Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy (27217 Views)

Tension In Kano As Ganduje Faces Impending Arraignment On April 17 / FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Obasanjo, Says He's Healthy And Strong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by taf4u4me(m): 7:43am On Dec 29, 2019
Kwanza:

https://m.guardian.ng/breakingnews/nigeria-faces-impending-bankruptcy-says-obasanjo/
what's your own there, shebi you have done your own for two term ba? Now you are giving advice. You are even a disaster also mtchweee

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by tete7000(m): 7:44am On Dec 29, 2019
Adesina or Shehu will soon reply baba. He has looked for their trouble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by WinkWrld: 7:45am On Dec 29, 2019
Nigeria should borrow money from her Citizens. They are with the debts borrowed from other nations.
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:45am On Dec 29, 2019
SLAP44:
Ok

ok what? the old foolish supported buhari 2015.remember how the scarecrow tear his party card.only to come 2019 and turn to gossip preacher

oga it is written a sinner will never go on punished . after nigeria bankruptcy obasanjo go follow

bastard

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Oshin56(m): 7:46am On Dec 29, 2019
Some people because of the hatred they have to the messenger they will not listen to the messenger and even if they listen to the messenger they will reason like cockroaches to the message because of the change slogan that they have used to brain washed them. 3 quarter of the money the country borrow is being shared among themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Germi9: 7:46am On Dec 29, 2019
itsme01:
cool

nonsense talk oga pay back the 16 billion dollars you stole..

Is it not stupidity that makes Africans join IMF, World Bank, Paris club and demonstrate our commitment yet we are afraid to take single digit loans to fund critical infrastructures like US does?

If FG builts a mega power plant that can generate 3000 mega watt of power in each region through loan and borrowing and get steel complex like Ajaokuta working Nigeria would become super developed in less than 5 years and money we generate from power would pay back the loans and give us extra income

Small Rwanda and Ghana are leaving Big for nothing Nigeria behind through infrastructural Loans plans with National debt higher than Nigeria's yet we speak grammer everyday without taking any action

No oo!!! Instead of them to ask him about the $15b they are clapping and making references from his speech as I he's not part of the problems we are in today..#Obj,Pmb,Gej Atiku,and the rest of them are all thieves..they don't care about nobody.
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Nwaonyishi69: 7:46am On Dec 29, 2019
Too late to cry, as the head is off. Your supposed wisdom failed when you backed a fundamentalist herdsman to take up the reigns of presidency over a soundly educated gentleman. Very soon, the tears will be over the relocation of other African Fulanis on the obasanjo farm, good morning uncle wey mumu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Aboguede(m): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2019
Okay maybe you did not understand anything from your travel.

Maybe you were confused by the beautiful roads and houses

Oga, europe is shit

People that can be considered middle class in europe can hardly own flats of their name

And that class is way very far from the regulars you see o the streets

Arab yes are enjoying life just like Africans

So stop that ur childish borrow Borrow analyses

If you don't get it, simply say so and I will educate u shortly

itsme01:

i am on my second passport and i have lived in europe and Middle east, so dont tell me nonsense if you want i can show you some of my trips through instagram so stop talking bullshit
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Opinedecandid(m): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2019
ValCon888:
Says one of the people that bankrupted us.

I have used Big Data to study the algorithm for Nigeria, and I'm not surprised to see how bleak and hopeless the future is.

Nigerians yet unborn are going to curse these generation of leaders for putting them under crippling debt.

Read the details of this report and stop sounding as though you aren't aware of what your Buhari has done to us. From less than 20% in 2015 to over 50% in 2019. Buhari is undefendable. Stop trying to defend him. Posterity will not forgive him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by lexy2014: 7:52am On Dec 29, 2019
itsme01:
cool
If FG builts a mega power plant that can generate 3000 mega watt of power in each region through loan and borrowing and get steel complex like Ajaokuta working Nigeria would become super developed in less than 5 years and money we generate from power would pay back the loans and give us extra income

Am glad u said "if" which means uncertainty. And since d ajaokuta u mentioned isn't working, where does that leave Nigeria?
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 29, 2019
itsme01:
cool

nonsense talk oga pay back the 16 billion dollars you stole..

Is it not stupidity that makes Africans join IMF, World Bank, Paris club and demonstrate our commitment yet we are afraid to take single digit loans to fund critical infrastructures like US does?

Small Rwanda and Ghana are leaving Big for nothing Nigeria behind through infrastructural Loans plans with National debt higher than Nigeria's yet we speak grammer everyday without taking any action

you will still borrow to run the day to day activities of the power or the steel you are talking about just as they are still borrowing to run the rail they borrowed money to build
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by hotwax: 7:56am On Dec 29, 2019
semyman:
See Grandpa weh e mumu
When he was monetizing the national assembly and the civil service what was he expecting?

Did he leave any debt behind?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by klax(m): 7:57am On Dec 29, 2019
TUANKU:
But buhari/apc supporters are too blind with sentiment to see this till it's too late by then they will become victims of the same man they supported blindly.

Bro just leave them when group of people chose to be stupid no need preaching to them. Watch how they will descend on Obj again.

Since I was born and I'm at this age I have never seen stupid or know some Nigerians are so fantastically and exceptional stupid till apc member came on board it's a mystery.

