Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks (1241 Views)

Meet Osahon Ewansiha Hired By Prestofresco In Italy For Preventing Robbery / Top 5 Recruitment Agencies For Most Nigeria Banks. / The First Banks Digital Geek Recruitment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by oladeleadebayo1: 9:48am On Dec 28, 2019
Goodmorning N'lander,this morning I went to use first bank ATM unfortunately there was no network on all the ATM at that branch.Since I needed cash urgently, I went to GTbank ATM,i inserted my card with pin and pressed withdraw,guess what happened? a list of denomination was show on the screen ranging from one thousand to five thousand naira being the highest.Since I want to withdraw more than five thousand naira, I removed my card from the first machine and tried it on the next available machine, lo and behold same amount of denomination was shown on the ATM screen,5 thousand naira being the highest I can withdraw per time.I have to withdraw many times in order to get the needed amount and on each 5 thousand naira withdrawal 65 naira is being deducted from my account.
I see this act as a means for nigerian banks to rob nigerians of their hard earn money.

2 Likes

Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by popsy2(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2019
Nawao
Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by Amanee(f): 10:24am On Dec 28, 2019
Rare occurrence but then couldn't you click others and withdraw in tranches of 20/40k?

Your tory get as e be

2 Likes

Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by SEGLIZ: 10:33am On Dec 28, 2019
Amanee:
Rare occurrence but then couldn't you click others and withdraw in trenches of 20/40k?

Your tory get as e be

same thought crossed my mind cause I know such option do exist.
except this individual is new to ATM!?

3 Likes

Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by harunaalh(m): 10:39am On Dec 28, 2019
oladeleadebayo1:
Goodmorning N'lander,this morning I went to use first bank ATM unfortunately there was no network on all the ATM at that branch.Since I needed cash urgently, I went to GTbank ATM,i inserted my card with pin and pressed withdraw,guess what happened? a list of denomination was show on the screen ranging from one thousand to five thousand naira being the highest.Since I want to withdraw more than five thousand naira, I removed my card from the first machine and tried it on the next available machine, lo and behold same amount of denomination was shown on the ATM screen,5 thousand naira being the highest I can withdraw per time.I have to withdraw many times in order to get the needed amount and on each 5 thousand naira withdrawal 65 naira is being deducted from my account.
I see this act as a means for nigerian banks to rob nigerians of their hard earn money.

It mostly applies to ATM around campuses...very unfortunate
Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by Amanee(f): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2019
SEGLIZ:

Same thing I think
Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by oladeleadebayo1: 11:51am On Dec 28, 2019
Amanee:
Rare occurrence but then couldn't you click others and withdraw in tranches of 20/40k?

Your tory get as e be
There is no others option shown on the screen.

2 Likes

Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by oladeleadebayo1: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2019
harunaalh:

It mostly applies to ATM around campuses...very unfortunate
It happend at Allen GTbank,Ikeja,Lagos State.
Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by oladeleadebayo1: 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
SEGLIZ:

I have been using ATM since it came to Nigeria,and moreaslo,am humbly an information technology guru.
Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by SEGLIZ: 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
oladeleadebayo1:

I have been using ATM since I came to Nigeria,and moreaslo,am humbly an information technology guru.

bro, with all due respect and you not feeling insulted, you knew what you saw quite well, what you experienced but are not presenting things like it is.
on that monster there use to be option for you to type in whatever amount you want if the pre-programmed bottons are ain't up to your cash demand.
to my understanding what you are saying is that the option is been deleted right? or just synonymous with that bank?
Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by thelastmediator: 12:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
SEGLIZ:

bro, with all due respect and you not feeling insulted, you knew what you saw quite well, what you experienced but are not presenting things like it is.
on that monster there use to be option for you to type in whatever amount you want if the pre-programmed bottons are ain't up to your cash demand.
to my understanding what you are saying is that the option is been deleted right? or just synonymous with that bank?

The other option isn't available for cards from other banks. A user complained about the OP's experience on Thursday when I used Gtbank Magodo branch. I think it's a kind of cash control for December period. My guess though.
Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by SEGLIZ: 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
thelastmediator:

The other option isn't available for cards from other banks. A user complained about the OP's experience on Thursday when I used Gtbank Magodo branch. I think it's a kind of cash control for December period. My guess though.

I just imagine someone inflicting pains on people over their legitimate right restrict cash withdrawal.
maybe some lazy idiot don't want to leave his family during the festive period? but op said he went ahead making multiple withdrawal which me GT intentionally want to cash in on unsuspecting client from other banks since the festive period is synonymous with heavy cash withdrawal.
to bank.
Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by Bayokun(m): 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
SEGLIZ:

I witnessed such few weeks back at the GTB in computer village, it gave me the option to input the amount I needed because I used a GTB , but wasn't so for other banks users...

1 Like

Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by SEGLIZ: 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
Bayokun:

I witnessed such few weeks back at the GTB in computer village, it gave me the option to input the amount I needed because I used a GTB , but wasn't so for other banks users...

then this is exploitation from gtb
Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by Oshlander: 6:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
I can confirm what the OP has said. It happened to me too on Thursday at a Gtbank ATM in Abeokuta, and the "Others" Option was visibly missing from the screen. The Amounts shown were #1,000 to #5,000. This is a Machine that usually dispensed #1,000 notes, the highest Amount should have been #30,000 as with GTBANK ATM Machines.

I had to calm down first, eject my ATM Card and reinsert the it again.

Mind you, I used GTBANK ATM Card.

After I inserted the Card, then I just pressed the button where "Others" Option was supposed to be written and it brought out option to type what amount I wanted to withdraw, and that's how I defeated their attempt to rob me.

I wanted to withdraw #71,000. I would have pressed the machine 15 painful times.

You have to be wise in this country.

The OP's tale is true please.

2 Likes

Re: Day-light Robbery By Nigerian Banks by Barryseal: 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
This is true of GTB atms. I had same experience 2 nights back. Although, this morning I used Polaris Bank atm and the threshold was 15k. This is banking malpractice which should be explained by the top exec at GTB.

(1) (Reply)

Please Guys Help Me Verify This Interview Message / Job 4 Network Engineers / Zennith Bank- Info Tech Dept.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.