Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day (47412 Views)

Two Regret Mails In One Day.. Oluwa Wetin Dey Occur / I Am Tired Of Regret Mails, Please Help Me With Any Job In Lagos State. / Three Regret Mails In One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by benjatoba(m): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
Dear Efe42,

I beg you not to give up. I have worked in over 9 different places in my life and there was a time I was without employment for almost a year.

In fact I just got another job this DECEMBER after resigning from the last one.

Here are some tips to improve your chances of getting employed.

1. Dont give in to depression. Ensure you stay happy always.
2. Stay current in your chosen field/profession.
3. Be flexible. If one method is not working, try another one. For example IT Professionals have a higher chance of getting jobs than other professionals in this century. There are people who read sociology who are now Software Developers. In fact one of them that crisscrossed into IT was my team lead in one of the places I have worked.

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Efe42(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ayotemide:

Lmao, Country is hard enough. Encouraging people to not give up on themselves yet is very important.

Yes you are right dear I was was down but your advice and Others give me strength to push on thanks everyone for support
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Efe42(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
benjatoba:
Dear Efe42,

I beg you not to give up. I have worked in over 9 different places in my life and there was a time I was without employment for almost a year.

In fact I just got another job this DECEMBER after resigning from the last one.

Here are some tips to improve your chances of getting employed.

1. Dont give in to depression. Ensure you stay happy always.
2. Stay current in your chosen field/profession.
3. Be flexible. If one method is not working, try another one. For example IT Professionals have a higher chance of getting jobs than other professionals in this century. There are people who read sociology who are now Software Developers. In fact one of them that crisscrossed into IT was my team lead in one of the places I have worked.

9 different companies sir I'm just looking for one to work it thanks Sir for your encouraging words
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Efe42(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
finished NYSC in

No sir I didn't finish NYSC I couldn't attend higher institution due to lack of fund raising Sir that's why I went to acquired professional skills
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Thompsonpet(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
ImahGabi22:

Send me a mail

Please
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by trebron(m): 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
femoric:
OP, this phase too shall pass. Don't be deterred because of those mails, nahh
Let me share my experience with you. I was among the GTs for NLNG in 2013. We did Waec test, another test which I forgot the body that conducted the test, then SHL test, passed all, only to be screened out before AC. I felt very bad when I got the regret mail,
Today, I am managing somewhere of which I can feed my family and pay my bills.
To my surprise, those who were invited for AC were never employed till date, the thread is here on NL. So trust God on this, don't you ever accept defeat, there are thousands in this who began like you, the story always change for the better, remember, no condition is permanent.
You will look back later and smile over this ish

I was was part of the Nlng recruitment years ago.Just as he said,op you have to move on and never give up,hold strong and keep fighting because all these experiences are forms of transportation to what God has destined for you.Be inspired.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by ImahGabi22(m): 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
Thompsonpet:

Please

Check your mail
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by AdeBensin: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
charmingfrank:
@ Op I got same regret mail from Oando. However, this is my 6thmonths after service, still seriously job hunting. However, I took different course online to equip my intellect the more. Keep pushing, jobs will definitely come.

Please check your mail.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by AdeBensin: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
boninho:
Bro, you have to keep pushing. I'm also in a similar situation but man has to be relentless. I once got a regret mail while still writing a test at P&G. I've received many 'love letters' that I now recognize them before reading. Immediately you see....thank you for taking time.....it's a rejection
I've done metering jobs though on contract, it didn't last, teaching jobs, managed to get a master's with a scholarship. Chevron recently kept mute just when we were on the verge on being taken for graduate internship. I'm learning coding too. Business is always good but sometimes you need some savings to start plus location factor. It's not easy when you're still on daily survival stage. So, all in all, never relent

Please house, I'm also on the lookout for graduate internship positions, would appreciate any assistance...my discipline is Petroleum Engineering

Please check your mail.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by helpsomeone: 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:
cryI Received One From Oando And Other From Total despite All My Effort

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for applying for the Oando Graduate Accelerated Programme.
It was a highly competitive recruitment process, as we received numerous applications who all stood a fair chance of securing a place in the programme. However, based on our minimum pass mark requirement, you were not shortlisted and considered for the next phase of the programme.
We appreciate the interest you have shown and encourage you to apply for subsequent vacancies with Workforce Group.
We wish you success in all your future endeavours.
Thank you.
Warm Regards.
Workforce Team
To inquire about issues you are having you can reply this email.
Powered by AllDayHr Recruit

