Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day (48303 Views)

After 10 Years Of Waiting, Woman Dies On Christmas Day After Delivery (Photos) / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Mrsprissy: 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
Good evening my brothers and sisters in the house. First , I am not a troll . I've been a member on NL since 2008 and am very active, but I prefer using a new account for my story to seek advice and also learn from other experienced people in this great group.

On christmas day hubby and I were invited to attend a special dinner at his friend's house and I picked a nice outfit for him to wear on the day, he wore another outfit, a t shirt and jeans his every day clothes so I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

He was in our room for an hour while the kids and I were still waiting for him, I even sent the kids in their room to play, he later came out he only changed his top but didn't changed the trousers and trainers. I had decided not to say anything for peace to reign, so as we were leaving, I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly, he only stopped because my children were screaming and crying for him to stop.

I am so pained because before the incident happened, we were fine, no quarrel at all, I just don't understand his reasons for beating me like this and I swear to God, I didn't say something to make him this angry, he left me there and went out, his friend later called to know if we were still coming because he couldn't reach hubby on the phone, I told him we are coming.

I cleaned myself, changed my clothes and I left with the kids to his friend's house, to my surprise he was already there, we acted like everything was normal and I tried hard to stop tears coming because I was in pained.

For the past 3 days he has been acting as if I did wronged him, he doesn't talk to me, he doesn't eat my foods and he left the room and he is now sleeping in our son's room. I just don't know what to do again

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by healthserve(m): 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
Patiently remember and list the unresolved issues not matter how little you both had before this incidence.. Except your husband likes to beat you for fun, this doesn't make any sense atall. Not in the slightest

211 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by thorpido(m): 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
That must be his own way of celebrating Christmas with you.

196 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by ambassadorgozie(m): 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
thorpido:
That must be his own way of celebrating Christmas with you.

always unserious

292 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by dawnomike(m): 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sorry about what happened... For no reason should your husband have slapped you!!!
Anyways, try to talk to him about it and seek a resolution. I really can understand how painful this has been for you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Cutehector(m): 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Not that I am supporting him for hitting you ooo.. Never. But take a look at your words

You asked him to take a family picture and he snapped and slapped you just like that? I sha know that women are very good at removing a lot of details when narrating their own side of the story.

Edited: and to all those quoting me telling me on no account should a man hit a woman.. It seems you all have serious issues with reading. Please study the first paragraph before thinking of quoting me.

375 Likes 24 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by thorpido(m): 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2019
ambassadorgozie:

always unserious
You mean the Op's husband?

16 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by daddytime(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hmmm

All these many seeking for advice for here don tire person.

Op, where are you guys based?

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sorry about your experience.. But what transpired between the family picture and slap.. Did u have any argument or said anything insulting?

Has he ever beaten u before? Do u notice and changes in him before now?
. How is his work and mental health?

Are u observant enough to notice changes?

Calm down and try talking to him.. He may be regretting his actions already

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by mysticwarrior(m): 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
Madam tell us the truth so we could give you good advice, you are not telling us the whole truth, you might have done something to that man to injure his pride during these encounter.

41 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by doitforyou(f): 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
You didn’t deserve to get beat up on Christmas Day.

Personally, I believe that anytime violence is introduced in a relationship, the relationship is done. It never happens only once especially when the abuser is not remorseful. It’s even worse that your children are exposed to violence.

If you apologize for being beaten or you entertain his silent treatment you’ve given him a green light for future beatings.

165 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Vyolet(f): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
Is this his first time? If No, then nothing should surprise you again, you should be used to it while waiting till he kills you finally.

I don't understand why you still had to attend the party though, so after chopping beating in the presence of your kids, you still had the mind to attend party, who are you trying to impress exactly?

