Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant (54596 Views)

Man Beats His Wife To Death, Stuffed Her Body In A Box, Gets Caught (Graphic Pix / Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them / Ugandan Man Storms Police Station With Rats That Ate His Money In A Box. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Foolish workers... I hope he or she is extremely rich for them to miss this kind of opportunity. £15,000 Is over 7.2million naira...

Everything is not about money. Integrity first.

Proverbs 22:1

A good name is more desirable than great riches;
to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.

1 Like

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by richmanrichard: 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
PrayerSlayer1:

Everything is not about money. Integrity first.
Proverbs 22:1
A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.
teacher
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Redman44(m): 12:01am On Dec 30, 2019
daddytime:
I've experienced this while working at a recycling plant. ..

We off machine jump enter conveyor belt begin rush Euros I
Me Nigeria with my Ghanaian, and Congolese colleagues.

The debris we were recycling had come from a demolished building.

You sef sabi am cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Recycling Plants in Europe and America are treasure troves, depending on what you find on the conveyor belts on a daily basis. If you are a good sifter and picker, you will find stuff that you can sell for good money online. All kinds of things are mixed with the rubbish passing in front of you. I had the experience many years ago, working at a Recycling Plant in Europe. I found US Dollars, Mobile Phones in good condition, clothes, books etc. Yes, Congolese men and women are dominant in the recycling industry in Europe alongside people from Ghana. I worked with them. There was this Congolese dude who brought a big sack to work every night smiley smiley smiley smiley. He would search the rubbish thoroughly and put all the household items, toys, books, clothes etc he found into the sack and drive home with his loot in the morning. Someone told me he sent boxes of things he found to Kinshasa every month for his family to sell for him. The guy was always hardworking and committed to work and the whites loved him. But he knew what he was getting from the Recycling Plant. This life oh cool cool cool cool cool.

1 Like

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by toprealman: 12:03am On Dec 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
Now, this is honesty. If the staff had gone with the money, it will be quite difficult to trace him, yet he returned it to the owner.

This is unlike a case where about N98m was mistakenly paid into an acc, the account owner "returned" the money and illiterates started praising him for "honesty" as if he had the option of not "returning" it. undecided

To you, he is a foolish worker for "missing" a good opportunity, but to him, it is not an opportunity. He places more premium on self discipline and honesty. That is why humans are not and can never be the same. cool
Don't also factor in systems that makes it impossible to steal from. With CCTV monitoring your every move, it is very easy and convenient to be a saint.
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by GREATESTPIANIST: 12:05am On Dec 30, 2019
laosy:

You said that last year, see where you are now..abeg shift one side
I changed levels o, guy, am not where I use to b o, for u talking this way shows ur way of thinking, u love stagnation, now, park one side
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by daddytime(m): 12:06am On Dec 30, 2019
Redman44:

You sef sabi am cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Recycling Plants in Europe and America are treasure troves, depending on what you find on the conveyor belts on a daily basis. If you are a good sifter and picker, you will find stuff that you can sell for good money online. All kinds of things are mixed with the rubbish passing in front of you. I had the experience many years ago, working at a Recycling Plant in Europe. I found US Dollars, Mobile Phones in good condition, clothes, books etc. Yes, Congolese men and women are dominant in the recycling industry in Europe alongside people from Ghana. I worked with them. There was this Congolese dude who brought a big sack to work every night smiley smiley smiley smiley. He would search the rubbish thoroughly and put all the household items, toys, books, clothes etc he found into the sack and drive home with his loot in the morning. Someone told me he sent boxes of things he found to Kinshasa every month for his family to sell for him. The guy was always hardworking and committed to work and the whites loved him. But he knew what he was getting from the Recycling Plant. This life oh cool cool cool cool cool.

You sabi the matter...lol

The sifting work na " iron here, wood here etc"...na so we dey sing to kill time especially during night shifts.

I enjoyed my time doing the job aside the shitty diapers you'd come across lol. You are sure to find a valuable pick on a daily.

E come dey sound like say na the same place me and you work o..i worked at SITA recycling Rotterdam.