We regret to inform you that we are unable to proceed with your application for the post of YOUNG GRADUATE PROGRAM.
Having carefully scrutinized all the applications received, we selected the candidate who best met the criteria specified by the manager of this position.
We would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in the Total Group. Please note that new job offers are regularly published on our website. We invite you to consult them and to set up an alert by clicking .
Wishing you every success in your job search.
Yours sincerely,
Best regards,
. Good is your strength

Are you or you know any 2 minutes man when it comes to having sex? Dust it behind and make it a story. I was in the mess until I jam my great forefathers herb account solution used in curing some forms of ailments. My great forefathers herb account book does the wonder. I made my research prepared the condiments. It's super enriched. I moved from 2 minutes to 7 rounds. Available to work a quick action solution herb for interested ones. You may reach: +2347018251533

I have worked it out for lots of people before I bring to you. And apart, I am the first beneficiary.

Deliver to every locations.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by helpsomeone: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
Are you or you know any 2 minutes man when it comes to having sex? Dust it behind and make it a story. I was in the mess until I jam my great forefathers herb account solution used in curing some forms of ailments. My great forefathers herb account book does the wonder. I made my research prepared the condiments. It's super enriched. I moved from 2 minutes to 7 rounds. Available to work a quick action solution herb for interested ones. You may reach: +2347018251533

I have worked it out for lots of people before I bring to you. And apart, I am the first beneficiary.

Deliver to every locations.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by brandable: 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Gerrard59:
Well, I've been in similar situations and to be honest, it's not funny. My issue is with you doing nothing for two years. Two years?!?!?!?! shocked Honestly, that's not a nice thing to hear/read. How do you cope during this period? Also, I read that you like the oil and gas industry. Well, no problem with your predilection but the industry is highly competitive and the best of the best compete to get a foot into the sector especially at the entry level stage. Another thing is that people rarely leave the industry to other industries and as a result, you would find persons working in one company or different companies within the industry for a decade or three decades sef! An example is the Head of Total Exploration Nigeria. The man has been with Total since his NYSC in the late '80s! So inasmuch as there are opportunities here and there, the competition is fierce. Seplat that her recruitment this time two years ago had over 42, 000+ applicants for less than 30 slots and some of the applicants I met were exceptional. Some schooled at the best of institutions, one even studied all through his life in the UK and lots of first class everywhere. I implore you to try other sectors provided you fulfil the requirements.

Furthermore, instead of staying at home doing nothing, I advise you find a way or ways to raise money for next year's Stutern's Graduate Accelerator Program for opportunities in the IT industry. Why I'm suggesting this is because the tech industry is egalitarian; no one cares about what and where you studied, and your grades. I know things aren't easy but you need to do something in the mean time which can change your trajectory for the better. Meanwhile, you can keep trying regarding job applications (your CV and cover letter being on point) and know your aptitude tests skills very well. Just know that it's highly competitive out there and these companies can afford to be very picky and select only the best of the best. Last year's PwC's recruitment had ~76, 000 applications for less than 200 slots. grin. So you see?

Cc: Efe42

Well said Gerrard. To add to what you said, for those planning for stutern graduate accelerator program, I was informed that it will kickoff next year. See attached
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Polchiz(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:

Have been trying for the past 2 year's now
I tried for good 5 years before I got a job with a multinational company this December.
Please go for M. SC if you have the money.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Polchiz(m): 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
Gerrard59:
Well, I've been in similar situations and to be honest, it's not funny. My issue is with you doing nothing for two years. Two years?!?!?!?! shocked Honestly, that's not a nice thing to hear/read. How do you cope during this period? Also, I read that you like the oil and gas industry. Well, no problem with your predilection but the industry is highly competitive and the best of the best compete to get a foot into the sector especially at the entry level stage. Another thing is that people rarely leave the industry to other industries and as a result, you would find persons working in one company or different companies within the industry for a decade or three decades sef! An example is the Head of Total Exploration Nigeria. The man has been with Total since his NYSC in the late '80s! So inasmuch as there are opportunities here and there, the competition is fierce. Seplat that her recruitment this time two years ago had over 42, 000+ applicants for less than 30 slots and some of the applicants I met were exceptional. Some schooled at the best of institutions, one even studied all through his life in the UK and lots of first class everywhere. I implore you to try other sectors provided you fulfil the requirements.

