Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Ladies, How Do You Feel When Reading This Verse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ladies, How Do You Feel When Reading This Verse (368 Views)

Who Deleted This Verse From The Perfectly Preserved Quran Of Muhammad? / How Do You Feel When You Don't Have Offering To Give In Church? / How Do You Feel When You Fall Under The Anointing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, How Do You Feel When Reading This Verse by mumumugu(m): 2:05am On Dec 29, 2019
Corinthians 14:33b-36. First Timothy 2:9–15 iin light of women leadership.

The focus is not on the interpretation of the verse, but on the feeling it envokes.

a woman told me it makes her feel inferior, low sex

many confided in me they do not like it but got to accept it since it is inspired by the bible.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel When Reading This Verse by YungMillionaire: 2:26am On Dec 29, 2019
the bible or koran is NOT the word of God so don't take it too seriously.
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel When Reading This Verse by chiommy123(f): 7:18am On Dec 29, 2019
Inferior how? Me likey self cos I don't have to be showing myself anyhow and I also have to learn from the others
Re: Ladies, How Do You Feel When Reading This Verse by Eviana(f): 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
mumumugu:
Corinthians 14:33b-36. First Timothy 2:9–15 iin light of women leadership.

The focus is not on the interpretation of the verse, but on the feeling it envokes.

a woman told me it makes her feel inferior, low sex

many confided in me they do not like it but got to accept it since it is inspired by the bible.

It would be interesting to ask the same question to Muslim women...

Anyhow, "the feeeling the verses evoke", for me would be shock at first glance. On the surface, it appears "oppressive".

1 Timothy 2:9-15 (KJV)

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

1 Corinthians 14:33-36 (KJV)

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

I'm not sure sir, that you want a real discussion...it appears to be other motives here but I could be wrong.
However, if you would permit me to speak, I'd love to expound a little more here. As always, there are sincere, searching and anonymous people on this site, who compel my conscience to write for.

A Christian cannot just read most scripture passages or verse(s)...and assume, infer, or conclude an affirmative meaning just at first glance. Yes, some scripture verses are very direct, straight-to-the-point, and cannot be misinterpreted.

Example:

John 14:6 (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

However, there are many scripture passages that need to be read further...."line upon line, precept upon precept"....
A wise student of the scriptures would dig deeper to understand exactly "what" the Lord is saying.
Christianity does not oppress women.
Some CULTURES, however, do.
Those cultures mix/mingle and misinterpret God's Word.
A woman NOT usurping a man's voice/teaching in church settings does NOT equate to a woman NOT having a distinct personality/voice/opinion.
God is honoring the hierarchy established within the confines of Christianity: God, the Godly husband, and the Godly wife..the respect for the man carries a grave responsibilty...because he is to be led by the Lord.
He has to shoulder the responsbility...which was given to him as the man by the Lord.
The same design is for the church.
Women minister in so many ways throughout a church, that she does NOT need the role of "pastor" or "elder". Those roles are reserved for males. In that sense, the woman should NOT attempt to usurp a man's authority.
Attempting to head/lead a church, is NOT the responsibility of a woman, but her gifts are to be used in a church setting.

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Prophecy And Prediction / The Voice You Hear When Thinking Or Reading Is Your Spirit : Opinion / Kogi Born, Youth Minister Eben Speaks On Corona Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.