Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,286 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

The Islamic Perspective On Feminism - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Islamic Perspective On Feminism (10683 Views)

Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Cremation- The Islamic Perspective / Sex Dolls Or Our Women (An Islamic Perspective) -Hashimyussufamao. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

Atheist theist would be a closer description after one year of being a theist after previously being an atheist from birth.
so you switched of your logical self ?
Why ?
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheSourcerer:
so you switched of your logical self ?
Why ?
Zen Buddhism. "Adopt the religion of those around you in order to understand".
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Maghan37: 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:
You do not need to protect women if you men stop behaving like pigs, and the entire idea of feminism is to make men human. You are after all called to protect women from yourselves, no?

Since you men refuse to protect women from yourselves, women shall gang up as feminists and protect themselves until you men stop behaving like pigs.
Then if u do not mind answering who protects the men from women who are worst than the �
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

Zen Buddhism. "Adopt the religion of those around you in order to understand".
Hmm I see , but looking at it from a lay man's perspective isn't that Chrostainity/Islam ?
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by PeacenLove2: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

Rape of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
It goes on , I don't like reading this gory book I'm sure if you read through it you will encounter some yourself and these are just factions relating to women
Imagine a god saying it's okay to beat a slave in Deteronomy,
I know these won't change your mindset ....but it's a shower thought

I believe these are part of old things have passed away. The truth is the Christian Religion is about if not the most refined religion of this century. Other religion might benefit from an updated testament as well. grin

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
PeacenLove2:

I believe these are part of old things have passed away. The truth is the Christian Religion is about if not the most refined religion of this century. Other religion might benefit from an updated testament as well. grin
Buddhism is a bit more refined in truth
And yeah I guess they do need updating like the christain book but what's the essence ?
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Maghan37: 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
Outside of religion I am of the opinion that"Responsibility should go hand in hand with benefits". What most feminist want are benefits of men without the responsibility. A woman who says things like my salary is my own and my husband salary is our own should not speak of feminism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by PeacenLove2: 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheExecutioner:
None of these mention wife beating like Quran 4:34.

Asking a wife to be be submissive to her husband is one thing.

Threatening her with violence if she refused to submit is another thing entirely.

So show me where the Bible specifically instructed husbands to beat their wives like in the koran?

Also show me in the Bible where God authorised rape, incest and forced marriage.

I'm waiting.

These things are shocking to us now because we didn't live at the time when these laws were very relevant.

It helps to look at the history of a place, people and their culture to help understand the reasons behind certain laws.

At the time, most of these laws were progressive designed to ease the pain of the suffering. But we must also have it at the back of our minds that this was the 600 ADs, interpretations and of course diplomatic tactics when trying to introduce change. I do not belive the prophet intended for anything unjust whether towards women or the poor.

If you take your time to go through exhaustive sources, you will come across different sects of Islam with different interpretations and practices. Some are of the belief that certain regimes during the time of the development of the book hijacked the religion and tailored it to their own interests. Various dynasties but see a lot of people are confusing their ignorance with piety. This is not unqie to the religion of Islam.

I believe the only thing perfect is God and nothing more. And He and His ways are mysterious. We do not and cannot know anything 100%. But we must never stop to seek knowledge using our head and out hearts. Trying to know God better; love, kindness and brotherhood. Anything against these things I believe are against His essence.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Hmm I see , but looking at it from a lay man's perspective isn't that Chrostainity/Islam ?
I do read my Bible and my Quran, but they say one must believe instead of gain understanding, so I do not qualify for either, according to some.

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by PeacenLove2: 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Buddhism is a bit more refined in truth
And yeah I guess they do need updating like thep christain book but what's the essence ?

Some are incapable of leaving the box. Imagine Christianity now without the second testament. I shudder to think what the world will be now under this current Islamic extremism and Leftist West.

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
PeacenLove2:

These things are shocking to us now because we didn't live at the time when these laws were very relevant.

It helps to look at the history of a place, people and their culture to help understand the reasons behind certain laws.

At the time, most of these laws were progressive designed to ease the pain of the suffering. But we must also have it at the back of our minds that this was the 600 ADs, interpretations and of course diplomatic tactics when trying to introduce change. I do not belive the prophet intended for anything unjust whether towards women or the poor.

If you take your time to go through exhaustive sources, you will come across different sects of Islam with different interpretations and practices. Some are of the belief that certain regimes during the time of the development of the book hijacked the religion and tailored it to their own interests. Various dynasties but see a lot of people are confusing their ignorance with piety. This is not unqie to the religion of Islam.

I believe the only thing perfect is God and nothing more. And He and His ways are mysterious. We do not and cannot know anything 100%. But we must never stop to seek knowledge using our head and out hearts. Trying to know God better; love, kindness and brotherhood. Anything against these things I believe are against His essence.

"These laws" were very progressive at the time indeed. There were times a man could do whatever he wanted to a woman and no one protected her honour except her father and brothers, if she had any, and if they were more powerful than her assualter. By the time of Christ men were still thanking God they had not been created women.

