lovat:
Can you imagine the Quran asking women to be beaten lightly for demanding for equal rights?

Seriously the Quran has no place in the modern world because it's too filled with violence and molestation
Bible too

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by SMBH: 10:30am On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

I will kick her ass with my left hand grin

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Bimpe29: 10:38am On Jan 03, 2020
It's naturally true that men are over and above women in all aspects.
We are not equal and never can we.
Islam has therefore, educated both men and women concerning their respective rights and responsibilities.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by ContractKiller: 10:51am On Jan 03, 2020
Hurray! You've come out of hiding!! I was beginning to think you are avoiding me grin

AntiChristian:
A man and a woman are different biologically and so have different roles to play!

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Abdulhakeem78(m): 10:51am On Jan 03, 2020
lovat:

Please, learn to sound like intellectual, you know nothing when it comes to anything of Glorious Qur'an. Why mentioning it?

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by ContractKiller: 10:52am On Jan 03, 2020
Show me the chapter and verse where the Bible commands husbands to beat their wives as allah does in the koran.

TheSourcerer:
Bible too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Myde4naija(m): 10:56am On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

how many of those girls do we have?

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 10:57am On Jan 03, 2020
ContractKiller:

Show me the chapter and verse where the Bible commands husbands to beat their wives as allah does in the koran.

I'm neither a Christain nor Muslim let me rest both books should not be used in modern times , they both have attrocities committed against the women folks

5 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Khub: 11:02am On Jan 03, 2020
ContractKiller:

please show me the verse in the quran that Alah (swt) commanded husband to beat their wives?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by demsy21(m): 11:05am On Jan 03, 2020
See... What people call "superior" and "inferior" pertaining the men and women's topic are relative terminology i'd rather not like to use for obvious reasons. The right terms from what i understand in the scriptures is "privilege" and ''responsibilities". Look, in islam, there are some things women are allowed to do , men can't do it, vice versa. Women can use necklaces, chains, jewelries, perfumes, etc while men are not allowed such. At the other side, men can go to the cemetery, recite the Quran loudly inside the mosque and do other things while their female counterparts are forbidden to do. See, in islam, we don't ask the reasons behind, for we believe the Almighty knows what is best for us. We believe and full stop.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Phone May Lead You To HELL FIRE. / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / The Worst Food, Unsunnah: 'where The Wealthy Are Invited And Poor Are Left Out’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.