Anyways, when your husband calms down, try and ask him what you did wrong and if he asks you to stay on your lane, make sure you don't leave your lane to avoid more touching stories. While staying on your lane, you should expect more because he doesn't seem remorseful.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
OK. Your husband is simply lashing out. Allow him pick his clothes, don't seek to control him. If he asks for your input, good and fine. You probably tabbed his looks, and he retaliated with beating.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by crackhaus: 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
1. I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

2. I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly.

After giving you the benefit of a doubt and assuming this is exactly how it happened - then your husband has definitely gone mad to react to absolutely nothing.
Please politely ask him if there is madness running in his family, make sure you ask him from a safe distance because he will surely use the nearest furniture to kill you.

Madness does not have a cure, but it can be managed.
Arrange to have him put in chains and get him on medications till everything returns to normal.

166 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
Slapping and beating you up because you requested for photo shot, shows your husband had something boiling him up, and he released his aggression on you. Give him space and face your kids. You did nothing wrong and owe him no apologies, if his concience is still working, he will apologise to you.

46 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Preshy561(f): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
sad
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by healthserve(m): 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
crackhaus:
1. I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

2. I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly.

After giving you the benefit of a doubt and assuming this is exactly how it happened - then your husband has definitely gone mad to react to absolutely nothing.

Please politely ask him if there is madness running in his family, make sure you ask him from a safe distance because he will surely use the nearest furniture to kill you.

I'm. Cracked up. This doesn't add up. Another one on the loose seeking validations to create problems in the house. It's outright lunacy on the husband's side or the OP is telling the tale to appear completely innocent

45 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Dande55: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
Some women deh tolerate nonsense for this life.
I'm sure it's not his first time

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Enwhen(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
Mrsprissy:
Good evening my brothers and sisters in the house. First , I am not a troll . I've been a member on NL since 2008 and am very active, but I prefer using a new account for my story to seek advice and also learn from other experienced people in this great group. On christmas day hubby and I were invited to attend a special dinner at his friend's house and I picked a nice outfit for him to wear on the day, he wore another outfit a t shirt and jeans his every day clothes so I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

He was in our room for an hour while the kids and I were still waiting for him , I even sent the kids in their room to play , he later came out he only changed his top but didnt changed the trousers and trainers , I have decided not to say anything for peace to reign , so as we were leaving , I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly, he only stopped because my children were screaming and crying for him to stop.
I am so pained because before the incident happened, we were fine , no quarrel at all , I just dont understand his reasons for beating me like this and I swear to God , I didnt say something to make him this angry, he left me there and went out , his friend later called to know if we were still coming because he couldn't reached hubby on the phone , I told him we are coming.
I cleaned myself ,change my clothes and I left with the kids to.his friend house , to my surprised he was already there , we acted like everything was normal and I tried hard to stop tears coming because I was in pained.

For the past 3 days he has been acting as if I did wronged him, he doesn't talk to me, he doesn't eat my foods and he left the room and he is now sleeping in our son room. I just don't know what to do again

The issue maybe before the preparation for your hubby's friend birthday, go and meet him now , beg him that u are sorry in other to resolve two possible reasons for his behaviour, first stage depression( maybe due to what he is facing in his place of work) or the fact that u know he doesn't have much dress like yourself , yet u were speaking like a novice.... Go beg him , he may not answer u immediately, keep crying while begging, it's a serious issue disturbing your husband, it may even be that he has been 'jaz' to just hate u for no reason ,... Go meet him now ,the earlier the better ...I suspect depression ...

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Prec1ous(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
This rendition has been stripped down of all details like a bone given to dogs.

Or

Your husband is a mad man and should be admitted to the nearest psychiatric home for beating you without reason, I think he has lost his mind!

Or

They have "jazz" your husband. They are now controlling him from the other side.

Whichever, I apologize on his behalf.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by healthserve(m): 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
Prec1ous:
This rendition has been stripped down of all details like a bone given to dogs.

Or

Your husband is a mad man and should be admitted to the nearest psychiatric home for beating you without reason, I think he has lost his mind!

Or

They have "jazz" your husband. They are now controlling him from the other side.

Whichever, I apologize on his behalf.

