Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand (690 Views)

Take A Look At These Two Bigi Soft Drink, What Have You Been Drinking? / CPC Reveals What Nigerians Must Do Now Before Eating Beans / Nigeria And Copy Copy: Open Letter To Bigi Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand by Kosofepost(m): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2019
Substandard foreign products must not crush our brand
By Bilesanmi Abayomi

It’s sickening and disheartening, reading the alleged leaked mail emanating from the Managing Director of Seven-Up Bottling Company (SBC), Ziad Maalouf, noting his determination to stop at nothing, to crush Nigeria’s indigenous brand currently maintaining a huge market share as result given their brand and others insomnia.

Perhaps, Ziad underestimated the resolve of Nigerians to make their country work having discovered that aliens has been at the forefront of crushing and sabotaging the efforts of sustainable indigenous brand in the country.

Foreign brands in some cases made attempts to buy a local brand, when they observe that such local brand is doing fantastic well in the market thereby, affecting their brand loyalty and sales. However, if such local brand owner(s) can not be bought over, the foreign brand pay heavily to spy or espionage using internal saboteurs to disrupt production process or embrace other disruptive measures to push them out of business. Most importantly, to discourage other local investors from venturing into the same line of business and to sustain their monopoly and periodical price increment.

This is where local brand owners and government who are strongly passionate about the growth and development of local brand must sanction any foreign brand who may attempt to muscle our country’s brand while taken capital flight from our Nation with impunity.

RELATED: lagos-assembly-divided-on-need-to-protect-local-traders-from-foreigners

Perhaps Ziad’s job was threatened largely owing to the feedbacks he got about their competitor which triggered his unguided, deformed and perceived hate speech against the highly acceptable and celebrated BIGI brand.

On the part of the external consumers, the distributors, retailers and vendors they make more profit from B-Brand industry (Bigger pack and lower price) of international standard than any other brands according to hundreds of the testimony rather than the usual “working like an elephant, eating like an ant” relationship in the past.

As a science journalist, its bottle content when taken to a laboratory for a test for human consumption, ranked among the best and it was found to have been produced with the first of its kind, highly assembled sophisticated equipments under hygienic environment in the country.

Having good facility, welfare package and quality product by an indigenous company in a few years of existence, the goose bumps and insomnia developed by the Managing Director of Seven-Up Bottling Company (SBC), Ziad Maalouf compared to his brand which has been existing in Nigeria for decades further confirmed popularity, visibility and loyalty to the B brand. Consequently, the declared destructive war on Bigi by SBC by “any means” is not against the founder but against Nigerians as a whole and must be resisted by all.

Because if Nigerians fail to stand with an indigenous brand as a nation and allow this to go as in the past, substandard foreign products of other countries will crush it in no distant time through devious means as declared.

Over a decade age, Nigeria Music crushed foreign music in social events, clubs, Radio, TV stations as result of combined efforts of song writers, artists, producers, Disc and Video Jockey, fans entertainment media reports among others. No events in Nigeria will be “A Class” without playing Nigeria’s artist songs.

Chiefly, State and Federal Government must not kill our local brand with over taxation, Bigi and others will continue to dominate in their domain, so long the founder maintains the attested quality standard, both internally and externally and treating host community as king.

https://kosofepost.com/2019/11/27/bigi-nigerians-must-stand-with-an-indigenous-quality-brand/

1 Like

Re: Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand by harmony940(m): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
Please this should be push to the front page,let support ourselves,i must say I stand with this.. Lalastical please do the needful,thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand by anthonyuncle(m): 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
Kosofepost:

As a science journalist, its bottle content when taken to a laboratory for a test for human consumption, ranked among the best and it was found to have been produced with the first of its kind, highly assembled sophisticated equipments under hygienic environment in the country.
https://kosofepost.com/2019/11/27/bigi-nigerians-must-stand-with-an-indigenous-quality-brand/

plz who did da tests and we need prove of its results
Re: Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand by hisgrace090: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2019
Why are they no more bigi soft drink in the south east ?

I have searched for it both in IMO and anambra state all to no avail.

