Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,325 members, 7,829,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Are Hebrews Really Black People ? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Hebrews Really Black People ? (18029 Views)

Jewish Rabbinical Court Ruling That Igbos Are Hebrews (continued) / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 11:43am On Jan 01, 2020
MrPresident1:

“Ham: The youngest son of Noah, born probably about 96 years before the Flood; and one of eight persons to live through the Flood. He became the progenitor of the dark races;  not the Negroes, but the Egyptians, Ethiopians, Libyans and Canaanites.” – Zondervan Bible Dictionary

You are the one that needs conviction, begin your research.

Jesus is a darkskinned Negro.

Paul was called an Egyptian

Moses survived in Pharaoh's household

Please show us with good and sufficient evidence that the Negroes descended from Shem. Is this too hard to prove?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:
The modern categorization was coined at the Göttingen School of History in the late 18th century – in parallel with the Biblical terminology for race (Semitic, Hamitic and Japhetic) – dividing mankind into five colored races:

1. "Caucasian or White",

2. "Mongolian or Yellow",

3."Aethiopian or Black",

4."American or Red" and

5. "Malayan or Brown" subgroups.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_terminology_for_race

Number 3-5 still fall under the colored group
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 12:18pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

Does this in anyway connote that Jeremiah a Jewish prophet know the Hebrew are not blacks or dark as the Ethiopians hmmm?

The Semites are olive skinned people. Anyhow you want to argue it

Have you ever seen a semite before undecided
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Have you ever seen a semite before undecided

I guess the Turks, Syrians, Armenians, Persians are not Semites then hmmm?

Do these guys fall in the category of blacks or whites?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Number 3-5 still fall under the colored group

Point of correction, 2-5 falls under the coloured group.

Now are all these groups referred to as blacks hmmm?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

Are the Hebrews whom originated from Shem also of the same colour?

Remember, Ham is the progenitor of the dark races, and Cush (Ethiopia) descended from Ham.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that Shem and Ham were dark skinned, there were brothers weren't they? I mean maybe Ham was charcoal black but you make it sound like Shem was what? White, fair like a dove and could never have been black, and maybe grew darker.

You keep repeating the same old thing as Wikipedia, olive but ain't you supposed to follow the scripture.

But what's the big deal if Shem was black? Do you what the deal is?

What your doing here is what you usually go against - stubborn obstinacy -, when stacked with scriptural reference you fail to observe the consistent used of certain references.

Neither history nor scripture supports your claim yet you clinch unto it with tight like it's a rope holding your life, whereas it just a sad straw.

If you could pause for a minute and ask yourself what if you are wrong, except you feel not humble to ever be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:31pm On Jan 01, 2020
I keep on laughing when Moses being raised under the roof of Pharoah is used as evidence to claim Hebrews were blacks. It only shows people know next to nothing about History.

First off, a Pharoah that never knew or heard of Joseph oppressed the Hebrews.

Ignorant folks never knew Assyria (a Semitic race) invaded and took over Egypt by conquest prior to enslavement of the Hebrews.

That explains how a Pharoah that never knew Joseph arose to oppress the Jews.

Read up the antiquity of the Jews by Josephus Flavius. Also read the book of Jasher to confirm this.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Why is it so hard for you to believe that Shem and Ham were dark skinned, there were brothers weren't they? I mean maybe Ham was charcoal black but you make it sound like Shem was what? White, fair like a dove and could never have been black, and maybe grew darker.

You keep repeating the same old thing as Wikipedia, olive but ain't you supposed to follow the scripture.

But what's the big deal if Shem was black? Do you what the deal is?

What your doing here is what you usually go against - stubborn obstinacy -, when stacked with scriptural reference you fail to observe the consistent used of certain references.

Neither history nor scripture supports your claim yet you clinch unto it with tight like it's a rope holding your life, whereas it just a sad straw.

If you could pause for a minute and ask yourself what if you are wrong, except you feel not humble to ever be wrong.

Let’s face the facts on ground and call a spade a spade.

Were the Semitic race ever blacks? Does coloured and black mean the same thing?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 12:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

Let’s face the facts on ground and call a spade a spade.