Thankfully 2000 or so years went by and we now have laws that teaches most pigs to evolve into decent men.

The battle continues. Educate the pigs by educating girls!

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
Maghan37:
Then if u do not mind answering who protects the men from women who are worst than the �
The law does. It protects both genders equally, or at least it should and be made to if it doesn't.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by PeacenLove2: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

"These laws" were very progressive at the time indeed. There were times a man could do whatever he wanted to a woman and no one protected her honour except her father and brothers, if she had any, and if they were more powerful than her assualter. By the time of Christ men were still thanking God they had not been created women.

Thankfully 2000 or so years went by and we now have laws that teaches most pigs to evolve into decent men.

We won't get anywhere by name calling. We need everyone on board to achieve progress. Resistance is a normal encounter in Change. We need to sell the bigger picture and have the majority by into them, the rest will follow.

Remember it is part of our weaknesses especially where we fear that our position is threatened. Imagine someone telling you as a Manager that the cleaner in your office is your equal. For an average Nigerian that I know, it is an insult. But in truth, my profession or social class does not make me less of a human being. The complex issue is in our minds and will take will, persuasion and empathy to defeat. When we can learn to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions, then we can begin to see ourselves as part of a larger society, One big garment, the entirety loses value if one part is damaged.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by demsy21(m): 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
Yes, this truth applies in many contexts and dispositions related to human to human affairs not the Creator. So many things our human brain can't process is best left without questions. If not for the advent of microscope, would you have believed there are creatures you can't see with your naked eyes despite that you're not blind. Not because they are invisible, they are too small for you to see. Likewise, there are some so big but you still can't see them. Ex: planets (stars) in the sky.
budaatum:

Those who don't ask questions don't learn and never gain understanding.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
demsy21:
Yes, this truth applies in many contexts and dispositions related to human to human affairs not the Creator. So many things our human brain can't process is best left without questions. If not for the advent of microscope, would you have believed there are creatures you can't see with your naked eyes despite that you're not blind. Not because they are invisible, they are too small for you to see. Likewise, there are some so big but you still can't see them. Ex: planets (stars) in the sky.
Some individuals did not agree that there are things the brain cannot process. They refused to leave it alone and created the telescope to enhance their brain.

Work harder to see, know, and understand. Laziness must not be an option for those worshipping God, or for anyone, for that matter.

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
PeacenLove2:

We won't get anywhere by name calling. We need everyone on board to achieve progress.
I am not "name calling". Just calling pigs what they are. You be the good cop and I'll be a bad one. Some sure need a whipping.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Pataricatering(f): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
“ whoever gave birth to a female child saw it as bad luck and had to bury the child alive ? And humans still exist in Saudi Arabia ? Was it men giving birth after all the female children had been buried ? Lol . Same Islam that discouraged women from working is the same Islam that limits their inheritance because men provide for them - same Islam that allows you to chastise and beat your wife is the one that fought for woman’s freedom , the freedom given to women 1400 years ago cannot be improved on ? Or is everybody still riding horses in Saudi Arabia like 1400 yrs ago ? If the situation of women in pre- Islamic Arabia was so bad - how did Khadija the prophets wife not only inherit from her father but also ran a business where she could employ the prophet

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Pataricatering(f): 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
If not for laws and the govt you think all men can protect themselves from one another ? Mscheew - I won’t be surprised if ur 5, 2 “ and can be beaten black and blue by a bouncer who is 6”2 and buff . Someone like Dangote could decide to enslave u cos he has more money! Both men and women are weak - that’s why govt enforced laws to protect the weak from the strong - not leave the weak at the mercy of the strong as Islam encourages . .
aadoiza:

Don't be deceived, buda. Women cannot protect themselves from men except by men's leave.

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Pataricatering(f): 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
Can you pick a fight with wilder ? Looool , mscheew .
aadoiza:

What makes you think I can't box.
Why not tell your almighty Nicola to pick a fight with Wilder.
The best female fighters in the world can't even take on strong fellas in the street. If you know you know.

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Pataricatering(f): 2:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ur here saying women are not and will never be equal to men but it’s feminists that are full of hate ? Ur telling me I’m a second class human but somehow expect me to love u for that ? Men have always hated women - from burying woman alive to honor killings , to beating and bullying , slut - shaming etc but it’s feminists that hate men - ur full of shyt .
aadoiza:

Na wa for you self. You're making shoddy inferences. Result of too much unnecessary emotion.

Feminism shouldn't be tantamount to filling your breast with abhorrence towards men. It shouldn't be about equality but rather about equity. Yes, buda, women will never be equal to men, but that does not mean they can't operate on equal footing with men.

By the way, if one were to gingerly observe this bloody shenanigans being propagated by man-wannabe loopy feminists—intending to cage men—the implicit dishonesty and the perversion of divine order being marketed in such an unsavoury endeavour would manifest even to the most blinkered to realities.

Your pathetic feminism is hate-hinged, and a seemly avenue to bring forth needless acrimony and bewilderment in an already well-established, well-understood and wholesome symbiosis. Any flimsy attempt to scuttle or truncate that Godly age-old relationship shall be met with revulsion and deemed satanically-demonic and demonically-satanic.