1 Like

Re: Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand by jamalee: 12:26am On Dec 30, 2019
@anthonyuncle; What about the foreign soft drinks like cocacola, pepsi, fanta, sprite, and the likes; are they good for human consumption? What pains so much is that Nigerians don't love and appreciate what is made in Nigeria. We only welcome and embrace foreign products; even if they are substandard. Let's try to make it our business to appreciate made in Nigeria products. For example, Nigerian wire is still the best in the market compared to wires that are manufactured in China, United States of America(USA), Germany, Italy, France, Belgium, Spain, et al. If the economy of any nation want to grow, the people of that nation must patronize their local made products and services. Just take a look at what happened in China years back. Chinese government banned importation and exportation of their country for some period of time; no product coming in from another country and no product leaving their country to another country. This was how China grew to be the number one best economy in the world despite the fact that United States of America (USA) are claiming that they are the best. They were forced to patronize their local made products and services. Let's take a look at Nigeria; 85% of the products and services we patronize are foreign. Products and services like Cocacola, Fanta, sprite, Schwepps, Gucci, Mochino, Rolex, Micheal Corx, Peak Milk, Shoprite, FedEx, DHL, Kentuchy Fried Chicken(KFC), Tentuchy Fried Chicken(TFC), Giorgio Armani, Toyot, Ford, Mercideze Benz, Knorr, Maggi, Ajinomoto, Milo, Bournvita, Samsung, LG, Nokia, Phillips, et al. We can even do better than these foreign products and services if Nigerians are ready to patronize those products and services. I want to go to bed now, I will be churning out inspirational posts that will be helpful to hussling Nigerians like me starting from 31st of December, 2019 or 1st of January, 2020. Bye for now and have a good night sleep...

1 Like

Re: Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand by anthonyuncle(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2019
jamalee:
@anthonyuncle; What about the foreign soft drinks like cocacola, pepsi, fanta, sprite, and the likes; are they good for human consumption? What pains so much is that Nigerians don't love and appreciate what is made in Nigeria. We only welcome and embrace foreign products; even if they are substandard. Let's try to make it our business to appreciate made in Nigeria products. For example, Nigerian wire is still the best in the market compared to wires that are manufactured in China, United States of America(USA), Germany, Italy, France, Belgium, Spain, et al. If the economy of any nation want to grow, the people of that nation must patronize their local made products and services. Just take a look at what happened in China years back. Chinese government banned importation and exportation of their country for some period of time; no product coming in from another country and no product leaving their country to another country. This was how China grew to be the number one best economy in the world despite the fact that United States of America (USA) are claiming that they are the best. They were forced to patronize their local made products and services. Let's take a look at Nigeria; 85% of the products and services we patronize are foreign. Products and services like Cocacola, Fanta, sprite, Schwepps, Gucci, Mochino, Rolex, Micheal Corx, Peak Milk, Shoprite, FedEx, DHL, Kentuchy Fried Chicken(KFC), Tentuchy Fried Chicken(TFC), Giorgio Armani, Toyot, Ford, Mercideze Benz, Knorr, Maggi, Ajinomoto, Milo, Bournvita, Samsung, LG, Nokia, Phillips, et al. We can even do better than these foreign products and services if Nigerians are ready to patronize those products and services. I want to go to bed now, I will be churning out inspirational posts that will be helpful to hussling Nigerians like me starting from 31st of December, 2019 or 1st of January, 2020. Bye for now and have a good night sleep...
no one in his sane mind will tell u that carbonated soft drinks are good for u,
but relating to da issue on ground,
u can true a public opinion poll,
u will realize that most persons buy bigi just bcoz of da size.
so if u say a test was conducted to prove its superiority, u have to present da results as prove...

e get as dz talk go reach, dz other companies will come looking for u
Re: Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand by Kosofepost(m): 11:12am On Dec 30, 2019
Nice contribution...
jamalee:
Re: Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand by jamalee: 1:29am On Dec 31, 2019
anthonyuncle:

no one in his sane mind will tell u that carbonated soft drinks are good for u,
but relating to da issue on ground,
u can true a public opinion poll,
u will realize that most persons buy bigi just bcoz of da size.
so if u say a test was conducted to prove its superiority, u have to present da results as prove...