Were the Semitic race ever blacks? Does coloured and black mean the same thing?
Yes they were
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

I guess the Turks, Syrians, Armenians, Persians are not Semites then hmmm?

Do these guys fall in the category of blacks or whites?

Your looking at the present, instead of looking at history.

I asked you this before you didn't answer. In Lagos you see white skinned girls, igbos, some yorubas. The question is can you ever say they are white and not blacks.

You keep switching between nationality and race as the present day geography location is an identifier for nationality and not race.

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Yes they were

Semitic people were blacks? Bring evidences please.

I wonder how the Persians, Turks, Syrians, and other Semitic races today in the Middle East are miraculously not so today!
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Your looking at the present, instead of looking at history.

I asked you this before you didn't answer. In Lagos you see white skinned girls, igbos, some yorubas. The question is can you ever say they are white and not blacks.

You keep switching between nationality and race as the present day geography location is an identifier for nationality and not race.

Smh, tell us if nationality and races are not linked at all.

The natives of the various nations today didn’t descend from a particular racial ancestry abi?

And to your question above, please how can you refer to a light skinned Igbo or Yoruba as white skinned?

What should we then call a typical Irish girl? A ghost?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

Semitic people were blacks? Bring evidences please.

I wonder how the Persians, Turks, Syrians, and other Semitic races today in the Middle East are miraculously not so today!

Noah said to Japheth he would extend, and dwell...

Where?

I would be shocked if you understood this verse.

Don't ask me, cause I tried to explain a very simple verse to you one time and misquoted me.

Semities dwelt with the hamites (whom you call black) and inter married.

My one prove is scripture.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
The joke of the day is assuming being coloured also means black.

Apparently, either people are too colour blind to know a typical Arab is darker in complexion compared to a typical Caucasian.

However, you can see no one in their reasonable mind claiming Arabs are blacks.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:47pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Noah said to Japheth he would extend, and dwell...

Where?

I would be shocked if you understood this verse.

Don't ask me, cause I tried to explain a very simple verse to you one time and misquoted me.

Semities dwelt with the hamites (whom you call black) and inter married.

My one prove is scripture.

Please explain how the Persians, Turks, Syrians, and other Middle Eastern Semitic races are not BLACKS but only the Hebrews hmmm?

Please explain what is so special in the skin of a typical Ethiopian that Jeremiah the Hebrew prophet pointed out in Jeremiah 13 v 23
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 12:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

Smh, tell us if nationality and races are not linked at all.

The natives of the various nations today didn’t descend from a particular racial ancestry abi?

And to your question above, please how can you refer to a light skinned Igbo or Yoruba as white skinned?

What should we then call a typical Irish girl? A ghost?

1 thing you should notice is I don't answer questions with questions, as you have done here.

Please don't repeat it again.

Expect this conversation seems to you like a game, trust me I know how to respond likewise.

Now read my posts again, understand them n give a responsible response.

Oh, And I don't tell people what they want to hear, I tell them the truth.

Next time please just focus on what I wrote. And not an idea or concept in your head.

One thing I will repeat again but in just one word.
Migration

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
Jeremiah 13 v 23

23 Can the Ethiopian change HIS SKIN, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

BlueAngel444, the above verse was written by a Hebrew prophet. Were the Hebrews also dark as the Ethiopians hmmm?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

Please explain how the Persians, Turks, Syrians, and other Middle Eastern Semitic races are not BLACKS but only the Hebrews hmmm?

Please explain what is so special in the skin of a typical Ethiopian that Jeremiah the Hebrew prophet pointed out in Jeremiah 13 v 23

Why are you asking me to explain things I never told you undecided things you already have a strong believe about. Have you ever been to middle east before, atleast try reading their history before claiming to about a people.

It's like someone going to America now, one would think they have always been there

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

1 thing you should notice is I don't answer questions with questions, as you have done here.

Please don't repeat it again.

Expect this conversation seems to you like a game, trust me I know how to respond likewise.

Now read my posts again, understand them n give a responsible response.

Oh, And I don't tell people what they want to hear, I tell them the truth.

Next time please just focus on what I wrote. And not an idea or concept in your head.

