Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day (47407 Views)

Two Regret Mails In One Day.. Oluwa Wetin Dey Occur / I Am Tired Of Regret Mails, Please Help Me With Any Job In Lagos State. / Three Regret Mails In One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 28, 2019
healthserve:
It means keep trying. Rejection isn't denial

Denial isn't rejection
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Originalsly: 8:40am On Dec 28, 2019
Bro.... thank goodness you got a reply. Nothing in life is easy.... anywhere you go. If tomorrow you are given a permanent US Visa and arrive in the US on Monday.... you would be facing the same situation.... a very competitive job market. The difference.... you been sitting for 2 years in Naija... jobless.... no means of income.... that's not going to happen in the US.... two months and homelessness would be in your face. So what will you do?
Looking at the replies from the companies..... you are dropped pretty much disqualified in Round One. You have not met basic requirement. It tells me you are applying for jobs above your level. I'll advise you pay careful attention to the requirements before applying. Besides qualifications.... you would be competing with people who have some experience in the field.... and others who have work experience period. These are two factors that employers consider when hiring. In some cases.... job experience in the field may not be necessary if they intend to train you according to their practices. But job experience period is always considered.... they would figure you are already used to getting to work on time etc..... the basic things a working person goes through. You have neither. How would they know if you get hunger attacks every two hours?.... or have to take a nap every three hours?
Interview time they ask what were you doing for the past year? Would your answer be applying for jobs .... praying and waiting to be called? You need to be doing something to earn a living.... and if you feel yahoo yahoo or something illegal is your only option then you are not thinking like a graduate. Put your graduate pride on the shelf.... any pride you should be carrying is that of a man.... the pride of at least being able to take care of yourself.... feed, house and clothe yourself. Whatever illiterate type job you may engage in.... would be temporary. You can be filing applications and going to interviews at the same time.... that's what millions have done before getting to their present job level. There is a ladder for one to get to the roof.... most people get to the roof by starting at the crowded bottom..... some are still waiting to start at the middle. Get up and get.

6 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:40am On Dec 28, 2019
I definitely recieved more than 5 regret mail. If seasons till remain, then it cannot be all dark for u forever. Keep pushing.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by fajbam216: 8:41am On Dec 28, 2019
Hmm don't put all your hopes on job ...search... It's a 60 40 chances.... In wish u are at the 40% category.... U may be smart ,brilliant , intelligent but there are several gurus also out there looking for same thing u r looking for..... U wil be told u need to pray enuf... Work on yourself ,pray ....and get something doing .....have plan B ...... Plan C...... While you pursue ur plan A.... I did several test 2012.....from Chevron,total,agip,elf,uba.. they one that I succed till interview stage is PWC.... ND stil I was told not successful...in d interview.....I almost run mental. ND think of commiting sucide....but I stay calm reappraised myself and. Look inwards to wat am doing... I fall ball to agropreneur biz ,consulting...ND it has been wonderful.....my coy is registered... ND pushing it gradually to the fore..... So there is a place for everyone to succeed...keep moving..nis the trait of a champion which u r....God bless our hustle

4 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Efe42(m): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2019
spiralwedge:
Without thinking twice, the op's grammar and mindset (including comments from his ilks), clearly show how unemployable they are.
sad

I'm sorry Sir I don't mean to offered with my grammatical error please I'm sorry I'm an undergraduate I couldn't attend higher institution due to lack of fund raising that's why I step in welding filed with the passion of working in Oil and gas firm I'm sorry please everybody don't mind my grammatical errors
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Yankee101: 8:43am On Dec 28, 2019
Please don't.

Though I advise you try Agriculture too and business
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by alimaa: 8:43am On Dec 28, 2019
Working for these companies is not the ultimate in life. So many of us commenting have had this experience. One thing I discovered is that continuing to pursue a job with these companies can render someone's destiny useless because they may not employ you even if you apply a million times.
Don't even make the mistake of thinking that those who work with oil companies are richer than others. That's a myth. There is a business you will go into today and in the next 5 years you will even be far richer than the managers of these companies you are applying to.
There are many free websites where you can advertise your services and money will start flowing.