e get as dz talk go reach, dz other companies will come looking for u
Brother, I know that you would have taken carbonated soft drinks one or two times in your lifetime. If so, it means you too are not in your sane mind. I am talking about patronizing our local made products and services, you are saying something else. Who in this world does consume chemical or artificial made products? But too much of everything is not good. Even if you drink too much water, it will disturb you. If you take too much salt, it will disturb you. Bros, don't you take sausage roll, pasta, bread, meat pie, fish roll, chin-chin, buns, puff-puff, cookies, biscuit, cheese ball, corned beef, sweet corn, geisha, mayonnaise? Or don't you add seasoning to your soup, stew, noodles? Or you don't eat jollof rice, fried rice? Or you don't add sugar and milk to your tea or bubble tea? Or you don't consume poundo yam, semovita/semolina? Or you don't consume milk drink like viju milk, nutri milk, bobo, bb star? Or you did not drink beer, dry gin, alcoholic bitters, alcholic wine? Or you did not use a mobile phone or laptop? I am very sure that you will be taking and using one or two things I mentioned above. If so, your own health too is not fine. But if one take and use these things at a reasonable amount, it' okay. Do you know the type of chemicals or artificial flavors and ingredients that are added to wheat flour that makes it draw when mixed with yeast, milk flavor, magarine, nutmeg, etc? And yet wheat flour is the major ingredient in the production of bread, noodles, meat pie, buns, sausage roll you eat every day. Or do you know the type of ingredients and artificial flavors that are used to make seasoning that you add to your soup and stew; sugar and salt are the major ingredients used. If you are an observant of taste of seasoning, you will notice that maggi tastes sweetier than any other seasoning due to its high sugar content and still we still consume seasoning everyday. But taking all these things at a reasonable amount is okay. Patronize your local made products and services!
Re: Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand by anthonyuncle(m): 7:16am On Dec 31, 2019
jamalee:
Brother, I know that you would have taken carbonated soft drinks one or two times in your lifetime. If so, it means you too are not in your sane mind. I am talking about patronizing our local made products and services, you are saying something else. Who in this world does consume chemical or artificial made products? But too much of everything is not good. Even if you drink too much water, it will disturb you. If you take too much salt, it will disturb you. Bros, don't you take sausage roll, pasta, bread, meat pie, fish roll, chin-chin, buns, puff-puff, cookies, biscuit, cheese ball, corned beef, sweet corn, geisha, mayonnaise? Or don't you add seasoning to your soup, stew, noodles? Or you don't eat jollof rice, fried rice? Or you don't add sugar and milk to your tea or bubble tea? Or you don't consume poundo yam, semovita/semolina? Or you don't consume milk drink like viju milk, nutri milk, bobo, bb star? Or you did not drink beer, dry gin, alcoholic bitters, alcholic wine? Or you did not use a mobile phone or laptop? I am very sure that you will be taking and using one or two things I mentioned above. If so, your own health too is not fine. But if one take and use these things at a reasonable amount, it' okay. Do you know the type of chemicals or artificial flavors and ingredients that are added to wheat flour that makes it draw when mixed with yeast, milk flavor, magarine, nutmeg, etc? And yet wheat flour is the major ingredient in the production of bread, noodles, meat pie, buns, sausage roll you eat every day. Or do you know the type of ingredients and artificial flavors that are used to make seasoning that you add to your soup and stew; sugar and salt are the major ingredients used. If you are an observant of taste of seasoning, you will notice that maggi tastes sweetier than any other seasoning due to its high sugar content and still we still consume seasoning everyday. But taking all these things at a reasonable amount is okay. Patronize your local made products and services!

ur 2nd sentence here shows that u don't even understand all that I've been saying, (but I won't be blamed for that).
but before u go ahead to do free adverts for dz ur local brands,
plz do check(and provide proves) that they're are better than foreign brands and tell da owners to make it more affordable than foreign brands
Re: Bigi: Nigerians Must Stand With An Indigenous Quality Brand by jamalee: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2019
anthonyuncle:

ur 2nd sentence here shows that u don't even understand all that I've been saying, (but I won't be blamed for that).
but before u go ahead to do free adverts for dz ur local brands,
plz do check(and provide proves) that they're are better than foreign brands and tell da owners to make it more affordable than foreign brands
Brother, it now shows that you prefer foreign brands to your local brands. Well, I won't blame for that because almost 90% of Nigerians have such mindset you have. Foreign or foreign, local or local; if it is good, it is good and if it is inferior, it is inferior. That's just it. A big thanks to Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Alhaji Rabiu Abdulsamad, Dr. Mike Adenuga, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, Hajia Bola Shagaya, Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija, Oba Otudeko, Raymond Dokpesi, Femi Otedola, Kehinde Kamzy, Linda Ikeji and the likes that make Nigeria to be recognized in the world in terms of providing the basic human needs. They built their brand names since their inception in business and they are among the Forbes list of the richest people in the world. If their products and services are not patronized locally, how would they get door to the outside world. The pepsi and cocacola and other soft and fizzy drinks you buy in Nigeria have been patronized by their local people before it get to Nigeria and the rest part of the world. About the affordability you made mentioned of; are foreign brands accetable? If they are, let me know.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buy 3 Cartons Of Thailand Fish And Get A Pack Free . / What Is The Price Of Food In Your Area / Kitchen Tips You Need To Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.