One thing I will repeat again but in just one word.
Migration

Very good, so with all the interracial marriages and migration that happened in ancient history up till now, have you observed there is no significant impact of these activities on either Semitic stocks in the Middle East or the black races in Africa.

Think about it, has migration or interracial marriage changed the complexion of Ethiopians over the centuries? Has the same been observed in the Middle East too?

Pause and think.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:
Jeremiah 13 v 23

23 Can the Ethiopian change HIS SKIN, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

BlueAngel444, the above verse was written by a Hebrew prophet. Were the Hebrews also dark as the Ethiopians hmmm?

Yes
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Why are you asking me to explain things I never told you undecided things you already have a strong believe about. Have you ever been to middle east before, atleast try reading their history before claiming to about a people.

It's like someone going to America now, one would think they have always been there

I’ve been putting up their history here. You all don’t want to read.

Moreover, in this Information Age with the internet and satellite TV, you still need to travel to the Middle East to know what they look like? Really?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Yes

Joke of the century
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

Very good, so with all the interracial marriages and migration that happened in ancient history up till now, have you observed there is no significant impact of these activities on either Semitic stocks in the Middle East or the black races in Africa.

Think about it, has migration or interracial marriage changed the complexion of Ethiopians over the centuries? Has the same been observed in the Middle East too?

Pause and think.

I only speak for Hebrews according to scripture (to some history) they were never white

So your questions above have no basis

But if you were to about the immigration of the whites to the middle east and their settlements, you would obviously notice the interracial mixing. Like you would in the US, where they have a prolonged stay.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

Joke of the century
Even clowns laugh at their own act
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Yes

Check out the following Semitic races closely related to the Hebrews;

1) The Persians (Iranians and Parts of Iraq)
2) The Lydians (Turks)
3) The Aramites (Syrians)

These ones were blacks too abi? cheesy cheesy Abi they didn’t intermarry with the Hamites too? cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 1:04pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

I’ve been putting up their history here. You all don’t want to read.

Moreover, in this Information Age with the internet and satellite TV, you still need to travel to the Middle East to know what they look like? Really?

Don't be silly, because you post too much doesn't mean you read much.

Like I would soon leave this n go n read something, there's not enough time to do both.

Besides I read everything in this thread, that's how o roll.

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

I only speak for Hebrews according to scripture (to some history) they were never white

So your questions above have no basis

But if you were to about the immigration of the whites to the middle east and their settlements, you would obviously notice the interracial mixing. Like you would in the US, where they have a prolonged stay.

Smh, we’ve gone past the issue of Hebrews being white. Of course they were never whites! Even Chinese and Arabs were never whites, they are coloured races too. Do you see anyone in their right senses claiming Arabs and Chinese are blacks because they’re coloured?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Don't be silly, because you post too much doesn't mean you read much.

Like I would soon leave this n go n read something, there's not enough time to do both.

Besides I read everything in this thread, that's how o roll.

Smh, I’ve worked and I’m still working with people of different nationalities (middle easterners inclusive) cheesy

So guy, your advice is dead on arrival. Scream from now till eternity, the Hebrews and by extension the Semitic race are not blacks. Deal with it.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 1:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

Smh, I’ve worked and I’m still working with people of different nationalities (middle easterners inclusive) cheesy

So guy, your advice is dead on arrival. Scream from now till eternity, the Hebrews and by extension the Semitic race are not blacks. Deal with it.
does your confusion cause you to shake your head as to readjust it.

Tell me then where did you originate from
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:19pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:
does your confusion cause you to shake your head as to readjust it.

Tell me then where did you originate from

How does this question prove Hebrews were blacks?

Anyways, I’m a Naija dude from the middle belt.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
OkCornel:

How does this question prove Hebrews were blacks?
I’m a Naija dude from the middle belt.
The middle belt in Nigeria, so your "people" have always lived there?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:32pm On Jan 01, 2020
BlueAngel444:

The middle belt in Nigeria, so your "people" have always lived there?

You tell me. Perhaps they migrated from outter space.

Again, what does this have to do with proving Hebrews were blacks?

Abi Hebrews migrated en masse from the Middle East to sub-Saharan Africa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life / How To Marry A God-fearing Husband / I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.