1 Like

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by joshuanwankwo(m): 12:06am On Dec 30, 2019
embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed i saw this post and i began to cry
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by laosy(m): 12:10am On Dec 30, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
I changed levels o, guy, am not where I use to b o, for u talking this way shows ur way of thinking, u love stagnation, now, park one side
Congrats to you!, So can you please GTFO of my mentions!!??
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by drakeli: 12:11am On Dec 30, 2019
ednut1:
In 2006 i lost my motorola l6 in a bus in birmingham. 2 days later i was able to get it back from the bus office. If na 9ja e for don enter show glass in ikeja

I lost my debit card inside Walmart. An oyinbo boy that saw it and was very sure it belonged to me ran up to me and gave it to me. I thanked him.

I lost the same card inside Wholefood Market with oyinbo shoppers. I went to their customer care desk to tell them I lost my card inside their store. Lo and behold! The customer care handed me my card.

However, I went to shop in a Nigerian African market store. Where no oyinbo people dey. I lost my card right inside the store and I never found it. I asked the register. Nobody reported any lost but found card.

The moral of the story. Don’t expect to find your lost valuables in an environment with majority black people and worse Nigerians. At least for the most part.
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Redman44(m): 12:20am On Dec 30, 2019
daddytime:

You sabi the matter...lol

The sifting work na " iron here, wood here etc"...na so we dey sing to kill time especially during night shifts.

I enjoyed my time doing the job aside the shitty diapers you'd come across lol. You are sure to find a valuable pick on a daily.

E come dey sound like say na the same place me and you work o..i worked at SITA recycling Rotterdam.

I did not live or work in the Netherlands. I worked for SITA too, but in England. I also worked for Veolia in France around 2009 and 2012. I never lived or worked in Holland. Yes, Veolia and SITA have Recycling Plants and Sites all over Europe. As for the shitty diapers, I also came across them. Life brings its own challenges to us. I have since left the Recycling Industry to other things. I had to step up and follow my bigger dreams. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by daddytime(m): 12:25am On Dec 30, 2019
Redman44:

I did not live or work in the Netherlands. I worked for SITA too, but in England. I also worked for Veolia in France around 2009 and 2012. I never lived or worked in Holland. Yes, Veolia and SITA have Recycling Plants and Sites all over Europe. As for the shitty diapers, I also came across them. Life brings its own challenges to us. I have since left the Recycling Industry to other things. I had to step up and follow my bigger dreams. Thanks.

Bless you mate....

2 Likes

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Redman44(m): 12:32am On Dec 30, 2019
Kingstanding:
. Lol I swear you won't . The person that saw the money might have not step his foot in the Church before. Being an honest person is not a matter of being a church goer but it is a matter of home training and the society you're living. 97% of people born and raised in Western world don't know how to tell lie most especially white folks. Home training is the best.

This is not completely true. False Assumption. A good number of people born and raised in the western world are not saints either. I've lived among white people, so I know what I am saying.

1 Like

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by ForbesHomesNG(m): 12:37am On Dec 30, 2019
Sunofgod:
If na naija....... a completely different story!
grin
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by EnaibeSam: 12:47am On Dec 30, 2019
I think God created Oyibo people in the day, that's why they are very transparent, honest and trustworthy. But for black people, maybe God created them in the night, that's why they are very black both inside and outside.

Bible even says : the heart of a black man (especially Nigerian) is desperately wicked
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Gabbybass(m): 12:48am On Dec 30, 2019
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by kolade560: 12:57am On Dec 30, 2019
5 odds sure game per day, if interested WhatsApp me 07033873814
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by enemyofprogress: 1:48am On Dec 30, 2019
Hmmmmmmnn, na wa o, lead us not into temptation. Mynd44 if na you, you go return am?
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by seangy4konji: 2:15am On Dec 30, 2019
Make I no lie to you..am not a liar...

If I see this type of money st airport toilet or anywhere?which was not mistakenly paid into account

I won't return it...
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Alashoalash10: 2:25am On Dec 30, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
This is the type of prayer I prayed throughout 2019. That I should just see a large amount like this on the road or bush shocked
Guess I will see it in 2020 grin
You better work hard as there is no other way to prosperity than hard labour
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Alashoalash10: 2:26am On Dec 30, 2019
seangy4konji:
Make I no lie to you..am not a liar...