Or she should fill in the details or take down her thread

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nickisindigo(m): 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
EXPERIENCE THEY SAY IS THE BEST TEACHER SINCE I NO GET EXPERIENCE MAYBE THE PERSON BELOW ME IS EXPERIENCED AND CAN GIVE YOU THE ADVICE YOU NEEDED

THANKS

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by culf: 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
there is more to this, something is there that he is not telling you.

As a man he should not be bottling things up because I don't think neither mood swing nor what you said is enough reason for him to hit you.

You guys should talk about it or you can talk to someone he respect and listen to.

#Some men no dey try o

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Mutemenot(m): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
Snapped and slapped

We elders do not judge a case that's not well narrated... Be bold and sincere enough to tell us your role..
When a child tells me where's he going, I 'll tell him what to say lipsrsealed

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by HarunaWest(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hanty...what happened before Christmas day...Tell us...no lies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Kendumazy(m): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hmmm
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by crackhaus: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
healthserve:

I'm. Cracked up. This doesn't add up. Another one on the loose seeking validations to create problems in the house. It's outright lunacy on the husband's side or the OP is telling the tale to appear completely innocent
No other explanation besides madness if we are to go by her narration.

15 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by healthserve(m): 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2019
crackhaus:

No other explanation besides madness if we are to go by her narration.

Tale bearers know the astute act of absolving themselves of any form or wrong and then twist the tale to project faultless actions. Anyway if the husband did this and the account were through, besides lunacy we can think of emotional mismanagement arising from trauma like huge pile of debts on the husband's shoulders.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Mrsprissy: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
Thank you so much everyone for your advice . Like I said earlier nothing actually happened between us before Christmas , everything was okey , on Monday December 23rd we went out shopping for Christmas after we took the kids out to the playgrounds and we ended the day with a nice dinner at the restaurant. On Christmas morning we woke up fine no arguments, he left the house and went to get his hair cut, I picked up his clothes and left it on the bed by the time he get back so he can wear them, he came back very normal on a good mood , the only time he got angry was when I asked him to go and change , I didn’t raise my voice , I only told him the clothes doesn’t look nice for the special occasion that was when he told me to keep quiet and I did. He took 1 hour just to change the T-shirt to a shirt and I wasn’t not happy but I didn’t say anything because he wasn’t in the right mood. Yes He beat me just because I have asked him to take a family picture , I swear to God I’m telling the truth and if I’m not lying because it won’t put any money to my bank account. This is the 2nd beating after 6 years of marriage , but this is one was worse than the first one. Something did happened back in October ( his fault) but we have already settle everything and went back to normal. I know it doesn’t make sense to some of you , even myself I just don’t understand why did he beat me with so much hatred when I did nothing wrong

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by healthserve(m): 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
Mrsprissy:
Thank you so much everyone for your advice . Like I said earlier nothing actually happened between us before Christmas , everything was okey , on Monday December 23rd we went out shopping for Christmas after we took the kids out to the playgrounds and we ended the day with a nice dinner at the restaurant. On Christmas morning we woke up fine no arguments, he left the house and went to get his hair cut, I picked up his clothes and left it on the bed by the time he get back so he can wear them, he came back very normal on a good mood , the only time he got angry was when I asked him to go and change , I didn’t raise my voice , I only told him the clothes doesn’t look nice for the special occasion that was when he told me to keep quiet and I did. He took 1 hour just to change the T-shirt to a shirt and I wasn’t not happy but I didn’t say anything because he wasn’t in the right mood. Yes He beat me just because I have asked him to take a family picture , I swear to God I’m telling the truth and if I’m not lying because it won’t put any money to my bank account. This is the 2nd beating after 6 years of marriage , but this is one was worse than the first one. Something did happened back in October ( his fault) but we have already settle everything and went back to normal. I know it doesn’t make sense to some of you , even myself I just don’t understand why did he beat me with so much hatred when I did nothing wrong

If he snapped then bulk negative emotions must have domiciled his mind before then. Are you guys heavily indebted?

15 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by faithfull18(f): 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
It is well oo.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me / Photos Of An Identical Mother & Daughter / Man Who Rescued Baby Girl Dumped By Road Side In Enugu Shares Her New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.