Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,364 members, 7,861,000 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:39 PM

LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention (17411 Views)

Wike Enforces Law To Stop Agencies, Banks From Doing Business With Non-tax Payer / CCTV Footage That Exposed The Military Invasion Of Barrister Ejiofor's House / Kidnappings, Killings That Exposed Oyo Herdsmen Crisis: Sarkin Fulani's Real Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by chronique(m): 8:20am On Dec 28, 2019
franchasng:
God bless you. I have been searching for the organization in charge of this breach of privacy. I think it is time to petition NITDA to force CAC to change that search data research about businesses and companies registered under CAC.

The only information they should reveal to the public search is the company RC number showing it is fully registered with CAC.

Then if for any reason someone need full details about the company maybe for security reasons, they must submit legal authorisation from responsible government body seeking for such authority to access such private data, and then only CAC security department should handle such after scrutinizing the requests and making sure it is safe.

Exactly. Some of us have registered businesses and we used our private residence as contact address. This would most likely cause undue harm to people if a malicious person is out to harm one.

1 Like

Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by LabDNA: 8:22am On Dec 28, 2019
darthv:
If it's in advance countries it would be a court case now

And LIRS will be the one paying lagosians huge fines.
Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by franchasng: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2019
rusher14:

It shows your details.

The only difference is for you to access it, you also have to put in your details which in turn alerts the tax payer that you have been enquiring about his tax.

You have never lived in Norway that I know for sure.
Yes I have never lived in Norway, but you ought to know that there are people living in Norway that could flaw your initial post like I mentioned earlier, which u have corrected. No nation will ever leave their citizens data open with a mere search using their name to pull up their full bio data in this era of cybercrime. It is not possible at all.

You should have pointed out what u just said now in your first post not justifying the mistake of LIRS of leaving people's data open to public with just a name search, by referencing that Norway is like that, how.

1 Like

Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by rusher14: 8:39am On Dec 28, 2019
franchasng:
Yes I have never lived in Norway, but you ought to know that there are people living in Norway that could flaw your initial post like I mentioned earlier, which u have corrected. No nation will ever leave their citizens data open with a mere search using their name to pull up their full bio data in this era of cybercrime. It is not possible at all.

You should have pointed out what u just said now in your first post not justifying the mistake of LIRS of leaving people's data open to public with just a name search, by referencing that Norway is like that, how.

There was nothing to correct.

In fact, I buttressed my point further.

2 Likes

Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by DJperdurabo: 8:43am On Dec 28, 2019
Watch the "buck-passing" spree.

No one ever takes responsibility for error in Nigeria, no one...you & I inclusive! It's a cultural thing I've come to believe, a way of life... tradition, and a shameful one at best.

Contact me for your personal and business cash needs!
Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by hush15: 9:04am On Dec 28, 2019
tinodam:

https://www.techawkng.com/2019/12/27/lirs-shuts-down-portal/

But na wa o. When they be giving website development in billions to cronies and friends instead of professionals!

What happened to payee ID and password as log in details. How will you just type person name and everything about the person will flush out? That's bad app structure.

The site is such that new people to enroll can't see anything except the have successfully registered their details and after registering, they can only log in with the allocated payee ID to log in to do any transaction on the site....

1 Like

Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by JerryQ: 9:52am On Dec 28, 2019
Ijaycool:
Basic professional cautionary measures are carelessly disregarded in this Country.

This isn't the only Nigerian Government website with such vulnerability. Somewhere in the CAC website just by entering the name & CAC reg number of a business you can find everything about a business, including names and addresses of the directors, their contacts etc. This is appalling, on the backdrop of the fact that most firms include their CAC number in their insignia. Many other sites can easily be manipulated to get very personal information on people.

It's sad that we don't have a working SON (Standard Organization of Nigeria), or Consumers Protection Agencies

All you even need is the business name. https://.gov.ng/ComSearch/
Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by imolile: 10:11am On Dec 28, 2019
Nigeria still testing technology when modern society have hi tech President who employ the best to handle such delicate facilities. Backward country
Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by romenna: 10:25am On Dec 28, 2019
I knew these LIRS guys were up to sometin sinister when they asked for my BVN b4 processing my tax card n allow me to file in my taxes paid for 2019.
I refused to release my confidential info n dared them to take me to court or ask me to pay a fine.
Sometimes it's good to follow one's conviction and don't allow people push you around.
Those idiots wanted to collect people's bvn and wipe their accounts.
I knew someone whose monies disappeared from his account without trace and currently dragging zenith bank on Twitter.
Don't give your bvn to third parties.
You'd regret it.

2 Likes

Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by KingNom(m): 10:45am On Dec 28, 2019
THE WEAPON FOR NIGERIA'S PROGRESS!
Kindly say the following as several times as you can everyday and see Nigeria transform to Paradise!:

'I declare that there is multiplying & perpetual confusion among those fighting God's dream of peace and prosperity for Nigeria in Jesus Name, Amen!'