3 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by netflicks(m): 8:43am On Dec 28, 2019
Bro I laff coz I have passed this phase in life...where I got knocked out twice on an interview to get a job at Gtbank and fidelity...the disappointment was so hard on me despite how good I was looking on those suit.

The smile on my face today is the business am running on my own...I can decide when to work, rest, flex, do what ever I like with my life..working for a firm is like living in bondage and most times the pay just dont worth it...

2 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Mac2016(m): 8:43am On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:

Have been trying for the past 2 year's now
Get fired up! It always makes a beautiful story at the end when you eventually succeeded.. Once in your shoes.

BTW what's your discipline?
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Cholls(m): 8:45am On Dec 28, 2019
adewumiopeyemi:
I did a a job interview sometime November. Last month for team lead position. We were 25 people after doing 3 stage. I scale through
The final stage with the the md
We discuss price which he agree he told me I should resume the next month
After two day I receive a call from them that I am not meant to resume on Monday that I should resume first week of January. That a mail wil be send to me for that effect
I was realy so shocked when i receive the call from them. My mind real change I was thinking wether they don’t want to take me. Because up till now have not receive a call from them or even a message from them. Any time I call that number that wount pick the call back just to ask haven’t receive the message from them am still shocked
But I have to move on. Only God understand

But I know 2020 wil be a Good year for me amen
my brother na because December don near. Dem no wan include you for the sharing of Rice n Oil for the end of the year.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by SMBH: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2019
This year alone I don nack 3 regret email... But watin man go do naw

Just don't thing about it... Think about how you can develop yourself(skills) instead... I'm sure you will be fine.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by raphroye: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:
cryI Received One From Oando And Other From Total despite All My Effort

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for applying for the Oando Graduate Accelerated Programme.
It was a highly competitive recruitment process, as we received numerous applications who all stood a fair chance of securing a place in the programme. However, based on our minimum pass mark requirement, you were not shortlisted and considered for the next phase of the programme.
We appreciate the interest you have shown and encourage you to apply for subsequent vacancies with Workforce Group.
We wish you success in all your future endeavours.
Thank you.
Warm Regards.
Workforce Team
To inquire about issues you are having you can reply this email.
Powered by AllDayHr Recruit

We regret to inform you that we are unable to proceed with your application for the post of YOUNG GRADUATE PROGRAM.
Having carefully scrutinized all the applications received, we selected the candidate who best met the criteria specified by the manager of this position.
We would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in the Total Group. Please note that new job offers are regularly published on our website. We invite you to consult them and to set up an alert by clicking .
Wishing you every success in your job search.
Yours sincerely,
Best regards,
This means God is in your neighborhood... Don't give up
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2019
EngrXrix:

Non of these big organizations really recruit from scratch. They already have candidates on ground to fill those advertised vacancies. Any vacant position announced is just for formality as required by law. Not because they need you . This I learnt the hard way. Go into business.

I train people.free on cfd and stocks trading

I will train 20 people in January
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by DaRuud(m): 8:50am On Dec 28, 2019
Don't give up , keep trying , no parking . Delay is not Denial

Efe42:
cryI Received One From Oando And Other From Total despite All My Effort

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for applying for the Oando Graduate Accelerated Programme.
It was a highly competitive recruitment process, as we received numerous applications who all stood a fair chance of securing a place in the programme. However, based on our minimum pass mark requirement, you were not shortlisted and considered for the next phase of the programme.
We appreciate the interest you have shown and encourage you to apply for subsequent vacancies with Workforce Group.
We wish you success in all your future endeavours.
Thank you.
Warm Regards.
Workforce Team
To inquire about issues you are having you can reply this email.