Furthermore, instead of staying at home doing nothing, I advise you find a way or ways to raise money for next year's Stutern's Graduate Accelerator Program for opportunities in the IT industry. Why I'm suggesting this is because the tech industry is egalitarian; no one cares about what and where you studied, and your grades. I know things aren't easy but you need to do something in the mean time which can change your trajectory for the better. Meanwhile, you can keep trying regarding job applications (your CV and cover letter being on point) and know your aptitude tests skills very well. Just know that it's highly competitive out there and these companies can afford to be very picky and select only the best of the best. Last year's PwC's recruitment had ~76, 000 applications for less than 200 slots. grin. So you see?

Well said, a multinational company that I know employed only 12 people across different roles for entry level (management trainee) position. Also, Masters degree is compulsory.
The competition is very high.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Godrocks: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
ImahGabi22:

Check your mail
am interested in the platform thanks
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by ImahGabi22(m): 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Godrocks:
am interested in the platform thanks

Send me a mail
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by ikwedim(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
My own experience today is a most regret one. I apply job online like bodyguard, security or hotel worker. I got an sms from one of my applications that it is been approved that the CEO AND MD will have a chat with us. Only to go and it becomes a seminar on how to create job and be a partner. Chai from 7am to 4pm. Na job I d look for no be seminar. Only stuff na useless
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Venerable612(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:

Nothing just waiting and looking for an internship program or a suitable vacancy to applied and I'm tried of doing that I'm really filled up with unemployment status

I am sorry about your unemployment status. It’s a phase in life, and it will surely pass.

I will leave you a candid advice:

I have read your comments and I notice you have bad Tenses.

For example - let me correct your quoted comment.

“Nothing, I am just waiting and looking for an internship, or a suitable role in a company. I am tired of applying and I am really fed up of my employment status.

Lesson: perhaps, you need to brush up on your English language as you make your applications. These are top organisations with highly qualified entries - you won’t stand a chance if your applications are ridden with grammatical errors.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Godrocks: 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
ImahGabi22:

Send me a mail
sent
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Venerable612(m): 8:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
Gerrard59:

Very well said.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Venerable612(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
ikwedim:
My own experience today is a most regret one. I apply job online like bodyguard, security or hotel worker. I got an sms from one of my applications that it is been approved that the CEO AND MD will have a chat with us. Only to go and it becomes a seminar on how to create job and be a partner. Chai from 7am to 4pm. Na job I d look for no be seminar. Only stuff na useless

grin grin grin.. those are GNLD guys. Sorry about your experience.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by ikwedim(m): 9:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
Venerable612:

grin grin grin.. those are GNLD guys. Sorry about your experience.
no be GNLD. Na one organization like that. I called the oga that what I did online was to apply for a job and not a seminar and he couldn't give me a good answer. I just need a job. Even if na security work I go do am as an igbo man
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by skedemi(m): 12:26am On Dec 29, 2019
AdeBensin:

Please check your mail.
Can I PM you sir? I studied Petroleum engineering too with a 2:1...
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Lanresnett(m): 1:14am On Dec 29, 2019
Unsuccessful isn't failure. The next opportunity wil be successful!!!

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by tomdon(m): 5:54am On Dec 29, 2019
Then apply for saipem, etc them full ground. Or maybe for a teaching job
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by iamme1234(m): 6:19am On Dec 29, 2019
Never give up

Struggles continues as long as you are alive there is hope
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Efe42(m): 10:20am On Dec 29, 2019
tomdon:
Then apply for saipem, etc them full ground. Or maybe for a teaching job

Have been to saipem in 2 occasions Sir I was told there normally organize internship every February in each year but when I went there said its not yet time
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by ericadianas(f): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2019
Please don't give up. Rejection to a large extent is a part of life. Learn from it, figure out ways to improve yourself and you would get some better. ❤️
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Efe42(m): 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2019
ericadianas:
Please don't give up. Rejection to a large extent is a part of life. Learn from it, figure out ways to improve yourself and you would get some better. ❤️

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Morhziez(m): 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
maybachmusic:

I train people.free on cfd and stocks trading

I will train 20 people in January
pls boss train me sir.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by ImahGabi22(m): 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
Godrocks:
sent

Check your mail
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by agabaI23(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
Efe42:

I should send my CV to which Mail
kngwoke01@qub.ac.uk

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? / NPA Employment: Who Else Got This Message? / The Job Application Letter Received In An Abuja Office From A Graduate (Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.