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Pataricatering(f): 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
See a free for all male prostitute calling woman olosho ? Lol
Newnas:

Yet they need to lift half of what men lift.

I remember as a young boy my father Tom me Surulere stadium. One of the matches was a under 13 boys with senior Pepsi girls team. The girls won 2-1 shaa after plenty. Imagine if they had played with under 17-boys let alone their mates!

And just last year Newcastle's teenage boys beat Australia's international female team (The Matildas) 7-0.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-28/matildas-face-backlash-after-loss-to-boys-team/7456458

So imagine if they had played against the male team of Newcastle. Or even the first team of Real Madrid!

Abeg, women have their roles and men have theirs. Women will always be second best as long as they continue to tackle men in their (men's) fields.

They should go back home and maintain the house. Being a full housewife isn't a dishonour.

Despite all their feminism, isn't it oloshoism prostitution that's the bulk of their so-called career?!

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

I do read my Bible and my Quran, but they say one must believe instead of gain understanding, so I do not qualify for either, according to some.
which of course should be the way it should be in any sane Community , you should not just believe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by demsy21(m): 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
It's not laziness, I'm also a researcher but in another entirely different domain (Languages). Infact, the more we discover things unknown, the more my faith grew exponentially in the person behind all this. Who could that be, if not Allah. Why? He already mentioned it in the Holy Book. Don't see muslims as people who just sit around, with no input in nowadays scientific discoveries. It is mandatory for all muslims to look for knowledge. I don't want to bombard you with Quranic and Traditional Prophetic citations on that. Let's use our intellect (although mine is based on religious concept) to discuss this. Back to what you said, "some individuals" disagreed yet at the end of the day they came at the same conclusion with what Allah has said before their forefathers were given birth to.
budaatum:

Some individuals did not agree that there are things the brain cannot process. They refused to leave it alone and created the telescope to enhance their brain.

Work harder to see, know, and understand. Laziness must not be an option for those worshipping God, or for anyone, for that matter.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by AntiChristian: 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
ContractKiller:
Hurray! You've come out of hiding!! I was beginning to think you are avoiding me grin

I have been around... you may hop into my threads

https://www.nairaland.com/antichristian make I kill you contractkiller
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
demsy21:

Don't see muslims as people who just sit around, with no input in nowadays scientific discoveries.
I do not "see muslims as people who just sit around, with no input in nowadays scientific discoveries"!

Muslims contribute immensely to nowadays scientific and discoveries in all fields.

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Khaleell001(m): 5:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:
You do not need to protect women if you men stop behaving like pigs, and the entire idea of feminism is to make men human. You are after all called to protect women from yourselves, no?

Since you men refuse to protect women from yourselves, women shall gang up as feminists and protect themselves until you men stop behaving like pigs.

You are seriously confused.

If your so high on women being equal to men why not encourage your sisters or your aunties to join the army arnd Air Force to cofront those boko criminals.
Why don't do tell women to go to bus parks and help in carrying heavy luggage and all that.
Actually some of you are seriously confused.

No where on earth are women and men the same physically, psychologically,emotionally and even spiritually most times.
They are meant to compliment each other not clash or usurp one role for the other.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Khaleell001(m): 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
aadoiza:

What makes you think I can't box.
Why not tell your almighty Nicola to pick a fight with Wilder.
The best female fighters in the world can't even take on strong fellas in the street. If you know you know.

don't mind the guy is just another woman wrapper if he is a guy at all.
Wome can not be compared to a man in anyway.

Bring the strongest woman and tell her to face the lest strongest man, she go chop blows like kola nut.
These guys are cinfused that's why transgenders are everywhere.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Khaleell001(m): 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

Emotional is when you call Nicola "your almighty".

What women need is for men to be enlightened and stop behaving like pigs.

You this lady, you are seriously confused!

That's the point.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by erenax: 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
Khaleell001:

You are seriously confused.

If your so high on women being equal to men why not encourage your sisters or your aunties to join the army arnd Air Force to cofront those boko criminals.
Accountants, lawyers, teachers, doctors, all of us bossing men thank you very much.

We don't all have to kill people to prove our worth.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by AntiChristian: 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

Wait o all of you blaming the pigs! What about the nanny pig? Shouldn't the nanny pig have instilled the way to treat a lady in her pig(s) ?

cc budaatum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

Wait o all of you blaming the pigs! What about the nanny pig? Shouldn't the nanny pig have instilled the way to treat a lady in her pig(s) ?

cc budaatum
The mummy pig, perhaps. but it's hard to blame mothers who buy into the patriarch system they were indoctrinated into. It is precisely that that feminism is against the most and why we fight for the enlightening of mothers that they are worthy human beings so they can educate their children to respect both males and females and treat them equally so their own daughters would be strong women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eid Al Adha / Sheikh Baosari Haruna Dies At 93 (Chief Imam Of Ibadan) / Shia Ayatollah Issues Fatwa Permitting The Drinking Of Water During FASTING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.