Less than 5 years in power Nigeria is one of the most indebted country in Africa it's a shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Staro: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2019
Useless people in Aso Rock

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by enemyofprogress: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2019
Wetin concern aboooooki with dogo turenchi(long grammar), the thing no go bother am at all at all. Hausa man only believes in today, he doesn't bloody care about tomorrow or the future, that is exactly the way they rule their states and the country. Nothing concern them about tomorrow or the future, nor to talk of the unborn generations. In their hands the country is doomed.

dominique how far?Wetin you dey do today after church?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by eteforlor(m): 8:02am On Dec 29, 2019
yarimo:
After you have bankrupts it abi? undecided nonsense embarassed

See one of the zoombies. They can never reason with their brain. It's worrisome

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Enice(m): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2019
obj may have a point here but you cannot make a valid point with lies. obj is trying to make buharinomics look bad by telling lies. nigeria's debt as at 2015 was about $65billion not $10billion. another thing is that without borrowing we cannot meet up on crucial infrastructures. it is like a man that is saving his peanut salary to build a mansion. every month, he keeps #20000 aside for the house. he may wait for up to 30years to complete the house while the man that took a mortgage has already complete his house and paid back with rent income from the house. qp 7

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by tycomm(m): 8:06am On Dec 29, 2019
When are we going to start telling ourselves the truth in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by GMbuharii: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2019
four44:
Everybody known that now, coz the rate at which this Fulani man is borrowing, may be in the next 5 to 10yrs China will start claiming every part of Nigeria, that is why l am trying everything possible to japa from this country because China no value human life oo

You are going nowhere....after campaigning and voting for the jihadist,you wanna japa,no way.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Ewedegubbler: 8:07am On Dec 29, 2019
people do not understand what debt can do your life.. I once took a stupid loan of $20k from a pawn broker and used my $100k Mercedes as a collateral.. fast forward it to today. I have lost that car, lost 2 of my best friends whom I borrowed money from in order to service the loan and right now I have sold another of my Mercedes just to survive...

Abeg learn my mistakes and run from debt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Talkwisdom(m): 8:09am On Dec 29, 2019
Nigeria has been in bankruptcy for decades,this is no longer news and everyone is waiting for the day rapture will take place...#too bad
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by AgwoAkpi: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

i am on my second passport and i have lived in europe and Middle east, so dont tell me nonsense if you want i can show you some of my trips through instagram so stop talking bullshit
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Cutehector(m): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2019
yarimo:
After you have bankrupts it abi? undecided nonsense embarassed
. He brought development into Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by itsme01: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2019
Ewedegubbler:
people do not understand what debt can do your life.. I once took a stupid loan of $20k from a pawn broker and used my $100k Mercedes as a collateral.. fast forward it to today. I have lost that car, lost 2 of my best friends whom I borrowed money from in order to service the loan and right now I have sold another of my Mercedes just to survive...

Abeg learn my mistakes and run from debt

when you run your mouth all day on yoruba affiars yet you couldnt manage mere 20kusd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by itsme01: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2019
Enice:
obj may have a point here but you cannot make a valid point with lies. obj is trying to make buharinomics look bad by telling lies. nigeria's debt as at 2015 was about $65billion not $10billion. another thing is that without borrowing we cannot meet up on crucial infrastructures. it is like a man that is saving his peanut salary to build a mansion. every month, he keeps #20000 aside for the house. he may wait for up to 30years to complete the house while the man that took a mortgage has already complete his house and paid back with rent income from the house. qp 7

God bless you sir
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Meritocracy: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2019
Say a man who rule Nigeria for 11years and left without stable power supply, no refinery, ajaokuta not working. This man from should shut up about Nigeria issue.
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by MobilityExpress: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2019
Bedwyr:
[s]Yes we do because 95% of our revenue is from oil, we produce 2.2 million barrels of it a day, and we have to share the revenue amongst 200 million people.

We have been always at the verge of bankurptcy, even when OBJ was ruling...we just used high oil prices during his regime to mask it.

Nigeria also refuses to cut spending...excess spending...and corruption...and refuses to take steps to remove wasteful things like subsidy, TraderMoni, N-power, etc.[/s]

High oil.prices during OBJ regime? What a big lie. There was never high oil prices during OBJ regime, oil ppb was around $30 when he came in, and only got to about $90 during the end of his administration. So never ever compare OBJ presidency to a Buhari regime, because OBJ is 10 trillion times a better man and a better president than this current regime dictator is. Buhari government is the most corrupt government since 1999, all that anticorruption fight is a ruse, a smokescreen, he and his officers are living large off government purse, now they want to renovate a building built for N7b for almost N40b, and he is ready to sign off on it because they approved his $30b loan, loan money that his regime will still embezzle with nothing significant to show. I used to be a supporter of the Buhari admin, heck I voted for him the first term, but my eyes are very open now to see that he is the worst kind of leader for this country, zero economic prowess, zero direction, only thing he's good at is putting his fulani people in power and lying about Boko haram everyday while his sharia CJN is trying to convert Nigeria to a sharia state through the backdoor. Oh I forgot, he's a dictator that has no respect for the rule of law and acts as a law to himself, so our courts have been made useless by him. Greatest mistake of a ruler. But yet you claim trader moni, that hardly even circulates to the poor is responsible for the monumental financial wastefulness and massive corruption of this regime? Mtshewwwww! Everything you wrote is rubbish, no sense inside at all.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by mukthar2000(m): 8:18am On Dec 29, 2019
OBJ u are just the cause of every problem this country was facing today due to ur 3rd term agender and selfish interest, u don't have any excuses to clear urself Baba.
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by AgwoAkpi: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

God bless you sir
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Idi Aminu, Chairman In Adamawa Slaps His Mechanic (Video) / Lauretta Onochie: "INEC Is Saved From A Serpent" - Shehu Sani / Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.