If I see this type of money st airport toilet or anywhere?which was not mistakenly paid into account

I won't return it...
people like you will never come across such money
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:38am On Dec 30, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
This is the type of prayer I prayed throughout 2019. That I should just see a large amount like this on the road or bush shocked
Guess I will see it in 2020 grin
Where is your integrity?
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by seangy4konji: 2:53am On Dec 30, 2019
Alashoalash10:
people like you will never come across such money
I am not praying yo cone across free cash.rather work for it but if I see,I won't return.font give yourself brain tumor over my opinion,..PS.won't reply you.
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:04am On Dec 30, 2019
Sunofgod:

Hunger bad
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by miniziter(m): 3:06am On Dec 30, 2019
Redman44:
If you work in recycling plants in the UK and you sort out the rubbish on conveyor belts, you will find a lot of precious things in the midst of the rubbish you are sorting. And if you have a business orientation, you will make a lot of money by selling the things you find on ebay or send them down to Nigeria to be sold for you. That is why the workers at this Recycling Plant returned the £15,000 to the couple. They know how much they make from Shoes, good clothing, DVD's, Computer parts, Flash Drives, phones, books etc they find in the rubbish they sort on a yearly basis. Not to talk of Freezers, TV Sets, Computers, Furniture etc that are also thrown away by people at Recycling Plants in the advanced world cool cool cool cool cool.
But my economics teacher told me that human wants are insatiable. Are you disputing that fact?
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:10am On Dec 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
Now, this is honesty. If the staff had gone with the money, it will be quite difficult to trace him, yet he returned it to the owner.

This is unlike a case where about N98m was mistakenly paid into an acc, the account owner "returned" the money and illiterates started praising him for "honesty" as if he had the option of not "returning" it. undecided

To you, he is a foolish worker for "missing" a good opportunity, but to him, it is not an opportunity. He places more premium on self discipline and honesty. That is why humans are not and can never be the same. cool
Tolotolo who self discipline EPP
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Hypocrit: 3:17am On Dec 30, 2019
Sunofgod:
How you take know. People have received their loss valuables here in 9ja too. I have personally forwarded a recharge card that was mistakenly sent to my number, even while the person never knew that he sent it to a wrong number this is among many. And there are numerous people like that in this country of ours. dont generalized with your own insincerity.

1 Like

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by ekhai(m): 3:19am On Dec 30, 2019
Sunofgod:
THAT'S WHERE GUYS REFUSED TO CELEBRATE YOUR OWN. COLONIAL MENTALITY/ INFERIORITY COMPLEX. IS IT NOT IN THE SAME NAIJA A CLEANER IN AN AIRPORT RETURNED A HUGE SOME OF MONEY?
Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Hypocrit: 3:29am On Dec 30, 2019
kinibigdeal:
We still have some honest people too in Nigeria but certainly not on Nairaland
There are lots of honest people here. People are just taking advantage of obscurity of the Forum to act the way they do here, most of these people are not what they are in reality. Is just fun catching of the masquerade.

1 Like

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by Hypocrit: 3:32am On Dec 30, 2019
[quote author=Froshloaded post=85330863]If it was a Nigerian Man The owner should just forget the money [/quote.lies

1 Like

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by socialmediaman: 3:37am On Dec 30, 2019
Froshloaded:
If it was a Nigerian Man
The owner should just forget the money

kinibigdeal:
We still have some honest people too in Nigeria but certainly not on Nairaland

We do. Someone credited my account months ago and I kept calling the bank to return the money but they couldn’t trace the owner because he deposited by cash. At some point they got tired of my calls and they wondered why I was so persistent about having the money get back to its owner grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by GermanMelania: 3:41am On Dec 30, 2019
Odunolumide:
There are dishonest people in Europe likewise Honest people too.

Same as in Nigeria.

Don't let anyone deceive you with the 'if na naija e no possible ' talk.
You too get sense. Bless!

1 Like

Re: UK Couple Accidentally Throw Away £15,000 In A Box At A Recycling Plant by theassassin1: 3:45am On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:

Ok.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South African Lady Burnt To Death By Boyfriend For Breaking Up With Him / Nollywood Costumier Prince Onyewere Rapes 10-Year-Old Girl On Movie Set In Asaba / Man Escapes With Arrow In His Back After Attack By Fulani Men. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.