There is strong Unity and progress among those working God's dream of peace and prosperity for Nigeria in Jesus Name, Amen!'

THE REASON FOR THE ABOVE PRAYER:
Even God Almighty exclaimed the Powerful force of
a People's Unity!
Any people will ACHIEVE ANYTHING THEY ARE UNITED ABOUT. Genesis 11:1-9.

They are so united, that's why they have come this far!

We, the peace lovers are so divided so they have the advantage with their unity

So let's destroy their unity with our words as ANYTHING you declare with your mouth (not think in your mind) WILL COME TO PASS! Job 22:28

We use the name of Jesus because it is the Most Powerful Name in all creation! Phillipians 2:5-11

Nigeria's peace and prosperity is in your hands, kindly take it serious! Share with others please

It will take a little while, but it will come to pass as we Keep declaring and working
Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by akdjr(m): 10:45am On Dec 28, 2019
The moment a Tax card is issued to u in Lagos State, you will never see update of subsequent payment again.

1 Like

Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by AmazingELixir: 11:19am On Dec 28, 2019
Ijaycool:
Basic professional cautionary measures are carelessly disregarded in this Country.

This isn't the only Nigerian Government website with such vulnerability. Somewhere in the CAC website just by entering the name & CAC reg number of a business you can find everything about a business, including names and addresses of the directors, their contacts etc. This is appalling, on the backdrop of the fact that most firms include their CAC number in their insignia. Many other sites can easily be manipulated to get very personal information on people.

It's sad that we don't have a working SON (Standard Organization of Nigeria), or Consumers Protection Agencies

The breach doesn't fall within the purview of SON the statutory body charged with such responsibility is NITDA and they have responded accordingly however late, the question that should be asked is did the developer pass through the regulatory authority for due diligence before launching that portal or it is the normal cliche " business as usual"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by AmazingELixir: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2019
franchasng:
God bless you. I have been searching for the organization in charge of this breach of privacy. I think it is time to petition NITDA to force CAC to change that search data research about businesses and companies registered under CAC.

The only information they should reveal to the public search is the company RC number showing it is fully registered with CAC.

Then if for any reason someone need full details about the company maybe for security reasons, they must submit legal authorisation from responsible government body seeking for such authority to access such private data, and then only CAC security department should handle such after scrutinizing the requests and making sure it is safe.

What are you scared of...if your dealings are legit there's no reason to bother solong as your financial or bio data are not disclosed..

Registering a business outfit with the corporate affairs means you're coming to the public domain, stop hyping unnecessarily

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by iswallker(m): 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
romenna:
I knew these LIRS guys were up to sometin sinister when they asked for my BVN b4 processing my tax card n allow me to file in my taxes paid for 2019.
I refused to release my confidential info n dared them to take me to court or ask me to pay a fine.
Sometimes it's good to follow one's conviction and don't allow people push you around.
Those idiots wanted to collect people's bvn and wipe their accounts.
I knew someone whose monies disappeared from his account without trace and currently dragging zenith bank on Twitter.
Don't give your bvn to third parties.
You'd regret it.

When your employer or your pension fund administrator requests for it you have to give. It's that simple - except you found another job. Or they are not third party... grin

1 Like

Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by eDoc: 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
rusher14:

There was nothing to correct.

In fact, I buttressed my point further.

The post that buttressed your point about individuals having to input their tax details and also alerting the individual whose tax details are being looked up by a third party is what you didn't state early enough, that is what he was talking of.

Your point(s) have been made loud and clear.
Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by rusher14: 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
eDoc:

The post that buttressed your point about individuals having to input their tax details and also alerting the individual whose tax details are being looked up by a third party is what you didn't state early enough, that is what he was talking of.

Your point(s) have been made loud and clear.

And why should I really be the one to spoon feed him?

Any citizen in Norway can search the wages and taxes of his compatriot.

Is that a fallacy?

He said some Nairalanders have lived in Norway at some point. To this I cannot disagree. However, the individual saying so hasn't.

I know he simply challenged me simply because he perceives my political leaning to be different from his.

He didnt need to respond in the negative to what is true.
Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by Legendguru: 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
Oh
Re: LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention by chinchum(m): 2:29am On Dec 29, 2019
rusher14:
In Norway, everybody's salary and by extension tax payment can be accessed by all.
I am syre their email address and phone numbers and bio-data will not be open to any tom ,dick and harry

(1) (2) (Reply)

AIG Hakeem Odumosu. EFCC Appointment Is Totally Untrue. / Minister Of Power, Bayo Adelabu To Rejoin APC On December 15 / Organised Labour To NASS: We’re Fighting For Living Wage, Not Starvation Wages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.