Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems (41537 Views)

Pictures Of Roundabouts Obiano Rebuilt In Anambra State / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai / Apapa/oshodi Gridlock: Lagos Begins Removal Of Tankers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
Bariga busstop roundabout should be removed and the road expanded
New garage roundabout shld be removed and busstop shld be expanded
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by DSDLIVEREPORT: 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
slimfit1:
Roundabout controls traffic but because we don't have traffic laws that why it is not working simple.
on point. Actually they were effective before the advent of traffic lights and mad drivers.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Karemarealty288(m): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
gevnet:
Abraham Adesanya on Lekki Epe Express way round-about should be removed too.
they can sell that fish to me
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
Egbetuaaa:
[s][/s]

You are the most successful tribe in the world but there is no much successes traceable to your erosion ravaging and moldy land. Expect for your fraud driven tendency across the entire globe.

Tueh!
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Tunde901: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by AmuDimpka: 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Why do we make things complicated in Africa...a simple overhead bridge would do this and divert traffic's

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by AmuDimpka: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2019
Gforce2015:

You are the most successful tribe in the world but there is no much successes traceable to your erosion ravaging and moldy land. Expect for your fraud driven tendency across the entire globe.

Tueh!

Must you answer every clown
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
Roundabouts are for people who understand lane discipline .......Nigerians don’t, so roundabouts create more chaos. A Nigerian will be going straight ahead and yet will approach the roundabout from the left lane, the one turning left will approach from the right lane, why won’t there be chaos in a country where learner drivers and trailers occupy the left lane!

The problem with the fools in Lagos is they are avoiding the inevitable.....Lekki expressway should have been built with flyovers in the 1st place. Ikorodu road was built when our govt officials had brain cells, Imagine if ikorodu road didn’t have flyovers?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by macIB(m): 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
slimfit1:

Give way to the car by the left. It works everywhere normal human beings I forgot about that. Yeap your idea is great.

No. Roundabouts cause more traffic hold-up. All over the world, govts are trying to remove roundabouts as much as possible.
Even studies have shown that junctions are better at vehicular control than roundabouts.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Simplyleo: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sammy07:

Most people will not understand your sarcasm in this comment
I dey tell you o.

See dem quoting and insulting me all over the places. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Injera(f): 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
PointZerom:
Remove Tinubu first.
Why are so obsessed with Tinubu??
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Ttipsy(f): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
Stormyweather:
box junction
thank you

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Egbetuaaa: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:

I dey tell you o.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Ttipsy(f): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
ncoolsome:

U can't use T junctions on major roads take for instance lekki/epe,most of this roads are cross roads which is due to poor town planning so having a big round about help to slow traffic while u negotiate..
Express ways do have traffic lights too, so lekki /Epe case shouldn't be different here
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Ttipsy(f): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
Simplyleo:

I dey tell you o.

lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Ttipsy(f): 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
Injera:
Why are so obsessed with Tinubu??
because the roundabout is fat and wowo
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by oluwasegun007(m): 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
Simplyleo:
Lagos always coming up with programmes that affect our business even though we are responsible for its development. We also own about 95% of the landed properties but they won't just let us be because of hate.

We still remain the most successful tribe in the world, so they can go to blazes.

You stole FTC just to spil rubbish.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by DavidEsq(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
slimfit1:
Roundabout controls traffic but because we don't have traffic laws that why it is not working simple.
If u see roundabout for delta state, them u go understand the OP well. How roundabout space go big pass the main road. Dem go come build one kain rubbish tv stand for there, gather all the local government allocation fix light for there. Na so so crase government ppl full that delta state

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by emilyone(f): 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
Abraham Adesanya round about should be the first on that list
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by wowo2: 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ttipsy:
..... Give way to car by the left? Technically it still doesn't solve the problem, Traffic flow should be timed and regulated using traffic lights...

Roundabout do waste time,, I think it help to beauty not to solve traffic issues

I actually agree with slimfit1...cars approaching the roundabout should give way to oncoming cars on their left..the concept works...t least in other countries.

Although saying that, the day I entered the roundabout and was dragging it with car coming from my right, when I am to his left and he should av stopped, the guy was threatening to beat me up..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by ItooWorWor(m): 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
Saltybear:

He isn't one he is actually from the south west pretending to be ibo so a tribal bashing can start
Lair son of lie mohammed, dat guy na correct ipob agent of hate
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Emperorclarkken: 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
They should also remove the roundabout at abraham adesanya ajah.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
ItooWorWor:

Lair son of lie mohammed, dat guy na correct ipob agent of hate

No he is not ibo

Again you are wrong
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Josewonder(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
what have Lagos got to do with Igbo, mumu people alwz like fooling themselves.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Pataricatering(f): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
Permanent victim mentality is worrying you !
Simplyleo:
Lagos always coming up with programmes that affect our business even though we are responsible for its development. We also own about 95% of the landed properties but they won't just let us be because of hate.

We still remain the most successful tribe in the world, so they can go to blazes.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by Simplyleo: 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
Pataricatering:
Permanent victim mentality is worrying you !
How?
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by shiki(m): 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
slimfit1:

Give way to the car by the left.
oga this can't work in Lag, ...u give way to cars by the left, u sleep at the r/about end of story
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by shiki(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
Emperorclarkken:

for sure it will go when 4th main land bridge project kick off

maybe after 5yrs grin
Emperorclarkken:

for sure it will go when 4th main land bridge project kick off

maybe after 5yrs
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by ednut1(m): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
The lekki ones 3rd to 7th roundabouts were removed . Still there is traffic
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by crafteck(m): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Simplyleo:

I'm hearing we, we and we.... Personally what have You contributed
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by ncoolsome(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ttipsy:
Express ways do have traffic lights too, so lekki /Epe case shouldn't be different here

Its not called express way for nothing,u can only slow down traffic using round abouts u can't stop it...and how do u plan on using T junction??

Note:am a certified town planner
Re: Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems by chewwie(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
slimfit1:
How many roundabouts do you see outside Africa in Europe and the USA?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abandoned Ogurugu Airport & Sea Jetty: Tales Of Igbo Nsukka (Photos) / Woman Returns N12 Million Naira She Found At MM Aiport Toilet / Beautiful Picture Of Araromi Beach, Ilaje, Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.